Michael Jackson TV Alerts Thread

Does MTV Classic still play Michael Jackson music videos or have they stopped because of the allegations?

Does MTV Classic still play Michael Jackson music videos or have they stopped because of the allegations?

I think that channel broadcast a "We Love the 90s" show in the same timeslot as the first part of Leaving Neverland in the UK. The very first video they showed was Stranger In Moscow. One of the programmers sending a message there.

'Killing Michael Jackson' (About the Murray investigation).

UK TV Quest Red (Freeview 38) Sat. 22nd June 2019, 10.00 pm

Are there no tv Specials planned for the 10th Anniversary? I just know, in middle europe (german language) they play on Deluxe Music 2 hours music videos. Thats all. No Honour. Wow, what a hate.

Are there no tv Specials planned for the 10th Anniversary? I just know, in middle europe (german language) they play on Deluxe Music 2 hours music videos. Thats all. No Honour. Wow, what a hate.

It's because of Leaving Neverland, unfortunately. There would have been a lot more, I'm sure.

It's because of Leaving Neverland, unfortunately. There would have been a lot more, I'm sure.
There is a culture difference. In France for example which is not so politically correct 4 new documentarys atleast will be released. I think we should look at this in a longer perspective, yes some tv special might have been canceled tomorrow or this week but it is 2019 and people watch what they want to watch when they want to watch it. Next week MJ is still dead and then Wade and James and maybe even HBO will looses in court and I doubt they can really keep Weinstein out of jail. We continue to spread facts to anyone interested get Taj documentary series out and in the longer perspective what the media really have destroyed is they own reputation.

There is a culture difference. In France for example which is not so politically correct 4 new documentarys atleast will be released. I think we should look at this in a longer perspective, yes some tv special might have been canceled tomorrow or this week but it is 2019 and people watch what they want to watch when they want to watch it. Next week MJ is still dead and then Wade and James and maybe even HBO will looses in court and I doubt they can really keep Weinstein out of jail. We continue to spread facts to anyone interested get Taj documentary series out and in the longer perspective what the media really have destroyed is they own reputation.

sorry, but dont be that naive. That will never happen. People around the world dont care about reputation of the media.

mjchris;4260938 said:
sorry, but dont be that naive. That will never happen. People around the world dont care about reputation of the media.
The media should care about the reputation of the media because Michael Jacksons is hardly the only person they are not treating fair and they are loosing readers and subscribers every year. They continue to sell sensational storys because that used to bring them the most money but now it causes people not to not trust them any more because they can so easy do background check themself. I have heard sports fans and people in different circumstances say something similar, that something open their eyes for the way the media reported it vs the truth and if they can’t be trusted with that story then can you trust them regarding other thing and if they can’t be trusted then what do you need them for. I think the internet will change the medias role like it changed the record industry and if they are not careful the will destroy them self. That will not happen over night but it has started to happen. Anyway we should to anything we can to spread facts.

Last edited:
*The Jury Speaks- Michael Jackson will be shown on SLICE this Friday (February 8th) at 3:00pm (EST) and repeat at 2:00am (EST) in Canada

*Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon will be shown on A&E Monday (February 11th) at 8:00pm (EST) and repeat at 12:00am (EST)

Thank you for the heads up on A&E I think I have that station.

Media will never die. Cant die.

Print media are dying. That leaves online media which are narrower in outlook even than print media were. And the people who 'publish' online don't have to pay lip service to ethics - which the tabloid press and increasingly (as we have seen) even the so-called reputable press - mostly ignored anyway, hence print media demise.

TV / streamed media are going the same way. Narrower in outlook and more 'extreme' in views.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/c...print-could-be-a-disaster-for-local-democracy

Apologies, as off topic, but it deserved a reply.

seems like that also on his birthday nothing on TV.

Nothing in the UK again. Usually music channels would run a "happy birthday MJ" hour with his music videos. But nothing today.

middle europe the same. nothing. absolutelly nothing. Zero. Not a single report.

