Prince Jackson Announces LMU Heal LA In Dedication To His Father And HTWF

CwZLKtXVIAAYR_B.jpg

https://twitter.com/heallosangeles

Heal Los Angeles ?@heallosangeles 13. Nov.

December 5th, is the last day to donate to our Christmas event. Let's keep on sharing our GoFundMe link! Thank you everyone!

#HEALLA ?????

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Roboto, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">How Prince Michael Jackson Is Carrying on Late Dad’s Legacy

</header>

prince-jackson-510x600.jpg
<iframe id="ox_8618686440_538541288" name="ox_8618686440_538541288" width="728" height="90" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" style="box-sizing: border-box;"></iframe>
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]Getty

[/COLOR]
It’s been seven years since Michael Jackson passed away, but his eldest son, Prince, is keeping his memory alive. On Monday, Prince Michael Jackson sat down with “Extra’s” Mario Lopez for a rare one-on-one interview at Universal Studios Hollywood, where he opened up about life with the pop star and how he is carrying on his legacy.
Prince, a student at Loyola Marymount University, told Mario he is part of a student organization at school called “Heal LA,” based off his dad’s “Heal the World” organization. “It’s a student service organization at Loyola Marymount University. My friend John Muto wanted to start a service organization in which we honor my father. That’s why we took it from ‘Heal the World’ and we call it 'Heal LA' so we can start locally and hopefully spread it around.” The group focuses on “Homeless in Los Angeles, child abuse, and child hunger.”

There's a video of Prince's on the Extra Website. See Link Below:

http://extratv.com/2016/11/21/how-prince-michael-jackson-is-carrying-on-late-dads-legacy/

3AA33E7800000578-3959256-image-m-28_1479778400207.jpg

<iframe id="kaltura_player_0_mieydgn0_ifp" scrolling="no" name="kaltura_player_0_mieydgn0_ifp" class="mwEmbedKalturaIframe" aria-labelledby="Player kaltura_player_0_mieydgn0" aria-describedby="The Kaltura Dynamic Video Player" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; bottom: 0px; height: 469.688px; width: 755px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;"></iframe>The 19-year-old is enjoying his time as a college student. “I love it, I take very interesting classes, I take very challenging classes; there’re pros and cons to both, I think I’m learning a lot.” He actually met his girlfriend on the first day of convocation at school.

Prince, not only going to school and lending his time to charity work, he also recently started a production company, King’s Son Productions. He shared, “It’s a little homage to my dad, we try to focus on bringing back the long form of storytelling in music videos.”

As for his favorite songs by his legendary dad, Prince said, “I have memories associated with songs.” He revealed his top three, saying, “'Billy Jean,' ‘Thriller,' and 'You are Not Alone.’” Though he grew up with one of the biggest pop stars of all time, Prince reiterated that Michael was just dad. “To me it wasn’t different - he was my dad and he was just like everybody else’s dad.”
Prince Michael is also working on something big for the Christmas season with Heal Los Angeles, and explained that folks can go to their Twitter page and access their GoFundMe account to donate funds to Heal Los Angeles’s Boys and Girls Club event.

Last edited:
TJ Jackson ?@tjjackson
TJ Jackson ExtraTV retweetet

So proud of you Prince! Keep making a difference in this world. / #heallosangeles

+ some behind the scenes at the universal studios

EXCLUSIVE: Prince Jackson on Following in Dad Michael Jackson's Footsteps and the Importance of Giving Back

Video: http://www.etonline.com/news/203609..._footsteps_and_the_importance_of_giving_back/

ET caught up with Michael Jackson's eldest child, Prince Jackson, who is already walking in his late father's footsteps when it comes to both show business and philanthropy.

"Everybody thought I would do music or be a dancer," Jackson told ET's Nischelle Turner on Wednesday. "I can't do either. I do enjoy film. I do enjoy that business a lot."

WATCH: Prince Jackson Celebrates Dad Michael Jackson's 58th Birthday With Touching Sonnet

Bucking family tradition, Jackson's primary talents in showbiz seem to lie behind the camera. As a producer, he's done music videos for rapper Omer Bhatti and the Sco Triplets through his company, King's Son Productions, and he revealed that he looks to his father's seminal videos for inspiration.

"I like to study and see the little things that they could have done to make it better, or what they did to make it better and stand out from among the rest," Jackson, 19, said. "I think 'Smooth Criminal' [is my favorite]. Or 'Thriller' might be my favorite, because the magnitude and the size it had."

On the philanthropic side, Jackson co-founded the organization Heal Los Angeles, which supports families in the L.A. area with a focus on ending child abuse, homelessness and hunger.

