UD Group win case against the Estate........

myosotis

Proud Member
Not sure who UD group are, but they seem to have won a case against the estate: I know its not the Rouas company, but I thought it might have a bearing on it?

They have the MJ logo on the page referenced at the bottom of this post...I guess this means they are free to use this without paying any dues to the estate?
the logo is on the right in the gold 'splash'.

The news is dated today. Joe lost no time in putting it on his website. They seem to be selling the flat panel speaker system, the champagne and the gold fingerprint /logo.

http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=381

An initial injunction and court case filed by the Trustees of Michael Jackson Estate (John Branca ) to block UD Group International from producing and selling Merchandise with the MJ logo and further contesting the ownership of the MJ Logo copyright has been thrown out of court by a German Judge under the grounds that the Estates Arguments were baseless and the UD Group had ample proof of ownership.Mr. Don Stardy in an E-mail to clients confirmed today that with this blockage lifted his establishment UD Group International is moving full throttle ahead producing various incredible merchandises with the MJ LOGO. They will be coming to stores all around the world very soon.For more on the story visit their official page by clicking here. .

http://www.umadubhe.com/index.php?p=...rtseite&area=1

The original announcement in Spring said they were planning: Champagne, Ice Cream, Jellys, Lollys, Cosmetique, Jewelry and Fashion (Children and Adult Clothing)
http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=69

UD pages seem to have logo overload....

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/udpagedated26july2011.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
No surprise.ownership of the logo was lost years back with the help of weisner

No-No, myosotis, this has nothing to do with the Rouas-Parfum.
UD-Group is another thing.

The complaint was about the use of the HIStory logo by UD-Group.
Michael / Triumph Internationally had it given in 2000 in the merchandising-company "MJ Net Entertainment AG", founded in Frankfurt/Germany.
The head of the company was Dieter Wiesner. Wiesner was not put down itself in the commercial register; chairman of the board was Jürgen R. Bachus. (BTW: Bachus has a demand on the Estate 5 millions run from this time.)

Wiesner asked in 2001 the company TEPAX to produce several millions loudspeaker.
These should be sold via Internet to the fans. On the loudspeakers there was a picture of Michael; the picture could be removed.
Then Wiesner and Bachus did not pay the calculationsin to TEPAX.

In 2003 TEPAX impounded the HIStory logo. With it MJ Net Entertainment AG was not able of work any more: they could award no more sublicences.
December, 2003 Michael von Wiesner freed himself.
In 2004 net MJ was explained insolvent and dissolved. A well-arranged insolvency procedure was not carried out.

TEPAX waited till 2006 and applied for the auction. For 15,100 euros TEPAX got the MJ-HIStory logo!
Then nobody heard nothing more from the logo. TEPAX had now the millions loudspeakers and the nice logo.

In 2010 everybody was there again:
Bachus wanted (for what ???) 5 millions from the Estate.
There was suddenly a company "UD-Group" which disposed of the HIStory logo and printed on cheap junk. And Wiesner right in the middle.
And also in 2010 Joe Jackson took part in UD Group. Whether Wiesner has persuaded him and has taken for a ride or whether Joe was already present by the planning of UD Group, is not known. (I suppose: first)

And suddenly the loudspeakers also were there again. On the Internet site of UD-Group / umadubé they became first a few weeks for 999,999.99 (!!!) offered; then they should cost 4.999 euros. (In 2001 cost the most expensive about 500 US dollars.)

The story is much more extensive than I can write it here. And the story ist very dirty. It goes from 2000 till this day.
The loudspeakers, the unpaid calculations, the distraint, UD Group..... everything were and is a gigantic dizziness, a farce.

In 2004 the stockholders had lost her insert.
One complains at the moment against Wiesner because of deception, but I suppose that nobody can prove something to the Wiesner. And Wiesner goes on....

I have tried it here in this forum since January two or three spots, but nobody had it interest in it.
This is a great pity. Since it gives a good insight how Wiesner Michael Schaden has added.
Wiesner had the idea to take over the Merchandising from Michael. As a result Michael broke the contract with Sony Signatures and THIS the reason was for Michael's quarrel with Sony.

Wiesner, Bachus, Rath (boss of TEPAX) know itself everybody very well; Bachus and Wiesner are from the same village in the Taunus; Rath lives not far remotely. Everybody is about equally old.

I know, it is forbidden here to cite the columns of Friedman.
I ask for permission for an exception.
Then this column gives a very good overview about the story of the log and about the person Wiesner.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104516,00.html

And today Michael's father with Wiesner makes deals with Michael's logo.

