IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: It's Time To Start Sharing The Burden...

Re: Time To Start Sharing The Burden...

Anyways, for now I have set up a Patreon for MJJC https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity Oh and I'm more than happy to continue supporting the site technically as my time costs nothing and of course paying my own monthly small amount like anyone else that does.

Thnx Gaz for everything you did in the past and everything you are still willing to do to keep this place alive. A 150 USD a month shouldn't be a problem to collect with monthly subscriptions considering the amount of people that enjoy this place now should it?

Just subscribed. Good luck!

Thnx Gaz for everything you did in the past and everything you are still willing to do to keep this place alive. A 150 USD a month shouldn't be a problem to collect with monthly subscriptions considering the amount of people that enjoy this place now should it?

Just subscribed. Good luck!

Huge thanks brothaaa...(y)

And to anyone that has helped through this and to set up things for the future, I never want to take this place away, to me its like a limb, forever a part of me...

The Patreon is up. We only need 30 people to donate $5 a month to help Gaz pay for the current hosting solution. Easy! :)

https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity
It might be good to add $1 and $2 tiers as well. I can imagine there are people that think $5/month is too much, but are happy to do $1/2 a month.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I feel really awful because I honestly cannot afford to donate right now... But I'll do whatever I can to help us get through these hard times, as others have suggested. I hope you understand.

(Edit: When I get some spare cash, I'll subscribe to one of the higher Patreon levels.)

Mikky Dee;4277776 said:
Thank you for your wonderful idea and your positivity, as always. You are like a breath of fresh air to MJJC and I for one, appreciate you!

Oh, thank you! :blush: :love: :)

I love this place, and I always have a handful of browser tabs open with old threads I intend to read, whenever I find the time. There’s so much information available here. It’s history being written. We can’t let this end, especially not over a handful of dollars, when we can easily share the burden. :)

Guys - I'm affriad this is the final, I really want to keep this place hosted on it's server, but I am no longer willing to pay for it in full, I get nothing from this place, I don't even visit or post very often anymore...:cry:

I am more than willing to keep the hosting going and as and when needed to sort any technical issues (when I have the time) But I'm really sorry to say that I am not willing to pay for it anymore, at least all on my own.

So 2020 is a new direction, you guys the active users need to come together yoursleves and between you decide, perhaps have conversations, pm each other or others to help, its either that I will be removing this site and forum's server.

These are the times we are in and this is the future...

I'm so so sorry to bring this to you all, but I feel I have been putting it of for a few years now in hope something will come along and your MJ santuary away from all the haters and liars will continue, but its not to be and clearly we as a community need to take the burden or its over.

Anyways guys, all you got to do is perhaps organise some sort of collective group that manages things between you all to ensure this is actioned, by making steps to get those who use this place, love this place, call this place thier MJ home, help keep it.

Anyways guys, much love to you all, I really do hope for a collective community outcome to this situation.

Best,
Gaz

Haven't you attended special MJ events because of your ownership of this site? The fact that you are saying you get nothing from this website doesn't match up with that.

If you are saying that you don't even visit this website anymore, it sounds like you don't care anymore. My suggestion is if your heart isn't in it, then stop hosting the website.

I think it's really not cool to act like you aren't interested in running this website anymore, but then turn around and ask people for money to keep it running.

Haven't you attended special MJ events because of your ownership of this site? The fact that you are saying you get nothing from this website doesn't match up with that.

That was almost ten years ago, nothing like that has happened in almost 7 years, you still living of things from seven years ago? Don't think so...plus I'm refering to now and the last couple of years.

If you are saying that you don't even visit this website anymore, it sounds like you don't care anymore. My suggestion is if your heart isn't in it, then stop hosting the website.

Bollocks...It mean's my life has just taken a different turn as of late, it does NOT mean I don't care, if I didn't care I would like others have just delete and dissapear, what I care for is the fans and those who do enjoy this place.

I think it's really not cool to act like you aren't interested in running this website anymore, but then turn around and ask people for money to keep it running.

Nonsense...this place is about the fans and what they want, NOT whether I'm interested in it or not...

When will it officially be out of order.. ?? So I can stop checking back every day...

