Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate Thread (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Keep Your Head Up - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

What about on the This is It extra 'Meet the vocalists' when Michael sings Dont Stop Till You Get Enough effortlessly.

My post in response to the 'Stay' video - Why was it removed??

Love the video posted by MichaelJacksonOne. The song isnt too bad.
Would be better if it was actually Michael singing. :\

i was listening to wbss from TII soundtrack earlier today. THAT is what mj sounds like on a demo--choppy/unsure lyrics, beat box, sounding like, uhhh, himself. To think he'd have 12 COMPLETE tracks (doesn't fudge a single word, doesn't use words that he'd normally use to ad-lib or fill in, no talking on the track, no laughing, nothing) that sound like they do? is honestly ridiculous.

The cascio tracks can't be demos. They would have to just be complete, unreleased tracks. And to think mj would have 12 of those, over 4 months time, that sound nothing like him is hard for me to accept (actually, impossible for me to accept). Especially when his other complete, unreleased tracks (sttr, blue gangsta, escape) are insanely good, and the cascio tracks are total boring BS. sung by an impostor. stop underestimating Michael, he's the king.

and truly, i hear not a single iota of Michael Jackson in stay/carry on. it's just crazy.

I'm not trying to make people mad, i'm just trying to explain my position more clearly, and voice my frustration for this situation. I am FURIOUS at the situation--but bear no ill will towards any fans b/c, we are, after all the best fans in the world. always have been -- always will be. we love our man :)

^^ Well said!

i heard stay for the first time this morning. it reminded me the feeling i had when i first heard breaking news streamed from mj.com.

to prevent myself from feeling gutted again, i should stay away any song related to the cascio recording session.

there must be something wrong withthe cascio tracks. when i heard blue gangster and dykwyca the first time, i felt turned on. i had goosebumps. i'm addicted to blue gangster. yet, when i heard stay, i felt turned off.

^ I think you're thrown off by the autotune. It automatically starts off with really awkward pitch correction.

Didn't Sony say BN was 50% James Porte? You can hear him clearly at 2:12 in Stay and that is not the voice in BN or the other Cascio tracks.

The vocals sound absolutely nothing like James Porte

^It's not necessary the autotune that threw me off. As long as they don't autotune the vocalist's vocals to something that sound robotic, I'm okay.

Stay is a decent song. If I turn on the radio and hear Stay without knowing who sang the song, I probably would enjoy it. But, if the name Michael Jackson is attached to it, then it's another story.

To me, the vocals don't sound like Michael's vocals at all. The vocals are flat, weak and emotionless. There was no spark.

You can say I'm spoiled by Michael. I do have a higher expectation from Michael's music. Michael Jackson was able to sing better than most vocalists since he was a child. The way he sang Who's Lovin' You gives me goosebumps every time. He was only 10 years old when he sang that song. The way he conveyed emotion is superior than most others. The singing technique he had is superior than most others.

How can Michael Jackson, one of the best vocalists ever graced the world, sound so mediocre in songs like Stay?

I'm using my logic here. A child prodigy, a perfectionist, a consumated artist who never lost any of his ability till his last day on earth. Michael Jackson never sounds as bad. Just because Sony and/or the Cascios attached his name to a song doesn't make it a Michael Jackson song.

^ I actually think he sounds very beautiful on Stay. Just because he's not singing it like it's his last performance on Earth, from the deepest feelings in his heart, doesn't mean it's not him. I actually feel quite a lot of power in these songs, so we obviously disagree on that.

^^ I'd say it's better :cheeky:

Didn't Sony say BN was 50% James Porte? You can hear him clearly at 2:12 in Stay and that is not the voice in BN or the other Cascio tracks.

No, Sony didn't say that. And it's around 2:14, and it sounds like the voice that says "Jackson" on BN.

Last edited:

No, Sony didn't say that. And it's around 2:14, and it sounds like the voice that says "Jackson" on BN.

Yes. The same voice. Just doesn't sound anything like Michael Jackson's voice, unfortunately.

In my opinion, of course.

Here's an acapella I made by knocking out the vocals from the instrumental ForceStudios made:

http://www.box.net/shared/840h157hjn

The choruses and ending of the acapella isn't as clear as the main verses, because of the way the instrumental was made. Because of the differences of the instrumental and the studio version not everything is knocked out.

The first line has some background vocal which only sings "she's lookin' for a job" I also find the pronunciation of "restoreant" to be strange. I also don't like how the the song is mixed and layered with the overlapping of verses. It makes it hard for someone to sing this song...

And about Porte, his voice in his own Exotic Dancer song is nothing like the Cascio tracks. They've probably been autotuned and multitracked and sound nearly identical to the background vocals in Jason's songs. In Exotic Dancer his voice is very similar to Jason Malachi but he doesn't do any vibrato at all.

Just my own opinion...

Anybody got a link to Exotic Dancer, I know it was on youtube for a bit, but my search efforts have failed. When I heard it, it didn't sound very similar to Malachi, well to me anyway.

Definately my favourite Jason Malachi track on the album.

Anybody got a link to Exotic Dancer, I know it was on youtube for a bit, but my search efforts have failed. When I heard it, it didn't sound very similar to Malachi, well to me anyway.
HQ: http://www.mediafire.com/?a4q8kyimjjyx2po

Sounds NOTHING like Jason Malachi OR Michael Jackson at all.

Here's an acapella I made by knocking out the vocals from the instrumental ForceStudios made:

http://www.box.net/shared/840h157hjn

The choruses and ending of the acapella isn't as clear as the main verses, because of the way the instrumental was made. Because of the differences of the instrumental and the studio version not everything is knocked out.

The first line has some background vocal which only sings "she's lookin' for a job" I also find the pronunciation of "restoreant" to be strange. I also don't like how the the song is mixed and layered with the overlapping of verses. It makes it hard for someone to sing this song...

And about Porte, his voice in his own Exotic Dancer song is nothing like the Cascio tracks. They've probably been autotuned and multitracked and sound nearly identical to the background vocals in Jason's songs. In Exotic Dancer his voice is very similar to Jason Malachi but he doesn't do any vibrato at all.

Just my own opinion...
Thanks for this. Would it be possible for you to do the same thing for Monster?

It would now seem this thread is now defunct as there has not been any responses in over two weeks.

Therefore this thread is now closed.

Please take your discussion to the remaining two threads that are open and free for you to use.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back