Tom Mesereau Thread - Post all interviews here

They are two different interviews. one was LA channel, one In session tru tv. Go TMez!

Thomas Mesereau "Conrad Murray Is Guilty"

ZTcxNTczMCZvZj*w.gif
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

:heart: T-Mez. He is absolutely right about everything he says here.

Re: Thomas Mesereau "Conrad Murray Is Guilty"

I have enormous respect for this man.

Totally adored this interview! Mesereau always says things in such an epic manner--right to the point, no B.S., just totally amazing. He's so wonderfully intelligent--I especially love his description of Michael's personality: seeing beauty in the world which eludes most of us. I also adore the fact that he loves Michael's music--it made me all fuzzy inside to hear him describe his music. He's right--nobody can copy Michael Jackson, he's totally brilliant, unique, and different. I also loved hearing he saw TII three times!

Thanks for posting, guys! However, I agree with Mesereau--manslaughter is the way to go in this trial. There is no way the defence can accuse the prosecution of overcharging then. T-Mez knows what he's talking about, but then again, that's hardly surprising, considering how amazingly intelligent he is.

In short:

la_in_love_by_orenji__chan.gif
Michael+Jackson+Trial+Continues+NllyVLFSNuGl.jpg

P.S. His website is totally epic. http://www.mesereauyu.com/intro/
Totally makes Chernoff's look like a piece of s--t. Lol. Just sayin'.

Seriously, I adore him! The man is such an inspiration! He almost makes me want to quit history and become a lawyer. Almost. Although I'm seriously considering it--he's definitely among my personal idols. I cannot express enough gratitude and love towards this man, for the way he so kindly treated my Michael. Thank you a million times from the bottom of my heart, T-Mez...and yet it seems I can never quite say it enough.

Has mez given his opinion on the testimony /lawyers so far?

André89;3498921 said:
I have enormous respect for this man.

I agree. I have had alot of respect for Mesereau ever since he became Michael's lawyer during Michael's 2005 trial. Mesereau is a great man.

<tbody>
</tbody>
Oh I love his website too. He has many pages dedicated to Michael

&#8220;The man&#8217;s innocent. He always was.&#8221;
&#8220;I met Michael Jackson during a very dark period. The forces of evil were trying to take him away from us. The man I came to know was a kind, gentle soul who wanted to heal the world through music, art, love and decency. He succeeded. It was an honor and a privilege to defend him. Rest in peace, Michael.&#8221;
Thomas A. Mesereau, Jr., July 7, 2009
http://www.mesereauyu.com/?page_id=1921

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

qbee;3499072 said:

<tbody>
</tbody>
Oh I love his website too. He has many pages dedicated to Michael

“The man’s innocent. He always was.”
“I met Michael Jackson during a very dark period. The forces of evil were trying to take him away from us. The man I came to know was a kind, gentle soul who wanted to heal the world through music, art, love and decency. He succeeded. It was an honor and a privilege to defend him. Rest in peace, Michael.”
Thomas A. Mesereau, Jr., July 7, 2009
http://www.mesereauyu.com/?page_id=1921

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Me too, thank you for posting this link. I love the tribute and victory videos. :)

Totally agree with everything you said here. What an awesome individual to enter into MJs life. He's quite the catch!

Totally adored this interview! Mesereau always says things in such an epic manner--right to the point, no B.S., just totally amazing. He's so wonderfully intelligent--I especially love his description of Michael's personality: seeing beauty in the world which eludes most of us. I also adore the fact that he loves Michael's music--it made me all fuzzy inside to hear him describe his music. He's right--nobody can copy Michael Jackson, he's totally brilliant, unique, and different. I also loved hearing he saw TII three times!

Thanks for posting, guys! However, I agree with Mesereau--manslaughter is the way to go in this trial. There is no way the defence can accuse the prosecution of overcharging then. T-Mez knows what he's talking about, but then again, that's hardly surprising, considering how amazingly intelligent he is.

In short:

la_in_love_by_orenji__chan.gif
Michael+Jackson+Trial+Continues+NllyVLFSNuGl.jpg

P.S. His website is totally epic. http://www.mesereauyu.com/intro/
Totally makes Chernoff's look like a piece of s--t. Lol. Just sayin'.

Seriously, I adore him! The man is such an inspiration! He almost makes me want to quit history and become a lawyer. Almost. Although I'm seriously considering it--he's definitely among my personal idols. I cannot express enough gratitude and love towards this man, for the way he so kindly treated my Michael. Thank you a million times from the bottom of my heart, T-Mez...and yet it seems I can never quite say it enough.

Has mez given his opinion on the testimony /lawyers so far?

