MONSTER - The Official Discussion Thread

Re: Video for 'MONSTER' will include footage of Michael in the studio!!

ONLY - IF SONY has video of MJ singing the Cascio songs - don't you guys think they would have used it or just a short snippet of it to prove it was MJ on the Cascio songs?

That way they could have ended all speculation weeks ago. Sounds weird to me they would wait so long. Now the damage is done, and now it's damage controle. - If the had showed it a few days before Michael was released - or at least to the critics who heard the album before it was released - that way all doubt would have been shot down long time ago.

IF there are video of MJ singing the Cascio songs, it is an EPIC FAIL from SONY's side to only show it now - or in a few weeks (maybe more than a month) when the single and video is released! The damage is done now, even fans rate the album 1 star because they think there are fake vocals!

You'd imagine, especially when the Cascio's were on Oprah and still only showed a photo of the empty studio where Michael recorded. In either case if the music video features footage it will still only have the final album audio dubbed over it. For the record, I have no doubt that Michael was in the studio and did record vocals, I just doubt how serious he was about these songs, how much of the lyrics he personally wrote, and how much was done post-processing in the version we hear.

If they have such a video and if they include in the future video, I'll classify whole this controversy as a deliberate attempt on their part and milking it to the maximum.

Think like this Michael isn't here to promote the album and good or bad this controversy has captured our and everyone else's attention to the album.

I mean look to the recent weeks they released breaking news the whole arguments started, then the leaked songs, then Cascio's appearance on Oprah, Teddy Riley's tweets etc. This controversy lives on with all the new events. As long as Sony can wrap it up with convincing people that it's really Michael they would be okay.

I just received that information from a reliable source and it DEFFINATELY will be the next single, released worldwide! Still waiting to hear if the footage will be Michael singing the vocals to 'Monster' or if it will just be the music playing over footage of him....I'll keep you posted fellow fans! :punk:

I really really hope Monster is the next single. It is amazing, just amazing!!!

I can confirm that yes Monster will be the next single. I was told this 2-3 weeks ago! The reaction on i-tunes around the world has now cemented it. Monster will be released as an official single in January and will go to radio before that. More soon...

And yes there will be a video

Whoa.....Interesting, so the video will have in studio footage?

Last edited:
I posted this info a few days ago, from a usually reliable fan who seems to have connections with Sony, but most people seem to have ignored it, so here it is again for those who missed it:

After all the controversy in recent weeks regarding the authenticity of some of the tracks on the “new” Michael Jackson album, I thought I would share some knowledge with you all.

The second single will be ‘Monster’ and is scheduled for release early in the New Year. The music video for Monster is currently being put together, and the video will feature footage of Michael in the recording studio recording the demo of Monster. SONY’s way of saying the tracks are real (or at least ‘Monster’ is anyway). Rumour has it there is no video footage of Michael in the studio recording breaking news or keep your head up, make of that what you will.

The 3rd single is yet to be decided, and a 4th will be unlikely.

It was posted on the KOP with more info about future releases: http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=55231

If they have such a video and if they include in the future video, I'll classify whole this controversy as a deliberate attempt on their part and milking it to the maximum.

Think like this Michael isn't here to promote the album and good or bad this controversy has captured our and everyone else's attention to the album.

I mean look to the recent weeks they released breaking news the whole arguments started, then the leaked songs, then Cascio's appearance on Oprah, Teddy Riley's tweets etc. This controversy lives on with all the new events. As long as Sony can wrap it up with convincing people that it's really Michael they would be okay.

If they can kill all doubt and make all believe it's MJ I am fine, but I am affraid the damage is done.

Hope to see footage of MJ singing the Cascio songs.

There's some things that doesn't add up to me here.

First of all, Teddy Reily claimed that the vocals were originally slower than what appears on the album, and was sped up in the mixing process. How will this work out in a music video? Will they speed up the supposed footage of Michael as well?

Secondly, the Cascios told us that Michael supposedly recorded his vocals through some sort of a pipe. Again, it's hard for me to see how this could possibly look good in a video.

I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money on that we'll never see any footage whatsoever of Michael Jackson recording a Cascio track.