"I'm trying to continue his work in helping children, helping homelessness and helping hunger," Jackson said. "That's what we really focus on with Heal LA, but we focus on a more local base."

Born in 1997, Jackson wasn't around when his father's most groundbreaking works were just taking over the airwaves, so his greatest memories of his dad have nothing to do with the King of Pop persona that the world fell in love with.

Jackson said the most normal thing about his dad was watching him "trying to cook."

"He would make Daddy bread," Jackson said. "I didn't really know what it was until recently. It was really like French toast."

Jackson was 12 years old when his father died in 2009. After getting over the initial shock and grieving process, Jackson said that he was able to step out in public as his own man because of the way his dad helped him prepare for the media.

"[His best advice] would be, 'Do not trust anyone at face value,'" Jackson said. "You need to verify exactly what it is."

WATCH: Debbie Rowe Says Daughter Paris Jackson Gives Her 'a Reason to Get Up' Each Morning Amid Cancer Battle

Now, as a sophomore at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, Prince, in many ways, is just a typical college student who cherishes his privacy.

"I don't think I'd ever go down the road with a reality series," he said. "I like to keep everything private, because there's been so much of my young life that wasn't private. I like to cherish what I'm able to."

Right now, he's cherishing his relationship with a special lady in his life.

"We've been together since college started," Jackson said through a smile, remaining mum on any specific details.

While it's unclear if he'll be spending time with his girlfriend during the holidays, Jackson confirmed that he will be getting together with his family.

"My dad used to always say around this time, 'Be thankful for what you have, because some people don't have it,'" Jackson said.

To contribute to Heal Los Angeles, visit them on Twitter (@heallosangeles) or check out their Go Fund Me page here.

CyCpbeJXAAARh0z.jpg

Prince Jackson &#8207;@princemjjjaxon
No thank you it was a lot of fun
Nischelle Turner@nischelleturner
Hey @princemjjjaxon! Thanks for hanging with me today and talking about your father,&#8230; https://www.instagram.com/p/BNKqe3Rj_d7/

Heal Los Angeles ?@heallosangeles 27. Nov.

We are only $189 away from reaching $6,000! Let's continue to donate and share the GoFundMe!

We are 1?9 days away !!!

#HEALLA ???

I donated to this earlier and I'm glad I did. Their doing wonderful work and Prince is an amazing young man. I wish them much success.

Heal Los Angeles ?@heallosangeles

Tonight we are wrapping 360 toys that we got from @Mattel and will be delivering it to the @raisefoundation.

Thank you @LALoyolan for this great article on us! We appreciate it! We are looking forward to making @LoyolaMarymount proud! #HEALLA ???
CyiKwb8UcAACWRe.jpg

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I'm glad I donated. :trytobeangel

Tonight we are wrapping 360 toys that we got from @Mattel and will be delivering it to the @raisefoundation.

Thank you @LALoyolan for this great article on us! We appreciate it! We are looking forward to making @LoyolaMarymount proud! #HEALLA ???
CyiKwb8UcAACWRe.jpg

Last edited:
ANOTHER great interview with Prince. Could he give better answers than this??? I'm just amazed-he is exactly how I pictured those kids always would be-I LOVE THIS.

Wrapped 360 toys and now it will be going to the @raisefoundation. Thank you @Mattel for donating the toys! #MattelGives #HEALLA

Cyy34FZVEAEcYqL.jpg

We end today only $1,345 away from our $10,000 goal. Tomorrow will be the last day for donation. We WILL get to our goal by tomorrow!

...as for now it's only $ 930

Beautiful!!!! :clapping::dance2:
heal los angeles ?@heallosangeles

wrapped 360 toys and now it will be going to the @raisefoundation. Thank you @mattel for donating the toys! #mattelgives #healla

Cyy34FZVEAEcYqL.jpg

princejackson
There will be more pics coming out but to the people who donated thank you so much you really helped make these kids year and it's hard to see in the photo but the decorations and characters were amazing @heallosangeles

Czz6bDBWgAEqHt9.jpg

@heallosangeles and @princemjjjaxon putting the last pieces together for their first annual Holiday Celebration at the @BGCA_Clubs #HealLA
CzxlAiKUkAAJWaV.jpg

Heal Los Angeles retweetet
Consuela ?@_ovohoney
So my mom doesn't have a comfortable bed and has been complaining about it so my brother asked Prince Jackson to get her one and he did
CzxhXm8VIAAzea3.jpg

prince-jackson.jpg

http://people.com/music/prince-michael-jackson-remembers-father-michael-jackson/

Prince Michael Jackson Reflects on His Late Father Michael: &#8216;He Showed Me What It Is to Be a Man&#8217;

Michael Jackson&#8216;s son is thrilled to be carrying on the late icon&#8217;s legacy.

