Breaking News - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking News - The Great Debate

Had a feeling you knew all of his songs.

Only MJ fans know this guy. Usher, Justin Timberlake fans can care less about him.
Yup, I know most of his stuff. Of course, in order to be 100% sure it's him on the fake tracks.

Only MJ fans know this guy because his songs were all over the internet a few years ago (well, they still are) as "MJ songs" and many people actually believed it was Michael (and still do, lol?). People said Jason Malachi = Michael Jackson and that Jason didn't exist, etc.

Just sayin'. If the three Cascio songs were Let Me Let Go, Don't Walk Away and Bigger Man, the situation may have been the same as now.

^ Hey Pentum, does this new album remind you of 7even? ;)

AlbumCover_MJ+7even.jpg

If Butterflies and 2000 Watts were released in 2010 and MJ had passed away, you would say it was Jason.

Marsha of Floetry had MJ sing in a more soulful tone that was different from the 1995 History album so the style was totally different. You will probably deny it now.

If Butterflies and 2000 Watts were released in 2010 and MJ had passed away, you would say it was Jason.

Marsha of Floetry had MJ sing in a more soulful tone that was different from the 1995 History album so the style was totally different. You will probably deny it now.
What? NO WAY!

I have no problem hearing Michael in 2000 Watts. There is only one Michael Jackson. Butterflies? Why this song?

I wonder why I never said it's Jason on any other tracks other than these three released CASCIO tracks. (wait, Carry On/Stay and All I Need is Jason too).

^ Hey Pentum, does this new album remind you of 7even? ;)
Yup, this album is exactly what 7even is. A mixed with old songs, fake songs and a few recent ones. If they cut out the fake songs, I'd buy it :)

There's no proof the Cascio's would ever do something like this. But there is proof Michael's broke family were jealous because MJ might have spent more time, and considered Cascio's more family than his own.

Considering MJ trusted them more than his own family, then i trust they wouldn't hire some fake singer

There's no proof the Cascio's would ever do something like this. But there is proof Michael's broke family were jealous because MJ might have spent more time, and considered Cascio's more family than his own.
But this means nothing - nothing at all. It doesn't change the vocals.

Carry On isn't a Cascio track, from my understanding. So uhh...Yea.
You're right, I forgot about that. Still the same singer, though. Obviously.

Edit: We actually don't know if it is a Cascio track or not? I would guess it is, since it's the same singer.

Last edited:

Why Butterflies? The vocals on Butterflies are impeccable. Butterflies is exactly the type of song only Michael can make it work. When I hear the song, I do get butterflies in my stomach. The falsetto towards the end of the song is out of this world.

Why Butterflies? The vocals on Butterflies are impeccable. Butterflies is exactly the type of song only Michael can make it work. When I hear the song, I do get butterflies in my stomach. The falsetto towards the end of the song is out of this world.

excuse me while I :dropdead:

MJ is the lead singer, with James Porte providing background vocals on all three Cascio tracks. Sony is not desperate to the point of needing money that bad.

Their just fine without releasing a new MJ album at all. This is it and the video game made them more than enough. They could skip albums and do multiple video games.

I think what it comes down to is fans will find something to always complain about. In 2002 whining about lack of promotion and not giving MJ a 20 million dollar Unbreakable video.

What artist needs a 20 million dollar video to sell your album? If you need that much then your music isn't very good. Your album should be able to sell with videos in the 500,000 to 1 million range.

The lack of promotion was a legit issue that Michael had to deal with. Part of it can be blamed to his inability to tour at the time, but it was a legit problem, and not just an excuse to whine.

I think what it comes down to is fans will find something to always complain about. In 2002 whining about lack of promotion and not giving MJ a 20 million dollar Unbreakable video.

What artist needs a 20 million dollar video to sell your album? If you need that much then your music isn't very good. Your album should be able to sell with videos in the 500,000 to 1 million range.

Do you know Scream cost $7 million to make? It still holds the record of the most expensive music video ever made. So, does it mean HIStory is not a very good album?

Do you know Epic Record actually refuse to finance Thriller? The Thriller short-film is financed by Michael. Becasue of Michael's vision and determination, we are blessed to have the groundbreaking short film that revolutionized the music industry and still stands the best ever being made.

Thriller, Black or White, Remember The Time and Scream are among the most expensive short films ever made. The amount of budget has nothing to do with Michael's ability to sell music. Michael was all about pushing the envelope and being innovative. Sometimes, the huge budge is needed to carry out his vision.

