Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread

It makes me want to dance. And I've seriously been dancing around my room to this 30 second snippet. Great song!!

I cannot wait to hear the full song. This is the one I've been looking forward to the most since I heard Greg's version. I don't even mind that it's been updated, it still sounds awesome.

First things first.... that is NOT 'Thriller' vocals. What y'all think??

Personally, I have no idea. These magical ears can't discern era from vocals alone.

Behind The Mask = Sex wee. That's all I'm saying.

Based on the snippets Behind the Mask is one of the best songs on the album (and it sounds much better than Eric Clapton's and Greg's version!). I'm excited to here it in full.

Behind the Mask is my favourite from all the album snippets. The full song is going to be awesome I'm sure!

this song is amazing! i mean the snippet really ROCKS!

IMO it sounds absolutely DANGEROUS era. you could switch the beat with JAM. the background beat really is like the one in JAM. and michaels voice sounds like dangerous era, too. but i hope we will get to know exactly when it was recorded.

cant wait for the full versions.

My thoughts exactly, the best snippet of the album!

Groovy and funky.

I did a little wee in my pants when I heard it hhahaha

Can someone please PM me a link to the song or something, would love to hear it!

He sings all along i knew you were a phony girl, haha. Certainly not a love song then ;)

But his voice really DOES remind me of Thriller, he got a very young voice in this.

Pleeeeaaase can someone leak this ???!!

So far this is my favorite song. I love the energy, voice, beat. It makes me think of Shout.

I knew I loved it before I heard the 30 snippet! Any song from the Thriller era is automatically a favorite of mine :D

I think HT and Behind the mask are very much alike in terms of instrumentation and rythem, drums.

One of the best on the album! EPIC!

Never heard about that.

She probably just put backing vocals on or something

"Quincy Jones heard Yellow Magic Orchestra’s version during the Thriller sessions, and brought it to Michael Jackson, Michael had recorded it, and added an extra melody line and a few extra lyrics. But legal battles meant Michael’s version didn’t make his Thriller album and remains unreleased[1] until his 2010 posthumous album Michael. The 2010 version was a duet by both Michael and Shanice Wilson."

It says that it is a duet.. Oh no..

Well, you'd think they'd say that in the tracklisting...Seeing as they did that with Akon? but then again, on the Bad album, it doesn't say ...'I Just Can't Stop Loving You'...duet with Siedah Garrett....hmmm....hopefully, she doesn't sing too much lol

That better not be true.

On twitter, Shanice said weeks ago, she was asked to do some background work. She never said it was a duet...

On all reviews so far there have been no mention on BTM to be a duet! - They all say BTM is a great song.

Probably she's just singing the background vocals and somebody wrote wrong on wikipedia that it is a duet.

Back