Madonna Appreciation thread - For fans

Re: Madonna

Here's another one of my favorite Mad performances. I love everything about it. The choreography, lighting, and of course, the song itself.

I really like that performance. In fact that whole tour really. I'm not a huge Madonna fan but I love what she did there. I also love the way she performed "Oh Father"& "Live to tell" on that tour.

Thanks for the vid!:) I wonder what she was working on.

It looks like a documentary. But I have not heard on any new station about this so it looks as if its still in production. Nothng on vh1, TMZ, E! ... nothing has mentioned this

In Madonna's Drowned World Tour, she sings a song that is .... to say the least 'offensive' to her dad. I thought that Madonna & her dad were close???
Her dad actually came out on Arsenio Hall one year - I can't remember which one

I miss the old madonna. not the conservative, politically correct bullsht madonna. I want her to do anther album like Bedtime Stories

Last edited:

In Madonna's Drowned World Tour, she sings a song that is .... to say the least 'offensive' to her dad. I thought that Madonna & her dad were close???

Madonna is still close with her father, she just has a sick sense of humor. I miss the old Madonna too every once in a while but everything has it's time and place, and Madonna grew up and had a family. Sure, that vixen is still in there and rears its head every once in a while, but I understand why she's not quite so in your face anymore. She'll always be Madonna.

do people who for madonna call her 'madonna' or would they have to be formal and call her ms. ciccone? ...
I wonder...

Here's another one of my favorite Mad performances. I love everything about it. The choreography, lighting, and of course, the song itself.
I love the Blond Ambition Tour! :wild: :wild: :wild:

Thanks for the vid!:) I wonder what she was working on.
It looks like a documentary. But I have not heard on any new station about this so it looks as if its still in production. Nothng on vh1, TMZ, E! ... nothing has mentioned this
I believe she was looking for locations for her new movie, W.E which is already being filmed.

July 05, 2010
"W.E" Press Release

ABBIE CORNISH, ANDREA RISEBOROUGH, JAMES D’ARCY OSCAR ISAAC, RICHARD COYLE, JAMES FOX AND LAURENCE FOX JOIN “W.E”

Madonna’s Directorial Feature Debut to start Principal Photography on 5th July

Based on an original screenplay, “W.E”, a film written by Madonna and Alek Keshishian is set to begin shooting this summer in Europe (UK and France) and the US.

“W.E” tells two parallel love stories separated by more than six decades. Acclaimed actress Abbie Cornish (Sucker Punch, Bright Star, Elizabeth: The Golden Age) has been cast in the role of Wally Winthrop – a young married New Yorker in 1998 who is obsessed with what she perceives as the ultimate romantic love story, King Edward V111’s abdication for his love of Wallis Simpson. Andrea Riseborough has been cast in the role of Wallis Simpson. Riseborough is best known for her outstanding Bafta Nominated performance of Margaret Thatcher in the acclaimed BBC drama “The Long Walk to Finchley” and will soon be seen in Brighton Rock. British star James D’Arcy (Master and Commander, Secret Diary of a Call Girl) will play the part of Edward VIII. Wally Winthrop”s Russian love interest Evgeni will be played by rising star Oscar Isaac (Robin Hood, Sucker Punch) and her husband William will be played by Richard Coyle (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time). Art imitates life as the revered British acting dynasty provides father and son, James Fox (Sherlock Holmes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Bafta nominated A Passage to India, Bafta winner The Servant) and Laurence Fox (Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Becoming Jane) in the roles of King George V and his son, Bertie.

1936 England - Wallis Simpson, an American woman, captured the heart of King Edward VIII. Already divorced and married to her second husband when she met Edward, then the Prince of Wales in London, the two fell in love. However, once crowned, Edward was told by the Church and the Prime Minister that he could not marry Wallis and remain King… He abdicated, giving up the throne to be with the woman he loved. Once married and known as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, they lived out what many considered to be the romance of the century.

1998 N.Y - Wally Winthrop has a troubled past and moves to New York from the South to work in Sotheby’s Estate department. She gives up her job to marry a successful psychiatrist but the marriage is unhappy and Wally finds herself bored, frustrated and often alone. She seeks refuge in her obsession with what she believes to be the ultimate romantic love story, King Edward VIII ‘s abdication for his love of Wallis Simpson. When Wally discovers that there is going to be an auction of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor’s Estate at Sotheby’s, she takes the opportunity to return to her old hunting ground to try to understand the nature of the great love affair through the artifacts that once belonged to the couple. While at Sotheby’s, Wally meets Evgeni, a Russian security guard, with a mysterious past. As she immerses herself deeper into the love story of Wallis and Edward, while spending more time away from her marriage, she finds herself falling in love.

We travel back and forth in time with Wally and Wallis, two fragile but determined women whose lives become inextricably linked. However, as the story unravels it becomes apparent that Wallis Simpson’s life was not as perfect as Wally had thought.

