Heal The World Foundation (merged topics here)

Re: Is Heal The World Foundation still linked to Michael

^ is that true?? cuz I wannet to give my refund money to HTW foundation..I thought it's still for him
u guys know any other charities involves Michael??

Oh didnt know that, I was on their website today considering donating my ticket money to them. Opted for Make a Wish Foundation instead.

omg.. i was gnna donate some money to that too! which charities are linked to mike?

Jane Goodall Institute, the TJ Martell Foundation, the United Negro College Fund, the Michael Jackson Burn Center for Children, the Prince’s Trust, the Great Ormond Street Hospital, Childhelp USA, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of America, Children’s Defense Fund, Elizabeth Taylor’s AIDS Foundation and many more.

I was trying to look for info today on UK charities Michael has supported but couldnt find anything so choose Make a Wish since they have a UK base aswell.

I remember he supported a UK charity before (I think) his HIStory show in Sheffield, he donated buses to a UK charity, there was some footage, Debbie was in the background and he said handing over the keys "theres more where this comes from". I cant for the life of me remember the charity..anyone know?

lol, after typing all that out I suddenly remember, it was the Variety Club, he donated Sunshine Coaches.

http://www.varietyclub.org.uk/

Last edited:

Ive donated a little money to the HWTF yestareday

I donated to them the other day I didn't notice that it was dissociated with Michael anymore. Oh well I gave to charity anyway

Patti Boulaye was on the Uri doc last night in the UK. She went to MJ's 45th Birthday and she is president of this:
http://www.supportforafrica.org/

He was supporting them in 2002, not sure about more recently but it is a great cause.

If it is still a charity then why not donate to Heal the World...? Are they dodgy now then?

Heal the World, as involving Michael Jackson, was formally dissolved in 2004. Its operations had stopped in late-2002. This was made official on the tax filings from 2003. Here's an old message of mine on the issue:

------------

The Heal the World tax filings from 2003 (based on 2002 data) state, at the end:

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION HAS CEASED ITS EXEMPT OPERATIONS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 10/31/2003. THERE WILL BE NO ACTIVITY FOR 2004 AND THE ORGANIZATION WILL FORMALLY DISSOLVED IN 2004.

On the form itself they also checked 'YES' to the question: "Was there a liquidation, dissolution, termination, or substantial contraction during the year?"

Thus, by all legal accounts, the foundation was dissolved in 2004.
------------

According to non-profit documents, Melissa Johnson recently founded another Heal the World Foundation entity, although no concrete details are available about its operations.

wel he may no be legally associated with them but i read that in recent years before his death he invested alot of money into heal the world so that it could continue to run

I really want to get to the bottom of this...I read a message posted here from HTW after he died..that he was working with them again? They are even on facebook and people are signing up because of MJ...I really think that fans all over the world should get organized and donate to have HTW associated w MJ back running...and sustain it in his memory...I would love to volunteer, donate and work for such a cause

heal the world foundation was very close to Michael heart. I want to know the reasons why it was dissolved, there must have been financial reasons and I'm wondering given the tales of tptb trying to destroy Michael and his message whether this was part of it.

They say he had spent money trying to preserve it and I believe that this is probably true. It seems highly likely as he appeared to getting things together with the concerts etc, but I don't know for certain, there must be a way of finding out

Heal the world foundation is Michael to me. He founded it.

Why did it lose its tax exemption? Why wasn't Michael able to keep it going, this is around the times of the trial isn't it, I believe tptb were creating a financial situation to destroy Michael and his message. I think this is lot deeper than it appears. But HTWF was Michael

The Heal the World tax filings from 2003 (based on 2002 data) state, at the end:

HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION HAS CEASED ITS EXEMPT OPERATIONS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 10/31/2003. THERE WILL BE NO ACTIVITY FOR 2004 AND THE ORGANIZATION WILL FORMALLY DISSOLVED IN 2004.

On the form itself they also checked 'YES' to the question: "Was there a liquidation, dissolution, termination, or substantial contraction during the year?"

Thus, by all legal accounts, the foundation was dissolved in 2004.
------------

Last edited:

I'm going to write to malika chopra and see if she knows reasons for closing as she used to work for it. It is doubtful though that she will know for certain whether it is true that Michael was spending money on preserviing it, it seems likely though, as he founded it.