On TruTv he dd give a brief interview. He said both lawyers were doing a good job so far and you shouldn't count the defense out yet. Things always look the worst for the defense at the beginning because they go first. So, the defense will have a chance later to counter the charges once they're allowed to present their own case.

What I personally found interesting is when the interviewer asked if Mez would defend a man like Murray he said that he has defended people like Murray who did things they shouldn't and freely admitted that he did defend people who could very well been guilty. He also took pity on the defense lawyers getting booed and jeered by Michael's fans and said something like that happened to him all the time in the South, especially in deathrow cases.

But, he made it perfectly clear that the could and would never defend Murray because he's on Michael's side.

On TruTv he dd give a brief interview. He said both lawyers were doing a good job so far and you shouldn't count the defense out yet. Things always look the worst for the defense at the beginning because they go first. So, the defense will have a chance later to counter the charges once they're allowed to present their own case.

I dunno, I agree on the fact that we shouldn't count the defence out yet, however...I think they have been poorly organized and very erratic thus far. The fact that the defence attorney misspelled Michael's name on his opening argument scene further adds to this image. I mean, how extensive can the research the man has done be if he can't even bother to get the man's name right?

I also think Chernoff has come off as very unlikable during his sessions in court, particularly when questioning Alvarez--his contempt was very thinly veiled and he bordered on plain rudeness when addressing him.

In any case, from my research on Chernoff, I know he has been mostly prosecution in his early career, although his individual firm does deal in criminal defence. He has a good history and record, so despite his sub-par performance in the courtroom, I think we should watch him. As Mesereau said, the defence will have a chance in attempting to counter the charges in future.

Ramona122003 said:
What I personally found interesting is when the interviewer asked if Mez would defend a man like Murray he said that he has defended people like Murray who did things they shouldn't and freely admitted that he did defend people who could very well been guilty. He also took pity on the defense lawyers getting booed and jeered by Michael's fans and said something like that happened to him all the time in the South, especially in deathrow cases.

But, he made it perfectly clear that the could and would never defend Murray because he's on Michael's side.

Unfortunately, part of being a lawyer does occasionally involve having to defend "bad" people, so I have no particular ill will towards Chernoff or any of the other defence lawyers, only because they are simply fulfilling their job obligations. We must remember they are not responsible for the crime in question--Murray is--therefore, they are only doing what is within the limits and demands of their profession as his attorneys.

I think it is absolutely fair for fans to jeer and boo Murray (in fact, he deserves far worse), but his lawyers should really be kept out of it, methinks.

I'm glad Mesereau made that pretty clear, not that any of us doubted him in any case, but it helps to hear him reaffirm his trust/respect/support for Michael.

@ms fairy: Thomas Mesereau is an incredibly intelligent man. If there was a shred of credibility behind the various conspiracies surrounding Michael's death, I am sure he would have picked up on it. However...this is not the case. Mesereau would appear foolish if he condoned such statements on national television, especially considering the thorough lack of evidence behind each.

The rant you have presented to us is not only frenzied but completely incomprehensible (at least to me), better suited for the conspiracy section of this forum.

Thread cleaned :doh: Please take all conspiracy theories to the Controversy forum
they do not belong in this thread.

T-Mes was on last night on Anderson Cooper::wub:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/06/acd.02.html
transcripts from the whole segment on the trial

Here's Randi Kaye.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE) RANDI KAYE, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): In the hours after Michael Jackson died, investigators scoured the bedroom of his rented mansion for clues to what killed him. Elissa Fleak, an investigator with the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, found 12 bottles of the powerful anesthetic Propofol in Jackson's bedroom. She told the jury yesterday, one of them was empty.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did you locate on the floor a 20-milliliter bottle of Propofol?

ELISSA FLEAK, INVESTIGATOR, LOS ANGELES COUNTY CORONER'S OFFICE: Yes, I did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And where was that located?

FLEAK: On the floor next to the left side of the bed.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And was it empty but for some drops of fluid as it is here today?

FLEAK: Correct.

KAYE: The coroner says Jackson died of acute Propofol intoxication. His doctor, Conrad Murray, denies charges of manslaughter. In court, the jury learned Murray's fingerprint was found on the 100-milliliter bottle of Propofol that prosecutors say led to Jackson's death.

The bedroom looked more like a pharmacy. These are all the medications Fleak says she discovered. She also said she found a syringe, an I.V. stand and an I.V. bag with Propofol in it.

On cross today, the defense tried to make her investigation look sloppy saying she didn't report Propofol was inside the I.V. bag in her report until nearly two years after Jackson's death.

ED CHERNOFF, MURRAY'S ATTORNEY: In fact, the very first time that you noted that there was a Propofol bottle in an I.V. bag was the 29th of March, 2011.

