What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

What type of release would you prefer?

• Hi-Res album release

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Faux Unplugged set

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Full-on club experience

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Symphonic Masterpiece

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
I really don't care what they bring out at least Michael is there. i agree. we really do need more Jackson stuff. seriously, people tend to forget about how Michael started then his solo career whatever people like it or not that how Michael started and needs to be recognize more then just his solo career.

The Jacksons

we really do need more Jackson stuff. seriously, people tend to forget about how Michael started then his solo career whatever people like it or not that how Michael started and needs to be recognize more then just his solo career.
Well on the concerts The Jacksons have done the past few years, they perform stuff that Mike ignored like songs from the Gamble & Huff albums & All I Do Is Think Of You (in which a lot of people think the Troop version is the original).

You're right. I used the wrong word but talking about white or black in music is a big nonsense, period. I'm not even black but I know that. :) (so definitely not offended, Mr. Nite Line)

The population of the United States is about 60% white and 12% black. Usually the majority of people tend to stay within their cultural background bubbles... so it's only normal that, in this case, white music has the bigger part of the music market.

Last edited:
I'm black and in my opinion i think more black music is more of the population. though it could be two things one because i'm black or two time has change and more people are listening more black music.

i could be wrong. but that's how see it and i live the USA.

...or two time has change and more people are listening more black music.

True. It was very different at the time that the Jacksons were at their peak of fame.

But also don't forget the parallel worlds (to main stream pop) of people listening to country music and christian music in the USA. Those scenes are huge in your country.

genre

I'm black and in my opinion i think more black music is more of the population. though it could be two things one because i'm black or two time has change and more people are listening more black music.

i could be wrong. but that's how see it and i live the USA.
They're listening to hip hop, which is the primary mainstream music now. Hip hop does not have to crossover like R&B did and still does. Rap is automatically played on Top 40 radio and often gets more respect with music critics than R&B did. Several hip hop acts were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame in their 1st year of eligibility, which is 25 years after their 1st album. The Jackson 5 were inducted 28 years and Mike 29 years after their debut albums. Even 1990s bands like Green Day & Nirvana got in their 1st year.

With R&B, rock, & jazz it was usually white performers doing it to make it popular to the mainstream.
That did not happen with hip hop. Notice that MTV said that they did not play many black artists in the beginning because they didn't fit their rock music playlist. But they showed videos by Hall & Oates, Doobie Brothers, and ABC who were basically doing R&B, which was labeled "blue eyed soul". There were also black artists at the time who made rock music like The Bus Boys. A few years later MTV had an entire show for hip hop Yo! MTV Raps. But it was BET who who would broadcast music videos by many R&B acts that MTV would never give airplay to, nor would they get Top 40 radio airplay.

Although white rappers came around with the Beastie Boys & Vanilla Ice. Run DMC, Fat Boys, LL Cool J, & MC Hammer were just as popular as them. The Fat Boys even had a mainstream movie studio make a comedy film (Disorderlies) starring them. Run DMC were the first rap group to really get mainstream popularity. Hip hop did not need an Elvis Presley or Pat Boone to sell it.

The population of the United States is about 60% white and 12% black. Usually the majority of people tend to stay within their cultural background bubbles... so it's only normal that, in this case, white music has the bigger part of the music market.

You just said it. The rest of the world just enjoy whatever music they like even if you consider and say that funky music is for the black only. SMH. Nonsense again :D

look at the shows in Chicago (which is confirmed to be on Michael's VHS tape)

Source about the Chicago '84 VHS? First time I hear about this. I've read that it's been recorded on film, but what Mike usually had on VHS was what was shown on the big screen during the concerts.

You just said it. The rest of the world just enjoy whatever music they like even if you consider and say that funky music is for the black only. SMH. Nonsense again :D

You're not really following the argumentation. It was about understanding what possibilities the music industry has in reality, not what things should be like, that every fan would like to see become reality. I mean, yes, this thread is for wishes, but reality is in effect none the less. :)

The Jacksons had their biggest following in the USA. (Only Michael solo took the world by storm.) On an international level The Jacksons as a group are just one black 80s acts out of many. Take that into account and also that they (and that style of music) reached their peak in that one country, the USA, before black music was taking over mainstream music there, and you have your answers why the Jacksons don't have as many "post-career" releases as Queen, Beatles etc.

