Thriller 4k

Hope that threller 3D will be leaked on the Internet as soon as possible

Thriller 3D won't be leaked, although their have been some screen recordings from the cinema appear on YouTube

I have NO idea why they’ve spent all this money to show it at some B movie for 2 weeks. Absolutely insane.

dam2040;4320955 said:
I have NO idea why they’ve spent all this money to show it at some B movie for 2 weeks. Absolutely insane.
I was just talking to a friend about this & I said these exact words....words can't express how I feel about the estate & John branca...not even 1 excuse as to why it's not being released. I'm just very lucky & proud to have seen it on a imax screen

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I still can not believe why they spent so much time and money restoring it when they don't share it with the fans...

I hope very much they also focused on making a great 2D version. - 3D is dead really, and nearly noone watches 3D at home. Less and less movies in theaters are 3D these days, so I think it was very unnessecary to convert it into 3D. At least I hope they put a lot of effort into the normal 2D version too. - And I really hope they did not make too many changes to the sound/music.

They were definitely going to have it in cinemas before a film every year and not actually release it imo.

But to show it 1 week before another movie each year seems ridiculous really. And not profitable.

And IMAX only?? - Many countries don't even have IMAX - I only think Denmark has 1 IMAX.

Tehy should at least release it in all cinemas, but still makes no sense.

My biggest guess is that they're going to do the entire collection & add it...if not then...to hell with the estate (branca)

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I would love this packaged with a Victory Tour concert or a new doc. Thriller 40? They cant just let this remaster go to waste.

the estate does not want to publish anything they think that is enough what there is video material on YouTube

One day we will have HD videos of Michael. Thriller, Ghosts, the whole. Let's wait a bit. I'm still hopeful

dam2040;4320955 said:
I have NO idea why they’ve spent all this money to show it at some B movie for 2 weeks.
I think this version is kinda useless for home video, since I don't think most people have a 3D TV or player. Most people don't even have 4K players. DVDs are still the highest seller, they sell more than regular Blu Ray & 4K put together. Many people just stream stuff and don't buy physical anything, whether its CDs, DVDs, Blu Ray, vinyl, etc.

Re: 3D

I think this version is kinda useless for home video, since I don't think most people have a 3D TV or player. Most people don't even have 4K players. DVDs are still the highest seller, they sell more than regular Blu Ray & 4K put together. Many people just stream stuff and don't buy physical anything, whether its CDs, DVDs, Blu Ray, vinyl, etc.

3D as a format died many years ago - however, as seen from the trailer they have the 4K 2D film reel scan done and complete, and that is the version that should be at the very least up on YouTube. Through the official Michael Jackson store they could expand on that, and release a high-spec Blu-Ray containing other materials, such as the 'Making Of' or even documenting the process of how they converted it.

But no, they'd rather all that work goes to waste.

I'm sure they will release the videos again when they have remastered them. On Blu-Ray and maybe again on DVD. Would be great to see them in HD.

3D as a format died many years ago - however, as seen from the trailer they have the 4K 2D film reel scan done and complete, and that is the version that should be at the very least up on YouTube. Through the official Michael Jackson store they could expand on that, and release a high-spec Blu-Ray containing other materials, such as the 'Making Of' or even documenting the process of how they converted it.

But no, they'd rather all that work goes to waste.
Is it the same as the 3D though? I've heard that some of the audio was missing (or couldn't be used) when they did the 3D version and they had to do a new mix of the music parts. It was said that are some bad edits that can be heard. If so, then its kinda similar to the 4K version of the Missionary Man video by Eurythmics. The entire video is not 4K, only the non-effects parts are 4K since that portion came from the original film. The special effects parts were edited on videotape and I guess it was too expensive and time consuming to do it over.

Is it the same as the 3D though? I've heard that some of the audio was missing (or couldn't be used) when they did the 3D version and they had to do a new mix of the music parts. It was said that are some bad edits that can be heard. If so, then its kinda similar to the 4K version of the Missionary Man video by Eurythmics. The entire video is not 4K, only the non-effects parts are 4K since that portion came from the original film. The special effects parts were edited on videotape and I guess it was too expensive and time consuming to do it over.

They scanned the original film in 4K before making it 3D. Thriller has no cgi so they could easily scan it. It wasn't edited on tape. They can do that with every short film from the 80s. Dangerous era videos might be more difficult because they started using cgi. I hope they include both the new and old audio for Thriller.

The audio has no correlation to the video. The elements were recreated for it to work in the cinema surround sound setting.

Yeah, if I recall they lost the original audio materials for that part of the video, so they needed to recreate it in order to make a surround mix. Some fans said it was quite noticeable.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I recall they lost the original audio materials for that part of the video, so they needed to recreate it in order to make a surround mix. Some fans said it was quite noticeable.

Yeah I saw the amateur recording and it threw me big time. The most iconic music video of all time.. with different music?

I still hope they do release it - along The Making of - and Maybe a combo with Ghosts and The making of Ghosts.

Back