A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

It's a pity they did not really go with the story line (I would have), but otherwise I like it. The inclusion of old MJ footage wasn't tribute-like. And OMG that footage of him in ITC is so hot/cute. Now this is a video I'm going to go back watching again and again, unlike with the other posthumus videos so far.

The video is a big deal. It is actually being mentioned in our news headlines among the top stories of the day !!

Ok I watched SYTYCD - the only routine that sorta impressed me was Slave To the Rhythm :p Sorry I'm biased, I've seen much better and more creative routines on Dancing with the Stars, ironically enough lol For the most part all SYTYCD did was remind me how much I dislike other people dancing to MJ music that has set choreography LOL When I hear TWYMMF - I expect to see the dance routine that goes with it lol, or something that at least makes a nod to it. The whole 50's theme just didn't go with the song.

Just with all the routines, there's just a clear disconnect between the choreography, the dancers and the emotion of the song - JIMO.

And I did see the APWNN video aaaand it was decent. Not raving about it though. I still think it could've been more creative, more effort put into it - though the effort that was done was passable. :p Like, the imagery and the way it was shot wasn't exactly memorable, even with the dancers - it reminded me of one of those commercials you either see for a ...well, jeep. lol ...or perfume. Or Abercrombie and Fitch? lol

If the estate continues with this , I think they need to make more significant improvements. I just think if you're gonna make a music video and stamp MJ's name on it, even if he's not alive - you gotta put in the effort, or at least it has to LOOK like it would be on the same caliber as something he might have approved of or done. That just didn't cut it for me.

HOWEVER - that footage of MJ from ITC does do things to my body. LOL! And the BTS footage was quite nice, but I guess I could have done with out it? I don't know, it wasn't enough BTS footage that we haven't seen to warrant it being anything more than a mix up of the ITC video and the random dancers. But it was still nice to see.

So yeah I'm probably in the minority with my criticisms but oh wells! lol

It's a pity they did not really go with the story line (I would have), but otherwise I like it. The inclusion of old MJ footage wasn't tribute-like. And OMG that footage of him in ITC is so hot/cute. Now this is a video I'm going to go back watching again and again, unlike with the other posthumus videos so far.

That's the only negative I have to say about the video. I wish they had used the storyline Michael gave in the actual song for the movie. I had visions of the person in the video getting out his wallet with his family in it for example. That was the only thing I was disappointed about

Overall, I like the video, especially the footage of Michael. However, I think they could have done more with the concept of the song. The images of the shipping cranes and port in the background of the ocean footage and the various highway scenes didn't make me think of a place with no name. Not saying the video needs to be an exact copy of the lyrics but I was hoping for a bit more to be honest. Still, the video should help to promote the song/album which is the most important thing

I agree. If I had my way, I would have stuck more to the lyrics/story-line as well, but they did a good job with this. So much better than 'Love Never Felt So Good'. (That's just my opinion though.)

His smile is my favorite part of the whole video *_*

I almost used one of those as the screen cap for the website "article" (not much text was involved, so it's not much of an article, haha). But I went with a different clip.

On more clip and I'm off to bed:

itc6.jpg

Have a wonderful night/morning/day everyone :)

Yess!!! They showed nearly 1 minute clip of the video in the news report and are still flashing the headlines among the other important newsmakers! :wild:

1zdz0b4.png

Loved it when I saw this for my breakfast news.

14lle6t.jpg

The news channel NDTV is the oldest and among the most popular english channels in India. They have always been covering anything MJ related since Dangerous and new releases always make it to their headlines. :) Great start for APWNN! :D

Last edited:
One great thing about this video is that they already have a second jeep campign ready to go, lol. No editing is necessary. All they have to do is to show the first 30 seconds of the video in the commercial. Every promotion helps :)

LOL all of this happening and the first headline i see on Yahoo is "The King of Pop Dethroned" - just to say Nikki Minaj topped MJ for number ones or something.

Like wow - Yahoo. Wow.

LOL all of this happening and the first headline i see on Yahoo is "The King of Pop Dethroned" - just to say Nikki Minaj topped MJ for number ones or something.

Like wow - Yahoo. Wow.
what? nicki minaj is the most horrible 'artist' ever imo.

Not mad on the video to be honest.

When are we going to get footage from recording sessions in a music video?? That's what I wanna know.....

When are we going to get footage from recording sessions in a music video?? That's what I wanna know.....

They are saving those footages for full length documentary of Michael - I hope:D

it's wonderful, i was so wrong to judge so far in advance! it worked so well, the 4k transfers direct from the original film reels of in the closet was absolutely divine.. it wasn't cheesy at all.. it laughed at the love never felt so good fail.. i'm in shock.. i hope they continue with these 4k transfers from now on! wonderful work, brilliant editing.. Fresh Michael footage.. gorgeous :heart:

Like wow - Yahoo. Wow.

She did not top him for number ones, read the article again.

I was so looking forward to the video and what do I do when I first watch it ? started to cry once i saw the footage of Michael. I really like how they made it feel like it was all shot at the same time. i guess thats why I got so emotional. its wonderful.

I'm really pleased with the video. Defiantly the best posthumous video to date.
Loved the footage of MJ, just wish he was on screen for longer, rather than 2 second clips.
Still, an amazing effort by the Estate.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/ho...thumous-video-launched-on-twitter-156828.html

The Twitter-link is obviously only for 12 hours

Michael Jackson's Video 'A Place With No Name' Makes A Record!

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/ho...thumous-video-launched-on-twitter-156828.html

Michael Jackson's Video 'A Place With No Name' Makes A Record! Posted by: Amrisha Updated: Thursday, August 14, 2014, 14:39 [IST] Ads by Google If you are a die-hard fan of late singer Michael Jackson, do not miss a new video that was released on the microblogging site Twitter on Thursday (August 14). "A Place With No Name" is the first music video to launch on Twitter. Even though the legend King Of Pop is no more with us, he is still making history and records. The posthumous video is the first music video that was launched on a social networking site, Twitter. WERBUNG His Twitter account released a short film titled "A Place With No Home" as one of the first music videos to premiere on the social platform. It arrived at Wednesday 10PM, EST - 3AM Thursday in the UK. Michael Jackson's Twitter account has a staggering 1.5 million followers. The tweet has got 15,639 re-tweets till now and 15,359 favorites. The video is available for Twitter users exclusively for 12 hours, starting 8.30 a.m.,Thursday morning. "Music is the No 1 most-discussed subject on Twitter in the US and 50 percent of all of our users follow at least one musician," Shavone Charles, a Twitter spokesperson was quoted as saying. A Place With No Name was inspired by A Horse With No Name (the 1972 hit by America), and was originally recorded in 1998. Michael Jackson's A Place With No Name Makes A Record! "Music fans from around the globe flock...to discover and discuss new music in the moment," she added. The video will also be broadcast in the middle of New York City's Times Square.

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/ho...thumous-video-launched-on-twitter-156828.html

Is it already available as an digitally single anywhere?

overall it's much better than the other vids we had before (lnfsg, btm).

i personally hoped that naomi is in the video and maybe more mj footage.

Back