The Album Cover

Re: Invincible Album cover

For anyone curious about the Arno Bani photos, here are some of them. I think Michael looks deathly ill....or like a china doll....soul-less. Whoever thought this was a good idea (probably Arno Bani) was freaking crazy!! These are circa 1999.

michael-jacksons-blue-eye.jpg

H3889-L19452711.jpg

arno-bani-michael-jackson-en-studio-n%C2%B03.jpg
I dont care what anyone says. These pictures does not look like mj in 1999-2000.... think about it...it looks more recent in his later years
ecea50048583abcd79ff95ed196605b5.gif
352a711ecdf5fa3e172c3203162d545c.jpg
841ee56fcc04f94e2935fb31d8199263.jpg
8638aebd4c41ee2999043df81d351dc1.jpg

I think the photoshoot with
Arno Bani photos is awesome but WAY overly photoshoped.. Michael looks CGI in those photos..

I know Michael was self conscious about his cheeks as he got older but they could have done more with lighting effects instead of overly altering the pictures.

For the album cover itself, they could have used something representing STRENGTH ("invincible")

Made this in 10 minutes using the photo above... had too!

ldBuZ

^ I can't see the pic, I don't think it uploaded right

So you think if Sony actually had believed in the album, there would have been no different color versions?
There have always been limited collectors editions of albums to boost sales. Big record companies don't operate on faith. ;)

Yes, I don't understand the logic of saying that there were five colours, because Sony didn't believe in the album. Like...what the...? I think I remember hearing Michael himself say (maybe in one of the Invincible album interviews?) that having the different colours for fans to collect was "fun" and that it was his idea.

I think Sony had plenty of faith in the album, to be honest (at least at the outset). There was a lot of hype and excitement in my country about it, before it dropped. I think the Execs just wanted the damn thing to be finished on time.....which of course, it wasn't.

I think the photoshoot with
Arno Bani photos is awesome but WAY overly photoshoped.. Michael looks CGI in those photos..

I know Michael was self conscious about his cheeks as he got older but they could have done more with lighting effects instead of overly altering the pictures.

For the album cover itself, they could have used something representing STRENGTH ("invincible")

Yep.....WAY too photoshopped and the make-up is way, way over the top. In the one where he is wearing a gold wrap, he kind of looks like Mr Spock, but without the pointed ears!! I do see similarities between that image and the one that was used for the Xscape album, but I think the editing/photoshopping for the Xscape album cover was a MUCH better effort - it really pulled of the "futuristic" look, in a more believable way. I've always thought that Michael's face on the Xscape album cover, is from around 1996/97 - and looks very close to BOTDF Michael.

I think terms like 'feminine' are unnecessary when it comes to Michael. he didn't see any boundaries when it came to beauty.

since 'thriller' he was shaping his eyebrows, and it's rumoured that the cardigan he wore on Motown 25, actually belonged to his mother.

later on in life he wore blouses, perfume, and veil's...

he may have identified as male, but that doesn't mean he was a shallow stereotype.

I get the point above but I'll have to say I dont see a reason why "feminine" has to taken in a negative way.. Michael did have a pretty boy look and that's not a bad thing..

Michael also had masculant features, his jaw line for example or having a cleft put in.. that's a masculin feature..

There's a reason comic books drew them into superheroes..

Michael was Michael! Had feminine and masculine features and honestly was beautiful!!!

I wasn't the one who took it as a negative. That was the whole point of my post. You've just confirmed what I originally stated: there were no boundaries, Michael was michael :)

I've always thought that Michael's face on the Xscape album cover, is from around 1996/97 - and looks very close to BOTDF Michael.

It is.
The original photo is also included (less / differently edited) inside the album booklet. You can see the BOTDF outfit on this one.

Ah, you are right:

6X4jHlb.jpg

Sorry, but that kind of hurts my eyes. :D

I actually like the Invincible cover. Clean and simple.

Last edited:

Since we have never seen the original image of Michael painted in gold...i tried to recreate his vision. Its not perfect but you can see where im coming from
4851c14d4d7065462d2559914b009a02.jpg

I like the cover. Looks nicely simplistic and minimalistic; the cover didn't have to look grandiose. One of MJ's eyes and one of his eyebrows being pixelated were neat, too.

Today Omer Batti shared his (Michael Jackson) cd collection on his Instagram story @kidslife with some pictures of alternative album covers for the Invincible Album. I believe they are official concepts with Michael Jackson's face in gold, and some editions with a collage of photos from the Albert Watson photoshoot. Omar did have some rare work-in-progress stuff by being a friend of Michael, like for instance a cd from The Hit Factory Studios ''Speechless Mix 13 guide mix'' and some Blood on the Dance Floor ''Blood'' cd's'.

Alternative covers
invincible%20album%20cover%20alternatives_zpsaakiwkhi.jpg
[/URL]

Bernie Grundman reference cd 7/02/2001 session
bernie%20grundman%20reference%20disc%207-02-2001%20session_zpsjkxsveju.jpg
[/URL]

Collection overview
collection%20overview_zpspmmwx92a.jpg
[/URL]

Rough mixes Blood, Speechless and Neverland
Screenshot_20180604-163720_zpsyetpkiac.png
[/URL]

Last edited:
Invincible%20Clean%20Gold%20Alternative%20edition%202001_zpsklgtopfp.png

Michael Jackson's Invincible Gold Alternative Album Cover (cleaned version)

Last edited:
Michael%20Jackson%20Invincible%20Gold%20Album%20Cover%20Alternative%20Concept%202001_zps5kmaez3b.png

Michael Jackson's Invincible Gold Alternative Album Cover (cleaned version)

Good job. How did you clean the text on the bottom. I gave up after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back