A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

If I remember rightly, isn't there footage in the Man In The Mirror (Moonwalker version) that has a cut away from I'll Be There? (I haven't seen it in awhile) I think the I'll Be There bit is a long shot from the audience, it looks like Liverpool (during the everybody sing it part) Would that prove that the shows were filmed completely?

I have no clue so I'm only guessing here, but it doesn't make much sense to me, to film parts of the show and not just film all the show and then take the songs you require footage for? Rather than turn the cameras on for APOM and off again for all the songs up until MITM? It doesn't make much sense to me but I really don't know

warren eagles misremembered, i'm sure.
there is most likely no full length, multi camera show on film. Bits and pieces of random parts? Sure. Countless reels of crowd shots? Absolutely. An abundance of APOM and MITM footage? Of course, as they were shot for a reason.
But to film an entire concert on film, to even get to the same level of Yokohama, would require a lot of prep work and the presumption it would be done for some type of theatrical release. 8 to 10 camera men at least.

You may notice that the Dangerous Tour wasn't even shot on film, and that was made in mind to broadcast on TV at the time.

That red-shirt film shot footage from 87 we have was filmed for the purposes of that mini documentary, and even that was a 2 camera shoot.
He didnt "misremember" anything. He has been clear on this several times. He edited an entire show. At least 1 wembley show and Liverpool should still exist in the archives. Other sources confirm liverpool was filmed. We also have photos of several film cameras from liverpool.

Please share this as much as you can. No matter whether you believe this campaign would actually succeed, this is our best chance. We have to raise our voice as one, and never give up, until we get at least a proper response from the Estate. 5000 is getting close, but we can do better!

He's still actively working, so I don't think his health is degrading just yet... https://youtu.be/f_h48HZk28A

Back on topic.. I believe it was Dave Powell who stated that Aintree was shot on film in full (the guy who gave the estate the Multitrack for the Wembley shows). I don't think Warren would have written up such an in depth article if he was just simply "Misremembering". I'd say there are certainly 4 uncut shows on film: Minneapolis/Aintree/Wembley & more than likely Paris. Warren has said multiple times that they filmed at 3 of the Wembley shows and a full concert film and behind the scenes tour film had already been edited and colour graded. Also Frank DiLeo visited the Visions company a couple of times but Michael never did.

He's still actively working, so I don't think his health is degrading just yet... https://youtu.be/f_h48HZk28A

Back on topic.. I believe it was Dave Powell who stated that Aintree was shot on film in full (the guy who gave the estate the Multitrack for the Wembley shows). I don't think Warren would have written up such an in depth article if he was just simply "Misremembering". I'd say there are certainly 4 uncut shows on film: Minneapolis/Aintree/Wembley & more than likely Paris. Warren has said multiple times that they filmed at 3 of the Wembley shows and a full concert film and behind the scenes tour film had already been edited and colour graded. Also Frank DiLeo visited the Visions company a couple of times but Michael never did.

Where did David Powell get the info that Aintree was shot on film? I don't remember exactly what he said.

The film director Pecci I believe also said this. "Im rather certain a full uk show was filmed."

Maybe former business associates of Frank Dileo know more about his? Or his estate if he has one.

Pretty impressive the number of people that have signed. We still need a BIG name with lots of followers to get behind this though.

Shame the people who have watched the wembley official youtube release video haven't signed, that`s gone up around 100k views in a few days....:eek:

Shame the people who have watched the wembley official youtube release video haven't signed, that`s gone up around 100k views in a few days....:eek:

I posted the petition in the comments of wembley and bucharest last week. Hopefully people sign.

I posted the petition in the comments of wembley and bucharest last week. Hopefully people sign.

Did anyone react to it?
Comments with links usually go straight into spam-suspicion mode and are only visible to the one that wrote it. The video uploader has to manually make them visible for everyone. Probably more effective to just mention it and give people the keywords to google it.

Last edited:
Over 5000. Thank you to all who have supported and share this campaign. Please spread this as much as you can!

Zakk;4300242 said:
Warren has once again addressed the BAD Tour concert film shot on 16 & 35mm negatives on his twitter page.

https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/1291596975901614083?s=19

"My first grading experience was working on Michael Jackson's BAD tour. The concert film was shot on 35 and 16mm film but never released. https://t.co/0ZxbHSGqSI"

I keep thinking of all the songs we haven’t seen. Imagine Billie Jean in 4K

We have to get it !!! It would be awesome to see a complete show in that quality!

Warren has once again addressed the BAD Tour concert film shot on 16 & 35mm negatives on his twitter page.

https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/1291596975901614083?s=19

"My first grading experience was working on Michael Jackson's BAD tour. The concert film was shot on 35 and 16mm film but never released. https://t.co/0ZxbHSGqSI"
I sent him a link to the petition when we started so I think he should know what were doing ;)

dam2040;4300246 said:
I keep thinking of all the songs we haven’t seen. Imagine Billie Jean in 4K

I know right, would be magical. The entire show would be.

Or a full on not edited together from various shows another part of me....wow....

Shields posted on Twitter that he saw Munich in 3D in 2014. If the Estate can go to all that effort surely they could do this.. not sure.. just throwing ideas out there

Shields posted on Twitter that he saw Munich in 3D in 2014. If the Estate can go to all that effort surely they could do this.. not sure.. just throwing ideas out there
If they can waste, I mean spend all that $$ to convert munich to 3D they sure as hell can release the complete and already edited HD Bad tour concert.

So they made the Munich 1997 concert 3D but haven't released it? I would be ok if they released it at some point but they should release a better concert first.

So Munich WAS planned to be released at some point. I’ll take an educated guess and say that the project was shelved due to fans not wanting to watch a HIStory Tour concert officially by the Estate, especially Munich. I don’t know about you guys, but I would not mind watching HIStory Tour in 3D. Just not Munich though. But yeah, if they can do that, they can sure as hell do what we’re asking for

Rocketeer;4300415 said:
So Munich WAS planned to be released at some point. I’ll take an educated guess and say that the project was shelved due to fans not wanting to watch a HIStory Tour concert officially by the Estate, especially Munich. I don’t know about you guys, but I would not mind watching HIStory Tour in 3D. Just not Munich though. But yeah, if they can do that, they can sure as hell do what we’re asking for
It was planned for release in 1997 but Mj himself shelved it because he wasnt satisfied.

Guys, if this rediculous petition can get 50k signatures, so can ours.

Last edited:
Back