Eminem

It's funny that you said Eminem just does things to shock people. Yet I kinda recall you calling Marilyn Manson untalented for doing the exact same thing. Hmm. I mean, whatever, you're entitled to your opinion but I just don't understand how Eminem can shock people and be considered talented but Marilyn Manson (who can actually play instruments, compose music, and write well articulated lyrics) is considered untalented.

Well being religious its should be quite obvious to you that i wouldnt like it if someone decided to rip up the bible onstage.
Saying a few words about someone is one thing...ripping up the holy bible is another, but i wouldve thought that went without saying.

Hi Benedict. Nice to meet you.

Actually, MM is religious. He's an actual ordained reverend of the Church of Satan. Satanism is a religion. That makes him religious. He's also stated that from time to time that he believes in God. He pretty much talks and sings about nothing but religion so I think that makes him pretty religious.

Hi Benedict. Nice to meet you.

Actually, MM is religious. He's an actual ordained reverend of the Church of Satan. Satanism is a religion. That makes him religious. He's also stated that from time to time that he believes in God. He pretty much talks and sings about nothing but religion so I think that makes him pretty religious.

Well then there ya go. He isnt religious if he worships Satan.

Last edited:
Yes he is. If you're trying to say to be religious you have to be Christian, then that's really prejudicial of you. He's a reverend. How much more religious can you get without being the pope?

Yes he is. If you're trying to say to be religious you have to be Christian, then that's really prejudicial of you. He's a reverend. How much more religious can you get without being the pope?

*sigh*
I didnt say you cant be religious if you arent a Christian. Did you wake up in a bad mood or something? lol
I said you cant be considered religious if you worship Satan. Read what i write - it will do us both some good.

Levayan Satanists (which Manson is a reverend of) do not worship Satan. As Satanism is a religion I don't see how someone who practices that religion can't be religious. Read what I write too. A reverend of any religion should be considered religious, right?

Last edited:
i wish someone as famous will make a absolutely low class disgusting music video of one of the poster's god, elvis presley and see what is her reaction to it. :)

Last edited:
i wish someone as famous will make a absolutely low class disgusting music video of one of the poster's god, elvis presley and see what is her reaction to it. :)

He already did. You might know that if you cared about more than the fact that he parodied Michael. Just Lose It was regular ground for Eminem, the only difference in my mind being that he did it at an awful time; that was wrong. Otherwise, it'd be hypocritical to get bent out of shape over it. I notice that there are way more complaints here about Just Lose It than there are complaints about the much, much, much, much worse stuff he has said. Maybe now that I've said this, there'll be more posts talking about the other stuff to prove me wrong, but that doesn't alter the observation up to this point. Very telling. Not that there wouldn't be some who hated him anyway, but overall, I'm very confident that the outlook of this thread would be much different if MJ and Em were BFFs and Michael referred people to his music, which is sort of sad. A lot more would listen to his albums, and he'd miraculously become more talented.

I said you cant be considered religious if you worship Satan. Read what i write - it will do us both some good.

1. Yes you can. Look at the definition of "religion."

2. Satanists don't believe in Satan.

Oh, and I'm not a Satanist lol. I think they're attention-seeking (why do you think they're called "Satanists" even though they don't literally worship Satan?), depressing fools, personally. All the same, I think Marilyn Manson is a fine artist because I like a lot of his music, and that's really what matters.

*sigh*
I didnt say you cant be religious if you arent a Christian. Did you wake up in a bad mood or something? lol

Satanists don't worship Satan, though. -_-

Levayan Satanists (which Manson is a reverend of) do not worship Satan. As Satanism is a religion I don't see how someone who practices that religion can't be religious. Read what I write too. A reverend of any religion should be considered religious, right?

No. Not of satanism. But whatever it dosent matter to me if you think so or not - i dont know why u wanna start this in this thread...guess u have ur own sets of reasons for it tho which im glad are way beyond my comprehension.

Well just in case you havent noticed Eminem has said Elvis' name PLENTY of times in his songs. I just am mature enough to not let it bother me.
And dont say Elvis is my god.

Last edited:
^^ i recalled someone on here said she worships him, maybe it's from another poster!

I'm fairly certain that most people who say they worship celebrities are joking. Not that there aren't some crazies out there.

the majority of people buying his damn albums are young white kids. while he may be respected by those in the game, his target audience isn't who he hangs out w/, it's the young wasps of america and he knows it.

what's the big deal?

the majority of people buying his damn albums are young white kids.

The primary audience of mainstream rap in general is young and white. Obviously not because African Americans don't listen to rap or anything like that, but because they're a minority. And rap has always been appealing to teens. So put two and two together, and it's pretty logical. NWA and 2Pac were also bought in majority by young white kids.

Wow. That's insultingly closed minded of you. I have to say.

Anyway, what's this I hear about Eminem being near death because he's run himself into the ground with drugs and obesity? I hope it's not true.

Okay Bob George since you wont take this elsewhere lets just go ahead and have a discussion on Satanism in an Eminem thread. Seems appropriate to you obviously....:huh:
To me if you are a reverand of satanism then it hardly makes u religious or even whats considered a reverand.
Not to you - to ME. Seriously by now you should know we have VERY different opinions about this.

He got pneumonia and it affected his heart.
Thats why he gained weight but hes okay now and doing better last i heard.

I brought up the topic of Satanism in the religious thread if you are interested in discussing it further. I hope you do because I don't understand why you don't consider Satanism a religion and I'd like to understand.

Anyway, it seems to me that Eminem is not in a very healthy condition to be working on new music and stuff. Maybe he should just lay off until he's healthy again.

i'm not a fan of his but i do remember an mtv interview he gave and he talked about his dream to be a minister...but i never knew he really was one :grin: more power to him, cuz a lot of people have misunderstood him as being anti-religious....

Last edited:
i'm not a fan of his but i do remember an mtv interview he gave and he talked about his dream to be a minister...but i never knew he really was one :grin: more power to him, cuz a lot of people have misunderstand him as being anti-religious....

Yeh, he became friends with Anton LeVay, the founder of the Church of Satan, who ordained him as a reverend. But he said in an interview that he has never exercised his role as a reverend and actually preached or anything the the Church of Satan. It's just another addition to his resume.

Yeh, he became friends with Anton LeVay, the founder of the Church of Satan, who ordained him as a reverend. But he said in an interview that he has never exercised his role as a reverend and actually preached or anything the the Church of Satan. It's just another addition to his resume.

did he do a behind the music interview on vh1 or some type of documentary on mtv? cuz i remember him being dressed like a minister....

I don't know if he's done those particular interviews. Probably.

He's dressed like a minister a few times in music videos. Maybe that's where you saw him?

I don't know if he's done those particular interviews. Probably.

He's dressed like a minister a few times in music videos. Maybe that's where you saw him?

no i think he did do a behind the music or was interviewed during eminem's marshall mathers lp era...i just remember seeing marilyn manson sitting in this elegant chair and he was dressed as a minister...oh yeah, he was blamed for the columbine shootings here in america...that's prob. the interview i'm thinking of ;)

Yeh, that was complete BS. He was targeting by the whole American media for no reason at all. The shooters didn't even like Marilyn Manson according to their friends. You should listen to "Holy Wood" it's the album Marilyn Manson made in response to the Columbine Shootings. It's very good and makes you think about a lot of things to do with the media and how they make celebrities out of criminals and turn celebrities into criminals. It's all true as well. When you listen to the lyrics it just clicks. It makes you realise exactly how f'ed up the media is.

Back