MJ50 - Launch/Fan Party by Sony BMG - Sydney, AUS - Fans can chose tracklist

Friday 29th August :scratch: *looks up match fixture* Ooooh Swannies play Brisbane at the SCG on the Saturday night :eek:

anyone up for the party and then a trip to the footy the next night? :D

*eyes calendar* and then I come back to teach on the Monday :shifty:

*eyes wallet* hmm I'll have to think about this :lol:

Yeah it sounds good, thats the last round and I wanna be back in Melb by Sun to watch Essendon Vs Bulldogs !! Sydney vs Bris on the sat nite, that should be good too !! Count me in !

Oh yeah the 5 songs I voted for were:
MITM
TWYMMF
Who Is It
Heartbreaker
Human Nature

Also, I noticed Scream wasnt there on the list to choose from, anyone else notice that or am I missing something???

Last edited:
I voted for Burn this Disco Out, For All Time, Another Part of Me, Keep The Faith and Unbreakable

I'm actually quite excited about this album.

No this is just a Sony product :yes:

I think MJ was refering to his own new album :unsure: at least I hope :p

Oh yeah- definitely- it would appear (to me at least) that MJ has no input into this album- it's all Sony and the fans. :yes: I don't think Mj would be "in the studio" working on this. :cheeky:

^Yep, I posted that in the press release post I made. :)

I wonder which Aussie fans from here (or other boards) are going?!! This will be my first MJ event ever. :yes:

I voted for:
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Will You Be There
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]They Don’t Care About Us
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Stranger in Moscow
-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Morphine
- Butterflies

And I left a little bday message too :D

Why is "Scream" not on the vote list? :( All the other songs are there, but not "Scream".

I guess it's because Janet was on Virgin Records when she recorded the song with Michael, and Virgin wants their royalties for it if it's included on this new compilation? But Sony doesn't want to pay them, or Virgin doesn't allow for Sony to use "Scream"?

Last edited:

I wonder which Aussie fans from here (or other boards) are going?!! This will be my first MJ event ever. :yes:

Yay! Im so happy for you! :dancin:

Edit. And of course Im happy for every fan who gets to participate the event! :yes: :)

Last edited:
It's good not everyone is voting Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller. I have at least 10 albums with those tracks on it, lol.

I voted for Human Nature, Liberian Girl, Give In To Me, Who Is It and Butterflies.

I bought 2 tickets as well, so i'll be seeing you all there on the 29th! Also... are we going to be able to buy extra CD's for friends n stuff? Although I can only imagine ridiculous Ebay prices for them, I mean... I even bought the Japanese Thriller 25 for $120.

Last edited:
It's good not everyone is voting Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller. I have at least 10 albums with those tracks on it, lol.

I voted for Human Nature, Liberian Girl, Give In To Me, Who Is It and Butterflies.

I bought 2 tickets as well, so i'll be seeing you all there on the 29th! Also... are we going to be able to buy extra CD's for friends n stuff? Although I can only imagine ridiculous Ebay prices for them, I mean... I even bought the Japanese Thriller 25 for $120.

I'm not sure about ridiculous ebay prices. Does anyone know the quantity they are producing, or is it just based on demand. Remember, once the "unreleased" track gets leaked online, any of these CDs listed on ebay will dramatically drop in value.

475 event tickets but the CD will be available in shops after the party. Its just that attendees get it first. CD's come out on a weekend in Australia and party is Friday. Public can buy the CD but once all copies are sold they wont make any more, thats what a limited edition is. The Ultimate Collection is limited edition, and some shops STILL have copies left over, almost 4 years later...

you definitely going? because if i decide to go....it will be my first MJ event as well. and i'm soooo glad i'm 18 now. :lol:

OMG GReat stuff.! I am gonna go and get my ticket.
making it the very first club event I am attending in 20years!

I am voting for Who is it!
thanks for the info
much appreciated

Do we have a tracklist ? is this an official CD ? Can you buy it in your local store ? tell me please :)

Do we have a tracklist ? is this an official CD ? Can you buy it in your local store ? tell me please :)

The fans choose the tracklist, it's an official Sony release, as per the info on the first page, and it's an Australian release, so it will be available in australian stores. :yes:

Who is it is one of Michael's best songs, but so underrated.
Everyone votes Who is it

I voted
Who is it
They don't care about us
Earth song
Blood on the dance floor
Butterfly

I voted "Who is iT", my big favourite song. Yes, it`s one of his strongest songs ever... I love it.

I'll go - but yeah I need Melb people to go with - I'm happy to go halfs for a room and even Sydney v Brisbane sounds like a fun idea! If someone can orgainse something let me know and I'm in. Car pool up even? Or quick plane trip? I'm flexible.

dmitc@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Dave

break of dawn, One More Chance , Whatever Happens , Dont walk away.

thoose are the ones that definatly should be on the tracklist.

For me an absolute "must be" for the tracklist:

- Don`t walk away (Michael sings it so emotional ...a beautiful heartbreaking ballad)

- Will you be there (.. a hymne! Everytime listen I`m in tears)

- Who is it (I LOVE that song - mysterious backgrounds, video is art)

- Heal the world & The Lost children (Michael`s messages for a better peaceful world)

I heard that Jason Nevins will be doing a megamix for this album.

This true?

Back