Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

I would consider this week's The X Factor USA major promotion for this album.

Bad News: Immortal falled out of UK Albums Chart. It stayed at the chart for only 1 week, debuted and peaked at No. 65.

There's zero promotion where I am, and unless you know about the album, and you're a fan, no one knows about it.
I dont really get how they want to promote this though, since it is related to the show that not many people know about and might not even see. So far, it's a north american thing.
It's a shame because it's absolutely brilliant. And that comes from someone who usually dont care much for remixes.

debuted at 43 in Australia. i really dont think we should take this too badly tho guys. i wouldnt expect casual fans to buy it cos to them, its JUST remixes. WE are dedicated michael jackson fans who hunger for anything and everything michael jackson. i dont think we ever should of expected it to be that big. also i'm sure a lot of people will buy it when CIRQUE comes to their own country. i know i considered waiting until cirque came to Australia so i didnt ruin the surprise. having said that i was too weak so i bought it and i absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im intrested to see the sales of mjs music in general when the show comes to europe but that will obviously depend on the amount of shows they do in each country as to what sales increases we see

debuted at 43 in Australia. i really dont think we should take this too badly tho guys. i wouldnt expect casual fans to buy it cos to them, its JUST remixes. WE are dedicated michael jackson fans who hunger for anything and everything michael jackson. i dont think we ever should of expected it to be that big. also i'm sure a lot of people will buy it when CIRQUE comes to their own country. i know i considered waiting until cirque came to Australia so i didnt ruin the surprise. having said that i was too weak so i bought it and i absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is a good effort given that it received no promotion except internet and the Cirque show doesn't even have future dates scheduled here yet (and since travelling halfway across the world is not possible for all of us, I think far greater consideration needs to be given to Asia-Pacific fans). Clearly we were out in force buying the record, so that proves the strength of fans regardless of promotion.

The soundtrack to the new Cirque du Soleil show, Michael Jackson: Immortal is doing quite well on the charts, in fact, it debuted at #24, on the Billboard 200 chart, and this week, it continues to do well. The new Cirque du Soleil show pays homage to Michael Jackson the legendary King of Pop, and many of the singer's songs are performed during the show.According to the new Billboard 200 chart, the Immortal soundtrack is at #47, and last week it had debuted on the chart at #24. The fans and critics have been giving the show rave reviews, and it is certain that the fans are going to be excited to attend the show when the show continues to travel to various parts of the United States.Michael Jackson remains the King of Pop, and all things associated with the star is at an all-time high. His many fans around the world are always eager to show their support for the star that has had such an impact on the world, and has influenced and inspired millions of people around the world. The iconic performer is greatly missed, but will be remembered forever.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Michael Jackson: 'Immortal' soundtrack for Cirque show #47 on Billboard 200 - National Jackson family | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/jackson-fam...cirque-show-47-on-billboard-200#ixzz1fzL7EkNI

The soundtrack to the new Cirque du Soleil show, Michael Jackson: Immortal is doing quite well on the charts, in fact, it debuted at #24, on the Billboard 200 chart, and this week, it continues to do well. The new Cirque du Soleil show pays homage to Michael Jackson the legendary King of Pop, and many of the singer's songs are performed during the show.According to the new Billboard 200 chart, the Immortal soundtrack is at #47, and last week it had debuted on the chart at #24. The fans and critics have been giving the show rave reviews, and it is certain that the fans are going to be excited to attend the show when the show continues to travel to various parts of the United States.Michael Jackson remains the King of Pop, and all things associated with the star is at an all-time high. His many fans around the world are always eager to show their support for the star that has had such an impact on the world, and has influenced and inspired millions of people around the world. The iconic performer is greatly missed, but will be remembered forever.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Michael Jackson: 'Immortal' soundtrack for Cirque show #47 on Billboard 200 - National Jackson family | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/jackson-fam...cirque-show-47-on-billboard-200#ixzz1fzL7EkNI
And it sold 18,096

Michael Jackson Immortal sold a very disappointing 162 copies first week in Denmark!!!

Only 162 albums sold?? - BUT there is NO promotion what so ever. - Many stores don't even have the album.... - No posters, no TV-adds - no nothing....

Number Ones has also dropped off the Billboard 200 chart. This week has been bad for MJ in terms on sales.

No matter what the reasons may be, it still makes me sad that it's doing so bad..

The latest Immortal album supporting the IMMORTAL World Tour has now dropped out of the official top 100 UK Album Charts.

Did anyone really expect this to be a chart-topper? Stop worrying about sales and enjoy the music.

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the US Immortal is at # 63. It sold 16,397.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

I haven´t bought the immortal album yet.
I hope I can see the immortal tour when it comes to Europe and don´t want to listen to the album before I see the show.

MIST;3561552 said:
I haven´t bought the immortal album yet.I hope I can see the immortal tour when it comes to Europe and don´t want to listen to the album before I see the show.
Ditto...

Well we need to keep this thread bumped up so what a better way than this
MJ fans are so creative and I'm glad many are embracing the remixes on IMMORTAL

IMMORTAL "They Dont Care About us 2011" Fan video
http://youtu.be/728WbMnCiJI

Back