Transitional Bad to Dangerous pictures

I always wish there had been some sort of announcement about his vitiligo in the Bad era. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t do the same as he did, if I’ve ended up with 90% white skin with just black patches, I’m going to be bleaching out the black parts....especially when I’m performing on stage and being in public eye so often. It was nothing to be ashamed of.

Bleached his skin! and you are a "fan" since 1988 ?
You think Michael bleached his skin in this photo
035.jpg

and this
michael-jackson-vitiligo-image.jpg

have you heard something called cream ?
https://www.umassmed.edu/vitiligo/blog/blog-posts1/2016/01/did-michael-jackson-have-vitiligo/

I guess I am a fan long enough to see things rather realistic. (Or at least I try to.)
Please read again carefully what I wrote. I wrote face-skin. And that the color of light always played a role in how his skin tone appeared in fotos.

He obviously did have Vitiligo and yes, he then also bleached his skin (the remaining black parts) at one point. It's not a this OR that thing.

Check the Wikipedia article (or other sources) on Vitiligo. It's one common way of treating it once it's become really bad.

Last edited:
I guess I am a fan long enough to see things rather realistic. (Or at least I try to.)
Please read again carefully what I wrote. I wrote face-skin. And that the color of light always played a role in how his skin tone appeared in fotos.

He obviously did have Vitiligo and yes, he then also bleached his skin (the remaining black parts) at one point. It's not a this OR that thing.

Check the Wikipedia article (or other sources) on Vitiligo. It's one common way of treating it once it's become really bad.

There is no evidence that he "bleached" his face. Karen Faye on a photo of him in 1995 where Michael did his own Makeup for a music award, noticed that he didn't did well to hide the Vitiligo.
That means that he didn't "bleached" his skin face in 1993.

There is no evidence that he "bleached" his face. Karen Faye on a photo of him in 1995 where Michael did his own Makeup for a music award, noticed that he didn't did well to hide the Vitiligo.
That means that he didn't "bleached" his skin face in 1993.

Can you post that photo?

Don't forget that he also had Lupus. Lupus, light, shadows, bad photo quality, fan imagination can all play a role in how things appear.

What exactly are we exactly debating? We know for sure he had vitiligo and used treatment cream to even the skin tone.. it's been stated about lupus but never confirmed..

What's the question?

This one?
Dn-Jxa2s-W0-AISP5g.jpg

It's a blurry image and the dark spot somehow looks rather photoshop'ed (I use Photoshop on a daily basis for my job). But yes, he indeed had a little pigmented spot on the tip of his nose (left side). You could see it on several of the super-close-ups that were shot during the trial in 2005. It doesn't really say much though regarding if he underwent the bleaching treatment for the overall Vitiligo-damaged face or not and how perfectly effective it was or not.

At the Jessie Jackson birthday party (2007):
074.jpg

enlarge: https://ibb.co/VHmtz72

Last edited:
What exactly are we exactly debating? We know for sure he had vitiligo and used treatment cream to even the skin tone.. it's been stated about lupus but never confirmed..

What's the question?
I'm not debating about Michael skin color, when someone says that Michael bleached his face he have to prove it.
About Lupus, On October 1st 2003 he and his doctor attended and gave a brief speech together, at an Evening of Love, Light and Laughter, a benefit for Lupus LA and Lupus Research at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

I'm not debating about Michael skin color, when someone says that Michael bleached his face he have to prove it.

Bleached skin to treat the Vitiligo.
Don't always forget that part. Or many will be quick to assume it was meant to say he didn't have a reason for it other than "he wanted to be white". Which I don't think was the case.

From the Vitiligo Wikipedia article:
De-pigmenting

In cases of extensive vitiligo the option to de-pigment the unaffected skin with topical drugs like monobenzone, mequinol, or hydroquinone may be considered to render the skin an even colour. The removal of all the skin pigment with monobenzone is permanent and vigorous. Sun-safety must be adhered to for life to avoid severe sunburn and melanomas. Depigmentation takes about a year to complete.[27]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

Last edited:
L.T.D;4235660 said:
I always wish there had been some sort of announcement about his vitiligo in the Bad era. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t do the same as he did, if I’ve ended up with 90% white skin with just black patches, I’m going to be bleaching out the black parts....especially when I’m performing on stage and being in public eye so often. It was nothing to be ashamed of.

I honestly believe that Michael chose not to do this on account of the mystique and questions it would invite.

