Become a Dot for Michael

I don't get it, is your name in the dot or something? Or you just symbolically represent a random dot in the portrait? A bit of a weird idea...!

I don't know yet what part I'll be in (#7833).

But what if there isn't enough dots to complete the portrait? :unsure: We have to spread the word.

wow. This is beautiful.. all of us pull together from across the globe. I'm glad you guys signed up,I can't wait to see the full portrait. I may buy the t-shirt,i think it does support charity as well..

one thing i dont understand.
this thing is getting a picture right? but dont we have to send our pics to someone? because the pic of michael consists of 1million pics of the fans, doesnt it?

At the top of the site the info. is being updated look and always check when you login.
http://www.michaeljacksontributeportrait.com/portraitupdate.php
it has updates right now. PLease check this link to see if 'your' has been added.
Just read the info. when you login on the red tabs.

for example:
Taken from site
1 Dot = 1 Person

You can be part of an official portrait of Michael Jackson. David Ilan is an internationally recognized pointillism artist, which means he draws using only dots. Every single hand-drawn dot David places on his canvas represents a real person. People have joined David's projects from over 150 countries. Every Michael Jackson fan is able to get a free hand-drawn dot added to the portrait in their name.At least one million fans will be needed to complete the drawing, so it’s important to spread the word!

David has explained his work of art like this:

All dots are created equal and all people are created equal. The dots are all the same size and each one is vital to the finished portrait. Each dot individually tells a story of one person, but when the dots work together, that is when the drawing is formed and a purpose is achieved. In essence, people are working together to create a drawing. Participants feel like they are part of a group - they are doing something important by joining; they are part of something bigger than them standing alone. It gives people a certain kind of strength knowing that they are important and necessary in the drawing. I don't add dots until people join (for free). Every dot is in someone's name and if that person did not join, a dot would not have been added.

Last edited:
At the top of the site the info. is being updated look and always check when you login.
http://www.michaeljacksontributeportrait.com/portraitupdate.php
it has updates right now. PLease check this link to see if 'your' has been added.
Just read the info. when you login on the red tabs.
but what i dont understand is what picture does the person use for the michael pic? he needs pcis from all the fans. but we were just able to upload a pic for our profile. will this be added to the michael pic?
i dont understand how this thing works..

but what i dont understand is what picture does the person use for the michael pic? he needs pcis from all the fans. but we were just able to upload a pic for our profile. will this be added to the michael pic?

david ilan doesn't use pictures, but dots for creating the portrait and each dot will represent a person :)

YOU represent YOURSELF by the DOT. Your Dot Number is YOU. If you look at the link at i gave you,You'll see the artist has already started to add People's personal numbered DOTS. The EYES,NOSE & HEART(Heart & surrounding areas saved 4 Michael & his Children)-and so on...etc. are already in play,to make this portrait. It is being Updated,so later you can Zoom in and see YOUR very special tribute dot That represents YOU. Perhaps considering your personal DOT number you will be in Mchaels EYE or his Nose or HIs hands... we will wait and see as the Artist continues to pull together Everyones Dot they contributed to this portrait of Michael.
As time goes on you check the updated tab on site and you'll see where YOU have helped make this piece of Art.
It's like this... People across the world are joining hands(DOTS)in one place(Portarit) for Michael.

Just read the info. provided at the site. Take Care :)

david ilan doesn't use pictures, but dots for creating the portrait and each dot will represent a person :)

Exactly. :)

I am dot 2613 I didn't know about the poster and shirts I am going to have a look now.

Julia

Back