Create a Thriller Tour setlist

analogue

Proud Member
If there was a Thriller tour instead of a Victory tour, what would your ideal setlist be?

1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Get On The Floor
3. Off The Wall
4. Human Nature
5. Heartbreak Hotel
6. Destiny
7. Baby Be Mine
8. P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)
9. Blame It On The Boogie
10. One Day In Your Life
11. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
12. Thriller
13. The Lady In My Life
14. Working Day And Night
15. Beat It
16. Billie Jean
17. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

Last edited:
not sure about a tour, but I would have loved a one off concert professionally shot, and broadcast around the world during his peak! :)

setlist

wanna be startin' something
say say say
p.y.t
human nature
farewell my summer love
beat it
billie jean
somebody's watching me/thriller

all songs would be sung in the original key, or mimed/pre recorded I don't mind.

at some point during a costume change or intermission, 'can't get outta the rain' could be featured.

I know it's short, but I just wanted to focus on the hits during that time. especially the ones that were never performed. I think they'd get the best reaction. no filler or re-treads.

If there was a Thriller tour instead of a Victory tour, what would your ideal setlist be?

1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Get On The Floor
3. Off The Wall
4. Human Nature
5. Heartbreak Hotel
6. Destiny
7. Baby Be Mine
8. P.T.Y (Pretty Young Thing)
9. Blame It On The Boogie
10. One Day In Your Life
11. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
12. Thriller
13. The Lady In My Life
14. Working Day And Night
15. Beat It
16. Billie Jean
17. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

Substitute destiny for j5 melody & one day in your life for rock with you. BOOM

not sure about a tour, but I would have loved a one off concert professionally shot, and broadcast around the world during his peak! :)

setlist

wanna be startin' something
say say say
p.y.t
human nature
farewell my summer love
beat it
billie jean
somebody's watching me/thriller

all songs would be sung in the original key, or mimed/pre recorded I don't mind.

at some point during a costume change or intermission, 'can't get outta the rain' could be featured.

I know it's short, but I just wanted to focus on the hits during that time. especially the ones that were never performed. I think they'd get the best reaction. no filler or re-treads.

This makes me wonder, has MJ ever sung any of his thriller songs in their original key live?

Themidwestcowboy;4263288 said:
This makes me wonder, has MJ ever sung any of his thriller songs in their original key live?

Didn’t he sing Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and Beat In their original key in beginning concerts of the Dangerous Tour?

Great ideas here for the setlist but I would love when MJ would have surpurised his fans also with a song that nobody knows at this timepoint and is later only be seen and heared on the dvd or cd for the tour.
I would choose for this surprise: "Love never felt so good", "carousel"!

Last edited:
M.J. Content;4263379 said:
Didn’t he sing Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and Beat In their original key in beginning concerts of the Dangerous Tour?

Oh yeah i forgot about that. Human nature and Billie Jean on the Victory Tour are the only consistent live performances of the thriller songs in their original keys.

Mike had a real difficult time singing Beat it in the original key that night in Munich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-7sIcYBCY

the best thing about recording a song is that you never have to sing it again. it's capturing a moment in time, where all of the energy is put into that one thing until it's perfect.

the best thing about recording a song is that you never have to sing it again. it's capturing a moment in time, where all of the energy is put into that one thing until it's perfect.

fbc8985860c63d13167d82d2b2e3da98.jpg

Here’s my projection of the Thriller Tour setlist:

1. ”Wanna Be Startin‘ Somethin’”
2. ”Things I Do For You”
3. ”Get On The Floor”
4. ”Off The Wall”
5. ”Human Nature”
6. ”Heartbreak Hotel”
7. ”She‘s Out Of My Life”
8. ”Jackson 5 Medley”
9. ”Rock With You”
10. ”P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)”
11. ”Working Day And Night”
12. ”Beat It”
13. ”Thriller”
14. “Don‘t Stop Til‘ You Get Enough”
15. ”Billie Jean”
16. ”Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)”

