My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

i think the documentary could have been oaky if his comments for starters where more objective
most of the filming was done great but the comments and the prejudice in lot of it made it so bad

The first half of the documentary was great, but Bash*t ruined the second half.

basically yeah

are you sure theres an "unedited version" of the BASHIR docu?
that was the outtakes that were shown in court i beleive not a totally "new" version of it

You guys remember Michael's "ultimate humiliation"? Oooh, he started walking to the stage a little too early. Wow. Way to be a drama queen, Bashole.

I've never seen that documentary and to be honest, I never want to. It was total bullocks how cut-up that was to make Michael look terrible. Everytime I see Bashir's name in print anywhere I get put mentally right back to the mess he created that almost cost Michael his life. And the fact that Michael had all the solid proof on film to show that Bashir did all this deliberately and so many people just turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to it and swept it under the rug makes me feel even worse.

Last edited:
I cannot watch that documenary any more, it sickens me to think what came out of it. It would have been good if someone else would have done the interview, but Bashir went into it with bad intentions. MJ let him into his private life, told him his personal feelings, and Bashir exploited that and abused MJ's trust. The documentary and everything that followed was a disaster, mostly pr-wise. It turned out to be the opposite of what MJ had intended. I feel sorry for Michael, but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme.

The LWMJ documentary just has an evil vibe to it.

LWMJ never actually gave us a look in to what it's like to live in Michael Jackson's world. We never saw Michael going about his every day business, talking on the phone to friends or family etc. Apart from seeing Michael shopping (which wasn't anything new), and seeing Michael bored playing an arcade game in a Los Vages hotel room, LWMJ was just a series of interviews set in rooms with Bashir asking Michael intrusive questions so he could make his warped documentary, and portray Michael as a freak.

Michael should never have let such a reality tv inspired documentary about him be made. Michael should have insisted on having a say in the final cut of the documentary , and he shouldn't said some of the things he said, because it gave Bashir the ammunition to twist and manipulate what Michael actually ment as I hated Bashir stating his views, with his pathetic voice overs and scenes of him walking on a beach in deep thought about Michael.

I thought Michael's own documentary of his home movies gave us a better insight in to what Michael's everyday life is like, because most of them were "home movies" ment for his on private and personal use.

I cannot watch that documenary any more, it sickens me to think what came out of it. It would have been good if someone else would have done the interview, but Bashir went into it with bad intentions. MJ let him into his private life, told him his personal feelings, and Bashir exploited that and abused MJ's trust. The documentary and everything that followed was a disaster, mostly pr-wise. It turned out to be the opposite of what MJ had intended. I feel sorry for Michael, but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme.

I agree with you 100%, and that documentary sickens me aswell. Michael is in many way's to blame because opened himself up to be manipulated by Bashir, and Michael's and a very intelligent man shouldn't have been taken in to easily. I think Michael was taken in by the fact Bashir has interviewed Princess Diana, and Michael loves royalty.

What is forgotten that the person who really is to blame for whole mess of LWMJ, that resulted in the 2005 trial is Michael ex-friend Uri Geller. He's the so called friend who tried to change the person Michael is. Uri Geller one who introduced Michael to Bashir, as he was a friend of Uri Geller's. It was Uri Geller who suggested Michael do a documentary that shows his life to the world.

Strangely enough, Michael's life started to taken a dark turn in the the early 2000's when Michael started to be seen with Uri Geller in public on a regular basis.

Last edited:
its weird, wonderful, charming, strange, worrying, mad, funny, sweet programme. There are some great MJ bits, especially the first half hr but from then on it just goes from bad to worse. Some of MJs comments are at best misguided, at worst, shocking. Surely he should have got some control over the final edit? Going on TV holding handds with a 12 yr old boy was the worst decison of his life. Shame that he didnt see that.

Its sad that holding hands with a child when their talking about cancer can be judged as a man's 'worst' decision. Oh the world we live in.

Last edited:
When you couple it with them speaking about sharing a bed, it takes on a different meaning, especially considering MJs past and he should have known that. The world aint all sweetness and light despite people wishing it was.

Yeah it was a 'mistake' in the cruel ass world we live in. And it's a shame, is all I'm saying. And plus it's the KID that brought up the sleep over/bed sharing issue anyways LOL

Plus a lot of that talk was taken wwwaaayy out context which i said in an earlier post.

