Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

My goodness, I hope this is true!!!!

Can't be. Branca has stated at the Thriller 3D screening and the Diamond celebration that they have converted a show that comes from a German TV station to HD.
It's definitely Munich.

The only way i would buy this is if A it was a show we hadn't seen, preferably from the early dates in the tour and B they include a ton of extras like backstage footage, rehearsals and things like that. If it is just a bog standard DVD with just the concert on it and it is indeed Munich then I won't be buying as i can get it on YouTube so there would be no point.

Every anti-Estate person has one project that made them the way they are.

This would be mine.

I wholeheartedly can't think of a single worse project to release than this. I'd be more willing to buy the remaining nine Cascio tracks than I would ever a History tour concert.

After the hell that was 2019, we need a win, not another loss.

I don't understand the logic behind this. The cons outweighs the pros. I can't think of a single good, or logical, argument as to why this should be released instead of any of his other tours.

according to the Estate, they don't have any other show in HD other than Munich '97. It sucks cause we all know it's BS.
Exactly. I swear the fans did more research on Film concert material. Zakk did alot when he was active. The bad25 statement only mentioned Umatic tapes but they released HD bad tour Film in the same doc lol.
At least tell us if you can confirm or found the wembley film Warren Eagles personally edited. Or the Aintree show that was going to be broadcast but shelved because of weather/injury. Not to mention LA '89.I will not accept Munich 97 as the only show the estate can release.

I will not accept Munich 97 as the only show the estate can release.

Every anti-Estate person has one project that made them the way they are.

This would be mine.

I wholeheartedly can't think of a single worse project to release than this. I'd be more willing to buy the remaining nine Cascio tracks than I would ever a History tour concert.

After the hell that was 2019, we need a win, not another loss.

High quality Bluray would be good for MJs legacy right now imo.

wasting it on releasing concert everyone saw 100s of times on yt is just plain stupid.

I agree.

I'm pretty sure his estate has more things release they just lazy and don't want to do them. if fans has to make all Michael concerts in HD then I guess that's what we going for.

it's sad his estate doing this to him. I don't think we getting HIStory 25 or Dangerous because they still haven't did when they both turn 15 etc. they saying HIStory and Dangerous wasn't his best albums.

that's a lie. people was buying and listening to both of them when they both came out.

i'm almost done with his estate. i really hope we get something good this year or this decade with all the crap we went though last year then the musical. which i hope will be good even though they got people who think he guilty working with it.

i really hope we get more concerts releases and music before we all leave this earth.

Pretty sure Liverpool 1988 was shot on film, and L.A 1989 might not be good enough for a blu ray release, but it is good enough for a HQ DVD release. I just want a HQ release of any BAD Tour show from 1988 or 1989. It doesn't have to be in HD

And what would be really awesome is if the estate released a double disc blu ray and/or DVD of a 1987 show and a 88/89 show.

The recently leaked Dangerous Tour videos from Oslo, Copenhagen and Breman is the type of quality I'd be happy with for a BAD tour 88/89 release.

Hey, off topic, but I just wanted to let you know that this way of replying to multiple people in one post is exactly what people tried to explain to you recently. Do it this way more often! Happy to see you figured it out! :)(y)

Yeah. i didn't get at first. i did try in the past but it didn't work for me. now i know how to use it. i have trouble learning and doing new things. and sometimes i get frustrated when i don't get or understand.

sorry if i annoy anyone. i wasn't my fault. thank you all.

NatureCriminal7896;4282052 said:
Yeah. i didn't get at first. i did try in the past but it work for me. now i know how to use it. i have trouble learning and doing new things. and sometimes i get
frustrated when i don't get or understand.

sorry if i annoy anyone. i wasn't my fault. thank you all.

We’re all learning all the time, each at their own pace. :)

Like I said the only reason for them to do this is because they are lazy. It would require money and effort to release anything else.

If you want to trust someone on the internet you've never heard of, go ahead.

And it absolutely is what he said. He commented about the lack of live singing, that it had been converted from the German TV show, "but we really respect that Michael was the greatest entertainer who ever lived...but the last thing we wanna do is put out anything that in any sense doesn't salute who Michael really was". And as you correctly point out, he says some footage will be used for a HIStory documentary.

This is him saying you're not getting a standalone full release of the concert. He said this 16 months ago, he may have changed his mind. But I'll take his word for it for now.

IMO the takeaway from the chat we've been told about is that they WONT release a full HIStory tour and that they will include the best aspects of that tour in one or more documentaries. So I'd imaging that we'd see excerpts of those tracks he always sang live. Hopefully enough good footage exists that it wouldn't be Munich.

Cannot see it happening at all. Personally I do enjoy the history tour, despite the miming. Opening 20 minutes is killer.

Having the band mime and the backing singers mime to his vocals in tracks like Stranger in Moscow is pretty bad though.

