Did Sony leak This Is It on purpose?

I don't know how you can tell if it's a DVD9 or not. The film (no extras) has leaked and it is converted to DIVX and is only around 1.5Gb big. The whole TII film would fit onto a DVD4 comfortably because it's so short. Apparently there is also version with a menu and is over 4GB big, but the video is the same quality as the 1.5GB version, the menu is homemade and is not offficial.

Guys? Are the bonuses leaked too? Hour ago i watched a new video from This Is It in youtube... Not in the movie... It was like part of a bonus or something... It dissapeared i can't find it now... I should have download it :( It was amazing... but short. :(

It is so awesome! I'm watching it al the time :D

I personally wouldn't like to watch a DVD rip of TII. And I won't... it's has a very deep meaning to me and is definately something very, very special. I remember seeing it for the first time, when WBSS came in... it was just four months after Michael passed... and I had this strange feeling inside.
A part of me died on June 25th... and things will never be the same.

The movie is the last of him we'll ever have. Cherish it.

just my two cents.

Guys? Are the bonuses leaked too? Hour ago i watched a new video from This Is It in youtube... Not in the movie... It was like part of a bonus or something... It dissapeared i can't find it now... I should have download it :( It was amazing... but short. :(

No, it's just the movie as seen in the big screen. Bonus weren't leaked.

You guys should be reporting these This Is It leaks you find to Sony, not participate in downloading them. You're basically stealing from MJ's estate.

I personally rather not view a pirated low res, poor bitstream showing of This Is It since the movie was shot in high def and meant to be viewed in high def. Blu-Ray all the way.

Tragic Kingdom I do kind of agree with you but Sony will already know about this leak I'm sure and probably everybody here downloading the film will buy it anyway so aren't really stealing anything IMO because Sony will get their money.

No, it's just the movie as seen in the big screen. Bonus weren't leaked.

But what I saw wasn't in the movie... it was different.Michael was with different clothes and everything... he was talking something to his people...
It was new and unseen i'm sure...
I hope this person uploads it again.I'm waiting in the youtube new videos button :p

Maybe it was the part that came after the credits, where he said something about unbuttonning his shirt?

You guys should be reporting these This Is It leaks you find to Sony, not participate in downloading them. You're basically stealing from MJ's estate.

I personally rather not view a pirated low res, poor bitstream showing of This Is It since the movie was shot in high def and meant to be viewed in high def. Blu-Ray all the way.
Sony probably already know. There is quite a few cases where things leak but it helps with promotion and thus helps gain money instead of losing it.

The Blu-Ray version (1080p with 6-channel sound) has leaked and the quality of the Dome Project segments is pretty stunning, as is the HD footage of the rehearsals. The big-screen in the theater is nice, but there's something awesome about the quality and crispness of digital HD. It's a perfect picture.

Sony probably already know. There is quite a few cases where things leak but it helps with promotion and thus helps gain money instead of losing it.

then why does the industry always talk about dipping sales?

So the blue ray rip has the extra bonus material or is it just the threatical film?

No, This is not leaked by Sony. Every DVD/Blu Ray movie is available to download within a month of it being released officially.

Thats just the way it goes.... No difference in this case compared to another release...

EG. Paranormal Activity was released around same time as TII in the cinemas. Even that is available to download as dvd or in HD.

I was searching for more info on TII DVD's and I found a download for a bit more than 3 GB. I downloaded it and watched it last night between 3:00 - 5:00 because I could not sleep. While watching I recognized the video is different from the official cinema-version I saw 4 times.... I thought I saw some different montage during They Don't care About Us and later in the movie I really knew it. This should be a first preview version I think. The audio is almost the same, but video is very different in some tracks . . . Off course I will buy the original one but I was wondering how it is possible TII was already on internet.....

But do you really think they lose a lot money though?!

Maybe it's me that it's being naive - but I truly believe that those who intend to buy the DVD will do it no matter when it gets leaked.

And I mean, the people that never were gonna pay for it won't buy it no matter when it gets leaked.

with the exception of this board you know how many people I know who already have the dvd plan on paying for it? Zeroe

You know how many I know that already have it? A LOT! Well maybe like 10 or so. I'm not watching any of the leaked ones because I can only watch something so many times before it loses it's magic, so I want to save it for when I get it with good sound quality.

Yes, I do believe Sony was behind the leaks for the song and the movie. However, I'm not sure which Sony branch did the leaking? Was it Japan or the US?

Wait a second! is the extra leaked? :O can somebody send me the link in a PM if you have it, THANK YOU SO MUCH THEN!

Back