There was an earlier discussion that touched on this: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67525

From what I can gather, it looks like the original HTWF did collapse, and a new one was started in its place - supposedly with MJ's approval if not his active involvement at that point.

There's an interview on their site with their president - http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...s/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso (google cache link since you don't seem to be able to view it direct) - with some information. There's probably more information if you register.

Of course, it's hard to say how reliable any of that is. But in general, I wouldn't say they're acting like scammers.

I really want to get to the bottom of this...I read a message posted here from HTW after he died..that he was working with them again? They are even on facebook and people are signing up because of MJ...I really think that fans all over the world should get organized and donate to have HTW associated w MJ back running...and sustain it in his memory...I would love to volunteer, donate and work for such a cause

Yeah ive signed up and donated, i would love to volunteer, donate and work for this cause too!! :)

There was an earlier discussion that touched on this: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67525

From what I can gather, it looks like the original HTWF did collapse, and a new one was started in its place - supposedly with MJ's approval if not his active involvement at that point.

There's an interview on their site with their president - http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...s/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso (google cache link since you don't seem to be able to view it direct) - with some information. There's probably more information if you register.

Of course, it's hard to say how reliable any of that is. But in general, I wouldn't say they're acting like scammers.

Thanks, yes I don't sense they are scammers either.

I would still be very carefull if I were you.

According to the site it's gotten new management and has gotten reinstated as a charity, tax-exempt and everything. Seems like whatever issues there were before, have been resolved. Always be careful in dealing with charities, but this one might be ok again.

Even if its not officially ascosiated with michael anymore i dont see why this means we cant donate. If the charity is genuine and michael would have approved of their work i dont see the problem, he would have been proud tbh

Message from the HTWF President Re: Current Status (HTWF)
posted Fri July 31st 2009 @ 5:39 PM

To all Members, New Members and Future Members of the HTWF, Due to Mr. Jackson's unexpected death and the shear volume of people that we are not currently equipped to process, we will be putting our work on the initiatives on temporary hold for a short time. We will not take the initiatives down, so that new members can learn more about our future plans for the charity. To read and/or listen to the complete article, you must be logged in. See below.

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/...TWF-President-Re-Current-Status.html#00000059

Re: Heal The World Foundation

A few weeks ago I "joined" the current foundation claiming to be Michael's original Heal the World Foundation--the one started by Melissa Johnson last year (2008). I found the link on Wikipedia, and later discovered that their PR person has recently rewritten the Wiki article to say they are the "original" foundation. The same questions about legitimacy are being asked on the site that have been asked here for months. At first, it seems the admins there just deleted people's questions (?!?!), and apparently "banned" some people for asking questions. There was one main forum thread "About the Charity" that had a lot of posts questioning legitimacy (I know, because I posted there several times), and that entire thread has been deleted.

The California Secretary of State has this info:

Corporation
HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION
Number: C1688875 Date Filed: 7/3/1991 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address
PO BOX 6034
SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91413
Agent for Service of Process
BARRY SIEGEL
10345 W OLYMPIC BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90064

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C1688875

Suspended or Forfeited: The business entity's powers, rights and privileges were suspended or forfeited in California 1) by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to file a return and/or failure to pay taxes, penalties, or interest; and/or 2) by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information and, if applicable, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association. Information regarding the type of suspension can be obtained by requesting a status report using the Business Entities Records Order Form (pdf ~506KB).

Barry Siegel let the original Foundation lapse--who knows why? He was Michael's CPA, and was to be the third Executor of Michael's estate. Various media have reported Siegel resigned as Executor in 2003.

MSNBC reported this at the time: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4601265

Along comes Melissa Johnson in 2008. Here is what the CA Secretary of State says about that:

Corporation
HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION
Number: C3036817 Date Filed: 3/13/2008 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
44489 TOWN CTR WY STE D425
PALM DESERT, CA 92260
Agent for Service of Process
MELISSA JOHNSON
41605 GOODRICH ST
INDIO, CA 92203

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C3036817

The Foundation address is a UPS Store:

