"POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

Maybe Mr. Bush will "invite" Ms. Faye to write the FORWARD for the book, in order for her to express what a wonderful make-up artist she is. LOL!

You know, Michael's TWO BEST FRIENDS, working together again!

It wouldn't surprise me, because at this point nothing surprises me.

Maybe Mr. Bush will "invite" Ms. Faye to write the FORWARD for the book, in order for her to express what a wonderful make-up artist she is. LOL!

You know, Michael's TWO BEST FRIENDS, working together again!

It wouldn't surprise me, because at this point nothing surprises me.

me too :ermm:

It sounds like a pleasant enough project, BUT -

I always have to ask myself, "why didn't this project come out when Michael was alive?"

Unlike Jermaine's book and/or Casico's book, which I don't believe would have EVER come out if Michael was still here, this project is different and could have been done years ago.

I don't know, I guess, speaking for myself, I'm just leery at ALL of the "projects" that have come out since Michael's passing. I'm looking at ALL of them with a "side-eye" and a "raised eyebrow." LOL!
Michael Bush wanted to make this book as a tribute to Dennis.

Michael Bush wanted to make this book as a tribute to Dennis.

Actually, I believe the book will be DEDICATED to Mr. Tomkins and will be a TRIBUTE to Michael Jackson, since Michael is the person who not only wore the creations, but also made them world famous.

I mean, let's be serious, if this book was not about Michael Jackson, do you really think anybody would be interested. No offense to Mr. Bush, I'm just saying.

ETA: By the looks of things, it "appears" that the book was in the works before Mr. Tompkins passing.

Last edited:
Actually, I believe the book will be DEDICATED to Mr. Tomkins and will be a TRIBUTE to Michael Jackson, since Michael is the person who not only wore the creations, but also made them world famous.

I mean, let's be serious, if this book was not about Michael Jackson, do you really think anybody would be interested. No offense to Mr. Bush, I'm just saying.

ETA: By the looks of things, it "appears" that the book was in the works before Mr. Tompkins passing.
Ooops my bad, I read Michael Bush message differently. You're right, he's doing this as a dedication to Dennis.

Oh come on guys, give them some credit! Its not like all those other tell all books that violate Michael's privacy and tarnish his legacy. I think it will be very tasteful,informative and inspiring. I've honestly been waiting for a book like this from Bush way before Michael died, I mean the man was always impeccably dressed!I'm just grateful we can get a firsthand account of what went into forming this particular style and how Michael's vision managed to transform the same theme seamlessly into different eras without losing its timeless touch.

Hehehe, sounds like you got a Christmas wish fulfilled! :D
I think for me, too!

msdeweydiva said:
I'm a librarian completely in love with Michael Jackson, so bring on this wonderful book. I must also see the forthcoming "Michael Jackson Style" by Stacy Appel.
How wonderful you are a librarian! You spend your days surrounded by books! Can't beat that. Hey, no wonder your username is "msdeweydiva"
...in honor of the dewey decimal system used in libraries. :D clever! I bet you could even recommend some excellent books on costume design, or at least be able to tell me the basic number range that would be placed on their spines, huh?

Oh come on guys, give them some credit! Its not like all those other tell all books that violate Michael's privacy and tarnish his legacy. I think it will be very tasteful,informative and inspiring. I've honestly been waiting for a book like this from Bush way before Michael died, I mean the man was always impeccably dressed!I'm just grateful we can get a firsthand account of what went into forming this particular style and how Michael's vision managed to transform the same theme seamlessly into different eras without losing its timeless touch.

Very reasonable post. Not everyone will be into the subject matter of this book. And there will always be people who will complain and be negative and see the worst in others. I expect, though, that I will enjoy and appreciate this book very much if it stays true to what Bush is indicating so far it to be like.

Thank you for listening to our very own qbee on Facebook, Mr. Bush! ;)

By the looks of things, it "appears" that the book was in the works before Mr. Tompkins passing.

yes the same feeling. it was announced very quickly after Dennis passing. i don't want to treat it bad but it's beyond me. why did you blame others but in the issue do the same thing.

I am looking forward to seeing the book. Dennis T. said in an interview after MJs death when asked to describe MJs style, he said "Liberace gone to war". It took a lot of thinking and hard work to come up with all those suits for MJ in 2005. I hope the book tells something as to the process of churning out those suits.....a new one each day of the trial. He said also that the clothes they made for MJ were not costumes....they were called "stage clothes". It might be an interesting book and also one with beautiful pictures, I hope.

...Dennis T. said in an interview after MJs death when asked to describe MJs style, he said "Liberace gone to war". It took a lot of thinking and hard work to come up with all those suits for MJ in 2005. I hope the book tells something as to the process of churning out those suits.....a new one each day of the trial. He said also that the clothes they made for MJ were not costumes....they were called "stage clothes". It might be an interesting book and also one with beautiful pictures, I hope.

Michael was definitely ONE GENERAL in those suits. *bows down* (definitely General who doesn't wanna upstage the Colonel, but does so with a bang)

Back