Mneme;3444268 said:
No-No, myosotis, this has nothing to do with the Rouas-Parfum.
UD-Group is another thing.

The complaint was about the use of the HIStory logo by UD-Group.
Michael / Triumph Internationally had it given in 2000 in the merchandising-company "MJ Net Entertainment AG", founded in Frankfurt/Germany.
The head of the company was Dieter Wiesner. Wiesner was not put down itself in the commercial register; chairman of the board was Jürgen R. Bachus. (BTW: Bachus has a demand on the Estate 5 millions run from this time.)

Wiesner asked in 2001 the company TEPAX to produce several millions loudspeaker.
These should be sold via Internet to the fans. On the loudspeakers there was a picture of Michael; the picture could be removed.
Then Wiesner and Bachus did not pay the calculationsin to TEPAX.

In 2003 TEPAX impounded the HIStory logo. With it MJ Net Entertainment AG was not able of work any more: they could award no more sublicences.
December, 2003 Michael von Wiesner freed himself.
In 2004 net MJ was explained insolvent and dissolved. A well-arranged insolvency procedure was not carried out.

TEPAX waited till 2006 and applied for the auction. For 15,100 euros TEPAX got the MJ-HIStory logo!
Then nobody heard nothing more from the logo. TEPAX had now the millions loudspeakers and the nice logo.

In 2010 everybody was there again:
Bachus wanted (for what ???) 5 millions from the Estate.
There was suddenly a company "UD-Group" which disposed of the HIStory logo and printed on cheap junk. And Wiesner right in the middle.
And also in 2010 Joe Jackson took part in UD Group. Whether Wiesner has persuaded him and has taken for a ride or whether Joe was already present by the planning of UD Group, is not known. (I suppose: first)

And suddenly the loudspeakers also were there again. On the Internet site of UD-Group / umadubé they became first a few weeks for 999,999.99 (!!!) offered; then they should cost 4.999 euros. (In 2001 cost the most expensive about 500 US dollars.)

The story is much more extensive than I can write it here. And the story ist very dirty. It goes from 2000 till this day.
The loudspeakers, the unpaid calculations, the distraint, UD Group..... everything were and is a gigantic dizziness, a farce.

In 2004 the stockholders had lost her insert.
One complains at the moment against Wiesner because of deception, but I suppose that nobody can prove something to the Wiesner. And Wiesner goes on....

I have tried it here in this forum since January two or three spots, but nobody had it interest in it.
This is a great pity. Since it gives a good insight how Wiesner Michael Schaden has added.
Wiesner had the idea to take over the Merchandising from Michael. As a result Michael broke the contract with Sony Signatures and THIS the reason was for Michael's quarrel with Sony.

Wiesner, Bachus, Rath (boss of TEPAX) know itself everybody very well; Bachus and Wiesner are from the same village in the Taunus; Rath lives not far remotely. Everybody is about equally old.

I know, it is forbidden here to cite the columns of Friedman.
I ask for permission for an exception.
Then this column gives a very good overview about the story of the log and about the person Wiesner.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104516,00.html

And today Michael's father with Wiesner makes deals with Michael's logo.

Thank you so much for this very clear and helpful summary...I hadn't realised that this affected world-wide rights to the logo (I had mistakenly thought it meant in Germany only).

UD group seem to think they have this 'in the bag' as regards being able to capitalise on the use of the logo, but it seems they have not been very succesful so far in selling the flat speakers, and I wonder if they will really be able to make a lot of profit on items just because of the logo. Michael's fans who follow the internet will understand that money will not go to the estate, so I think only people who don't follow the internet will buy UD items with the logo.... I am not sure that there will be very many purchasers. This may not be such a valuable logo to them as they think.

I am very sad to hear that so many people have lost such a lot of money by investing in Wiesner and associates over the years.

It will be interesting to see how the new UD products are distributed..some things can be sold over the internet directly to purchasers, but something like icecream would need a large distributor/ buyer with freezer space in warehousing. I hope none of the big supermarkets take this up. Wine needs proper warehousing too, so again, they would probably need a distributor.

This is a similar situation to the Rouas perfumes, in that they need distributors to take large volumes off their hands, and save them the cost of transport and storage.