The UPS Store
44489 TOWN CENTER WY
STE D
PALM DESERT, CA 92260-2789
Phone: (760)340-0311
Fax: (760)341-3612
E-mail The UPS Store #0933

http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/0933/

On August 5th, I found Melissa Johnson's myspace page by going to her Plaxo profile: http://www.plaxo.com/directory/profile/219044056454/a25d63e0/melissa/johnson

She has made her myspace page "Private" after I posted on her HTWF site and asked if she had ever met Michael Jackson since she says on myspace that she has not. I copied her post when I saw it, because I thought she might erase it. Here is what is on myspace:

Melissa Johnson myspace.com:

Who I'd like to meet:

"Christ. Ghandi. Mother Theresa. Thomas Edison. William Shakspeare. The children of Africa, India and the philipines. Homeless people. Incarcerated people. The elderly. People who are dying. Mainly because I have work to do with some of them and I want to learn from all of them. As far as celebrities...well..Michael Jackson, first, for the reasons stated above and because I want to see for my own eyes, if he is half the man I believe him to be. He sings ok too...lmbo. Bono would be next and dave mathews. good men, doing great work with the talent God gave them."

http://www.myspace.com/mjfoundation

That seems pretty plain to me--Melissa Johnson has never met Michael Jackson, by her own admission. Somebody will probably sue her for taking money by false pretense one of these days, and after lawsuits are filed and are public record, then the Wiki page can be updated.

For now, I am enjoying the other fans on the HWTF site, but I am not holding my breath for Melissa's much-promised "answers" that never seem to come.

And thanks very much to MJJCommunity! It is because of the info I found in this thread from last year that I really began to question and research these people.

Kate

Last edited:

It seems very difficult to know what to believe. I know there is so much stuff around Michael that is just not true, but Mellissa says she was in court on the day MJ was acquitted with Mel Wilson, but it looks like she may be lying if you say she posted something different on myspace. What she says below seems very believable to me

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf/adminpages/QAwithMelissaJohnso

I did believe it because I don't actually understand why MJ would have let HTWF close, it was very close to his heart.

I know it had financial problems due to the financial situation created I would imagine. Michael would not have wanted it to close for the sake of it.

I can believe Melissa was in court if she managed to get a pass to go. Dozens of people were in the courtroom, but this does not mean Michael knew everyone there.

Jermaine is going to be on Larry King Live tonight talking about Michael's charity work. Here are Jermaine's comments from 2 days ago on Larry's CNN blog: http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/05/lkl-web-exclusive-jermaine-jackson-on-his-new-mission/

I believe Jermaine is telling the truth when he says: "Michael was different. He would personally check every charity he supported. He’d examine their track records make sure they did what they said they would do..."

I think that if Michael did know what Melissa & Co. were doing, he would have examined it carefully and if he approved, he would have made that endorsement public. Certainly, he would have not left HIS Heal the World Foundation out of his Estate. Some of those many millions in the 20% of his Estate allocated to charities of Michael's choice would go to this foundation.

Is that the case? As far as I can discover, none of Michael's family or his Executors have recognized this organization in any way.

I look forward to hearing what Jermaine has to say tonight.

I posted before too about the resurrected foundation. And I will repeat: if this is legit... then why all the mystery about everything? Why no legal status? And why do they have a website that says has all the answers... but first you must become a member?

I'm throwing this out there, due to a very, very strange incident that I was witness to on the Heal the World Foundation website to see if anyone else has experienced the same, or been witness to the same, or, if they have information that can answer some questions I have about this Heal the World Foundation and it's website. I'm posting this here, as I know HTWF cannot delete my post or anyones membership nor control the questions that Michaels fans have, and, the questions his fans have that want to genuinely contribute time and/or money to organizations that he worked hand in hand with, and, that have legal and legitimate ties with him.

I had read on a number of sites that his original charity, Heal the World, had not filed their government papers and eventually fell into dissolution back in 2002, and, had not made any contributions since sometime in the '90's. Does anyone know what became of his original charity and what happens to one when it's dissolved? Does it become open to purchase by anyone in the public? Or did he have the name copyrighted? Can anyone use the name in any form, thereafter, if its been dissolved?