FLEAK: In case notes.

CHERNOFF: Yes.

FLEAK: Yes.

CHERNOFF: Isn't that right?

FLEAK: Yes.

KAYE: The prosecution's case hinges on the fact that Propofol was inside the I.V. bag, which would mean Jackson could not have taken the fatal dose himself, as the defense suggests.

The defense pressed on, attempting to show Fleak made more mistakes, touching a syringe she'd found in the bedroom without wearing gloves.

CHERNOFF: This syringe has your fingerprint on it. Right?

FLEAK: Yes, it does.

KAYE: Investigator Fleak also took heat for not mentioning the I.V. bag in her original reports.

CHERNOFF: Would you consider that a mistake, Ms. Fleak, on your part?

FLEAK: I described something in detail later on. I didn't include it in the general initial narrative. Is it a mistake? I could have described more in detail.

CHERNOFF: You could have described it at all, right?

FLEAK: In the initial report, yes.

KAYE (on camera): On the stand Wednesday, a computer forensics examiner who analyzed Conrad Murray's iPhone. On it, a recording from May 10, 2009, of Michael Jackson sounding wasted and slurring his words. In a portion never before played in court, Jackson was speaking of his love for children and his own unhappy childhood.

JACKSON: I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain; I feel their hurt.

KAYE: Then suddenly, silence, and Dr. Murray's voice.

MURRAY: You OK?

JACKSON: I am asleep.

KAYE: Sleep. Michael Jackson wanted it so badly it killed him.

Randi Kaye, CNN, Los Angeles.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

COOPER: So disturbing to hear those phone calls.

Digging deeper now, did the defense score points today? Joining me now is criminal defense attorney Tom Mesereau, who was Michael Jackson's former attorney.

Tom, thanks for being with us. The defense cross-examined the coroner's investigator, tried to prove that she made a number of mistakes during her investigation in Jackson's room. Do you think their argument was effective?

TOM MESEREAU, MICHAEL JACKSON'S FORMER ATTORNEY: I thought he did a very good job. He was very prepared. He left no stone unturned. He didn't bully the witness, but he was firm in his cross. I thought he did an excellent job. You know, no investigation is ever perfect and no investigator is ever perfect. The question is, would some of these imperfections or mistakes, whatever you want to call them, or inconsistencies rise to a significant level? Now, they may or they may not. It depends on how they play into other evidence that comes up later in the trial. Right now, I didn't hear anything that was fatal. But you don't know how it's going to connect with other things later on.

COOPER: The investor was basically saying, "Well, look, I didn't include this -- mention the I.V. bag in the initial report, but in a more detailed report later on, I did."

MESEREAU: That's right. And of course, he's suggesting it's suspicious that you were influenced by prosecutors, you were influenced by witnesses, that kind of thing. That's where he was coming from, in my opinion.

COOPER: One thing that we've been waiting to hear is this two- hour interview that Dr. Murray gave to police two days after Jackson's death. How significant do you think that piece of evidence is going to be?

MESEREAU: Well, I'm very surprised, as a criminal defense lawyer, that his lawyers allowed him to go down to the police station two days after Michael's death and give a detailed statement. At that point, they had no idea where this investigation was going. They had no idea what evidence was being -- was surfacing and how it could be interpreted. And to let him go down there and lock himself into very precise statements, particularly with respect of the time line, I think may prove to be a mistake. But we have to see exactly what he said.

COOPER: So your advice to a client in this situation is never to talk to the police or at least know what the police want to talk to you about?

MESEREAU: My advice to the client would be not to talk to the police and to blame it on me. The reason would be, "My attorney has instructed me not to speak." That never comes into a trial. It's a constitutional right that everyone has. And that would have been the better way to go, I believe. But, you know, we'll never know until this trial ends. If it's an acquittal, the lawyer will look like a genius. So I just think it was a mistake from everything I know.

COOPER: The toxicologist who studied the drugs that were in Jackson's body also testified today. Is this the key scientific evidence the prosecution needs for their case?

MESEREAU: Well, it's certainly very key evidence. I mean, no one's disputing that Michael was having Propofol put into his system in his home, under conditions that were less than desirable. No one is disputing how powerful an anesthetic this is. The question is, who's responsible for him having the Propofol in a toxic amount?

The defense, I think, is doing an excellent job trying to find a way to suggest Michael did it himself. I don't think it's going to fly at this point. He had Propofol all over his body: his eyes, his legs, his heart, liver, pancreas, his bloodstream, his stomach.

My understanding is the Propofol amount in the stomach was not large. And, while stomach contents can diffuse into the blood, by the same token, what's in the blood can diffuse into the stomach. So it may have come not from being ingested through his mouth.