The film will be produced by Colin Vaines (producer Coriolanus, exec producer London Boulevard, The Gangs of New York and The Young Victoria) with Executive Producers Kris Thykier (producer The Debt, Kick-Ass, Harry Brown, exec producer Stardust) and Nigel Wooll (exec producer Miss Potter, co-producer GI Jane, White Squall). The production team include Production Designer Martin Childs (Oscar Winner Shakespeare in Love, Oscar Nominated Quills, The Boy in Striped Pyjamas), Director of Photography, Hagen Bogdanski (The Lives of Others, The Young Victoria), Costume Designer, Arianne Phillips (Oscar Nominated Walk the Line, Bafta Nominated A Single Man) and Hair and Make Up Designer - Jenny Shircore (Oscar Winner Elizabeth, Bafta Winner and Oscar Nominated The Young Victoria).
http://www.madonna.com/news/title/we-press-release

Alek Keshishian was the director of the documentary "In Bed with Madonna" and also the videos of the songs "This Used To Be My Playground" and "I'll Remember." :wild:

I don't know why Madonna needs all the extraveggent (spelling) stuff in her shows; I'd be happy just having Madonna come out in a thong and bra singing. lol. She doesn't need to be so extravaggent.

I miss the old madonna. not the conservative, politically correct bullsht madonna. I want her to do anther album like Bedtime Stories

You forgot this one. It made for some GREAT TV. LOL she smokes a cigar.

:wild:

This interview was fun and very polemic. Madonna left David embarrased in some moments. :fear:

Oh Madonna.... :lol:

Madonna sort of boycotted appearing on Lettermans show for a few years after that appearance because she alleges that Dave encouraged her to be outrageous but afterward he apologized and acted as if it wasn't planned. Of course, they did makeup and she returned (not to mention did a MTV VMA skit).

Madonna sort of boycotted appearing on Lettermans show for a few years after that appearance because she alleges that Dave encouraged her to be outrageous but afterward he apologized and acted as if it wasn't planned. Of course, they did makeup and she returned (not to mention did a MTV VMA skit).
Yes.....

And....

The magazine Vanity Fair - american edition will be in its next edition (October) a rare picture of Madonna photographed by Herb Ritts, even in the 80s.

fanfairpeq.jpg

madf.png

Beautiful picture! :wild:

So who remembers watching Madonna's performances on Live Aid back in 1985? OMG I was almost 22.:wild: Her appearance was the highlight of that event for me, as well as Phil Collins' historic live London and Philly performances. I think it was my first time seeing Madonna perform live. She sang "Into The Groove", "Love Makes The World Go Round" and "Holiday". I still have the People magazine with the Live Aid stars on the cover.

PlNFSaq4hqSdryt.jpg

So who remembers watching Madonna's performances on Live Aid back in 1985? OMG I was almost 22.:wild: Her appearance was the highlight of that event for me, as well as Phil Collins' historic live London and Philly performances. I think it was my first time seeing Madonna perform live. She sang "Into The Groove", "Love Makes The World Go Round" and "Holiday". I still have the People magazine with the Live Aid stars on the cover.

PlNFSaq4hqSdryt.jpg
I have this magazine! :wild: It was so great! :punk:

I have Madonna's Playboy issue. They used the pics from when she was a nude model.

I knew it was inevitable, but I hate it that Madonna has reached the plateau in her career, where people and media start to forget or entirely ignore her talent and contributions and start asking - who's the next Madonna? Much like with MJ before he passed. I HATE IT!

The world is so ageist. All the doors that Gaga is being contributed for knocking down, were first knocked down with a bulldozer by the one and only Madonna. All the things these new upstarts are doing, she did and did it better. I know Madonna's career isn't over by a long shot, what with her still being a huge touring act, clothing lines, and directing movies, but I wish she got more credit for all that she has done. Unfortunately, I know that Madonna won't get the true admiration for her work until she's gone. :(

honestly I don't like Madonna, I don't say she's not talented but I don't like her as a person too much and I don't like most of her videos, I like a few older songs like Papa don't preach but other than that...

I knew it was inevitable, but I hate it that Madonna has reached the plateau in her career, where people and media start to forget or entirely ignore her talent and contributions and start asking - who's the next Madonna? Much like with MJ before he passed. I HATE IT!

The world is so ageist. All the doors that Gaga is being contributed for knocking down, were first knocked down with a bulldozer by the one and only Madonna. All the things these new upstarts are doing, she did and did it better. I know Madonna's career isn't over by a long shot, what with her still being a huge touring act, clothing lines, and directing movies, but I wish she got more credit for all that she has done. Unfortunately, I know that Madonna won't get the true admiration for her work until she's gone. :(

Like I said before I'm not the biggest Madonna fan but you are right about this. When Michael was alive I would go: "Why is it always the next MJ! While taking the credit away from him and not the next Madonna!" However it's very obvious that she is now next on their list. It will probably get worse from here on out and then when she dies everyone will praise her once again. Sad how predictable these things are becoming.

I completely agree.

Sadly, I think Madonna is also aware of this herself.

