Bad World Tour - Film Camera on stage

Saburo24

Proud Member
I was looking at some photos from the Bad World Tour in my archive, and I noticed this one.

Behind Mike we can see a cameraman holding a 35mm film camera, during one of the European Leg concerts (should be London).
It would be really cool to see a concert from this tour in Full HD or in 2K/4K.

We know that many concerts have been recorded on 16mm and 35mm tape, also with multitrack audio. I hope Estate or Nocturne Production still have chance to release these footage one day.

240-HD.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny - I always thought it was 32 mm or 16 mm - but now everyone writes 35 mm.

No matter what - I just really hope we get to see a/some Bad Tour concert(s) in full HD. This is so amazing concerts with so much energy it's unbelievable.

It's funny - I always thought it was 32 mm or 16 mm - but now everyone writes 35 mm.

No matter what - I just really hope we get to see a/some Bad Tour concert(s) in full HD. This is so amazing concerts with so much energy it's unbelievable.

It has always been 35 mm. That is the film size most commonly used in movies. :)

This tour needs to be released in glorious 4K HD. Please Branca, this is what we really want.

Branch could give 2fcx about us....I just wonder what he does in his spare

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Nice find! You can also spot some film cameras in Liverpool photos :)
Warren stated that they used a mixture of 16 & 35mm film. The estate admitted that it was filmed. However, they still haven't found it in the archives yet unfortunately :( MJ deserves a Bad Tour HD release.

Full shows were filmed, including Aintree... We also know that a concert film was produced in the Summer of 1988 featuring shots from Paris & Wembley among others, clips seen in the live performance short film of Another Part Of Me. The source materials should still be in existence.. All the footage was turned over to Michael's storage facilities (presumably filed under optimum productions) at the conclusion of the tour.

yeah the estate may have lots of incomplete fragments from different BAD tours that were shot on 35 mm film..and they can merge them together into one, to form to make up a new two hours BAD tour concert, I hope a new Bad tour concert whole show will be released in Full Real HD or in Real 2K/4K in the future...yeah every songs recorded shot on on 35 mm film...
844566.png

For me it's all about BWT 1987 but I would love to see the Aintree footage.
I mean for 87 leg we have 2 complete shows, at least 3 incomplete so I only really want better rips of Tokyo & Osaka. Brisbane in full too.

We only have 1 complete 88 show that is in terrible video quality. After finding out wembley exists on film it has become the ultimate wanted release for me. Mj deserves a high quality concert film in his prime. Spike Lee's APOM edit showcased what it could look like.

I mean for 87 leg we have 2 complete shows, at least 3 incomplete so I only really want better rips of Tokyo & Osaka. Brisbane in full too.

We only have 1 complete 88 show that is in terrible video quality. After finding out wembley exists on film it has become the ultimate wanted release for me. Mj deserves a high quality concert film in his prime. Spike Lee's APOM edit showcased what it could look like.

yeah I know what you mean,but I don't expect Tokyo Osaka Brisbane
I just want to know ...does such quality fragments exist the whole show?I mean whole concert all shot on 35mm film...
or just film editing came from the BAD25 documentary?...

582355.png

Last edited:

Fair point. And Michael for sure deserves a high quality film from his peak era. I'm gobsmacked that it hasn't already happened. Some things I just don't understand.

I just want to know ...does such quality fragments exist the whole show?I mean whole concert all shot on 35mm film...

582355.png
We have info that full concerts were shot on film but looks like they don't have the footage:

You can see a clip of I'll Be There during Mooonwalker's Man in the Mirror performance.

582355.png
Yes, Zakk was a pioneer on researching this back in 2012. The estate only brought up concert film recently after we mentioned it. Warren Eagles wrote an article in 2011 about how he graded and edited a complete wembley concert on 35 & 16mm film. He handed the film to frank Dileo and that's where the trail goes cold. Warren even had a VHS copy of it but that is also lost.
Edit: Article

And that is from Aintree, confirming our theory that at least one of the post-Wembley shows might have been shot in its entirety.
That would be beyond awesome! The 2 little Aintree clips I've seen are lovely. I want more!

Article by Warren Eagles
This article is an enlightening read !! How is that possible that they sourced the wembley dvd release from a VHS copy of the Jumbotron feed, when a full concert film, shot on 16 and 35 film, exists already ??
Is director Patrick Kelly still around, somewhere ?

How is that possible that they sourced the wembley dvd release from a VHS copy of the Jumbotron feed, when a full concert film, shot on 16 and 35 film, exists already ??
The location of the reels for the concert film is unknown.

The location of the reels for the concert film is unknown.
We need to find them somehow before they are lost forever. Or maybe it's already too late? :(

Last edited:
This article is an enlightening read !! How is that possible that they sourced the wembley dvd release from a VHS copy of the Jumbotron feed, when a full concert film, shot on 16 and 35 film, exists already ??
Is director Patrick Kelly still around, somewhere ?
Patrick kelly is retired and hard to reach apparently. The estate should have asked frank delio about this before he passed since he was his manager at the time (also the last person we know that had the film).
Its sad they couldnt even find the master tape for wembley. We also know now that TWYMMF video from "July 15" is actually the 14th. They probably couldnt even find that show either.

Back