I dont need any video of MJ singing to know its him On the cascios tracks.

But for some, they need it, so its great news.

I dont need any video of MJ singing to know its him On the cascios tracks.

But for some, they need it, so its great news.

Yup.

Hope the video comes and convinces people it is MJ.

^^ I hope so to...

Sorry and i hate to burst your buble, but only if they really show him in the studio along with REAL audio straight from the studio, i will believe it. If they just show footage of him in a studio , while the normal Monster song plays,that will NOT mean a thing. And personally i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

This is proof, and they could have shown that much earlier and avoided this whole fiasco.

Sorry and i hate to burst your buble, but only if they really show him in the studio along with REAL audio straight from the studio, i will believe it. If they just show footage of him in a studio , while the normal Monster song plays,that will NOT mean a thing. And personally i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

This is proof, and they could have shown that much earlier and avoided this whole fiasco.

Exactly....

“footage of MJ singing Monster in studio”
that‘s amazing. i'm looking forward to this...
thank you for sharing this message...

André89;3136997 said:
Secondly, the Cascios told us that Michael supposedly recorded his vocals through some sort of a pipe. Again, it's hard for me to see how this could possibly look good in a video.

Yeah, the backing vocals sung through a pipe is an interesting claim. Apparently it was something along the lines of this:

half_inch_pvc_pipe.jpg

I guess they just had one lying around in the studio?

If the video turns out to be footage of Michael clearly singing one of the verses of the song, then there's not much you can say against that.... but we're talking hypothetically here.

I would love to see Michael singing any song on the album. Why? Because after watching Hold My Hand video which was nice, it was hard. Akon singing and people in the present and they show past clips of Michael. Just to see an image of him singing a new song one last time if that makes sense.

Yeah, the backing vocals sung through a pipe is an interesting claim. Apparently it was something along the lines of this:

half_inch_pvc_pipe.jpg

I guess they just had one lying around in the studio?

If the video turns out to be footage of Michael clearly singing one of the verses of the song, then there's not much you can say against that.... but we're talking hypothetically here.

Michael sang backing vocals for Billie Jean through a mail tube, or something like that. Folded envelope? Can't remember exactly.

André89;3136997 said:

First of all, Teddy Reily claimed that the vocals were originally slower than what appears on the album, and was sped up in the mixing process. How will this work out in a music video? Will they speed up the supposed footage of Michael as well?

I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money on that we'll never see any footage whatsoever of Michael Jackson recording a Cascio track.

who in the heck said it had to "LOOK GOOD ON VIDEO??????"

Do not get confused. As far as I am concerned, I am a perfectionist, just like Michael was. And when things are done, they must be done correctly and not half baked.

Some songs on that new album are half baked. If I am criticizing some things, it does not mean that I am boycotting those very things. i just want them the best they can be, that's all.

For my part I've bought 3 CDs of the album Michael so far. I am not boycotting, I am supporting Michael Jackson, but also I am supporting the way he was, a perfectionist! So I criticize imperfections in order to have on the next album something more perfect than what we have received:

3 doubtful cascio tracks
1 leaked song two years ago (Hold my hand)
1 reworked demo from Ultimate Collection (I like the way you love me)
1 leaked song/demo (Another day)
1 half of the song (Much too soon)

Luckily we have Hollywood tonight and Behind the mask that make the album worthy.

And the worst thing in all this is that they even haven't realeased any probably better material such as Do you know where your children are, Slave to the rhythm, Can't get your weight off of me, Blue gangsta, etc.

Expecting "perfection" when the man is gone is a waste of time. Let that go. If you want perfection, go listen to Thriller. If you want to hear versions of what Michael was working on, then listen to "Michael" and future releases.

Again people.....MICHAEL HAS RELEASED PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL AND DEMOS before.

Doesn't everyone love FALL AGAIN???????? Great song!! Was it finished??? No!

So why was it released???? Because it was good the way it was and would never be finished.

Well, the stuff we are hearing now will never be finished but it's still coming out, just like FALL AGAIN.

You know I don't think that anyone would be ashamed to admit they were wrong, because as a matter of fact the voice on those songs do sound so different that is completely legitimate to doubt them.