I joined HTWF after I heard of his involvement with such an organization but wan't sure if this was the one, or if they were just capitalizing on his name. I posted some questions in a blog and it was removed within minutes. I asked HTWF to advise where their records could be found on their website, as all charitible organizations must have their records public. I saw online that the President acquired and registered the HTWF name several years ago, but I don't know if it's Michaels original charity that he created. I also asked if HTWF could provide specific details as to how their organization came to be linked with Jackson so I could make an informed decision. I looked over their site for quite a while, and noted it sure had the look and feel of a fan site, aside from the home page. Lots of blogs, forums, threads and pics of Michael, lot's of what I felt, were inappropriate postings about his trials, his charges, his private home life, which I felt, had no place on a humanitarian website. I asked why a charity would have this kind of stuff on their website, when it has nothing to do with charity. To me, it was like opening a tabloid, a gossip mag. I couldn't believe Michael Jackson would ever want or allow such content on any of his charity projects. He wanted to be left alone and his private life, left private, not discussed and debated in a forum, on a charity website or in the tabloids. Is HTWF legally and legitimately linked with Michael Jackson? Simple question, which I believe any charitible organization carrying on business, asking for donations (money), using his name and pictures to promote their cause, would have no problem with answering. Having my posts immediately deleted and the other member posts as well, and then, DELETING a membership raised red flags, then they just deleted the two blogs. What charity would DELETE a member asking for information regarding their organization?

Anyone know if the President of HTWF posted an ad on CraigsList for a copyright lawyer? I saw that posted online somewhere....

I had also read somewhere online, that the President of HTWF had posted last year, that she couldn't disclose what was happening "with Michaels charity", and that she "was the only one who could protect Jacksons vision" (?!). Still very, very confused with that statement. She never did answer any of the questions in the forum/threads last year, nor did she after his death. After his death, she is again posting on the internet that she cannot discuss any of those things as there are legal matters pending, the family, the charity, etc. and that she will "soon" reveal all. Is this the behaviour of a legitimate charitiy using the name and image of someone famous for their organization?

Anyhow, within minutes of our postings, they deleted both blogs that were asking questions of HTWF and their ties to Michael. Respectfully and politely asking HTWF to provide transparency in regards to their organization. All questions and both blogs were deleted and one member was deleted. The other member posted direct links to some government documents which I cannot find now, due to the blogs being deleted. What kind of charitible organization deletes questions regarding their legal and legitimate ties with a famous person they are using to promote their cause and ask for money around the world yet allow gossip posts regarding his personal and private life in forums and blogs, and other nonsense, on a charity website?

Someone, please tell me, what is known about this charity, HTWF, and what their ties WITH Michael Jackson are?

Personally, I will not give time or any money to any organization or group that is using Jacksons name to make money or advance their cause over others, if they are not legally and legitimately linked with him. Anyone know where factual information regarding all his charities and their current status can be found?

On another note, anyone know of any copyright infringements or use/attempted use of Jacksons original charity that was dissolved? Anyone trying to carry on or use the name of any of his charities prior to or after his death?

I know Jacksons original charity was Heal the World, not heal the world foundation. When you type in www.healtheworld.org, you are reditected to www.healtheworldfoundation.us.

The President ahs psoted that she and others at HTWF pay over $20,000 a year for all related name domains for Jackson and charities. I did write CBC asking them to investigate the matter, as the President posted that she is giving an interview with CBS. I also provided CBC with all relevent links. I, among thousands of others, just want the information so that we cna make an educated and informed decision in making a donation of time and/or money to Jacksons charities, all of which HTWF refuses to provide, and most of their site, after their home page is very, very fan based.

The HTW foundation isn't active any more.

That site looks more than fishy to me. I'd recommend everyone to stay away from it and don't submit any personal details, let alone donate money. It looks like it's part of some sect or something.

Jermaine Jackson stated that Michael and his people went through a charity with a fine tooth comb and all their records to make sure they were legitimate and their operations were transparent and the money and work went to where they said it would go...this HTWF is NOT transparent, their charity information and operating records are NOT psoted on the website, nor are they public information. Why are they not transparent in their organization and operations? Michael would never allow a charity webstie to have psots about his private life, the trials, his medical issues, or postings about what tabloids say and print about him, not ever. If you look past their home page, its very much like a fan site. I only want to know who and what they are, before I make any donations in his name and memory, but it's hard to do with HTWF when they avoid answering questions, delete members who post questions about who they are and how they are linked WITH Michael jackson, other than "sharing his vision".....

Back