The powerful speech she delivered at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards: "...but it's important to appreciate things before they're....gone," seemed as though she wasn't only talking about Michael. She was telling us not to make that mistake again.

It makes me upset that we must be reminded to appreciate things and more often than not, when it's too late. We take so many things for granted.

I recently watched The Band Wagon (starring Fred Astaire) and was completely mesmerized. It felt like I was watching Michael and afterwards I was back in that "why did Michael have to die so soon?" mode. Just thought I'd share it in this thread.

Madonna has been filming her movie W.E. around Brooklyn and particularly in Williamsburg which is the next neighborhood over from mine (and where I used to live until 2 years ago). Here is a blurb from the gossip column in today's NY Daily News:

The crew working on Madonna's "W.E." got an Italian feast instead of craft services on Wednesday when Chef Vinny Accardi of Vertuccio's learned that the "Material Girl" and her crew were filming in his Williamsburg neighborhood. Accardi, who will soon be seen on Gordon Ramsay's reality-cook-off "Hell's Kitchen," had penne alla vodka, rigatoni Bolognese and signature brick oven pizzas delivered to a warehouse set on Metropolitan Ave. and Roebling St. That's where Madonna had begun filming after shooting scenes at a dive bar called Zablozski's on N. Sixth Street between Berry St. and Wythe Ave., complete with extras dressed like "heroin addicts" in fishnet stockings. Alas, we hear Madonna was too engrossed in her work to join the crew for dinner.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...k_goes_boating_director_comforts_sick_pa.html

And some photos:

http://media.community.madonna.com/_Madonna-filming-WE-in-Brooklyn/BLOG/2653805/119720.html

Madonna drinks Red Bull?

10-09-16-madonna-we-set-ny-01.jpg

Madonna has been filming her movie W.E. around Brooklyn and particularly in Williamsburg which is the next neighborhood over from mine (and where I used to live until 2 years ago). Here is a blurb from the gossip column in today's NY Daily News:

The crew working on Madonna's "W.E." got an Italian feast instead of craft services on Wednesday when Chef Vinny Accardi of Vertuccio's learned that the "Material Girl" and her crew were filming in his Williamsburg neighborhood. Accardi, who will soon be seen on Gordon Ramsay's reality-cook-off "Hell's Kitchen," had penne alla vodka, rigatoni Bolognese and signature brick oven pizzas delivered to a warehouse set on Metropolitan Ave. and Roebling St. That's where Madonna had begun filming after shooting scenes at a dive bar called Zablozski's on N. Sixth Street between Berry St. and Wythe Ave., complete with extras dressed like "heroin addicts" in fishnet stockings. Alas, we hear Madonna was too engrossed in her work to join the crew for dinner.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...k_goes_boating_director_comforts_sick_pa.html

And some photos:

http://media.community.madonna.com/_Madonna-filming-WE-in-Brooklyn/BLOG/2653805/119720.html

Madonna drinks Red Bull?

10-09-16-madonna-we-set-ny-01.jpg
:wild: :wild: :wild:

If you were living there yet, you might have seen the Queen of Pop! :wild:

In twitter... this fan has pictures and posted (twitter @kookoo1984), that person was watching Madonna filming NY:

Watching Madonna filming w.e blocks from my house! http://twitpic.com/2or5rw 6:14 PM Sep 15th via TweetDeck

image_thumb%5B7%5D.png
image%5B13%5D.png

And I could never imagine that Madonna took Red Bull. :lol:

And...........

Madonna in Lid Magazine (AbMad Exclusive)

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

Lid Magazine #11 is available for Pre-Sale.
This issue has early rare and beautiful photographs of Madonna by Curtis Knapp.
The photographer also tells his story of photographing Madonna for her first record release party.
There are several limited edition covers for this issue that will sell out fast.
Absolument Madonna got an exclusive first look…
Order your copy now…
http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/pos...lid-magazine-curtis-knapp-abmad-exclusive.php

20100909-1-madonna-lid-magazine-curtis-knapp-abmad-exclusive-01.jpg
20100909-1-madonna-lid-magazine-curtis-knapp-abmad-exclusive-02.jpg

Wonderful pictures! :wild:

And.....

PIX - Madonna Outtake by Steven Klein [HQ]

20100920-madonna-outtake-steven-klein.jpg

http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/en/2010/09/20/pix-madonna-outtake-by-steven-klein/

Hmmmmmmmmmm No photoshop? Well, I like this picture! :wild:

Last edited:

:wild: :wild: :wild:

If you were living there yet, you might have seen the Queen of Pop! :wild:

In twitter... this fan has pictures and posted (twitter @kookoo1984), that person was watching Madonna filming NY:

image_thumb%5B7%5D.png
image%5B13%5D.png

And I could never imagine that Madonna took Red Bull. :lol:

Would love to catch a glimpse of Madonna in person.

I didn't know she had directed a movie before. I thought this film she was working on now was her directorial debut.

Thanks for the twitpic!

Back