And if they prove it's Mike singing, then all you can say is that indeed it is Michael, however, the vocals still sound so Unmichael, even if it's him. And all this is due to overprocessing.

What is more, we were all afraid of Michael's autotuned voice before the release of the album that actually now we have even worse than autotune. We can bearly recognize, or actually not recognize Mike's voice on those tracks.

It's one thing to say the songs don't sound EXACTLY like Michael. It's another thing to call everyone involved a LIAR AND A CHEAT AND A SCUM BAG AND THE DEVIL AND BACKSTABBING MICHAEL, etc.

Some of the people Michael cared about most and worked with the most, Riley and the Cascios, have been made into villains.

It's pitiful!!!

who in the heck said it had to "LOOK GOOD ON VIDEO??????"

WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ARE REALLY COOL!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to do that.

The main reason for making a music video, is to promote the song itself. The video, if well made, is not only supposed to appeal to the fan base, but to the general public as well.

Even though the fan community would love to see Michael recording a song through a pipe (especially a Cascio track), it wouldn't neccessarily make a appealing video to the public. As a consequence, one of the biggest reasons for making a music video in the first place would be significantly less apparent.

i dont think they hav footage of him singing monster. if they did they would of used it ages ago when the whole 'uproar' began..i hope i'm wrong tho
i believe it is mj tho so it won't change anything for me

That it's not Michael, that it's an impersonator because they know their MJ like nobody else.

Exactly! They will never change their mind. Why try? Trust me, it's a waste of time. I say .........let them believe what they want to believe. At the end of the day, believers are happy fans........sadly, the doubters are not.

André89;3137231 said:

The main reason for making a music video, is to promote the song itself. The video, if well made, is not only supposed to appeal to the fan base, but to the general public as well.

Even though the fan community would love to see Michael recording a song through a pipe (especially a Cascio track), it wouldn't neccessarily make a appealing video to the public. As a consequence, one of the biggest reasons for making a music video in the first place would be significantly less apparent.

Michael is dead, dude. You realize that, correct? So, it wouldn't matter if he were singing while sitting on an elephant in a snow storm swatting off killer bees (okay, bees couldn't survive a snow storm but I was going for completely ridiculous - lol).

Point is, MJ singing through a pipe would be interesting because it would be unusual and show him using an interesting technique to achieve a sound. Also, it would be a rare glimpse of him performing in studio and no more odd than watching him dance to Thriller wearing baggy sweatpants.

Also, everyone watching it will know they are watching something unusual from a man who passed away. Nobody is going to hold superficial appearances against him.

i dont think they hav footage of him singing monster. if they did they would of used it ages ago when the whole 'uproar' began..i hope i'm wrong tho
i believe it is mj tho so it won't change anything for me

So because the "uproar" as you call it started they were supposed to scrap their plans for using the footage in a video to appease crazed fans on a fan site??

Check this out people, the rest of the real world does not care what the 0.00001 percent of MJ fans write on message boards. LOLOL

Hate to break it to you but to think that Sony or the Cascios would run the video out to shut you guys up when they might have plans for the footage to be used at the proper time is, well, ridiculous!!!

Even if there is a video do you really think it would stop some of these people? Look no further then TINI to see that some people are just thick

André89;3137231 said:

Um, there are plenty of hit songs out there whose videos feature footage from the studio. In fact the biggest hit/longest running #1 single in Billboard's history has a video that consists entirely of studio footage (Mariah Carey's One Sweet Day). And there are many other examples.

Like it was mentioned above, such footage would be a unique look at MJ behind the scenes, which I'm sure most people would appreciate.

This would be proof.

But sure they will say - this is MJ, but the vocals on Michael are fake!

This proves (IF there are footage of MJ singing the song!) that Monster is MJ!

I wish I could say it would be proof, because at this point I just want to be proven wrong and move on from all this.

But i'm pretty sure the vocals will sound completely different to those on the album. He may very well have sang it at some point, but that doesnt mean its him on the album really.....he may have recorded part of the song and then an impersonator filled in the rest.

We will see though, hopefully it does put all of this to a rest. I highly doubt it though.

Back