About Lupus, On October 1st 2003 he and his doctor attended and gave a brief speech together, at an Evening of Love, Light and Laughter, a benefit for Lupus LA and Lupus Research at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

Not questioning if what you're saying is true but are there any photos or videos or anything showing mike was there? I just tries looking up to see and I found a bunch of pics but non of him (or mention of him)

Not questioning if what you're saying is true but are there any photos or videos or anything showing mike was there? I just tries looking up to see and I found a bunch of pics but non of him (or mention of him)

Try searching for "2003 Light the Way for Lupus Los Angeles Benefit", and a bunch of results comes up https://www.google.com/search?q=200...lAKHStUDrcQ_AUICSgA&biw=1696&bih=890&dpr=1.13

Or look here for pics: http://www.mjphotoscollectors.com/index.php?app=gallery&category=608

I always wish there had been some sort of announcement about his vitiligo in the Bad era.

I don't see why he should have done that...it's not like it's anyone's business. I mean, just because he's Michael Jackson he had to make announcements about his condition? The tabloids would have still been writing things about him, they still did after the Oprah interview, when he said he had a skin disorder, and many people ignored what he had said and still chose to believe in the media. I showed that interview to some people I knew, and even then they still didn't believe it, because they were so brainwashed by the media! And not just that handful of people I showed it to was like that, so were many others all over the world. And he did mention in Moonwalk that he didn't bleach his skin, still the tabloids kept saying that he did, and people still believed it. What I'm saying is that, I don't think making some sort of announcement about it would've have made much of a difference. Maybe if tabloids weren't around, but unfortunately they are, and there's not much we can do about that

Last edited:
he's talking about skin color, plastic surgery have an effect on the skin ?

but wouldnt plastic surgey have some effect on the skin?

It's the first time I hear this logic.

8701, the amount plastic surgery would effect the skin to is so minimal that no human eye would notice.

What we see with his skin Tone is all vitiligo, makeup, and vitiligo treatment cream that was used..

The multiple reconstructive plastic surgeries on his scalp (after the Pepsi accident in 1984) also affected his skin tone condition because they exacerbated his vitiligo.

The results of those surgeries on his skin tone were not minimal, but visible to the human eye.

I always wish there had been some sort of announcement about his vitiligo in the Bad era.

I honestly believe that Michael chose not to do this on account of the mystique and questions it would invite.

He did not publicly speak about his vitiligo in the BAD era because he simply did not feel ready for that at the time.

Not because he wanted to invite mystique & attention.

Also, his siblings have known about his vitiligo all those years before the Oprah Winfrey interview.

But MJ asked from them to keep silent, until he himself felt ready to make it public for the first time.

Which he did in the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993.

Note it takes a lot of time to find the strength & courage to admit publicly such a thing, especially when you are a very successful artist.

The multiple reconstructive plastic surgeries on his scalp (after the Pepsi accident in 1984) also affected his skin tone condition because they exacerbated his vitiligo.

The results of those surgeries on his skin tone were not minimal, but visible to the human eye.

He did not publicly speak about his vitiligo in the BAD era because he simply did not feel ready for that at the time.

Also, his siblings have known about his vitiligo all those years before the Oprah Winfrey interview.

But MJ asked from them to keep silent, until he himself felt ready to make it public for the first time.

Which he did in the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993.

Note it takes a lot of time to find the strength & courage to admit publicly such a thing, especially when you are a very successful artist.

there is no evidence about the reason of his silence and how the surgeries affected the skin color, it's just expectations.
No one can pack on the subject

I don't see why he should have done that...it's not like it's anyone's business. I mean, just because he's Michael Jackson he had to make announcements about his condition? The tabloids would have still been writing things about him, they still did after the Oprah interview, when he said he had a skin disorder, and many people ignored what he had said and still chose to believe in the media. I showed that interview to some people I knew, and even then they still didn't believe it, because they were so brainwashed by the media! And not just that handful of people I showed it to was like that, so were many others all over the world.

It's a big 'what if', but I think he could have released a story about his Vitiligo including a photo and explanations that it will make him lose all pigmentation one day. So the public could have better empathised with his illness and understand why he wears all the makeup and why it's becoming lighter etc. Of course the other changes in his face made it difficult to not have people still question it. But if he had done that before the Bad album, it might have sunk in with people better than learning from it only via "he wants to be white" rumours, which maybe then would have not grown as far as they did. At least that's probably how a public figure would handle it nowadays. I can imagine though, and it would be understandable, if he was very insecure about how to handle it all. Keeping things mysterious was the easier way for a while.

