Other people performing J5/Jacksons songs.

Shirley Scott - I Want You Back (1970)

Last edited:
Gooch ~ Come Back To Me (1997)

Ricky Bell (New Edition, Bell Biv DeVoe) sings the hook on this rap song, which comes from Time Waits For No One.

Erykah Badu & The Roots, Zulema, Leon Ware, Marvin Gaye - I Wanna Be Where You Are

Last edited:
Patti Austin - Give It Up

This song was originally released by Jermaine

Get Ready

This is a song from the new Black Eyed Peas album. They didn't remake the song, but did sample That's What You Get.

Cantopop/rock veteran George Lam sings Jermaine's Lonely Won't Leave Me Alone in Cantonese:

This is an excellent thread! I'm gonna sit back and explore it some more. ;)

Everybody has heard Smooth Crominal, but they also did this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Everybody has heard Smooth Crominal, but they also did this:

Girlfriend isn't Michael's song, it's Paul's. And Ain't No Sunshine isn't Michael's either...

On a mod note, you need to add the www to the beginning of the YouTube links or they won't embed.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - I'll be there, punk cover

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Ben, punk cover
(I guess I would prefer this one... if there was cleaner quality available.)

Was initially looking for unexpected J5 covers, those I posted in previous message are from a band that I know and like, was looking for more.
But after excluding some covers that I didn't actually like, I stumbled up on this which I think sounds great (I have no idea who is that band) :

Girlfriend isn't Michael's song, it's Paul's.

On the other hand, I read that Paul wrote the song thinking that Michael could sing it. Years after when Quincy worked with Michael, he brought that song back.
(No idea if Quincy had talked with Paul or if it was random.) (Read that in Richard Lecocq's book.)

Back