A Little Bit About Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: a little bit about me

So, about food. Who here likes food? I like it from time to time myself. I am not a bad cook, i'm artistic and that lends itself into my talent to blend flavors really well, even if it's just my first shot at a recipe. I am from the west indies, well my parents are. I've been raised around a lot of west indian dishes. So, yes, i do know a few basic staple dishes and my mother tried to coach me on at least three extravagant ones.
Although i will confess, i like to prepare a simple dish while dressed ridiculously comfortable, turn on some famous opera melodies, the place has ambiance lighting, the table has a single candle light and i finally pour a glass of red wine. Then i sit down and savor my meal.

Okay, now, you all know of my kiddy side which is all fine and dandy to have, but my more sophisticated side, since i am way older than i sound (and look). We'll start with my choice in music. I like Nora Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Jane Arden, Corinne Bailey Rae, Diana Crawl and basically nice soft jazz music, r and b and pop.

I usually dress in simi formal wear but, that was strictly learned from my passed church going, of lately i'm trying to be more cool and young and fun in the way i dress because, i have never had the chance to dress that way for decades. I always used to be the nerdy type in school and my mother chose ALL my close for me (she insisted). So, in my adult years i can buy my own close and it took me a long time to develop a more trendy and youthful, reasonably put together attire. So, if you see me in sweat pants, t-shirt, or hoodie that's why. If i do dress and groom a bit too juvinial there is....a TOTALLY good explanation for that... I do suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. So, i needed to put up a wall around myself from others. I needed time to heal and come around on my own time... So, that's the reason why i've been shy about really putting my more mature self out there. I'll be okay, i am healing.

(okay, i know how you, my friends, are all thinking. I know that you couldnt help but stress yourselves over my previous last statement, so i removed it. Please, i dont want that to be the main thing find yourselves having to take away from all the fun things i just said about my self.)

Last edited:

I'm sorry if you guys thought that the last part of thread number 62 was a bit of a downer... But, i really want you guys to understand me fully,especially if there are some things about me that you just don't quite understand or feel sure about. I promise, i will only interject things of such a deep depressing nature, if it's needed, in order for you to understand the big picture. :)

Last edited:

Now, please don't get the wrong impression about me. I'm not the sort of person that, if you were to meet me in real life i'd be too emotional or a drama queen. It's just that this is sort of serving as a "My space". And, i know you are my friends, you are listening to me. In that spirit, i want to tell you thanks, you have really been there for me and it's encouraging. All of you, everyone, you mean a lot to me.

So, my aim is to keep this thread general and light spirited and fun, weird, deep and interesting lol. I promise you will rarely if ever hear anything depressing.:bomb::bomb::eek:mg::scream::scream:

Last edited:

I've always wanted to wear a nice light breezy, comfortable, simple yet pretty dress. One from Marshall's, JC Penny or Winners, preferable with pockets in it. I'd wear my hair straightend, in big light fluffy curls, combed and slicked back, while i stroll down the streets one summer afternoon. As i stroll i'd go where there are sidewalk sales. I'd stop, look at the pretty fresh vegetables and spices and herb plants that they have, examine it and buy it. Then moving on, next i'd come across some flowers from a gift or flower shop. I'd smell them and buy them on a whim and add it to my vegetable purchase. Then i'd just enjoy the rest of my carefree stroll.

(it would be lovely to have a song like Nora Jones or something like that in the back ground)

Last edited:

Now that i'm in elegant dame mode, i'd like to talk about another topic in unison with that.

My desire is to travel to Italy. I'd still be in that lovely dress of mine, but something a little less simple, a bit more elegant and girly. A dark blue, knee high dress, tiny floral patterns on it. I'd have a rose in my hair and walk up and down the streets of Italy (wooo, chica! a few men say) (i gasp, hey!) Okay, so moving on. I'd like to eat some nice pasta with one of their ravishing wines. I'd like to pass by a few friendly faces as they greet me in Italian. I'd like to listen to a random music artist on the street, and probably purchase a painting. No! not probably,i definitely should purchase a painting from Europe, must! Something small of cores. Then, who knows, probably get someone to give me a little tour.

Okay we're slowly straying away from the dame faze lol. This is discussing a real escapade i've had the chance to actually have.

In my home town, in the downtown area, i wen't to this nice restaurant /cafe called 'Cool Hand of a Girl'. Awe, it is good. Their aim is to use very unique herbs, spices and other ingredients to make the finest food you've ever tasted. They make amazing soup, sauce, spreads, sandwiches, dinners, brunch and baked goods. It's small, has brilliant art work hanging on the walls, they make it a point to play unique but splendid music. Most of all, the customer service is great! You can buy their spreads and sauces to take home. I like sitting in their cafe and just savoring the food. I see some people reading a book, lol.

Last edited:

Okay, to end the dame faze, i'd like to invite some of you 'secret_fracture' friends, you know, the one's who have been helping me all this time, the girls in particular to join me for brunch. We should all dress in a nice pretty dress and walk down the streets like girl friends and shop or do something fun! :laughing:

:girlhappy: Okay, that ends the girly faze. On to the next topic LOL.

My new topic is, that i notice it's been a while since i've checked on my dear friend. Secret_fracture, how are you? *clears throat* um, listen, i just wanted to take the time to say that, i notice your efforts. I notice you have been hard at work, to listen to my out pour of complexed emotions, deeply complexed. I just wanted to say that takes guts and courage and...i admire that.

dear, secret_fracture and the gang, i was just wondering how would all like to get together with me some time? Would you like to :rolleyes: i dunno, i guess have dinner with me? We can arrange an occasion to get together. Hey! wouldn't it be nice if we can go to a nice fancy hotel together, we can have dinner there and laugh and talk and have a good time?

The Story of the Lava and the Cat continues...

cat: so, tell me a bit more about yourself.
lava: well, i'm from Britain. i like my quite space and i like nature.
cat: wow, how lovely. i like music and dancing.
lava: really what kind of music do you like?
cat: i like beyonce, rihanna, and Trey songz
lava: ooh, Trey songz, me too.
cat: wonderful. great. :)
lava: but, cat there is something you should know about me.
Cat: what?
lava: i have many different personalities.
cat: how many lava?
lava: four
cat: lava that is fine. I think it's wonderful even.
lava:...really...?
cat: yeah... You can tell me ANYTHING. You know that, right?

I'm really sorry and I'm not being rude but I don't understand this thread, I maybe missing something so apologies if I am

I'm really sorry and I'm not being rude but I don't understand this thread, I maybe missing something so apologies if I am

oh, well since it's in the chat/anything goes section, i just thought that i'd take this chance to explain about who i am, and sort of turn it into a space where i can make friends. :) And express any random thing to my listeners that i feel like.

Thank you for your contribution by the way, i appreciate it.

oh, well since it's in the chat/anything goes section, i just thought that i'd take this chance to explain about who i am, and sort of turn it into a space where i can make friends. :) And express any random thing to my listeners that i feel like.

:hiv1:

To make friends, it's probably best to engage with others in the discussion threads, where there'll actually be some two-sided conversations. That way, you can find some common ground with others and begin to make some connections. For random comments and musings, we do have a "Thread of Randomness" - in there, everyone can participate and bounce off each other's contributions.

This thread seems to be more like a stream of consciousness that is only about yourself - where very few people are replying to you; therefore it's not really going to go anywhere, in our opinion.

One or two posts to tell us about yourself as an introduction, is usually how it's done.....the rest is not really necessary and just seems like overkill/too much information, to be honest.

Please feel free to dabble in the other more prominent threads so that the members will see you and know that you're part of our community.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back