If Michael went by your rule (sell record with videos produced within the $0.5 million and $1 million), he wounldn't be remembered as one of the greatest artist the world has ever seen.

Do you also know that the budget for every one of Michael's album was 10 times other artist? Michael wanted the best of the best. He hired the best musicians to play.

I miss the days when record labels are willing to spend that type of money to produce music video. See what we have now. Low budget videos with half naked guys, half naked women dancing bodies to bodies in a club, drinking and doing nothing.

mariemarie;3145932 said:
after recovering from the emotional stress after hearing BN some weeks ago LOL (you can read the rundown of what happened in that time here http://marieteris.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/the-real-deal/ !!) I am starting to enjoy the song, especially when the song ends!! lol, just kidding...

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Gary over at MJJC, which is the biggest MJforum on the web, is banning everyone and are left with just a handful of members.

Sony still know they suck, so can’t do much there.

Fans ends up in a mental institution for threatment of emotional distress.

this is the real deal!!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny:

Oh, man... those were sad days, indeed.
That song brought nothing buy pain, distress and division to fans.
For me, that is the second biggest proof against these tracks, the first being my ears.

Even if I try, I just can't hear Michael there, but only in a few little pieces :no:

This is in post ONE
This thread is created purely for those who wish to discuss the authenticity of the song "Breaking News"

The will be no talk of those who believe this is Michael and support this song.

I have no single problem exchanging ideas with fellow fans who think MJ is on this song, but if the moderators are doing this sort of separated threads, opinions like those who support this track in this thread will show once again we just can't be separated, for we are just one and the same MJ comunity.

Just my 2 cents :flowers:

This is in post ONE

I have no single problem exchanging ideas with fellow fans who think MJ is on this song, but if the moderators are doing this sort of separated threads, opinions like those who support this track in this thread will show once again we just can't be separated, for we are just one and the same MJ comunity.

Just my 2 cents :flowers:

Thanks for reading my previous blogpost, glad you enjoyed it lol, but when you're quoting me, make sure to quote everything. Kinda weird that you ruled out my last sentence where I wrote that I liked the song. Not sure if it was intentional or not ,) Just saying - peace&love

Wait what? So these threads are only for doubters to discuss this with each other? I think that may have been a typo, unless I'm missing something. :scratch:

Do you know Scream cost $7 million to make? It still holds the record of the most expensive music video ever made. So, does it mean HIStory is not a very good album?

Do you know Epic Record actually refuse to finance Thriller? The Thriller short-film is financed by Michael. Becasue of Michael's vision and determination, we are blessed to have the groundbreaking short film that revolutionized the music industry and still stands the best ever being made.

Thriller, Black or White, Remember The Time and Scream are among the most expensive short films ever made. The amount of budget has nothing to do with Michael's ability to sell music. Michael was all about pushing the envelope and being innovative. Sometimes, the huge budge is needed to carry out his vision.

If Michael went by your rule (sell record with videos produced within the $0.5 million and $1 million), he wounldn't be remembered as one of the greatest artist the world has ever seen.

Do you also know that the budget for every one of Michael's album was 10 times other artist? Michael wanted the best of the best. He hired the best musicians to play.

I miss the days when record labels are willing to spend that type of money to produce music video. See what we have now. Low budget videos with half naked guys, half naked women dancing bodies to bodies in a club, drinking and doing nothing.

20 million for a video and making a excuse as to why the sales were a disappointment to you is a weak excuse. The album still sold 2.5 million in the USA and did well worldwide.

5 to 7 million is the MAX...20 million is riduculous. You had better be selling on Thriller level if your gonna to get that budget.

If your music is HOT...a simple video will do the job. Even if you were to spend 5 to 7 million like i said. Thats enough.

The excuse should not be we need a 20 million dollar video.

Also in the USA, the song Butterflies was more in demand by radio stations. Im sure you know in the US, MJ got majority of his luv and support from Urban r&b/hip hop stations. Most of them prefered Butterflies, Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn over Unbreakable.

Most Urban stations play the entire album for listeners. I remember Steve Harvey's station 100.3 the beat and Big Boy of Power 106 playing thr entire album. Listeners were calling in left and right asking about that Butterflies track. Unbreakable was considered aiiiiight. Many called it overproduced.