Last edited:
SMH. Nonsense again :D
How many TV shows & movies with a non-white majority cast are big hits in your country or internationally? Black Panther was popular worldwide mainly because it's Marvel. It's the Marvel Studios brand that sold, not the cast per se. What is the ratio of CDs by non white artists that isn't Michael Jackson do you own? If black artists are really as popular worldwide as white artists, how come that most of the biggest selling artists are white? They are not Nigerian, Indian, Vietnamese, Haitian, Chinese, or Puerto Rican. That's international sales, not just the USA. White artists selling more is why they get more attention from the record labels, media, and public. There's a reason acts like The Beatles, KISS, & Elvis Presley get all of these 3-6 CD deluxe versions of their albums rather than Aretha Franklin, Celia Cruz, or James Brown. Because their audience is more likely to buy it, so the labels are willing to release them. There's been at least a thousand books written about The Beatles (band & solo) over the decades and new ones come out every year.

The Jacksons had their biggest following in the USA. (Only Michael solo took the world by storm.) On an international level The Jacksons as a group are just one black 80s acts out of many. Take that into account and also that they (and that style of music) reached their peak in that one country, the USA, before black music was taking over mainstream music there, and you have your answers why the Jacksons don't have as many "post-career" releases as Queen, Beatles etc.
The Jacksons as a group (on Epic), even in the USA, was primarily popular with the R&B audience. Body from Victory got a lot of R&B station airplay and also album tracks like The Hurt & One More Chance. Even the singles on the 2300 Jackson Street album got R&B airplay, but was ignored on Top 40 pop radio. Nothin' was a Top 10 R&B hit and She was popular too although not a single. The same happened with Jermaine's solo records, very few of his singles became big pop hits, but he had a lot of R&B hits. The early Jackson 5 records had crossover success, but less so as the decade went on, which was the same for Motown in general other than maybe Stevie Wonder & The Commodores. The Jackson 5 mainstream popularity of their records had dried up by the time they left for Epic.

Most of the brothers records came out in the 1970s. There was only 3 in the 1980s, 4 with the live album, and none past 1989. That's when Epic/Sony dropped the group. There's also the case that rock acts were given bigger recording budgets and promotion in the first place. That's how many have a lot of extra unreleased material that can be released now. Most R&B acts only recorded enough material for an album, that's all they had the budget for.

There's a reason acts like The Beatles, KISS, & Elvis Presley get all of these 3-6 CD deluxe versions...

Speaking of Deluxe Versions, Prince's 1999 Super Deluxe Edition comes out in Nov., 5 CDs & 1 DVD of mostly unreleased material (including the original album remastered & alt. mixes for some songs). I've got it pre-ordered for a while & it looks really good, I wish the Michael Jackson Estate would do something like this for BAD or Thriller, I could see something like this for those albums.

Could fit with a Victory Tour release :lol:

Bad was suppose to be a triple album but didn't work out during the time. he probably would of been the first artist to make an triple album. and boy we knew that would been expensive which probably why it didn't happen. lol. but that would of made lot of money especially this was also during his prime.

though we kinda got that with Bad25 which was awesome.

Bad was suppose to be a triple album but didn't work out during the time. he probably would of been the first artist to make an triple album. and boy we knew that would been expensive which probably why it didn't happen. lol. but that would of made lot of money especially this was also during his prime.
George Harrison had a triple album in 1970 called All Things Must Pass.

though we kinda got that with Bad25 which was awesome.

Prince almost released a triple-album back in 1986 called "Crystal Ball" but was merged with 2 other unreleased albums, "Camille" & "Dream Factory", & became "Sign 'o' The Times", So I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be the first

Re: ethnicity

Is that so? How many Chinese, Arabs, Japanese, Mexican, etc musicians are really big in Europe? How many have a lot of hits compared to white acts? Same for really popular actors actors & TV shows. It seems to me the most successful European acts are people like The Beatles, U2, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Led Zeppelin. etc and many of them have music influenced from black music. The Stones, Eric Clapton, & early Fleetwood Mac were all doing blues. Pink Floyd got their name from 2 blues singers. Zeppelin has literally copied blues songs and didn't give writing credit to the original writers. They all sold way more than the black artists they copied. Rock n roll itself originated from black music, but it's considered white music today. There's a reason that Elvis Presley is called the King Of Rock n Roll instead Jackie Wilson, Little Richard, Fats Domino, or Chuck Berry. Elvis got part of his vocal style from Jackie Wilson. Look at the list of highest selling artists and in the top 20 the majority are white male rock acts. The idea that black performers had to "crossover" to the mainstream (aka white) is evidence that the white audience listened to their own race first and so the white artists were often given higher recording & promotional budgets. I didn't hear anybody saying Hall & Oates, Average White Band, or Wham! had to "crossover" to R&B radio.

