The release of a second Single is Urgent now...

I think Sony/Estate don`t give a damn about this album and that`s preoccupying for MJ`s legacy

I think Sony/Estate don`t give a damn about this album and that`s preoccupying for MJ`s legacy
It might be a good thing. Imagine they see what the fans want, go through everything they've got and put out a killer album full of the outtakes we want to hear. Think of the 15 outtakes you can name (not leaked, snippet or full).

Just imagine all those on one album.

Anything but Monster... whichever side of the fence you sit on regarding it's authenticity, it's divisive and will only garner negative publicity.

Better to release the masterpiece Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight or Another Day.

Even better would be to release Slave To The Rhythm (Freemasons 2011 remix) woudl would be awesome (and no, it doesn't exist yet) :)

I agree.

I wish there is a second single, soon.. :timer:

Under normal circumstances, a 2nd single should have been released by now.

The fact there's so much controversy over some of the vocals, and the fact the album has tanked in the USA & UK, is a cause for concern.

I wouldn't be surprised if no more singles are released. IMO I think they should move onto the next project. Hopefully they don't f*ck it up like they did to this one

Hollywood Tonight WILL be the 2nd single. It'll be released to radio in February. There's a new single mix they are working on.

^^^^^

GREAT NEWS !!!

Will there be more singles?

I'll buy too.

HT is great.

AD and BTM should have single releases too.

Well if Hollywood is the next single, then they damn well better do it right compared to Hold My Hand because that was a failure. To this day, I have not heard the song on the radio, and have yet seen the video aired on music television

Michael Jackson's 'Michael' Album Sales Pale Next to 'This Is It'

A year ago this coming March, headlines across the country trumpeted the $200 million-plus recording deal the estate of Michael Jackson signed with Sony Music Entertainment. Encompassing 10 releases of Jackson music through 2017, the contract counted as its first release the double-CD "This Is It" soundtrack.

Released Oct. 26, 2009, "This Is It" sold 1.6 million units, according to Nielsen SoundScan. This, coupled with Jackson's superstar status and influential legacy, plus fans' seemingly insatiable appetite for all things Michael, the general consensus was that an album of previously unreleased MJ tracks would sell just as well.

But that doesn't seem to be the case. Released Dec. 14, "Michael" debuted and peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200. Meanwhile, lead single "Hold My Hand," featuring Akon, peaked at No. 39 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 33 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, selling 304,000, according to SoundScan. And while in its first five weeks "Michael" has sold a respectable -- especially in this industry climate -- 434,000, the figure pales next to that of "This Is It," which sold 890,000 in its first five weeks. "Vision," a three-DVD boxed set featuring 40 MJ videos, has sold well for a boxed set, moving 85,000 units since its Nov. 22 release.

"The overall response to 'Hold My Hand' surprised me," says Chuck Atkins, VP of programming for R&B station WNOV Milwaukee. "I thought top 40 and [R&B] would show it more love. But they left it up to urban AC, and that's just not enough to keep it alive." Adding that the controversy over Jackson's vocals had a negative impact, Atkins believes any future new Jackson songs will "suffer the same way."

Rhythmic AC WKTU New York PD Rob Miller says lack of exposure on many pop stations probably hurt sales efforts more than the debate over Jackson's voice. " 'Hold My Hand' sounds so different than the bulk of music playing on top 40 radio," he says. "But considering the circumstances, I think the album did good. If Michael had been able to tour, reconnect with his audience, the outcome would've been more significant."

Sources say Sony Music Entertainment shipped 3 million "Michael" albums worldwide, of which 900,000 were designated for the United States. The label's promotional efforts also included a global streaming album premiere on Facebook to Jackson's 26 million fans.

Based on the album's first five weeks of U.S. availability, however, Sony looks like it has an inventory liability problem on its hands. In its debut week ending Dec. 19, the album scanned nearly 228,000 units, followed by 150,000 the next week. But in subsequent weeks, its total sales have shrunk to 27,000 units, 18,000 units and then 11,000 units for the week ending Jan. 16. There hasn't been any word from Sony -- whose executives were unavailable for comment -- as to whether a new single is in the wings. But if the album doesn't generate another hit and the record keeps selling roughly 10,000 units per week, then the album has a nine-month supply in the marketplace, which might mean retailers could eventually start sending the label returns.

The liability may not be bad in the rest of the world because Jackson is more popular there than in the United States.

