Michael Jackson’s Ghosts coming to YouTube this Halloween!

i love the song GHOSTS more and more. What are the lyrics of the background vocals? Does anyone know that? I am talking about the background vocals during the bridge 1:32-1:50.

edit:

[Bridge]
Don't understand it!
(Gotta ghost gotta break in the walls)
Yeah Yeah!
(Got a ghoul, got a break in the halls)
Don't understand it!
(Got a ghost, got a break in the walls)
You’re just a dog gone!
Aaow!

Last edited:
None of us know if Michael would of allow a official release on youtube. but michael was known always to be one of the people who was in the new teach etc. so in my opinion michael probably would improve this with his others short films as well.

it was Prince who didn't like his things being on youtube but happen a few years after he died.
Mj didnt know too much about YouTube & YouTube was no where near how it is now back in 09. I do remember travis Payne saying he showed Michael some old videos that he forgot even existed.

I actually prefer to keep the integrity of the original short film, as it's a reflection of the time in which it was made. I have that opinion about everything that Michael produced. I'm not about the HD life. I'm happy that this masterpiece is going to cement Michael Jackson's ownership of Halloween even more firmly than before. I appreciate that this is being done by the Estate for Halloween, so that people who have never seen this greatness previously, can learn about it and share it, in 2020.

Glanni;4307792 said:
i love the song GHOSTS more and more. What are the lyrics of the background vocals? Does anyone know that? I am talking about the background vocals during the bridge 1:32-1:50.

edit:

[Bridge]
Don't understand it!
(Gotta ghost gotta break in the walls)
Yeah Yeah!
Don't understand it!
(Got a ghost, got a break in the walls)
You’re just a dog gone!
Aaow!

And who gave you the right to hurt my family?
And who gave you the right hurt my baby, she needs me
And who gave you the right to shake my family tree?
They put a knife in my back
Shot an arrow in me
Tell me are you the ghost of jealousy

lol! i had to. :laughing:

I actually prefer to keep the integrity of the original short film, as it's a reflection of the time in which it was made. I have that opinion about everything that Michael produced. I'm not about the HD life. I'm happy that this masterpiece is going to cement Michael Jackson's ownership of Halloween even more firmly than before. I appreciate that this is being done by the Estate for Halloween, so that people who have never seen this greatness previously, can learn about it and share it, in 2020.

you kind of like me. like the part of me want it to be upgrade. but then it's like no. i don't know. if they could keep both versions i would be okay with. most music videos has been upgrade while others still in the state they in when they first came out TV wise. i think it is probably gonna be upgrade in the future. it's depends what it was record on. the estate already got that plan as they claimed.

none of us know if Michael would of love youtube or not. but in my opinion, i think he would. he was always known for upgrading but stay himself.

Watch Now it's Full HD (Not 4K)
and This video watch free until this Sunday

^ it's upscaled SD. Not HD.

WOWOW's version is so much better than what The Estate has uploaded.

LMAO at the people in the comments thinking it's actually HD. It's just an upscale from 480p. I really don't get the Estate. This would be the perfect time to find the original 35mm print and rescan it in 4K.

LMAO at the people in the comments thinking it's actually HD. It's just an upscale from 480p. I really don't get the Estate. This would be the perfect time to find the original 35mm print and rescan it in 4K.

I don't think they would put that on YouTube. They'd save it for a proper release.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The full version of Michael’s short film “Ghosts” is available on Michael’s Youtube channel! The underlying message of this film – to be more accepting of others and not judge people based on their outward appearances - is still a timely message today. <a href="https://t.co/vCScUmFqpD">https://t.co/vCScUmFqpD</a> <a href="https://t.co/rDrtGjjogf">pic.twitter.com/rDrtGjjogf</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1321844243661422598?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Actually this was first shown in cinemas in 1996 and film prints look like HD so that would be the true way to watch this. Same with Thriller.

Actually this was first shown in cinemas in 1996 and film prints look like HD so that would be the true way to watch this. Same with Thriller.

Exactly. Mikky Dee probably thought that the film looks exactly the same as the SD version.

The same thing i said....im like my version looks way better but im gonna give them a view count anyway. The most cringy & laughable moment in this is at 33:06 when mj acts as if he picking the kids up & putting him on the floor. That part always got me

Last edited:

Yes, I was at one of the first showings of this in the theaters in 1996!

I find the quality good enough for a YouTube release.

Great work, Estate, finally.

The quality is overall better in this version. The colors look right and the definition in this version gets a slight uptick. The WoWow version has a lot of grain, wrong contrast and colors.

I saw it for the first time in many years yesterday.

Still amazing. - Quality is fine. - I chromecastet it on a 55" screen - and it still looked very fine.

Great move from the Estate to (finally) make this available.

Yeah the actual quality is upscaled 480p, but it's very properly upscaled. If it weren't for YouTube compression, this official version would be perfect.

Imagine more official release in quality like this from the Estate.

Yeah the actual quality is upscaled 480p, but it's very properly upscaled. If it weren't for YouTube compression, this official version would be perfect.

Imagine more official release in quality like this from the Estate.

I would love to see a high-quality version of Remember The Time.

I would love to see a high-quality version of Remember The Time.
This made my head hurt all over again. We discussed this in a 4k thread about them having to redo graphics & etc but what baffles me the most is that all that talk about ghost 3d being released before ln came out is what got me. I feel like they shouldve went along with it. Imo it's no grain at all. I might be used to my wowow version & don't get me wrong, this is clean but lazy to me. It's not like they don't have the negatives & what was the point of redoing thriller to be on a shitty movie thats been long forgotten already. They could've released thriller & ghost in the movies along with the making of. Now if they wanna a.i anything it should be the making of or something. Im not sure if that was shot on film but off the wall needs that a.i since shot on tape.

Galactus and Eric yes it was I had the privilege of being at the London Leicester Square premiere of Ghosts which was attended by a hist of celebrities at the time singer "Louise" was there as well as lots of others.
Up on the balcony was a person who was dressed as the mayor from Ghosts and nobody knew who it was until he got up and spinner and waved and laughed! There was no mistaking who that was then!

God how I miss all that, chasing him round London and meeting him at various airports when he would tell us the correct one and send the press on wild goose chases lol!
Dam I miss you Michael.

*beatlesboy*

I also went to various other showings of this in a few other cinemas winning tickets via radio stations etc for Halloween.

Estate really should do something with this, maybe this is testing waters to see what actual amount of viewing it gets.

Great work, Estate, finally.

I just checked the start of it a bit on the tele to see what the quality of the image was like and I was impressed by the sharpness. They truly did a great job. :clap: As others have also suggested, they should allow it on the channel for good, not just this Fullwin week-end. This is a masterpiece that NEEDS to be seen and heard by the world.

Also got to read some of the comments bellow the video. Goin' as far back as 2006, I've always found it fascinating to see what people wrote about Michael's videos. Same as then, many are overwhelming in their praise for the man's talents and show gratitude for his generosity of mind and spirit, while others are downright hilarious in their takes.

The original Covid. Countries used to damn near come to a halt when a new MJ video was released!

I'm not sure the comparison is entirely appropriate, but I still find it funny, especially considering the bolded part, which is true.

And this lovely initiative of uploading the video, actually reminds me a thread o' mine that needs some reviving,,,,right about now,,,,....:D

Galactus123;4308038 said:

Good point.

And Michael always called his videos short films.

Not just to call it that but because they should be able to conceptually be shown on the theaters.

So I’d say the intended format would have been HD wide screen but there were only released in 4:3 because was the broadcast standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back