Michael 3rd Most Legendary

Tony R

Proud Member
Full article here.

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/339039.html

Michael bit here.. I think this is really good bearing in mind, it's American. I mean I was under the impression his popularity was over except for hardcore fans.

Legendary Voices: Elvis Presley may have died 30 years ago, but his music certainly lives on. In fact, nearly half (43 percent) of Americans consider "The King" to be the most legendary recording artist of all time. Coming in behind him are Frank Sinatra (14 percent) and Michael Jackson (12 percent).

what BS. michael is the #1 most legendary one

Of course he is in our book. He's way better than Elvis & Sinatra due to his immense songwriting & dancing alone. But remember that the other 2 are dead so inevitably do better in these polls and considering the 15 years of negative press for Mike, I think 3rd is a pretty good result.

Michael is #1 in the world.. NO CONTEST.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that American Media tries to re-write history....

Michael is #1 in the world.. NO CONTEST.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that American Media tries to re-write history....

That's a bit paranoid don't you think. They canvasses people's opinions, how's that re-writing HIStory.

He came out higher than Lennon, McCartney, Elton John, James Brown, Bob Marley etc.

tbh I never really understood what was so amazing about Elvis. His voice kinda annoys me :lol:

I got nothing againts Elvis but to me he is overrated. He never wrote a song in his whole carea

I couldn't care any less about Elvis or any other damn artist...Michael is top in history. End of.

tbh I never really understood what was so amazing about Elvis. His voice kinda annoys me :lol:

but it was also the birth of rock n roll ^_^ for the 50s, elvis was the king. he was just like the mj of that decade, selling millions of albums when back then artists were selling 6 figures of records. elvis is actually the first artist to have a million+ selling record...forget if it was hound dog, or one of the others...

but on another side of it :D mj owns a portion of the elvis catalog...:cool:

Before opening this tread I thought if they put Elvis before Michael I'm gonna scream. And Sinatra too,:perrin OMG!
But I guess that's just how the white american audience feels.

If the trial and all that ish hadn't happened, Michael would have had more votes for sure. However, I'm not certain he would have been no 1 either way. As much as we love him, we shouldn't be narrow minded. Elvis might not be our cup of tea, but his voice was undoubtedly the voice of a generation, just like Michael's. He was the first rock star and still has a huge fan base. Frank Sinatra was a mega star already in the forties and never stopped recording and performing. He was a truly talented singer (and actor) not to mention a legend. He definitely deserves to be in the top 3. Considering how much crap Michael has gone through, we should be pleased he's there too and not worry about the rest.

Well I think Elvis and Frank Sinatra were both great singers with distinctive voices so I'm not trippin' over this list to be honest. I'm just glad Michael made it in the top 3 because he is usually overlooked when it comes to lists like this that have to do with artists with great voices. When it comes to overall entertainment though I have to give it to Michael, I think he deserves to be #1 in that sense but if this just has to do with who has the best/legendary voice, then I can live with this list lol.

Last edited:
Michael has a better voice then Elvis and Frank. Frank is one of the greatest singers ever, so I don't mind if either or is in the top spot, but Michael is technically superior. Elvis was a good singer, but hardly the best and not even in the top 20 or 30, in my view.

Well I think Elvis and Frank Sinatra were both great singers with distinctive voices so I'm not trippin' over this list to be honest. I'm just glad Michael made it in the top 3 because he is usually overlooked when it comes to lists like this that have to do with artists with great voices. When it comes to overall entertainment though I have to give it to Michael, I think he deserves to be #1 in that sense but if this just has to do with who has the best/legendary voice, then I can live with this list lol.

Yeah, that's how I feel about.

michael should be number one. He's the most known person in the world! More ppl would know an MJ song before they would know an elvis or sinatra song :yes:

when I say this source says MJ's is 3rd, and relating it to re-writing history.. I am not talking about the ACTUALL person that said this. They probably truley believe that..

But physcologically they are made to believe this because of the American media making it out this way. You go to a memoralbelia store what are the things you ALWAYS find.. In this order: Elvis, Beetles, marilyn monroe, and Betty Boop.. You'll still find posters, books, action figures, stands, cardboard cut outs. You NEVER see Michael Jackson. You have to HUNT his stuff down.. They only place you can find an MJ cut out is Ebay or buying it off another fan.

Some book stores, EVEN publishing companies refuse to distribute 'PRO-JACKSON' material..

This, plus so much more contributes to AMERICA trying to RE-WRITE history.. Yes it's true, nothing parinoide about it. They do this in many ways.. BLACK HISTORY in itself as MOST know it is a lie.

when I say this source says MJ's is 3rd, and relating it to re-writing history.. I am not talking about the ACTUALL person that said this. They probably truley believe that..

