New MJ content (Possibility)

AlwaysThere;4315603 said:
Perhaps so, but issuing Michael’s short films in 4K is more important and more sensible. After nearly 11 years, it’s long overdue.

I get your point on that, but you can't really turn a compilation of short films into an event like you can with a concert from Michael's prime. They uploaded Ghosts in 1080p on YouTube for Halloween but it had less visual detail than the WOWOW version IMO.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/69PKREugaFQ?vq=hd1080" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

At the end of the day, no matter the project its hard to get one's hopes up.

Last edited:
Re: New MJ content?

Theres a new dvd coming out in england called ''michael jackson television specials'' it feature motown 25 oprah winfrey interview and amercian bandstand etc its on amazon

Theres a new dvd coming out in england called ''michael jackson television specials'' it feature motown 25 oprah winfrey interview and amercian bandstand etc its on amazon

Thank you for posting, but I assume most if not everyone here has no interest at all in unofficial releases.

They're probably aiming for a release in May like they did with XSCAPE.

Eddlicious;4315637 said:
They're probably aiming for a release in May like they did with XSCAPE.

"Sony Music Says No More &#8216;Full-Fledged&#8217; Michael Jackson Albums &#8212; At Least for Now.

We&#8217;re constantly scouring the catalog for ideas, but there are no plans at the moment to put any more full-fledged albums out,&#8221; Stringer relayed. &#8220;We are looking at one-off songs, and in this streaming world that works because it&#8217;s a track-based world.

&#8220;There are a few gems out there that we may unearth individually over the next months and years, but we&#8217;re also very, very careful to make sure the fan base doesn&#8217;t feel like they&#8217;ve been asked yet again to buy material they have."

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/08/31/sony-music-michael-jackson-albums/

Yeah, I think if/when they do something it's going to be a single every now and again. Means less material used and also follows many other artists. Also MJ's plans in 09 were to release singles only, shows how forward thinking he was when it comes to the way things were going.

An album/EP can always be released at a later point, let's say after 5-6 single releases.

An album/EP can always be released at a later point, let's say after 5-6 single releases.

Well if they're really looking to spread material out then it would probably take a few years for that to happen.

Well if they're really looking to spread material out then it would probably take a few years for that to happen.

I think an unheard track on Michael's birthday each year would be greatly received.

I doubt the estate will be releasing albums. Releasing singles overtime is probably most likely now.

I doubt the estate will be releasing albums. Releasing singles overtime is probably most likely now.

When Xscape was being worked on, they claimed their were 24 tracks complete enough. Meaning that would leave 16 songs if this information was correct.

To be more specific, they claimed they picked 24 songs that Michael had sung top to bottom multiple times. That leaves out songs he might have only have given one vocal to, songs that are missing a bridge or verse, etc.

To be more specific, they claimed they picked 24 songs that Michael had sung top to bottom multiple times. That leaves out songs he might have only have given one vocal to, songs that are missing a bridge or verse, etc.

So they utilised 7 of the 24 tracks regarding this then, as LNFSG is not nearly in the same league as the other songs on the record. It is interesting how Loving You was kept for an official posthumous release yet a masterpiece like 'Price Of Fame' was included only on BAD 25.

I wouldn't complain if they released the B25 tracks in the future tbh.

Loving You is a straight forward R&B song with simple lyrics. I see the appeal of that song.
So they utilised 7 of the 24 tracks regarding this then, as LNFSG is not nearly in the same league as the other songs on the record. It is interesting how Loving You was kept for an official posthumous release yet a masterpiece like 'Price Of Fame' was included only on BAD 25.

Agreed & Someone Put Your Hand Out. The Ultimate Collection hasn't been available on streaming services for years. Maybe they are planning to release this songs at some stage.
I'd rather they expose tracks like We've Had Enough and On The Line to a broader audience.

The Estate would remix the shit out of those tracks. Unfortunately.:angry:

We've Had Enough doesn't need any remixing at all, it's literally a perfect song in every aspect. Neither would On The Line.

MJ's song's are by definition unfinished remember, so all the music needs changed and most stuff MJ actually worked on needs discarded. :)

MJ's song's are by definition unfinished remember, so all the music needs changed and most stuff MJ actually worked on needs discarded. :)

Sarcasm, love it. But seriously if an album was in the works I wouldn't mind them including WHE and OTL among 6 never before heard tracks.

I really don’t want the Estate to continue the practice of rereleasing tracks we’ve already heard. There are plenty of gems that deserve more recognition than they get, but there are also plenty of songs that we’ve never heard, and those (in my opinion) are more deserving. I don’t want another Xscape, where six of the eight songs were old leaks.

AlwaysThere;4315659 said:
I really don&#8217;t want the Estate to continue the practice of rereleasing tracks we&#8217;ve already heard. There are plenty of gems that deserve more recognition than they get, but there are also plenty of songs that we&#8217;ve never heard, and those (in my opinion) are more deserving. I don&#8217;t want another Xscape, where six of the eight songs were old leaks.

We may have heard those songs but the majority of the public and even some casual fans haven't had the chance. Lately their have been numerous reactions to WHE on YouTube.. And the comments are in favour of what a beautiful song it is. I know their are more than 17 songs that can be posthumously completed but I can't see it being a bad thing if they were to be evened out with tracks that have a lack of well deserved exposure.

I really hope WHE and PoF will one day be released on a new MJ album. - WHE doesn't really need any editing - PoF might need a new production.

More and more rumors about a new release... - seems like something is in the works. - I really hope so any way.

I really hope WHE and PoF will one day be released on a new MJ album. - WHE doesn't really need any editing - PoF might need a new production.

More and more rumors about a new release... - seems like something is in the works. - I really hope so any way.

Rumours are just that until proven otherwise, we all have certain things we want to experience.. Let's see I guess.

I know it's just rumours - but more and more rumours start to come - and many times that is because something is in the works.

I will never get my hopes up before I hear anything official - but I hope something is coming soon. - If a release was to come in may, I think we would hear about it from the estate at least a month before, maybe even earlier.

I wonder who is behind the Greatestartists account and/or if they have the same source as MJBeats?

Back