On Thursday night, Prince Michael (born Michael Joseph Jackson Jr.) and Heal LA &#8212; the student organization for volunteering he works with at Loyala Marymount University, where he&#8217;s a sophomore &#8212; hosted their first annual Christmas Celebration at the Boys & Girls Club, Los Angeles Harbor.

Now 19, the legendary musician&#8217;s son opened up about how his father influenced the man he&#8217;s become, and also inspired his philanthropic pursuits.

&#8220;He taught me what it is to be a man; he showed me what it is to be a father,&#8221; Jackson tells PEOPLE of his dad. &#8220;For me, [I want] to pass that on to my kids, or to help someone else who has kids. My cousin TJ [Jackson]&#8217;s kids, I treat them as if they were my kids. I have fun with them, I love watching them. That being said, I do hype them up, and they do get wild around me, but I think that would probably be the way to continue the teachings.&#8221;

As for his own passion for giving back, &#8220;That is something that my dad always did, and he instilled that in me and my siblings to keep doing it,&#8221; Jackson says. &#8220;I think it&#8217;s just the way that I was raised, honestly.&#8221;

Indeed, Jackson remembers the impact his father had on others and the joy he shared.

&#8220;I do have a memory: He had taken us to a hospital for children, and I remember that they were very sick. But when he walked into the room it lit up. All of the kids got happy.&#8221;

As for the new campus organization&#8217;s roots, Jackson says it came together organically&#8212;with a serendipitous touch of his father.

&#8220;I met the president [of Heal LA], and he said that he was a big fan of my dad; that my dad had inspired him to pursue a career in nonprofits and that he wanted to get started with a program, a service organization, on the Loyola Marymount campus. It would be called &#8216;Heal LA&#8217; inspired by [the Jackson song] &#8216;Heal the World.&#8217; Because one of my dad&#8217;s main focuses was children and hunger &#8212; and homelessness was another big thing &#8212; we decided to focus on that. But because we are only based in L.A., we decided that we were going to call it &#8216;Heal LA&#8217; in the hopes that we could start a ripple that could spread.&#8221;

Adds Jackson: &#8220;The more I do stuff like this, the more I realize how much of me it is, how big a part of me it is.&#8221;

Jackson&#8217;s father died of cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009, leaving behind Prince Michael and his siblings, sister Paris Jackson, 18, and Prince Michael &#8220;Blanket&#8221; Jackson II, 14.

What an amazing young man he's becoming. His father would be so proud.

Our Christmas event was amazing! The kids and teens had a great time! We hope we made a true difference to all the club members! #HEALLA
Cz8a3_HXEAQq635.jpg

Cz8azRMXUAAVKqo.jpg
Cz8ar0CXgAgGyzV.jpg

Cz8ar7nXAAACnsw.jpg
Cz8agKxW8AEGoIl.jpg

Cz5IPxSXcAEY-kh.jpg

nischelleturner The things @princejackson and I end up doing every time I see him! LOL Let me say this, Michael Jackson and the entire Jackson family have done a helluva job with this one! Tonight on @entertainmenttonight see how, at 19, he's already got the "pay it forward" mentality!

Last edited:
Following in his late father Michael Jackson&#8217;s philanthropic footsteps, Prince Jackson has now started his own charity, Heal Los Angeles. The 19-year-old speaks with Access Hollywood's Alex Hudgens about being inspired by his music icon dad, and shares a touching letter from one of the children he's helping.
Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/vide...pired-him-to-help-others/#vITDSSFoRD5pbS22.99

Video: http://www.accesshollywood.com/vide...-his-late-father-inspired-him-to-help-others/

You just want to give Prince a big hug...:better:
:yes:

https://twitter.com/heallosangeles/status/810777694761689088

Tonight we made sandwiches for our Peanut Butter Project where we will be distributing them to the homeless throughout LA. #HEALLA
C3jO3HUVUAAsMXF.jpg

Prince Jackson, just like his father, is one of those people who makes you hope
the world
can become a BETTER place.
:angel:

C3jO3HUVUAAsMXF.jpg

Last edited:
Heal Los Angeles ?@heallosangeles 4. Feb.

Big thanks to @LMUHospitality and @CocaCola and @rdennis2 for donating all the soft drinks for our Peanut Butter Project! #HEALLA ??

C32UzjZUYAAhD7t.jpg

C4rj80BUMAAr8gy.jpg

Tonight we made 500 sandwiches for our second Peanut Butter Project! Can't wait to pass them out at Skid Row!

C4-aJeiUMAA3_rT.jpg

Skid Row in downtown LA is home to 17,740 homeless people. For our 2nd Peanut Butter Project, we handed out 500 sandwiches and soft drinks.

Back