Yeah I never understood why the backing singers are there. They're clearly singing, but the audio is not put through the speakers. It's such a waste. I always felt that everything about that tour was lazy. If MJ was going to mime he should have at least made new recordings of the audio. He could have allowed the backing singers to to be heard. They had professionals involved who were more than capable of doing those things. then of course there's the miming during tracks like YANA and Stranger in Moscow which MJ SHOULD have been able to sing live as there was little dancing involved. It's an embarrassment watching those performances in 2020 (it was bad enough in 97).

Instead we ended up with many people complaining that they were just listening to album tracks in a stadium.

If it's Munich, it's worse than nothing, because the ZDFHD version we have has perfect video quality, and I doubt if an official release would be any better. I hope if they'll release History Tour, they'd pick Prague or other shows with the best energy and performance, or do a edited show from several concerts.

What we all hope is a decent release of another Bad Tour concert like MSG New York 1988 or LA 1989, or Victory Tour, but the chance is getting smaller and smaller, since videos are heading HD, and DVDs or even 4:3 videos are gradually dying. I really hope we could have a chance to see MJ's best concerts before we get old.

Often when old footage is converted from 4:3 to 16:9 (or similar) they chop off either the top or bottom (or a proportion of both! depending on what's going on at the time). that's difficult with MJ concert footage because you want to see the footwork at all times. More so than his head tbh because at least the feet are moving live, the head is only lipsyncing.

I'm pretty sure his estate has more things release they just lazy and don't want to do them. if fans has to make all Michael concerts in HD then I guess that's what we going for.

it's sad his estate doing this to him. I don't think we getting HIStory 25 or Dangerous because they still haven't did when they both turn 15 etc. they saying HIStory and Dangerous wasn't his best albums.

that's a lie. people was buying and listening to both of them when they both came out.

i'm almost done with his estate. i really hope we get something good this year or this decade with all the crap we went though last year then the musical. which i hope will be good even though they got people who think he guilty working with it.

i really hope we get more concerts releases and music before we all leave this earth.

But the MJ Estate will consider CURRENT interest in HIStory and Dangerous and the metrics indicate there isn't much demand. It's just a fact of life. MJ Estate is there to make money. Yes, they should promote other projects, such as HIStory or Dangerous but those will be at the back of the line.

Exactly. I swear the fans did more research on Film concert material. Zakk did alot when he was active. The bad25 statement only mentioned Umatic tapes but they released HD bad tour Film in the same doc lol.
At least tell us if you can confirm or found the wembley film Warren Eagles personally edited. Or the Aintree show that was going to be broadcast but shelved because of weather/injury. Not to mention LA '89.I will not accept Munich 97 as the only show the estate can release.

What was filmed and what has survived until 2020 are two different things. It became very clear years ago that much of the recorded material wasn't preserved or organised well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is very little footage in good condition.

DVD still outsells Blu Ray even today.

Dude, I'm not talking about my point of view, I'm just saying what are The Estate's reasons for not releasing any other show. They want to release an HD show and Munich is all they can work with.

But the MJ Estate will consider CURRENT interest in HIStory and Dangerous and the metrics indicate there isn't much demand. It's just a fact of life. MJ Estate is there to make money. Yes, they should promote other projects, such as HIStory or Dangerous but those will be at the back of the line.

What was filmed and what has survived until 2020 are two different things. It became very clear years ago that much of the recorded material wasn't preserved or organized well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is very little footage in good condition.
Fair enough. My main point was they could have at least acknowledged film material in 2012. They could of said "We are aware of some film that Patrick Kelly and Warren eagles worked on during the tour, but we are unable to locate the film at this time."

I would rather believe they found the material in 2012 but they couldn't scan and edit in time for release which would explain the rushed audio errors on the Wembley DVD.

DVD still outsells Blu Ray even today.

Which is why I love collecting DVDs. I love better with the combo of DVDs and BluRay like Disney and Funimation did.

ScreenOrigami;4282053 said:
We’re all learning all the time, each at their own pace. :)

76496b32b93ac255d7265771bcfac439.jpg

If this is gonna get released it will get terrible reviews as "miming" in concerts is totally not done. I didn't realize it as a kid at the time (went to 2 concerts as an early teen) but if I had to go to a "this is it" concert as an adult and he playback I would have been furious. I cannot accept it, ever!

This will basically reinforce the view many have that MJ was not very talented apart from dancing , which is complete bullshit.

Now I could be here crying for a release of any concert prior to the dangerous tour but I've seen footage on YouTube and almost all of it is very badly filmed. Camera from the side, camera too close to the stage, split screen bullshit. If that's the state of concert footage we have then I don't want anything at all to be honest.

What could be done however is releasing more concert audio. MJ was vocally never better from 1970 to 1981. The Victory and Bad tours were still great as well but after that the less said the better about his live vocals imo

Back