D.A wants Murray to pay $100 Million to MJs kids

Vici

Proud Member
Prosecutors in the Conrad Murray manslaughter case are asking Judge Michael Pastor to order the doc to pay Michael Jackson's children more than $100 million for their loss.

According to new court docs filed by the D.A., Michael Jackson's kids are "entitled to wages or profits lost due to injury incurred by the victim."

Prosecutors say MJ's 3 kids are victims under the law, and are entitled to restitution from Dr. Murray ... which include wages, lost profits and funeral expense. The D.A. cites a letter from the MJ Estate, estimating Michael would have made $100 million in revenue from the "This Is It" tour.

As we first reported, the D.A. is also seeking the maximum punishment -- 4 years in State Prison. The D.A. says they are seeking the max because Murray was "risking Mr. Jackson's life every night by administering Propofol." And the D.A. says, MJ was a "particularly vulnerable victim." And the D.A. says, Murray lied and covered-up his crime.

See attached document: http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1123_murray.pdf

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/23/conra...dollas-michael-jacksdon-kids/#comments-anchor

Last edited:
Re: D.A wants Murray to pay $100 to MJs kids

Hmmm... interesting if true. Except, the title says $100, not $100M. Should correct that.

Hmmm... interesting if true. Except, the title says $100, not $100M. Should correct that.

It is true, see a link to document I posted there as well

plus ive asked the mods to change the title.. :)

Great move DA! Though it's highly unlikely that Murray has $1 Million to spare per kid, let alone $100 Million. What this might guarantee is Murray being broke for life, because I'm sure he will be asked to pay some amount to Michael's children.

https://twitter.com/#!/abc7MurrayTrial
abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Prosecutor are asking that Dr. Murray be sentenced to the maximum of 4 years in prison and pay restitution of nearly $102 million.
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Defense attorneys have just filed their sentencing memorandum in the Conrad Murray case asking the judge to sentence him to probation only.
3 minutes ago

42348104.png

32869450.png

68387724.png

63990085.png

Yes, I have seen it now. I just saw TMZ and well, you know how they are, but now more reputable sources are reporting the same, and the documents speak for themselves. I hope this guarantees Murray will be broke for life. It's only fair that the kids get some sort of restitution...the loss they have suffered is truly too great for words.

I think its more the principle and I doubt the judge will award that amount - but anything is possible

The children are set for life - BUT my question is if MJ estate paid all these bills will the monies do directly
into the childrens trust fund or paid to the children directly which will be managaed by the Jackson family.

"he D.A. cites a letter from the MJ Estate, estimating Michael would have made $100 million in revenue from the "This Is It" tour. " Plus 1,821,871,65. It seems there's someone trying to milk in more money from MJ death. Too bad Murray does not have that money. Not even 1 million, not to mention 100m. Fortunately the children do not need a penny. With all the profits coming from the sale of MJ related products, including This is It DVD, his back catalog, they are financially well for the rest of their lives.

I really hope that the judge awards restitution to the children. A maximum of 4 years will never be enough for what Murray did, I doubt if Murray could ever pay anywhere close to $102 million but restitution could ensure that he never profits from his crime.

I love the way Walgren is fighting for MJ.. He even mentioned he wanted the max because Murray risked MJ's life every single night by administering that stuff.. Murray was playing russian roulette with a very vulnerable man.

This is an attempt to make sure Murray does not make a cent from what he did. It may not be 100 million dollars but whatever it is I can assure you he won't be able to pay

I really hope that the judge awards restitution to the children. A maximum of 4 years will never be enough for what Murray did, I doubt if Murray could ever pay anywhere close to $102 million but restitution could ensure that he never profits from his crime.

I agree he may not have any money to pay a 100 million, but it will stop him from trying to use mj to make money, which I suspect Murray may be inking deals and selling more tv interview.
Murray show no remorse over his action and still continue to lay blame over mj dead body.

Personally, I don't see why Murray should get probation. If they allow him probation, than to me, that means that he can continue to give interviews and blame everything on Michael again and again, although he probably will talk about Michael anyway whether he goes to prison or not. But still, Michael's family does not deserve to have Michael's death dragged up in the media forever whenever Murray needs a quick million dollars. It's not fair. This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:
I trust the judge Pastor. I'm sure he will say :" You are not allowed to work as a doctor anymore, you are not allowed to profit of your crime, no interviews or DOCUMENTARY.

Every penny you will earn after your jail time, will go straight to the Estate of Michael Jackson for his 3 kids.

Enjoy your time jail, bye!"

Realistically is that going to happen, no, but I do hope some restitution is given to the children. I read the doc in full, and you can simply tell by the language in it that this is not just simply a case for the Deputy DA-David Walgren is so passionate about getting true justice here. We'll just have to wait and see.

The judgement for awarding the children the loss of their daddy must be sufficient of an amount so that Murray can never make money from his crime. In the future if Murray then considers an interview or any participation of anything to do with MJ he will make nothing if he has to continue paying his debt to them.
Probation must not ever be considered. I am not really expecting the full 4 years in prison but possibly 2 years would be some kind of compromise? He must never be allowed to practice medicine again - he gave up that right through his despicale actions.

Yes its about making sure murray never profits. 100mil is based on tii tour its not likely pastor will go with that. but as long as its a large enough amount to make sure he never profits. thats what matters.

probation will not happen we dont have to worry about that. is that all the defence are asking for? havnt got time to read the filings yet. he couldnt even get bail.

The docu imo will insure four years is given imo. showing no remorse dening what u have done is a key to sentencing

That documentary was the worst thing Murray could have done. No remorse, blames Michael, and this will be a massive factor in the sentencing.

That documentary was the worst thing Murray could have done. No remorse, blames Michael, and this will be a massive factor in the sentencing.

yep and according to the AP, Walgren sent a DVD to Pastor of Murray saying he doesn't feel guilty and the part where he says he was 'entrapped' by MJ. That won't go over well at all with Pastor.

This is an attempt to make sure Murray does not make a cent from what he did. It may not be 100 million dollars but whatever it is I can assure you he won't be able to pay
As long as Murray doesn't make any money whatsoever that's all I want
I agree he may not have any money to pay a 100 million, but it will stop him from trying to use mj to make money, which I suspect Murray may be inking deals and selling more tv interview.
Murray show no remorse over his action and still continue to lay blame over mj dead body.
exactly it's about Murray not making a single penny from this crime EVER AGAIN

Realistically is that going to happen, no, but I do hope some restitution is given to the children. I read the doc in full, and you can simply tell by the language in it that this is not just simply a case for the Deputy DA-David Walgren is so passionate about getting true justice here. We'll just have to wait and see.
I knew I fell in love with the right man, go Walgren. I love you hottest hunk on this planet!!
Yes its about making sure murray never profits. 100mil is based on tii tour its not likely pastor will go with that. but as long as its a large enough amount to make sure he never profits. thats what matters.

probation will not happen we dont have to worry about that. is that all the defence are asking for? havnt got time to read the filings yet. he couldnt even get bail.
yeah let's hope he doesn't get probation or house arrest etc. All that matters is that Walgren makes sure Murray is doomed 4 life.

Back