Last edited:
The loudspeakers are there again!
One can buy them for 999,999.99 (properly! 1 cent less than 1 million!)
http://www.umadubhe.com/b2b/dsdp/in....html&XTCsid=d88adcf556ead0d85d06a81627c08d28
(below on the site)

And here are picture and details of the loudspeakers:
http://www.derpreisknacker.de/
(in the middle of the site)
http://www.umadubhe.com/b2b/dsdp/pr....html&XTCsid=3679ce68565ef5477975c7bb0b6e6cc9

I suppose:
They do not want to sell the loudspeakers at all!
(Maybe they own even only just one!)
Because:
As long as UD Group offers this loudspeaker to the purchase, as long as they can publish both pictures of Michael and the name "Michael Jackson" on her side!

A finely made-up deception...

So does this mean that the estate can't use the logo??????

Can't the Estate block the merchandise being released outside Germany????

And those speakers have pictures of Michael on them, can't the estate get those blocked???

Finally, I thought that Michael used to get royalties from the original sales of the speakers, shouldn't the estate sue them for the lost royalties?????

I hope this doesn't set a precedence for future cases.

So does this mean that the estate can't use the logo??????

It is the old HIStory-Logo, Krshna....look here:
http://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/300793553/DE
Since 2000 it is registered in Frankfurt/Germany. (It came to Germany because Wiesner wanted it so and has had persuaded Michael!) Since 2006 there is another Owner: TEPAX, and TEPAX has die world-wide rights on this logo.
===> The estate has no rights on this logo.

Can't the Estate block the merchandise being released outside Germany????

The Estate had try it.
Because: UD Group / Wiesner want want to build up a parallel-merchandising to the official Bravado-Merchandising with this logo-- worldwide. But they have only this logo; they may not use the name "Michael Jackson", not his picture, not his likeness.
Therefore, they have got Michael's father: Joe Jackson knows meanwhile the whole world and everybody knows that he is the father of Michael. And: His name is "Jackson"! Therefore, Joe is so importantly for them.

And those speakers have pictures of Michael on them, can't the estate get those blocked???

YES--- I also do not understand this, too.
The loudspeakers have nothing to do with the own on the logo!
The pictures of them are removable! One can remove them without damage to the loudspeaker. Read here:
http://www.mjjcollectors.com/index....tegory_id=202&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=99
("with removable MJ pictures)

I think, the Estate should insist on the fact that Michael's photos are removed from the loudspeakers.
These Michael-pictures on the loudspeakers are their alibi for the "fact" that the whole other junk also are legal Merchandising of Michael Jackson. Every reader of this webseite will combine this so.

Finally, I thought that Michael used to get royalties from the original sales of the speakers, shouldn't the estate sue them for the lost royalties?????

hmmm...difficult Question...
Tepax impounded the logo because the calculations were not paid. Owner of the loudspeakers remained afterwards, however, still Tepax. BUT: What is with the picture on the loudspeakers? This is a question for a special-jurist.
Everything should be tried, so that Michael's pictures are removed from the loudspeakers... and with it from the Internet site of the UD-Group.

Last edited:
They can block the pics of mj but the estate has no ownership of the logo.the logo means nothing to non fans.its hardly a well known mj symbol

I hope this doesn't set a precedence for future cases.

That's what I was thinking....when you see D Wiesner with Rouas et al in Cannes, you wonder what they are planning together.

As regards the photo on the flat speakers, I would have thought that use of this would be subject to the photographers' copyright agreement...unelss TEPAX bought that at the beginning.

Edit: I've just had a look at the UD group Facebook page :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/UD-Group-International/111961992220256

They seem to have added 'by Jackson' to the MJ logo, which does seem to indicate that they've realised that non-fans won't know what it is.

Last edited:
it cant set a precedent. u either own something or you dont. the estate didnt own this logo and thats it

Who cares about the logo?

A business investor who is taken in by the UD sales pitch and buys a lot of stock thinking millions of fans will pay good money for it might.

And also if goods are poor quality ( It's possible!), that could reflect badly on the estate, where people don't understand the difference.

Logos are an important 'quality' mark which is why they are usually well protected legally.

And in terms of precedent, I just meant that if someone has something they want to sell, they can presumably now go to UD group, come to some sort of financial arrangement under their company umbrella and share in the use of the logo.

Last edited:
And so it is so urgent that the photos of Michael disappear from the UD web page ...

And so it is so bad that it is a Michael's father who has given to this damn** logo again new life.
Without Joe the logo would be worthless today.

citation Myosotis # 16:
"As regards the photo on the flat speakers, I would have thought that use of this would be subject to the photographers' copyright agreement...unelss TEPAX bought that at the beginning."

I can't fancy this. Because: The pictures on the loudspeakers are no by chance taken photos, but professional and official photos.
It must be a difference between.... Why HTWF had to remove, otherwise, the pictures from MJ?
I'm confident that Mr. Branca knows more about that than me.

Back