Some people on this site say things like "Michael Jackson's music appealed to all people all over the world". Which implies that he transcends his race, which is never said about white artists. So I guess most black performers did not transcend race, I wonder why. Or that Mike isn't R&B, he's pop. That implies that R&B is "black music" for black people and does not have the same wide appeal as "pop music". Pop is music for the white audience. So of course white pop fans are gonna say he is not R&B, he's the "King Of Pop". People also make a big deal about the Top 40 pop hits, and don't give the same recognition to the R&B hits.
& not to mention Rod Tempertant was a guy from Germany & he wrote alot of hits! BIG hits. But mane u said a handful & i agree 100%!

DuranDuran;4273208 said:
Is that so? How many Chinese, Arabs, Japanese, Mexican, etc musicians are really big in Europe? How many have a lot of hits compared to white acts? Same for really popular actors actors & TV shows. It seems to me the most successful European acts are people like The Beatles, U2, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Led Zeppelin. etc and many of them have music influenced from black music. The Stones, Eric Clapton, & early Fleetwood Mac were all doing blues. Pink Floyd got their name from 2 blues singers. Zeppelin has literally copied blues songs and didn't give writing credit to the original writers. They all sold way more than the black artists they copied. Rock n roll itself originated from black music, but it's considered white music today. There's a reason that Elvis Presley is called the King Of Rock n Roll instead Jackie Wilson, Little Richard, Fats Domino, or Chuck Berry. Elvis got part of his vocal style from Jackie Wilson. Look at the list of highest selling artists and in the top 20 the majority are white male rock acts. The idea that black performers had to "crossover" to the mainstream (aka white) is evidence that the white audience listened to their own race first and so the white artists were often given higher recording & promotional budgets. I didn't hear anybody saying Hall & Oates, Average White Band, or Wham! had to "crossover" to R&B radio.

Some people on this site say things like "Michael Jackson's music appealed to all people all over the world". Which implies that he transcends his race, which is never said about white artists. So I guess most black performers did not transcend race, I wonder why. Or that Mike isn't R&B, he's pop. That implies that R&B is "black music" for black people and does not have the same wide appeal as "pop music". Pop is music for the white audience. So of course white pop fans are gonna say he is not R&B, he's the "King Of Pop". People also make a big deal about the Top 40 pop hits, and don't give the same recognition to the R&B hits.

That is not just a claim by some people on this site.

In fact, that is what Michael Jackson stated and wanted to achieve with his music even when he was the lead vocalist of The Jacksons group.

Since those days, Michael Jackson used to compare his music (and its appeal to all people all over the world, regardless their race) with a specific characteristic of the peacock bird.

“…Of all the bird family, the peacock is the only bird that integrates all colors into one, and displays this radiance of fire only when in love. We, like the peacock, try to integrate all races into one through the love of music…" (Michael Jackson, 1978)

The above statement was also signed by his brother Jackie.

Michael Jackson continued to write and sing music later also as a solo artist with that thing on his mind (appeal to all people all over the world with his music) and many of his later songs as a solo artist have proved that.

I want new music and new concerts.

Victory and BAD - with extra material if possible - rehearsal footage would be the best.

ALSO - just read that MJ re-recorded vocals for the songs to TII. - So a This Is It live album with 2008/2009 MJ vocals would be amazing! - With the live band arrangement and choir etc.

I really love live albums - they have more energy and are more raw somehow. - The Jacksons Live is such a great album IMO.

I think there are two aspects to consider:

1. The majority of the music industry is in the hands of white people, and racism is (obviously) an issue to this day.

2. Music, like food, is a very personal thing, and you usually love whatever you grew up on.

For instance, when I was little and started to explore the record collection in our home, what I found was stuff like Elvis, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Abba, Deep Purple and so on. No record collection in the 70's was complete without Jimi Hendrix, so there was some of that also, and there was a copy of Rappers Delight by the Sugarhill Gang thrown in for good measure :laughing: , but I mostly grew up on so-called “white” rock and pop music, and as a kid you don’t think about these things.