Still in the end, there he is with a 12 yr old talking about sharing eachothers bed which ofcourse MJ sees no problem with, but thats the problem in the end. But hey lets not get bogged down in that old issue.

The problem is that MJ sees no problem with it. Well I guess that's a matter of opinion that I'll disagree with lol.

its weird, wonderful, charming, strange, worrying, mad, funny, sweet programme. There are some great MJ bits, especially the first half hr but from then on it just goes from bad to worse. Some of MJs comments are at best misguided, at worst, shocking. Surely he should have got some control over the final edit? Going on TV holding handds with a 12 yr old boy was the worst decison of his life. Shame that he didnt see that.
There is nothing wrong with holding hands with a 12 year old boy who you helped restore to health; I doubt MJ called him and said to him 'come and sit beside me and let me hold your hand'. So if the 12 year old boy comes up to him and holds his hand because he wants to show appreciation for hios heap, is MJ to say, mno it is wrong to do that? People who think it is wrong are the ones with the sick minds not MJ. Unfortunately they have infected many innocent minds now with sick thought, now the world is oless safe for children.

Surely he should have got some control over the final edit?

he supposedly did but bashir went awol and finished/edited the programe on his own. it was the to late for mj to get an induction. been there done that re what mj should and shoudnt have done. then again the discussion would have never taken place if david rothenberg ,who was filmed the same day as s***head was used in the programe instead but that goes against the agenda bashit had

When you couple it with them speaking about sharing a bed, it takes on a different meaning, especially considering MJs past and he should have known that. The world aint all sweetness and light despite people wishing it was.
No it des not because 2/ 3 rds of the entire world DO share beds woith children. |Unfortunately we in the western world have SEXUALISED our children so much that a mother can't even breast feed her baby now without suspicions let alone sleep in the same bed with them. It is we who are corrupt, not MJ. I often wonder how Sneddon and the mother got off with putting those nasty sexual stories in those children's head and feel no guilt about it. They have damaged those children for life.

Still in the end, there he is with a 12 yr old talking about sharing eachothers bed which ofcourse MJ sees no problem with, but thats the problem in the end. But hey lets not get bogged down in that old issue.
Would you have a problem sharing a bed with a child? Cause if you do you need to seek help. Any adult who has a problem with sharing a bed with a child need to seekl help.:huh:

I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion... the affectionate cuddling with Gavin was just a loving embrace between a father figure and himself..... the whole ordeal with Gavin's mother and the men in her life was dealt with back then and I'm happy that the trial had a POSITIVE outcome (I knew all along that he had done NOTHING to him or any other child) noone was happier than me

No it des not because 2/ 3 rds of the entire world DO share beds woith children. |Unfortunately we in the western world have SEXUALISED our children so much that a mother can't even breast feed her baby now without suspicions let alone sleep in the same bed with them. It is we who are corrupt, not MJ. I often wonder how Sneddon and the mother got off with putting those nasty sexual stories in those children's head and feel no guilt about it. They have damaged those children for life.

Basically my point and thoughts exactly but i didn't feel like going into it...AGAIN lol

I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion... the affectionate cuddling with Gavin was just a loving embrace between a father figure and himself..... the whole ordeal with Gavin's mother and the men in her life was dealt with back then and I'm happy that the trial had a POSITIVE outcome (I knew all along that he had done NOTHING to him or any other child) noone was happier than me

I cannot watch that documenary any more, it sickens me to think what came out of it. It would have been good if someone else would have done the interview, but Bashir went into it with bad intentions. MJ let him into his private life, told him his personal feelings, and Bashir exploited that and abused MJ's trust. The documentary and everything that followed was a disaster, mostly pr-wise. It turned out to be the opposite of what MJ had intended.
and that makes the interview repulsive. as the saying goes..."a truth told with bad intent beats all the lies u can invent"

the interview was done purposely to destroy michael! or else how wud u explain that on camera,bashir was buddy buddy with michael but off-cam (those things that michael did not actually hear like the voice-overs) , bashir was so full of malicious slants. some of his comments were downright misleading! what makes it cringe inducing was how michael was deceived throughout the interview. michael thought he was opening up his soul to a friend but bashir was anything but a friend!
I feel sorry for Michael, but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme.

it was michael's childlike trust that did him....makes me hate bashir more

Last edited:
I agree... (that was so sweet "Datsymay") I'm studying right now to become a nursery school teacher and I've practised on several kindergardens and children can be very straight forwarded and thank you in their on little ways, I would never rebuke a child who wants a cuddle. The world needs HOPE because the world is so messed up with all these messages circulating around "do this" "loose weight" "change your personality" etc..... it's terrifying!