COOPER: How much of a -- of a defense do you think the defense is actually going to put up? I mean, how much -- how many -- do you think they're going to call a lot of witnesses?

MESEREAU: I think they're going to have to. I don't think the cross-examination, while it's been very professionally done, has been enough to tilt the balance in their favor. They have to at least call some experts to talk about the amount of Propofol in his system, what would be deadly.

And if they can -- I don't -- if they can find experts to say that what Conrad Murray did met the standard of care, I'll be very surprised. But you never know. Very often you can find an expert if you pay them enough.

COOPER: There's no way they would put Conrad Murray on the stand, though?

MESEREAU: I think there is a way.

COOPER: Really?

MESEREAU: If they think all hope is lost, if they think they have nothing to lose, they may put him up there. If they think they've established the possibility of reasonable doubt, then I think they won't, because the cross-examination is going to be brutal, given what he didn't tell the paramedics, what he didn't tell the police, what he didn't tell the hospital personnel, given the fact that he didn't call 911 quickly. There's so many things they're going to butcher him on on cross that I think they'd like to avoid it if they can.

COOPER: Tom, when you hear Michael Jackson's voice on that phone call, obviously in some sort of an altered state or, you know -- well, make of it what you will. What do you make of it? What do you hear?

MESEREAU: First of all, from a personal standpoint, I was his lead criminal defense counsel in his trial. And I worked with him nine months before the trial. The trial lasted almost five months. I've never heard Michael Jackson ever sound that way. He was always articulate, conscious, cooperative, just the nicest person to deal with. It just sickens me -- it just almost just horrifies me to hear him talking that way.

But what also horrifies me is the fact that his doctor would tape-record it and the purpose for what -- I can't imagine it being a good one. The only reason that I can think of him recording that was either to keep it as a souvenir or to sell it, and that just horrifies me to no end.

COOPER: Or to play it for girlfriends or something?

MESEREAU: It's horrible. You know, who it will help in the trial is an interesting question, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And how you interpret evidence is a subjective thing. The prosecutors are saying this shows the desperate state Michael was in, that he needed professional help, and he didn't get it. The defense is saying that he was an addict who caused his own demise. So it sort of spans both arguments. I think in the end, it's likely to help the prosecution more than the defense.

COOPER: Tom Mesereau, appreciate it. Thanks for your expertise.

Thanks for having me.

I admire and respect Mr. Mesereau. He's probably one of the very few people who has never failed Michael. His opinion is not only insightful, but balanced and objective. I've learned a great deal from him. He represents his profession - defense attorney - with grace and dignity.

I don't listen to the so-called experts on those tabloidish shows on TV. Mr. Mesereau is an exception.

Blessings to TMez.

TMez about Flanagan's claim "We are not going to assert at any time during this trial that Michael Jackson orally administered propofol" :

777MJJ 777MJJ
T/Mes on Radar: "I have to assume that Flanagan made that revelation because he wants to preclude the prosecution calling a witness" that could answer that. Thomas Mesereau called the self-administration theory "a dead duck" defence.

A podcast for you !

(sorry I havent followed this thread, so if this is already up feel free to delete allthough some may have missed it so maybe feel free to leave here !) LOL :cheeky:

*Part one ...and Part two...*

“Hashing Out the Law” is a podcast about Law and topic revolving around it, directed by Arash Hashemi and the podcast debuted in 2018 and in its 3nd season.

In the new episode, Hashemi’s guest is Tom Mesereau, who we all know for defending Michael Jackson in the 2005 trial where Michael was found not guilty.

Mesereau speaks speaks about his debut as an Attorney, his Free Legal Clinic and of course some of the cases he defended like the Michael Jackson case.

When asked why Mesereau did not want cameras in the courtroom during the Michael Jackson trial, he explains how the media can be very helpful in some cases and a distraction in other cases. He goes on to describe what everyday life was like for him during the Michael Jackson trial.

Mesereau has always supported Michael Jackson and during the “Leaving Neverland” scandal, he always voiced that Michael Jackson is innocent.

[video=youtube;1UW8cNvDePI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UW8cNvDePI&feature=emb_title[/video]

[video]https://brandnewtube.com/watch/the-raw-report-special-with-thomas-mesereau_hGX1BPyNZ5D2eVn.html[/video]

Good time of Tom Messereau refreshments. Many of the previously posted are no longer avalable.

Here's a great one with Vlad:

Good time of Tom Messereau refreshments. Many of the previously posted are no longer avalable.

Here's a great one with Vlad:

Good idea!

This one is the first Tom Mesereau interview I ever saw. John Ziegler interviewed Tom in 2019 after LN came out.

Part 1 - 29m 12s

Last edited:
Reactions: SoS
Back