Later in life, our tastes may expand to other music, if we keep an open mind. But at heart, I’m still a rocker to this day. :punk:

Likewise, if you grew up on Soul, R&B, and so on, and you start your own band, you’ll most likely do something within those genres, rather than, say, Norwegian Black Metal. :laughing: It’s just what happens. With every new generation, musical cultures mix more and more, and that’s a good thing.

My point is, personal taste is something we don’t have much control over, and should not be confused with racism.

EDIT: I forgot to say, another reason I mentioned food above is, say you grow up liking “Chinese” food (the “Chop Suey” take out kind of food you can buy everywhere in the world) and then one day happen to go to an authentic Chinese restaurant – you’d be surprised what kind of food you’re finding there. Same thing with growing up on Elvis. That’s not the authentic Rock’n Roll, but that doesn’t mean you’ll like the authentic stuff when you hear it. You’re just not used to it, and it takes a little effort to acquire a new taste. If that makes sense. ;)

Last edited:
I want new music and new concerts.

Victory and BAD - with extra material if possible - rehearsal footage would be the best.

ALSO - just read that MJ re-recorded vocals for the songs to TII. - So a This Is It live album with 2008/2009 MJ vocals would be amazing! - With the live band arrangement and choir etc.

I really love live albums - they have more energy and are more raw somehow. - The Jacksons Live is such a great album IMO.

In 2009 I was really disappointed that they didn't release that as the This is It album. That's why I do not understand that they now have the 10 year anniversary thing and still not release that. I had hoped that it simply were the live performances as we saw in the movie. Like the concerts were supposed to be. Not just a compilation album of previously released songs with only a few 'new' songs.

I'd like to see a Dangerous boxset similar to Bad 25.

Also Ghosts..... A proper dvd & bluray release has been so long overdue.
I read a few days ago on the wikipedia page for Ghosts that it's supposed to be released in 2019 in Europe. And i was like "WHAT?!? Where?" :eek:
I couldn't find any other information about it. I'd love to see it in good quality finally. I love the 2bad dance sequence so much and only have the youtube snippets people uploaded some years ago.

In 2009 I was really disappointed that they didn't release that as the This is It album. That's why I do not understand that they now have the 10 year anniversary thing and still not release that. I had hoped that it simply were the live performances as we saw in the movie. Like the concerts were supposed to be. Not just a compilation album of previously released songs with only a few 'new' songs.

I myself thought that back in 09 & talk about pissed off! I was kinda ok with disc 2 for the unreleased bits but i thought we were getting live vocals....not another compilation album. I was the mixed cd making king back then & had pleanty of disc that i could've burned with the same playlist yet i gave up my hopes with that 1

I'd like to see a Dangerous boxset similar to Bad 25.

Also Ghosts..... A proper dvd & bluray release has been so long overdue.
I read a few days ago on the wikipedia page for Ghosts that it's supposed to be released in 2019 in Europe. And i was like "WHAT?!? Where?" :eek:
I couldn't find any other information about it. I'd love to see it in good quality finally. I love the 2bad dance sequence so much and only have the youtube snippets people uploaded some years ago.

I myself thought that back in 09 & talk about pissed off! I was kinda ok with disc 2 for the unreleased bits but i thought we were getting live vocals....not another compilation album. I was the mixed cd making king back then & had pleanty of disc that i could've burned with the same playlist yet i gave up my hopes with that 1

This Is It was nothing but a crash grab to capitalise off Michael's recent death. I loved This Is It back in 2009, but now I really don't like it.

I feel the same way about the album.

The movie's a bit different to me though. It felt like last time I could see him so I watched it in theaters. Even got the dvd later on but haven't watched it since.

I watch (clips from) This Is It often.

I think MJ did great. - Many great moments in the movie.

This is It was made to lie to the fans and the public that MJ was ok and he was doing well. Look how much it was edited.

Thanks to trials after we know the real truth and the 'This is Not It' crew were right all along

This is It was made to lie to the fans and the public that MJ was ok and he was doing well. Look how much it was edited.

Thanks to trials after we know the real truth and the 'This is Not It' crew were right all along

They did let the lawyers watch all the rehearsal videos during the Conrad Murray trial. They didn't find anything that made MJ look bad.

Honestly would love to see a fan docu that's more truthful about the production of This Is It, mostly the problem with making the show, Michael's health, & other things related to it

A port/remake/remaster of the Moonwalker video game. Maybe even a collection of all the different versions that exist (Genesis/Megadrive, Master System, arcade, and home computer).

Back