This is why Sony released Butterflies to radio next. It was more in demand by radio listeners

after recovering from the emotional stress after hearing BN some weeks ago LOL (you can read the rundown of what happened in that time here http://marieteris.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/the-real-deal/ !!) I am starting to enjoy the song, especially when the song ends!! lol, just kidding, but I'm starting like it, and again, it is a cool beat, yes the vocals, not great, but song, cool.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So saying Breaking News is originally Michael Jackson.......

- Then Cascio processed it to that max........
- Then Teddy Riley melodyne it to hell........
- Results in finished product sounding nothing like Michael.........

After all the editing........is it still considered as being Michael's voice????

20 million for a video and making a excuse as to why the sales were a disappointment to you is a weak excuse. The album still sold 2.5 million in the USA and did well worldwide.

5 to 7 million is the MAX...20 million is riduculous. You had better be selling on Thriller level if your gonna to get that budget.

If your music is HOT...a simple video will do the job. Even if you were to spend 5 to 7 million like i said. Thats enough.

The excuse should not be we need a 20 million dollar video.

Also in the USA, the song Butterflies was more in demand by radio stations. Im sure you know in the US, MJ got majority of his luv and support from Urban r&b/hip hop stations. Most of them prefered Butterflies, Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn over Unbreakable.

Most Urban stations play the entire album for listeners. I remember Steve Harvey's station 100.3 the beat and Big Boy of Power 106 playing thr entire album. Listeners were calling in left and right asking about that Butterflies track. Unbreakable was considered aiiiiight. Many called it overproduced.

This is why Sony released Butterflies to radio next. It was more in demand by radio listeners

First of all, I don't know where that $20 million figure is coming from. I don't think there is any fan who complained that Invincible didn't sell becasue there is no $20 million music video being made.

Second, I didn't give any excuse. I do realize Invincible sold well. Contrary to what the media said, Invincible was not a flop. Invincible sold more than 10 million copies. Invincible is a great album.

Third, to Michael, his video is not a mean to sell music. His short film is an art form. Michael's music is hot, his video is revolutionary. I'm glad that he spent the money to create Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, BAD, TWYMMF, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, Remember The Time, In the Closet, Scream, TDCAU, Earth Song, etc..... Most of his videos are expensive. Thank God he didn't put a limit to the budget.

Good point, but it's a different era where sales are not as high as back then. Of course if a label was confident your sales would reach a certain level, there gonna give you that budget for a expensive video. I don't think Sony was that confident after the first couple of weeks of sales to give the 2nd or 3rd single that expensive of a video, and still make a good profit.

Good point, but it's a different era where sales are not as high as back then. Of course if a label was confident your sales would reach a certain level, there gonna give you that budget for a expensive video. I don't think Sony was that confident after the first couple of weeks of sales to give the 2nd or 3rd single that expensive of a video, and still make a good profit.

I don't think Sony will produce a high-budget video neither. So far, the promotion of this album is lackluster.

Honestly, any video that Sony and the Estate produce is going to be a let down. There is no way they can produce something as interesting and entertaining as the one Michael created. Take HMH for example, the video is nice, but certainly not the type of Michael Jackson video that clues you to the screen and has you watch it again and again.

So where is this debate in this DEBATE thread?

Sony is not gonna hire some underground artist from youtube to sing the tracks.

They would actually be better off letting someone more popular sing as a guest appearance along with MJ. More money. Breaking News featuring Usher.

Not Breaking News featuring the dude from youtube...lol

*applauds*

So where is this debate in this DEBATE thread?

It's here alright, just not as mind-blowing or significant as everyone thought it would be. What we really need for a "great" debate, is the input of people in the "know" about these music related terms, music productions, waveform analysis, that sort of stuff.

It's here alright, just not as mind-blowing or significant as everyone thought it would be. What we really need for a "great" debate, is the input of people in the "know" about these music related terms, music productions, waveform analysis, that sort of stuff.

it would be interesting to hear the kind of inputs you mentioned.

it would be interesting to hear the kind of inputs you mentioned.

I know some of the people over at maximumjackson are putting an effort in trying to analyse the tracks as objectively as possible. Such as:

(i) when they consulted a forensic musicologist; [http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=673331&post673331]

(ii) the comparison that was made between BN and Speechless; [http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=680044&post680044]

(iii) and the recent comparison of Michael's vibrato on HMH and on BN. [http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=686393&post686393]

So, that's where you might want to head to if you're interested in reading something more progressive and objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back