Last edited:
Wanna be startin’ somethin’
Off the wall
This place hotel
Human nature

Don’t stop till’ you get enough
She’s out of my life

Jackson 5 Medley
Rock with you/Shake your body

Workin’ day and night

P.Y.T (pretty young thing)

Beat it

Billie Jean

Thriller

Wanna be startin’ somethin’
Off the wall
This place hotel
Human nature

Don’t stop till’ you get enough
She’s out of my life

Jackson 5 Medley
Rock with you/Shake your body

Workin’ day and night

P.Y.T (pretty young thing)

Beat it

Billie Jean

Thriller
great list 👍🏽 I wouldn’t really change anything here.

This is easy

Wanna be startin something
Pyt
Baby be mine
the lady in my life
State of shock
Don’t stop till you get enough
Rock with you
off the wall
Human nature
The girl is mine
she’s out of my life
Billie Jean
Beat it
Thriller

Just look at it, could have been the greatest tour ever

Last edited:
1. Wanna Be Starting Something
2. Heartbreak Hotel
3. Human Nature
4. Lovely One
5. She's Out Of My Life
6. Jackson 5 Medley
7. Working Day & Night
8. Off The Wall
9. PYT
10. Rock With You
11. Thriller
12. Beat It
13. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
14. Shake Your Body To The Ground
15. Billie Jean

I’m gonna rustle some feathers here. You guys are all playing it so safe when it comes to creating setlists. You were just as narrowminded as Michael himself when it comes to this.

Perhaps he was right after all, the fans want the hits so I give them the hits.
In that case I’m not a fan because I want the deep cuts as well.

I’m gonna rustle some feathers here. You guys are all playing it so safe when it comes to creating setlists. You were just as narrowminded as Michael himself when it comes to this.

Perhaps he was right after all, the fans want the hits so I give them the hits.
In that case I’m not a fan because I want the deep cuts as well.
I made my setlist taking into consideration what songs Michael would choose to perform.

If it was up to me, I would include songs like Baby Be Mine, The Lady In My Life, It's The Falling In Love, I Can't Help It in my setlist.

this is something that I’ve thought about on and off - especially since the revelation from John branca, that Michael was going to tour as a solo act before agreeing to join his brothers on the ‘victory’ tour.

had the ‘thriller’ tour actually happened, I think the set list would have been the same as ‘victory’, only with the obvious exclusion of jermaine’s solo section. I think michael might’ve tried to negotiate with the Jehovah’s witnesses to allow him to perform the title song ‘thriller’. whether or not it would have worked is a different matter..

I think the hits are what determines an artist’s legacy. if a show can be full of them, there leaves no space for lulls, and it’s successful. everything has to flow. it can’t be random. some songs simply translate better live, whether it’s on a sound or visual level, than others.

Can someone ask ChatGPT to create a Thriller Tour setlist ?
(Just curious about the results, haven't decide exactly yet if I want to shared my own data with them.)

Honestly, Every single time I try to envision a "Thriller tour", the Victory tour is the first thing that really comes to mind...It basically WAS the Thriller tour, unlike the Destiny and Triumph tours, absolutley nothing from Victory was performed on the Victory tour, not even a small snippet of a song.

Honestly, Every single time I try to envision a "Thriller tour", the Victory tour is the first thing that really comes to mind...It basically WAS the Thriller tour, unlike the Destiny and Triumph tours, absolutley nothing from Victory was performed on the Victory tour, not even a small snippet of a song.
Yeah it was clearly part of the deal for the brothers to call it that. That said it really should have featured the thriller song. I can imagine the people in 1984 being very disappointed it wasn’t in the setlist.

Yeah it was clearly part of the deal for the brothers to call it that. That said it really should have featured the thriller song. I can imagine the people in 1984 being very disappointed it wasn’t in the setlist.
Yeah in 1984, people would have been disappointed that Thriller wasn't part of the setlist.

But in hindsight, I couldn't care less if Thriller wasn't performed at the Victory Tour. I never liked Thriller live anyway.

Back