And he did mention in Moonwalk that he didn't bleach his skin, still the tabloids kept saying that he did, and people still believed it.

I havn't read the Moonwalk book in a long time, so I can't remember that part precisely, but if he denied bleaching rumours at that point (the book was released 1988!) and at the same time gave no other explanation for his skin becoming obviously so much lighter, it's clear that the rumours wouldn't just die.

It's also pretty clear that he would have never ever publicly admitted to have underwent bleaching procedures of any form (even if it's actually just to even out the Vitiligo damages) because he must have been aware of how that would have been taken out of context. ("Yes, I bleached my skin." ...imagine the headlines.)

In fact? :)

Well, at least Jermaine seemed to have been left out of the loop until 1991, when he wrote "Word To The Badd".

Lyrics from the pulled original version:
Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?

Last edited:
Well, at least Jermaine seemed to have been left out of the loop until 1991, when he wrote "Word To The Badd".

First time I know that, but As I know from his family only Janet knows the truth

First time I know that, but As I know from his family only Janet knows the truth

Jermaine was mad at Michael for various reasons at that time. And he probably just jumped to conclusions like most people do regarding the skin color. (Vitiligo was also much less known back then.)

Here's the original version of the song:

I can't find the officially released version on YouTube, but it didn't include the shade lyrics.

I havn't read the Moonwalk book in a long time, so I can't remember that part precisely, but if he denied bleaching rumours at that point (the book was released 1988!) and at the same time gave no other explanation for his skin becoming obviously so much lighter, it's clear that the rumours wouldn't just die.

It's also pretty clear that he would have never ever publicly admitted to have underwent bleaching procedures of any form (even if it's actually just to even out the Vitiligo damages) because he must have been aware of how that would have been taken out of context. ("Yes, I bleached my skin." ...imagine the headlines.)
I haven't read that book in a long time either and I remembered it wrong, sorry. I just looked and this is what it says:
I have not had my lips thinned, nor have I had dermabrasion or a skin peel

Electro;4235804 said:

1nn5;4235803 said:
there is no evidence about the reason of his silence and how the surgeries affected the skin color, it's just expectations.
No one can pack on the subject

I cannot understand why it becomes so difficult for some of you to accept these facts.

MJ was being exposed to certain chemicals during those reconstructive plastic surgeries on his scalp.

The accumulative results of those chemical substances worsened his vitiligo, which in turn affected his skin tone condition.

According to clinical evidence, there is a strong correlation between these two (chemicals & skin tone).

It is impossible to get more specific evidence regarding MJ’s case because that information is sensitive medical record & is meant to remain not public.

As for why he kept silent, he was not ready for that before the Oprah Winfrey interview.

As it is the case for all the vitiligo patients in the world who need time before admitting it publicly.

Even when he admitted it in that Oprah Winfrey interview, you can see how emotional became. Even then, in 1993, he was not totally ready for that.

Electro;4235804 said:

Electro;4235812 said:
Jermaine was mad at Michael for various reasons at that time. And he probably just jumped to conclusions like most people do regarding the skin color. (Vitiligo was also much less known back then.)

Jermaine did not jump to conclusions.

He was aware of MJ’s vitiligo, but he wrote those particular lyrics deliberately in order to provoke.

MJ shouldn’t have said anything. He was a person with insecurities. It was probably very difficult to come out and admit his medical issues.

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
I cannot understand why it becomes so difficult for some of you to accept these facts.

Which facts?
The problem is, that you keep presenting your conclusions/observations/theories as facts. (And not just in this thread.)
No problem with discussions about conclusions/observations/theories. We're all just fans here, including you.
But if it actually is hard facts, then it's always good to mention / link sources.
Otherwise maybe try to use "i think", "it seems", "i guess" etc sometimes.

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
According to clinical evidence, there is a strong correlation between these two (chemicals & skin tone).

It's an intesting theory. The burns were on the back of his head though (the medical files including photos of the injury were leaked), so some more indepth info about that alleged correlation (treatment of that injury and his overall skin tone) would be helpful to understand your theory.

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
It is impossible to get more specific evidence regarding MJ’s case because that information is sensitive medical record & is meant to remain not public.

There you say it.

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
As for why he kept silent, he was not ready for that before the Oprah Winfrey interview.

I didn't suggest anything different. But this sentence lacks an "I think".

