Kanye West Wears MJ Badge In Video

Actually, in the ghetto mentallity, having a case (being arrested) gives you street credibility. What that means is that you are down in the hood if you have had a case. That what Kanye meant when he said he felt like Mike at his best. He was stating that now that Mike has some street credibility in the hood because he had been arrested, he was being more accepted in the hood as being "down" or with it. That's my take on this. :cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Did Kanye produce it? Also why is he singing on her song I never heard of Estelle before until this song.

hiya sharon007... cool name :wub:

estelle is a black british hip hop artist /shes had a few minor hits over here , shes pretty young , i'd say about in her early 20 s ,
she first featured on one of blak twang 's single's in 2002 .then released her own single 1980 in 2004
shes well known over here though :yes:

Last edited:
i really could see the details of the pic of mike but I could tell it was him. i guess i'm going blind from looking at this computer screen from hours on end. lol

A lot of people think mugshots are cool, too. Sort of, "Oh, look. This person is innocent, but aren't they badass for getting arrested by the evil Man?" But with MJ, that's a really embarrassing picture, so it was probably ill-advised of Kanye. Not really a big thing to me, though.

he could have put a better pic of michael on a badge...:(

he says in the song "And I'm feelin like Mike at his Baddest" then he flashes off the badge with the mugshot of MJ on it.

that is a subliminal message and i don't like it one bit!...:ph34r:

Actually, in the ghetto mentallity, having a case (being arrested) gives you street credibility. What that means is that you are down in the hood if you have had a case. That what Kanye meant when he said he felt like Mike at his best. He was stating that now that Mike has some street credibility in the hood because he had been arrested, he was being more accepted in the hood as being "down" or with it. That's my take on this. :cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

"ghetto mentalily", geeesszz i'm sorry but that is a lame excuse to me.

I think that the whole ''I'm feeling like Mike at his baddest line'' would have been better if Kanye West had a pic of MJ from the BAD album cover

Well saying: "Yeah, I feel like Mike at his baddest" on the badge makes it like he's making out that he's guilty!, because Mj didn't do anything bad to get that mugshot, whos got a knife i'm on to P0wn1ng kenye's ass now!

Is not ment to be disrespectful, sometimes fans make up stories out of nothing.
"I feel like Michael at his baddest" is just a cool phrase nothing more, the badge was created by a stylist first, who wore it on a fashion show, together with other badge with pictures af famous american cartoons or whatever, I personally don't like it, to show such a picture, a mugshot of somebody almost crying, but is not ment to be a disrespectful act from Kayne West.

I don't know of it was meant to be disrespectful. But now that there's an edited version, I guess Michael probably complained. Then it means that it was hurtful.:(

I'm not too crazy about him using that picture as well. It reminds us of that moment.

Maybe one day Kayne will be interviewed and asked about it. Then we'll get to hear his explaination.

Well I think that the whole part of the song is about how the media is bashing Michael... so he is defending him? I don't know,I don't think he wanted it to be negative.

Eh, well, whatever the reason may be... it seems in bad taste. I honestly thought it would be a picture of the Bad album cover.

I seen this and dont know what to make of it! And when i saw the title of thread i thought it said MJ's bulge, my bad!

I've seen it on tv recently a few times and the badge is always blurred out. MJ team must have stepped in. I actually quite liked it.

I don't think that video was against michael tbh, nothing in that video is supposed to portray him negatively. If I have gathered anything from that video it is that he's clearly trying to show a bit of recognition for this quite obvious superstar although it does take quite a few rewinds to properly understand what he was saying/what he meant lol.

Back