Are you completely loyal to Michael?

the most loyal fan in the universe (and no i dont wanna sound cocky by this statement :lol:). i dont listen to his music all the time :lol: that'd be too immature. hes the only person in the world that i'd die for and he will always and forever be my #1 fave artist. so who cares if i listen to other artists most of the time (which i usually do nowadays that theres no new music from him) since i think of him 24/7 ? :wub: thats what i call loyalty. loving, caring and supporting someone unconditionally and sticking by his/her side no matter what :D

Well ive liked him and been a fan since the night he moonwalked for the first time across that stage on Motown 25 so i would say im quite loyal.
But having said that i am not like 'obsessed' loyal like some fans ive seen that totally scare me.

lol im 100 percent loyal but it doesnt mean i dont like other artists and music....
im loyal in the way of always being a fan and sticking up for him...no mean jokes....just kindness towards him....

Loyal - sticking up for him, basically like how a friend would act to a good friend.

I definitely listen to other artistes and fans of them. :)

This should be an intresting topic :p i'd have to say i'm not 100% loyal to him i mean i am a fan but i'd get board listening to hin constantly e.t.c

I think it depends on what your definition of 'loyal' is.

When I was a teen I would listen to nothing but Michael's music. I would talk Michael all day long and my only interest was finding out where Michael was and what he was up to. I would write my penpals and chat online and I didn't really take much interest in other artists or other hobbies.

Now, I don't listen to Michael's music or talk about him 24/7. In fact, I listen to Michael just as much as any other artist nowadays. His songs are on my itunes, so they get played amongst other songs. I do talk about him, but only when asked.

I still support Michael, I will defend him if anyone brings him up and my colleagues know I am a huge fan. My manager even offered to cover my work-shifts if Michael performs and I can't make it due to work. :lol: I went to Santa Maria for the trial, so I would say that's pretty loyal.

I think overall just knowing in your heart that you're a big fan and that you're standing by him is being loyal.

I think it depends on what your definition of 'loyal' is.

When I was a teen I would listen to nothing but Michael's music. I would talk Michael all day long and my only interest was finding out where Michael was and what he was up to. I would write my penpals and chat online and I didn't really take much interest in other artists or other hobbies.

Now, I don't listen to Michael's music or talk about him 24/7. In fact, I listen to Michael just as much as any other artist nowadays. His songs are on my itunes, so they get played amongst other songs. I do talk about him, but only when asked.

I still support Michael, I will defend him if anyone brings him up and my colleagues know I am a huge fan. My manager even offered to cover my work-shifts if Michael performs and I can't make it due to work. :lol: I went to Santa Maria for the trial, so I would say that's pretty loyal.

I think overall just knowing in your heart that you're a big fan and that you're standing by him is being loyal.

Really good post Dutchie. :yes:

I probably listen to his music more than any other artist- I always have.

I think everyone is "loyal" in their own ways, and I think I said before, it does depend on what your definition of Loyal is.

Right now I tell people outright that I am a fan if it comes up in a conversation and will defend him to the teeth (I talk about Michael a lot these days) and like Dutchie, all my friends and acquaintances know I am a massive fan and always have been. They just thought it was a phase I was going through when I was younger, and it was something I would "grow out of". I never did, and never will, so in that way I am loyal too. Loyal to the man, loyal to the art. :yes:

I wouldnt mind being his bodyguard as i would definetly die for him. Or is that going a little far.? (lol)

I am absolutely 100% loyal to Michael. ^_^ As a friend (and a fan) I support whatever he does, and as a friend (and a fan) I'd tell him if I didn't like the decision he was about to make. That's what loyalty is to me. Someone that stands behind you every step of the way, but isn't afriad to tell you that what you're doing might not be the best at one particular time. ;)

I *do* listen to his music all the time though. :wub2: Since I was a baby, lol! Sometimes I change the cd in my car to the radio (for my non-loyal-to-MJ friends

Yes I am, but "loyal" doesn't mean not listening to anybody else. If it did, then hopefully the answer would be no lol. But yes, I am loyal to MJ and his music.

I used to be 100% loyal to MJ when I first became a fan. But that was because, when I started *cringes* downloading his songs (I have bought the albums now), there were so many songs I had never heard of, and never listened to, so that when I went to my playlist, it was almost like an adventure to hear lots of new songs I'd never heard before. And as my songs collection expanded, I downloaded new songs, and outtakes, and demos etc, and it was so exciting and I never liked any other artists and never listened to them.

After a long time of this, of course, it had to come to an end. For me, that initial period of 'fandom' was like MJ releasing Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor and Invincible in one month. It was new, exciting, wonderful, and I was caught up in it. After a considerable period of time though, the new songs become beloved classics, and that excitement of new discovery started to fade.

I was amazed, though. Normally when a new 'fad' wears off me, I dump it in a split second. But not MJ; after two years I'm still going strong. In my initial year, my fandom was crazy, almost, dare I say, obsessional. I was actually OBSESSED with MJ, and when I look back at that time, I realize that not only is obsession harmful rather than helpful, but also that the reason I was so caught up was because the thrill of a new song was multiplied a hundred times over!

Now my love of Michael has reached a more meaningful place. I'm not an obsessed fan, caught up in excitement and the thrill of the moment. I am a true fan, who can stay loyal even when not much is happening. And sure, I've listened to every song countless times, but I still love them.

That said, I've started listening to a variety of artists, because as some of you have already pointed out, if you keep listening to MJ over and over again, it gets repetitive. And MJ wouldn't want that! Does he listen to his music over and over again? NO! He listens to new sounds, creates new sounds of his own, and always looks for that thrill of new discovery, just like I did. MJ wouldn't WANT people to feel as if they were barred into only listening to his music. He wants them to feel that buzz, that thrill of discovery with new songs, but us fans, we found more than just that when we became fans. We found a musician who is a wonderful, gifted, lovable soul.

I listen to a variety of other artists, and enjoy their music, but there is one crucial difference between them and MJ: with MJ's music, I found more than the thrill of discovery. I became a fan. A true fan of the music AS WELL AS the man. With other artists' music, I enjoy the thrill of discovery, but it wears off after a while, and in the end the artist doesn't really mean that much to me. There are some exceptions, where artists do mean something to me, but let me tell ya that it does NOT happen with so called 'contemporary' or 'modern' artists. They say nothing to me, other than the good beat every once in a while.

In the end, however, only one artists, only one man, REALLY sticks in my mind as a great person as well as the GREATEST musician, and that man is Michael Jackson. And I don't think this question of whether one is 'loyal' to him by not listening to other artists is really valid, because that would mean MJ himself was not loyal to himself, because as he's said on countless occasions, he loves listening to new, fresh sounds and artists. Michael is the King of Pop, and there is no denying that, and when his new album is released, I can finally experience that thrill of discovery again.

Back