But physcologically they are made to believe this because of the American media making it out this way. You go to a memoralbelia store what are the things you ALWAYS find.. In this order: Elvis, Beetles, marilyn monroe, and Betty Boop.. You'll still find posters, books, action figures, stands, cardboard cut outs. You NEVER see Michael Jackson. You have to HUNT his stuff down.. They only place you can find an MJ cut out is Ebay or buying it off another fan.

Some book stores, EVEN publishing companies refuse to distribute 'PRO-JACKSON' material..

This, plus so much more contributes to AMERICA trying to RE-WRITE history.. Yes it's true, nothing parinoide about it. They do this in many ways.. BLACK HISTORY in itself as MOST know it is a lie.
You tell the truth KOPV. This is why I firmly believe MJ is first. Just think of all the adversity MJ has to come up against. Look at what the man is fighting against. The other 2 has none of that. It is absolutely remarkable that he even comes anywhere near the radar. Wasn't he voted the 2 most sought after celeb too, after someone who is flavour of the moment. MJ is embedded in the hearts and mind of the american people, more so that Elvis, who only lasted for a little while and frank, me ole blue eyes. MJ IS first. But he is still alive and has more work to do and this will seal his position as front runner, cause an entire generation will have experienced his bliss.

Last edited:
I think some of you might need to read the original post again, because this is NOT about who has the best voice, and it's not a reflection of the writer's own opinion (re rewriting history). It' s survey among Americans who they consider to be the most legendary.

If Americans think Elvis is the most legendary, then he is. It's what the word means. Quality doesn't neccessarily even enter into it.

Frank Sinatra's carrer lasted for six decades. He was the MJ of the forties and he was still filling stadiums at the age of 80. Let's compare MJ to him in 30 years time.

Actually you only need 20 years, considering Michael's been in the business for 44 and has been pro for 40 and he's a hell of a lot younger then Sinatra was.

Last edited:
Actually, since Michael's over 30 years younger then Frank, if they'd started at the same time, Michael would have 10 years on Frank, lol.

Last edited:
I think some of you might need to read the original post again, because this is NOT about who has the best voice, and it's not a reflection of the writer's own opinion (re rewriting history). It' s survey among Americans who they consider to be the most legendary.

If Americans think Elvis is the most legendary, then he is. It's what the word means. Quality doesn't neccessarily even enter into it.

Frank Sinatra's carrer lasted for six decades. He was the MJ of the forties and he was still filling stadiums at the age of 80. Let's compare MJ to him in 30 years time.
I love both Frank and Elvis. I have both albums at home. I love watching Frank in films,. I am not down grading them by any means, but I am doing a comparison by saying that had MJ never had the last 15 years with the media to endure, and had these men not been dead. Had the media not been calling MJ a freak and implying that he had a penchants for young boys and that he is gay, which turns so many Americans off of him. Had he not have endured a recent trial, in otherwords, had the playing field been level, not to mention the colour issue with America, and had MJ been dead, like the others, all things being equal, I believe MJ would have been streets ahead of the others. I love the other 2, but none of them brought the joy and excitement that MJ brought to America, and the people remember that, that is why they voted for him, inspite of the negativity.They didn't have the slogan 'MJ and coco cola' as most famous americans for nothing.

Last edited:
Cept Michael, lol.

Sinatra is signiture, but he isn't as famous and he hasn't been as successful, statistically speaking.

I mean, if Michael were the same age, he'd have 10 years on Frank. I messed up the math in my last post, lol.

Sounds like a fix. Michael Jackson is more legendary than Elvis or Frank Sinatra, and will always be more more relevant than both of them because Michael is not just an amazing vocalist, but also a genius of songwriter,composer, arranger, producer and not forgetting the greatest dancer of all time. Those are talents beyond Elvis and Frank Sinatra, even though there are both amazing talents.

If frank sinatra is mj of the 40s then justin timberlake is mj in the 2000s. :)
the media can influence the public's perception of an artist. IF the media hadn't tried to bring him down, then the list will be different, i believe.
the media keep on reporting how legendary marilyn monroe, ep, the beatles are, esp ep, very celebrated, if there's history today, and if it was his birthdate he'll be mentioned and his poster is hanging on HMV's wall. MJ on the other hand is always being ridiculed whenever there's any article about him, etiher calling him ***** or mention his molestation case as if it's that important to mention it in every single article. and when it comes to the music history, they write it in a way as if he has never achieved anything great. and KOPV mentioned any pro MJ book is not even allowed on the book shelf. isn't it obvious how unfair is he being treated???

@post #26, that's exactly what i'm trying to say.

Last edited:
Back