Currently in the pipeline are several more Jackson projects. Ubisoft, publisher of the popular game "Just Dance," follows its Nov. 23 release of "Michael Jackson: The Experience" for the Wii with a Kinect version for Xbox 360 and PlayStation. The two versions will roll out April 12 in North America and April 14 in Europe, the Middle East and Asian territories; a Japan release date is slated for later this year. According to Ubisoft brand manager Andy Simpson, the Kinect version's "innovative camera technology captures the players and puts them in the Michael Jackson universe on their TV screens."

On Oct. 2 is the launch of Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour in Montreal, a Cirque du Soleil production based on Jackson's music and career. Jackson estate co-executors John McLain and John Branca, the latter of whom was also unavailable for comment, announced the partnership last May. Additional stops also include Los Angeles and New York. Reggie Lyons, who handles publicity for the tour, says additional dates will be released once they're confirmed. A permanent show, staged in Las Vegas, is scheduled to open in 2013.

A reissue of Jackson's seminal 1979 Epic album, "Off the Wall," was reported last year as another project slated for 2011. But a formal release date hasn't been announced.

http://www.billboard.com/news/micha...n-s-michael-album-sales-pale-1004139871.story

^This article is just talking about the sales in the US right? I think they should look at the overall sales. (world) Hold My Hand should have been played more on regular stations like everyone else. I have not heard it on the radio once where I live.

^ I've heard it on 104.5 Chum FM Toronto, Z103.5FM Toronto, and B101FM in Barrie. Probably a combined total of 15 times.

Heard it ONCE here, and I'm sort of a daily listener to the radio while I'm working, but this was late at night in the car when they were probably playing satellite from some bigger city.

According to Riley's twitter, they aren't using his mix because Tarryl is in it.

Don't know how true that is, but I'd understand why they'd take that step.

HMH did extremely well in the UK and is still in the top 40. But the album suffered from the lack of promotion, the controversy over the vocals, and a lot of people in the UK refused to buy it as they felt it was a cash in. A second single should hopefully pick up some steam for the album again.

I hope the estate will have learned from the mistakes they've made with this album.

´would prefer Another day with first leaked version as "B-side":) and nothing else anymore! sony shouldn´t destroy more as they already did!:no:

According to Riley's twitter, they aren't using his mix because Tarryl is in it.

Don't know how true that is, but I'd understand why they'd take that step.
Interesting. Could you post the tweets from Teddy regarding?

What a dumbass comment.

Sony should not have put 'questionable' songs on the album in the first place. That's what caused the whirlwind of negativity that surrounds the album.

This. And I can't help but wonder if some people judged the CD by its horrible cover. I mean it's Michael Jackson looking glum with a crown and some cherubs hovering around? And it's MJ circa 25 years ago, too. What impression does that give about the songs? Past hits or maybe 25-year old rejects?

This. And I can't help but wonder if some people judged the CD by its horrible cover. I mean it's Michael Jackson looking glum with a crown and some cherubs hovering around? And it's MJ circa 25 years ago, too. What impression does that give about the songs? Past hits or maybe 25-year old rejects?

I agree with you about the cover. It's better suited for a Greatest Hits collection not this album. There are SO many other immages they could have used. Sony's/the Estate's entire approach to this project is completely baffling (and frustrating) so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the second single and video.

No, your only problem will be that everyone else will think you are crazy because everyone else can hear Elvis singing.
:clapping:

Anywho, I am guessing there won't be a new single from this album because it's gotten a lot of negative publicity. On the other hand, I do think it would be good to release a second single to hopefully gain positive publicity. Problem is, I don't think any of the other songs would make good singles since they are practically unfinished...IMO.

I actually like the instrumental music in the background of the spoken-word part. That bassline is so good, just take out Taryll's cringeful rap and leave the backing music as it is. It'd sound better like that.

So, like usual fans are still moaning and HT isn't even a Cascio song. Yup, if it ain't the Cascio tracks, folk will find something else to moan about. It never fails.

So, like usual fans are still moaning and HT isn't even a Cascio song. Yup, if it ain't the Cascio tracks, folk will find something else to moan about. It never fails.
LOL....I love Hollywood Tonight. And I love the rap. But that's because I love Taryll. :lol:

Thread cleaned. Please, this thread is not about the authenticity of the tracks. I understand it's a huge part of this album, but there are designated threads for that which you can (and are) discuss it in.
Secondly, nobody wants to read arguing, petty insults. Please, think about that...

Back