Germany Pop Giganten

Folge 44​

• 44. Michael Jackson – 40 Jahre Thriller​

Folge 44
    Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens.; Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens. – Bild: IMAGO/MediaPunch IMAGO/MediaPunch

Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens.;
    Michael Jackson war ein Jahrhunderttalent. Mit seinen Alben, ganz besonders mit „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single, schrieb er 1982 Musikgeschichte. Dieser Erfolg war von keinem mehr zu überbieten, selbst Jacksons nachfolgende Werke reichten nicht mehr heran. Die neue Ausgabe der Musik-Doku „Pop Giganten“ zeichnet die einmalige Erfolgsgeschichte von Michael Jackson. (Text: RTL Zwei)
    Deutsche TV-Premiere Montag 14.11.2022RTL Zwei
Michael Jackson was a talent of the century. With his albums, especially with "Thriller" and the single of the same name, he wrote music history in 1982. This success could not be surpassed by anyone, even Jackson's subsequent works did not reach it. The new edition of the music documentary "Pop Giganten" traces the unique success story of Michael Jackson. (Text: RTL Two)
German TV premiere Monday 14.11.2022 RTL two

Thanks @Annita for sharing. Looking at the previous post from 2019, this is such a difference. I am going to remain cautiously optimistic that tide is turning for our dear Michael. Looking forward to watching this if we are able to see it here.

Thanks @Annita for sharing. Looking at the previous post from 2019, this is such a difference. I am going to remain cautiously optimistic that tide is turning for our dear Michael. Looking forward to watching this if we are able to see it here.

Yes I think it`s a positive thing at least and a nice promotion days for the album-release, even RTL 2 is not my usual chanel.
I saw that Alex Gernandt, ex-bravo-chef-reporter posted it and he seems to be involved in it.

BTW Gernandt has also a new book out about Michael. Saw a first reaction from family Schleiter (the german family who was friends with Michael) to the book on Gernandts facebook.
He thanked Gernandt for the book. "the picture that emerges of Michael while reading corresponds exactly to his loving nature and character, just as we were allowed to get to know him.

I am usually somewhat skeptical of these books (though same can be said for the TV shows). Its very difficult to judge what is authentic and what is just a money making scheme :(. Still it is good to see new positive books being published on Michael.

I am usually somewhat skeptical of these books (though same can be said for the TV shows). Its very difficult to judge what is authentic and what is just a money making scheme :(. Still it is good to see new positive books being published on Michael.
I genuinely believe all we need is the tide to continue turning as it has been and there will be a flood of positive books about Michael. I've lost count of the amount of collaborators of Michael's who said they want to release a book about their experiences with him, but publishers won't publish anything positive about him. They seem to genuinely believe positive Michael content isn't marketable (which is insane considering his fan base).

Germany Pop Giganten

Folge 44​

• 44. Michael Jackson – 40 Jahre Thriller​

Folge 44
    Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens.; Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens. – Bild: IMAGO/MediaPunch IMAGO/MediaPunch

Das Jahrhundert-Talent Michael Jackson war mit der Veröffentlichung des Albums „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single auf dem Höhepunkt seines Schaffens.;
    Michael Jackson war ein Jahrhunderttalent. Mit seinen Alben, ganz besonders mit „Thriller“ und der gleichnamigen Single, schrieb er 1982 Musikgeschichte. Dieser Erfolg war von keinem mehr zu überbieten, selbst Jacksons nachfolgende Werke reichten nicht mehr heran. Die neue Ausgabe der Musik-Doku „Pop Giganten“ zeichnet die einmalige Erfolgsgeschichte von Michael Jackson. (Text: RTL Zwei)
    Deutsche TV-Premiere Montag 14.11.2022RTL Zwei
Michael Jackson was a talent of the century. With his albums, especially with "Thriller" and the single of the same name, he wrote music history in 1982. This success could not be surpassed by anyone, even Jackson's subsequent works did not reach it. The new edition of the music documentary "Pop Giganten" traces the unique success story of Michael Jackson. (Text: RTL Two)
German TV premiere Monday 14.11.2022 RTL two

Trailer

Back