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
As it is the case for all the vitiligo patients in the world who need time before admitting it publicly.

None of these are Michael Jackson though.

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
Even when he admitted it in that Oprah Winfrey interview, you can see how emotional became. Even then, in 1993, he was not totally ready for that.

By that time he must have realized that it was a mistake to wait so long to make the info public. As for him getting emotional in interviews about certain things, I'd be careful with judging how real it was. I'm not suggesting he lied about anything, but sometimes it felt like he overacted certain things a little (maybe because of insecurity).

mj_frenzy;4235826 said:
He was aware of MJ’s vitiligo, but he wrote those particular lyrics deliberately in order to provoke.

Unless you are Jermaine, how do you want to know that for sure?

Last edited:
mj_frenzy;4235826 said:

MJ was being exposed to certain chemicals during those reconstructive plastic surgeries on his scalp.

The accumulative results of those chemical substances worsened his vitiligo, which in turn affected his skin tone condition.

What ! you was his doctor or you have evidence of what are you saying. It's hard for you to say " in my opinion " for facts that you created ?

Yeah but I'm not seeing how work on the back of his scalp would make his skin on his chin (for example) any different.. chemicals would be where they did work..

Not thay it matters, we know he had vitiligo and vitiligo treatment creams that lighten the dark areas..

What is there left to be said about his skin?

dam2040;4235834 said:
MJ shouldn’t have said anything. He was a person with insecurities. It was probably very difficult to come out and admit his medical issues.

But that was a big mistake. Did MJ really think people weren't going to notice or were going to overlook his changing skin colour? MJ should come out with a statement in the mid 80s that he has vitiligo. By the time, he admited that he had vitiligo in 93, it was too late. Sure many believed him, but many didn't and still don't believe that he had vitiligo. And that's because there were brainwashed by media for many years that MJ was deliberity changing his skin colour to become white. I hate to say this, but Michael gave the media an opporunity to write lies by not being upfront about his skin disease from the very start.

Electro;4235836 said:
Which facts?
The problem is, that you keep presenting your conclusions/observations/theories as facts. (And not just in this thread.)
No problem with discussions about conclusions/observations/theories. We're all just fans here, including you.
But if it actually is hard facts, then it's always good to mention / link sources.
Otherwise maybe try to use "i think", "it seems", "i guess" etc sometimes.

It's an intesting theory. The burns were on the back of his head though (the medical files including photos of the injury were leaked), so some more indepth info about that alleged correlation (treatment of that injury and his overall skin tone) would be helpful to understand your theory.

1nn5;4235838 said:
What ! you was his doctor or you have evidence of what are you saying. It's hard for you to say " in my opinion " for facts that you created ?

KOPV;4235853 said:
Yeah but I'm not seeing how work on the back of his scalp would make his skin on his chin (for example) any different.. chemicals would be where they did work..

I am pretty clear with my statements.

According to studies but also clinical results, it is a fact that vitiligo gets worse also by exposure to certain chemicals.

In MJ’s case, his vitiligo got worse by his continual exposure to chemicals during his reconstructive surgeries on his scalp after 1984.

Note that the chemical exposure does not have to be on the exact skin area that vitiligo develops.

Note also that vitiligo gets worse even by much lighter exposure to certain chemicals, let alone being subjected to surgeries that use such chemicals.

These chemicals fall into the broader category of the environmental factors that worsen one’s vitiligo.

Electro;4235836 said:
By that time he must have realized that it was a mistake to wait so long to make the info public. As for him getting emotional in interviews about certain things, I'd be careful with judging how real it was. I'm not suggesting he lied about anything, but sometimes it felt like he overacted certain things a little (maybe because of insecurity).

That particular moment was real.

He momentarily was overcome with sad emotions when he revealed his skin disorder (in that Oprah Winfrey interview).

Electro;4235836 said:
Unless you are Jermaine, how do you want to know that for sure?

Jermaine did know about MJ’s vitiligo in the ‘80s (as they did know about that all MJ’s siblings during that period).

That is a fact corroborated also by a very reliable source which is Jermaine’s then-wife Margaret Maldonado.

Note that the chemical exposure does not have to be on the exact skin area that vitiligo develops.

Note also that vitiligo gets worse even by much lighter exposure to certain chemicals, let alone being subjected to surgeries that use such chemicals.

Noted.

That particular moment was real.

He momentarily was overcome with sad emotions when he revealed his skin disorder (in that Oprah Winfrey interview).

Ok, Michael.

Back