Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

I don't know, there's a lot of new MJ fans now. Fans that didn't care about him before June 25th and the young ones. There's a lot of kids and teens that love him now. So I think it's gonna sell better than Invincible, probably.

Caring about MJ the legend and caring enough to purchase new music are two different things.

Yes, everyone loves Billie Jean and Beat it, but they already have those songs.

Reverse things for a moment. I liked Madonna and Prince growing up and will always have their biggest hits on my ipod, but that doesn't mean that if one of them died I'd purchase their new album.

When MJ died his classic material spiked in sales, not Invincible or History. So why would a new album do any better? It's not like MJ passed and people ran out to see what they missed on Invincible.

I honestly think we'll be lucky to see 5 million in actual physical CD sales. Maybe a couple more million on iTunes.

But I hope I'm wrong.

"Michael" finally appears on Itunes US at #119

At the moment, R. Kelly's new album is outselling MJ's :doh:

#191 in the itunes Canada store.

Last edited:
Michael is #1 on the Danish iTunes chart

HMH has moved up to #14 on the iTunes chart.

I am confident that Michael will be number 1 in Europe ( the European top 100)

Last edited:
No.8 in England now, and it's half two in the morning. Once everyones up, I'm certain it will be number 1.

UPDATE ON I-TUNES MUSIC CHARTS

-Germany: #1
-Belgium: #1
-Denmark: #1
-Italy: #1
-Luxembourg: #1
-Switzerland: #1
-New Zealand: #1
-France: #2
-Sweden: #2
-Austria: #2
-Australia: #3
-Netherlands: #3
-UK: #7

How popular is Amazon in the UK? The album hasn't moved ...still sitting at # 26
:doh:

Go Michael!!!

Another thing, I find it very disturbing that people like R. Kelly, Adele & Crystal Bowersox (American Idol runner up) are outselling "Michael" on Itunes USA. R. Kelly & Bowersox' CDs come out tomorrow...same day as MJ.

Last edited:
Can someone please post a link to i-tunes uk album chart, thanks, the one I get a link to on google is not up 2 date.

This is so exciting!!! I wish that it came out the same day everywhere. I'm going to get mine at midnight tomorrow though. :D

MoonWalkinYiddo;3132560 said:
Amazon are selling MJ's album for £3.99 this week (mp3 ver.) :bugeyed

wtf?!

when do we get the "real" chart positions of michael? not only on itunes?:scratch:

MoonWalkinYiddo;3132560 said:
Amazon are selling MJ's album for £3.99 this week (mp3 ver.) :bugeyed

They were selling 'Take That' and 'Susan Boyle' physical albums for £1 a week or two ago!! (shock)

wtf?!

when do we get the "real" chart positions of michael? not only on itunes?:scratch:

UK charts will be announced Sunday 19th, with US charts being known about 22nd/23rd December.

deano;3132573 said:
They were selling 'Take That' and 'Susan Boyle' physical albums for £1 a week or two ago!! (shock)
:swoon:

Yes it's #4 but it is time now to number one!

Don't worry too much. When it comes to album sales MJ 'bucks the trend' by selling a lot more 'physical' 'pick up in store' copies than most other artists.

Having said that, please forget all about MJ getting a number 1 album in the UK this time. It's nothing to do with 'poor' sales, it's just that 'Take That' (a UK 'boyband') are selling shed loads of their album, after spending all weekend on the main UK TV channels.

'Michael' will have to be judged on 'sales' rather than chart position when determining success or failure - as this 'Take That' album is the 'Subo' of 2010 - so I would say anything over 100,000 is good, anything over 150,000 will be fantastic!

And before anybody says it, yes I know 'Take That' don't do anything in the US - there are virtually a 'European only' boyband. (wink)

Back