Another Day - Official Discussion Thread

Re: Another Day

I think Another Day has a fantastic chorus. The verses obviously needed more work, but I don't think the final version is as catastrophic as some are making it out to be. I do think it has way more potential. It's a rock song and it needs some serious drums and guitars to bring it out.

The fact that Dave Grohl can apparently be heard on the track baffles me. All of the drums sound programmed, unless they got him to waltz in and hit a cymbal once or twice for the bridge.

I've heard the Lenny Kravitz version and it was very Lenny (I liked it)
in this version you still can hear his influence but it's still very ' Michaelish'
I love the song and its message....
thanks for this thread :)

I ADORE THIS SONG. It gives me goosebumps. I love the chilled beat over the guitar lick. OMG, I just love it. It's edgy, and great.

I love this song! His voice is just so powerful and raw here. I really hope they release this as a single! I think it's definitely hit worthy.

I do like it....But, the accompanying music needs to equal Mike's great and stunning vocals...And, Lenny just couldn't cut it, imo...

I love Another Day.

In my opinion it is Michael's best pop rock song since 1991.

I think this is my favorite song on the entire album (second only to "Much Too soon"). First of all, there's no denying that is Michael Jackson's voice I'm listening too which is always comforting. Secondly, I love Michael when he rocks. Thirdly, I love Lenny's guitar playing.

I love the way the guitar solo begins with the "HOO! HOO!"....

-Dal

I love this song soo much that i have it on repeat constantly lol

Mike's best rock song since GITM.

WOW! What a claim.

You may be right, especially as the rock songs on HIStory & Invincible were D.S. & Privacy (possibly the worst 2 songs on their respective albums).

I wouldn't say AD was as rock as GITM but I guess it's in that genre.

WOW! What a claim.

You may be right, especially as the rock songs on HIStory & Invincible were D.S. & Privacy (possibly the worst 2 songs on their respective albums).

I wouldn't say AD was as rock as GITM but I guess it's in that genre.

Out of all those songs mentioned I'd have to say that D.S. would be my favourite and Another Day my least.

This is my favourite track on the whole album, to me it's up there with Dirty Diana and could possibly be even better! As soon as I heard it I knew I was going to love it, I haven't heard any other versions of it but right now it's hard to imagine how it could be any better than it is with Lenny. This song absolutely blows my mind away, who knew they would find such diamonds amongst his old recordings? In a way it's so sad because this has the potential to be a huge song and I agree with what others are saying that it should have been on the Invincible album, I feel it would have fit in with the other songs on that album.

I love Another Day. Can't say it enough!

I love Another Day, but I wish it wasn't so over- produced on the album....:(

I hope they don't do the same thing with Place with No Name when they release it.

Having heard the leaked version of Another Day, i have to say that they really crippled the album version. It's like they removed all the energy from the song. Very hard to hear the album version.

I actually love lenny's guitar solo. is so rockie and fresh. however i do agree that the leaked version was somehow a bit more powerful.
still think this song deserves a little more credit than its getting tho

I actually love lenny's guitar solo. is so rockie and fresh. however i do agree that the leaked version was somehow a bit more powerful.
still think this song deserves a little more credit than its getting tho

Yes, and although I like it, it felt a little too anti-climactic.

I hope they will someday release the full version of the one that leaked. I think his voice sounded so much more powerful than on the album!

well, lenny ruined the song in the makeover. a classic case of letting
the artist work too long on something.

of course the mixdown was very raw in the version that leaked,
but some things that where added and changed really ruined the magic of this song.

the new additional heavy drums: useless... they take away the lightness
the changed guitar hook melody: too complex... the first one was more simple and more uplifting.
the additional synths in the second verse: useless... they distract from michaels voice, which is clearly the highlight of the song.

a pity...
i hope one day the full early version will leak.

this song in no way beats any of michaels other rock songs...
the refrain is simply too weak. but its a nice song definitly and one of the highlights on this 'album'.

Last edited:

^ I agree this song is not a classic MJ rock song. It's production is almost too poppy. Michael would have finished it much better I guarantee that. Not that it's a bad song, I really like it. But it had more potential.

its not too bad..but yeah I agree..Michael would of finished it different I think.

I also find that the leaked version was a bit better. I actually would prefer that Lenny sang his parts of verses to have a real duet. Lenny's voice is also powerful. But I guess that he was too humble to add himself in the song.

I also find that the leaked version was a bit better. I actually would prefer that Lenny sang his parts of verses to have a real duet. Lenny's voice is also powerful. But I guess that he was too humble to add himself in the song.

Well, it's Lenny on the backing vocals in the chorus.

Back