I don't believe in many people but I can see that Michael is honest in his approach to children and in appreciation of his kindness children respond back...

who wouldn't? :wub:

Why don't people in general approach others as they wanna be treated? I think I'll never recieve an answer to that one I'm afraid but at least there is hope^_^

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that there was so much negativity surrounding this documentary after it aired and of course we all know what the airing of this show led to, but I have to say that there were several parts of the documentary that I enjoyed. I especially liked towards the end when MJ was being interviewed. MJ seemed a bit annoyed with Bashir towards the end of the documentary though but who can blame him? Bashir is so two faced and annoying.

but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme

he tried but couldnt stop it

I have always thought that maybe Michael should let his fans to do a document about him. I believe they could bring out that side of Michael the world should really see. There wouldn't be any stupid questions about his plastic surgeries or humiliating questions about his childhood etc. No more tears and sadness. Michael Jackson, the music maker. Michael Jackson, the familyman and most of all, Michael Jackson a normal human being.

he supposedly did but bashir went awol and finished/edited the programe on his own. it was the to late for mj to get an induction. been there done that re what mj should and shoudnt have done. then again the discussion would have never taken place if david rothenberg ,who was filmed the same day as s***head was used in the programe instead but that goes against the agenda bashit had

What I actually thought was that he'd already organised release dates and signed contracts and stuff before Michael could officially approve it. Michael apparently did have a pre-release screening of it a couple of days before it was released, and tried to stop it, but couldn't do much about it. The problem was that Michael actually signed contracts to allow this guy to film him, so any footage could be used in the finished product... (something like that anyways) I am sure if Michael could have stopped it, he would have :yes:

I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion...
True. I won't forgive him either and I don't think many in the industry have either. check his IMDB profile- he's done nothing since LWMJ. (except for archive appearances etc)

It is in the past now. It was like 4 years ago! (Whoa time goes quick!)

I have always thought that maybe Michael should let his fans to do a document about him. I believe they could bring out that side of Michael the world should really see. There wouldn't be any stupid questions about his plastic surgeries or humiliating questions about his childhood etc. No more tears and sadness. Michael Jackson, the music maker. Michael Jackson, the familyman and most of all, Michael Jackson a normal human being.

Now that would be a documentary! I got a shiver up my spine reading that! I can just see it now- it would be absolutely brilliant. :yes:

Reeta, I have always thought the same! The perfect interview would be one of his fans (obviously me!) asking the man about music, video, live shows etc. I'd try not to make it too sycophantic but really try and get into the mind of the genius that creates such sublime music.

I'm sick of saying this, but I'm going to again anyway, because it's important.

To blame Michael for what happened is not only useless, it's wrong.

Essentially, when doing that, we are reprimanding Michael for choosing to see the good in life rather then the bad. It is people's kill or be killed, survival mentality that makes the world such a hurtful and rotten place to live in. So when someone like Michael comes along, which isn't very often, who is willing to put himself in harms way and is willing to sacrifice his own safety and needs in order to hold on to his values and ideals, that should be admired and applauded, not criticized. It's people like Michael who makes this world a better place. Instead of allowing himself to become jaded and cynical, instead of allowing himself to be blinded by the conditioned surface of what society has forced something to become or by what society says a thing is, he looks well passed that and sees to a things core. He has a fundamental belief that even in the worst, there is real good.

The fault isn't in Michael's willingness to look for the good in people; it is in people's willingness to take advantage of his goodness for their own gain. The reason people become jaded is because if they try to be good, they get burned, just like Michael did. But Michael is a special person and just because he was betrayed, that didn't cause him to let go of his ideals and stop being kind, like most people do. He kept on and continues to because he's above that conditioning that the world puts on most people.

Again, that should be admired, not attacked.

Now that would be a documentary! I got a shiver up my spine reading that! I can just see it now- it would be absolutely brilliant. :yes:

I seriously believe it'd be an awesome document :yes:

Reeta, I have always thought the same! The perfect interview would be one of his fans (obviously me!) asking the man about music, video, live shows etc. I'd try not to make it too sycophantic but really try and get into the mind of the genius that creates such sublime music.

Count me in :yes: Maybe we should contact him and ask him? ;) :lol:

Back