When will it officially be out of order.. ?? So I can stop checking back every day...
It won't just suddenly disappear. If Gaz has to close the site at some point he'd let everyone know first.

Gaz has been forking out a fortune every month to keep MJJC going, for years. And almost all of you have been taking full advantage of it without giving any monetary contribution. And now after an age of paying for it by himself, Gaz decides he doesn't want to do that anymore and you complain. He has given you a home and a sanctuary for **** knows how long. How about some gratitude and support?

Just set up my monthly donation! It was really easy, so if you have the means, go do it! I know I don't post super often, but I still really appreciate this place and want to see it keep going.

Just set up my monthly donation! It was really easy, so if you have the means, go do it! I know I don't post super often, but I still really appreciate this place and want to see it keep going.

Thank you, sweetie! We know what it's like to see a beautiful forum disappear, don't we?

I'm fairly sure there are NO other forums still running that were open when Michael was alive, so that alone is enough to keep our community ticking along, by whatever means necessary. I have become a patron as well....it's just a "set and forget" situation....so jump on board people, if you are able to.

My advice for Gaz is that don't wait until the last minute when stuff like this happens. i know you did post about donations when i joined a few months ago. but to wait while it was on it's last leg was not a great idea. we all not perfect but don't let things get bad that your panicking etc.

no harm just an advice. thanks for keeping this site up for almost 20 years.

are we good now?

I kind of agree with eric with somethings. though if Gaz been paying for this site for years with his own money we should also pay as well. as long he still paying for it himself then it's nothing wrong with members helping out.

at the end of the day we are the members who use this site more then anything. if you don't want to pay just leave the site. i honestly don't see nothing wrong asking for help to keep the site going. gaz probably could just shut down the site without any notice but i'm glad he speak up just on it's last leg though....

$146 dollars a month is not a lot but everyone is different so $5 dollars heck even $1 dollar isn't so bad or much if that's all you can give. websites not cheap depends on who running it.

who knows. the more people help out the more update and better this site can be.

someone mention Michael visit here a few times back in the day when he was alive. lol. if that's true then that's some great funny history (no pun) for this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

My advice for Gaz is that don't wait until the last minute when stuff like this happens. i know you did post about donations when i joined a few months ago. but to wait while it was on it's last leg was not a great idea. we all not perfect but don't let things get bad that your panicking etc.

no harm just an advice. thanks for keeping this site up for almost 20 years.

He didn't "wait until the last minute" and it's not "on its last leg". That's not how this works. Sporadic member donations throughout the years isn't going to cut it anymore. Gaz doesn't want to pay for it all himself and he shouldn't have to. It's that simple.

And stop filling this thread with pointless consecutive posts please.

I wasn't talking to you....

When it's an open discussion thread, everyone is speaking to everyone else. That's how it works. Anyone can pick up on members' comments and respond to them. We're all contributing our thoughts and opinions and we don't really control who replies and who doesn't.

Now, that being said, there's not really much more to discuss in this thread, going forward, IMO. The owner has made his position clear and now we have a great idea in place, with the patron page. People are signing up to help out and therefore our end goal of keeping the forum running for the members should be achieved, as we progress further into 2020. There's no need for people to keep musing about the situation in here and/or saying the same kinds of things over and over.

Let's all forge ahead, shall we. :)

Same with me! I cannot donate much, but we have a saying in German that goes something like "Small farm animals produce dung, too."
??????
?

Last edited:

"We know what it's like to see a beautiful forum disappear, don't we?"

Oh yes ... ?

That's the main reason I haven't participated in MJJC for a while. I was not ready to get involved much and then see everything just vanish AGAIN. The people, and all that we shared. Still makes me sad ...

I am willing to make a donation but my credit card was hacked recently and I am feeling a bit reticent about using it.

TheChosenOne;4278213 said:
I am willing to make a donation but my credit card was hacked recently and I am feeling a bit reticent about using it.

You can also donate via Paypal. You don’t need a credit card for that, just a bank account. It’s safe. :)

Thanks SO. I don't know how I did see that before. **hangs head in shame**.

I feel safer using my credit card with Paypal (maybe foolishly). I can't use bank accounts for Paypal in my country.

How are we keep tracking of how much we still need for the month?

Back