Would fans be interested in an official MJ collectors label?

Would you like a special MJ collectors label?

• Yes

Votes: 176 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters
Would definitely be here for that! It would bring forth even more excitement, for me, being a Michael fan being able to collect new/unreleased material!

I'm now for this but they still could promote things. I mean Sony have not promoted Michael properly with good "short promotional films" (a.k.a. "music videos) in twenty years so they need to do something else than working with them. This is completely absurd. Michael Jackson as a product has not been done well in many, many years...for example you all realize that there is no reason why the booklets for "Michael" and "Xscape" were not full of photographs and more artwork, right?

I'm now for this but they still could promote things. I mean Sony have not promoted Michael properly with good "short promotional films" (a.k.a. "music videos) in twenty years so they need to do something else than working with them. This is completely absurd. Michael Jackson as a product has not been done well in many, many years...for example you all realize that there is no reason why the booklets for "Michael" and "Xscape" were not full of photographs and more artwork, right?

I thought Xscape was marketed extremely well. I saw posters in many stores and whilst out and about too! Getting Justin Timberlake to help promote it introduced it to many younger audiences as well and helped Michael get his first Top Ten single since the turn of the century! The album topped the charts in a number of countries, reaching the Top 5 in almost every single music market!

Even fans could hardly complain, we got remixes AND the original demos - the best of both worlds! Fans who complained that they had heard these songs before had no-one else to blame but themselves, no-one forced them to go out of their way to listen to leaked material and why should the Estate withhold it from everyone else just because 1% of people have heard it? I am one of those people who listened to the leaks years before, and it did not bother me that they were used as the remixes made them feel like new songs! Even some of the demos were different. The only issue I had was with the APWNN music video, but it's hard to fault them when the main star isn't even here.

I like that Michael and Xscape used artworks instead of photos, along with the updated sounds it made them feel like their own 'eras' as such. Also, I don't think the photographs in a booklet is that great of a point. Go back to the original CD releases of Michael's studio albums and you found that most - at least Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and Invincible - really only featured one or two photographs at the most... more often than not a single collage in the middle and that's it. It was mostly just plain pages with lyrics on them. By using artworks with similar and new designs, it helps the album stand out whilst retaining a cohesive feel to it, instead of just grabbing some images from various eras with varying styles and slapping them in a collage together. Although I admit, it would be cool to see photos of Michael in the studio... but otherwise I'm not fussed.

For a posthumous project, I felt Xscape is a great example of how to do it well. So little went wrong, and so much went right as evident by not only the general fan's reaction - but that of the general public too!

I would love to see many full concerts!!!!

Like really really really!! No jokes! I am ready to pay! You Estate want my money??

I'm surprised 5 has answered no - and 9 not sure.

What's not to like? If you don't wanna buy, don't - but why not wish it is available to other fans? - And people in general who likes music, concerts etc.

The answer can in my opinion only be YES to this question. :)

I hope they consider this. It would awesome. They could release a new concert every once in a while from many eras.

Does it have to be done through Sony? Can the Estate just produce it and find a company to produce and distribute it?

Does it have to be done through Sony?

Yes. That's why Sony signed a deal with them.

If they could just bypass Sony, then there'd be no point in Sony signing the distribution deal with them.

I wish all of his work wasn't owned by Sony.
The Collectors Label would be fantastic, then, because charting and massive sales won't be the highest goal of the release.
I'd buy everything! :yes:

The amount of $ collectors make off fans for rare concert material the estate could make 10 times that if they would listen to the fans and do this. Release his concert rehearsals (That haven't leaked) or dust off the other Wembley tapes and release a Wembley collectors disc set. These are just some thoughts on the top of 1 fans head. Imagine what the estate can do with their cooperation with all the fans.

The amount of $ collectors make off fans for rare concert material the estate could make 10 times that if they would listen to the fans and do this. Release his concert rehearsals (That haven't leaked) or dust off the other Wembley tapes and release a Wembley collectors disc set. These are just some thoughts on the top of 1 fans head. Imagine what the estate can do with their cooperation with all the fans.

I agree with everything you said, especially the bolded. If they ever did a Wembley collector's set, I'd run up to them and say...

^same. sadly there is always people from MJHO uploading the official releases.........that really bothers me. that's why the Estate is not making a release like Bad 25 again :(

^same. sadly there is always people from MJHO uploading the official releases.........that really bothers me. that's why the Estate is not making a release like Bad 25 again :(

Then the estate should "really" send them a letter next time Wembley download links get shared. That forum seems to be unregulated. Some illegal posts shouldn't be the reason the fans don't get another professional concert release. But I do get you're point.

I agree with everything you said, especially the bolded. If they ever did a Wembley collector's set, I'd run up to them and say...

Exactly :) The july 16 show wasn't the only Wembley date recorded on multitracks. We seen the quality of July 15. It's not bad, and I don't think it was "remastered". Add the HQ audio and you have another great release. Similar to what Queen did. They released 2 Wembley shows together. That would be a good release in my opinion. Or maybe even Dangerous tour at Wembley. Who knows. There's several opportunities for the estate.

That would be a dream come true.. i'd pay my ass off!

Agreed. This NEEDS to happen.
The estate should have a 'fan committee' to give them a fans perspective of an ideal release.
IMO They could have the best collectors label of all time. Organise and package his live work. Set up an online store with both streaming and physical media.
Take the best sources of film from any given era (If no full show exists).
Triumph tour for example has several dates recorded on multitrack for the live album. Dub it with Film material and call it "Jackson's Triumph on Film" etc. IMO every era should be showcased in this fashion. The possibilities are endless.
These are just my thoughts and I hope they strongly consider this....

Agreed. This NEEDS to happen.
The estate should have a 'fan committee' to give them a fans perspective of an ideal release.
IMO They could have the best collectors label of all time. Organise and package his live work. Set up an online store with both streaming and physical media.
Take the best sources of film from any given era (If no full show exists).
Triumph tour for example has several dates recorded on multitrack for the live album. Dub it with Film material and call it "Jackson's Triumph on Film" etc. IMO every era should be showcased in this fashion. The possibilities are endless.
These are just my thoughts and I hope they strongly consider this....

Somebody NEEDS to mention this to the Estate at whatever next Q&A!!

I wish Michael's Estate had aquired a Network (Name It MJTv) ,Manufacture Merchandising co. MJ Website all 100 percent MJ Estate owned.. MJ Earned/Deserves his Right Platform! Despiste the outside Unjust shady bans and mutes , merchandise pulling tactics, Just straight Wickedness! Michael would still have his own Media/Manufacture Empire with no 2nd 3rd parties pulling these Reckless Practice's. Just My wishful thinking .

Bumping because we deserve one.

If we had a collectors label, we could have gotten July 15th audio released. No need to wait for anniversary releases. With how secretive private MJ collectors are, I feel like an official label would allow more leaks and content to come out. Maybe then, a second leg Bad tour concert will actually leak in full..

Back