The Great Debate - Poll of Polls

Do I believe It Is Michael On The Three Tracks In Question.

• Yes

Votes: 152 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 135 35.2%
  • I Can Not Decide

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Maybe in Parts

Votes: 73 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the problem is caused by overly processing.
I have no reason to doubt Michael singing the lead vocals.

That's not what the poll says.

At this moment only 47% belive is Michael.
The rest (53%) do not think he is really there at certain degree. There are different way to read polls and, in my personal opinion, this just keeps showing almost a 50 - 50 division :( but still, a 31% believing he is not there at all is really a huge number. There should be simply NO single doubts!

but of course, different people will read this in different ways ;D

Sorry, but it seems strange to create a poll, then add another category as it's running.

Should it be "I believe MJ is the main vocal on the Cascio tracks" yes/no? Just two options. If you don't know/not sure, don't vote. Or go with your heart.. whatever it says

"Maybe in parts" means that somebody believes it is not MJ on some percentage on the song and it makes no sense to consider a song legit when it isn't MJ 100% on the lead vocals (unless it is a duet)

Why wouldn't it be legit if it has properly credited background vocalists?

:thinking:

:ph34r:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Sorry, but it seems strange to create a poll, then add another category as it's running.

Should it be "I believe MJ is the main vocal on the Cascio tracks" yes/no? Just two options. If you don't know/not sure, don't vote. Or go with your heart.. whatever it says

I think the reason is for people like me- it's not that I'm unsure, it's that I know there's MJ on the track... but I also hear a lot of non-MJ (which could be James Porte, but if it is, I'd like to know how much and which parts), and I hear the processed autotune MJ, and I hear recycled adlibs. So if it were a yes/no, then neither would apply to me.

For me it's mostly about that I don't approve of them messing with Michael's vocals in any way- it doesn't need to be perfect for me, I'd rather have them be pure MJ then made for radio and compromised.

In the end, it all comes down to, that this album ain't for everyone. It shows that, for many reasons, he hasn't blessed them, some don't know where he/James sings where, and some thinks the songs aren't really that good. That's all.

Not all songs on an album I buy rocks, but I usually buy my albums if I like three or more songs. MICHAEL is a beautiful album, it has a lot of uptempo, and to be frank, I have missed dancing off to new MJ beats, so I am very happy for those songs that make me dance. The slow songs just puts me in a great mood.

In the end, it all comes down to, that this album ain't for everyone. It shows that, for many reasons, he hasn't blessed them, some don't know where he/James sings where, and some thinks the songs aren't really that good. That's all.

Not all songs on an album I buy rocks, but I usually buy my albums if I like three or more songs. MICHAEL is a beautiful album, it has a lot of uptempo, and to be frank, I have missed dancing off to new MJ beats, so I am very happy for those songs that make me dance. The slow songs just puts me in a great mood.

This is what makes me so sad....That's what made Michael so special; he was for everyone....He brought us together with his incredible music and showmanship....now we're being torn apart :(

I don't think the real Michael Jackson is singing a single note on Monster or Breaking News.

KYHU is more convincing, but even then I could swear on my life it's not him singing on the second verse.

Even though some parts sound like they could be him, I don't think any of it really is.

Re: Feud erupt between Teddy Riley and Will.I.Am

And I think that this is the bottomline of this debate; should Sony or shouldn't Sony release polished up demo's and/or off-takes? And that is what these songs are at its best. (Meaning we don't hear the final result as maybe MJ would have wanted it; with different vocal styles, or diff. melodies within the song etc. These songs are a aproximation at best.)

For me personal I don't mind these songs to be released. They will eventually, somehow. Either leaked throughout the years as demo's or as b-sides etc. Or even as a project from some music student. Now they at least get linked with the Estate. I think in the least these songs give us an insight in the creative processes that moved MJ. (And besides, I think he knew that he had some gems in his vault - you can consider it an artist retirement plan. Every artists doest this btw.)

I did it in another post, but will repeat it again: history is filled with material that has been published post mortum. Think of Mozart, Kafka, Dickens, or more modern Tupac etc. There is really nothing new here.

Except puting a vocal impersonator and make us think like this is the true michael Jackson
I have never seen that for other artists before

Nothing against postumous works but fraud wont be tolerate either

[/I][/B]

Except puting a vocal impersonator and make us think like this is the true michael Jackson
I have never seen that for other artists before

Nothing against postumous works but fraud wont be tolerate either

Actually, this is historical incorrect:

Requim of Mozart was finished by other composers.
The work of Kafka has been edited by editors before they were published.
So other people has worked on these compositions before they saw the light of day.

Regarding the whole "fraud" issue. Personally, I think the word "fraud" is here overused and in these discussions, where we as fans have no facts, unnecessarily antagonizing. If you think it is fraud, like some members on this board do, the answer is actually quite simple: raise money and file a law suite.

Regards,

Actually, this is historical incorrect:

Requim of Mozart was finished by other composers.
The work of Kafka has been edited by editors before they were published.
So other people has worked on these compositions before they saw the light of day.

Regarding the whole "fraud" issue. Personally, I think the word "fraud" is here overused and in these discussions, where we as fans have no facts, unnecessarily antagonizing. If you think it is fraud, like some members on this board do, the answer is actually quite simple: raise money and file a law suite.

Regards,

Actually i did hear that some Mozart works were finished by other composers i dont know about kafka
But you can recognise that using other musicians to finish a work is not like using a vocal impersonator

At the end of day Mozart wrote the music and it doesnt change nothing that other people PLAY the music he wrote instead of him

In the other hand using an impersonator to SING instead of the singer himself is another story a VERY bad story

If i had power it has been a long time i would have sued Sony for fraud
But Sony is Goliath and we are David i am realistic and think i cant nothing against a giant like that whatever proof i could provide

But i still have my freedom of thinking and i will use it as long as i can

Fraud is fraud

BN:Less than 30% Michael

Monster: Less than 15% Michael

KYHU: I honestly cannot tell...

Anyway, these all 3 songs where songs Michael have worked on and planned to release some day, so I'm happy we had a chance to listen to them. But it makes me sad that the general public will be assuming that it is Michael, and therefore will think less of him as a solo artist, since that impersonator's voice in no where near Michael's angelic voice.. This is way I'm against this album...

Anyway, these all 3 songs where songs Michael have worked on and planned to release some day, so I'm happy we had a chance to listen to them. But it makes me sad that the general public will be assuming that it is Michael, and therefore will think less of him as a solo artist, since that impersonator's voice in no where near Michael's angelic voice.. This is way I'm against this album...

I am not so sure about that either. Not saying he wasn't involved, just not sure. Michael has had similar songs to these and I remember Michael saying something like this : "if it hasn't something new to offer, why do it?"

It would be something that someone could easily imitate. Let's make songs like MJ did. Let's have an anthem (eg like "on the line"), and let's have a song where he bashes the media (eg like "tabloid junkie"), and let's have a song where he illustrates himself as a monster (eg like "threatened")

So don't "put your hand in the fire" for this, we can only speculate

It's all Michael to me. I listen to this album over and over because I love it so much. The voice on this album is the same to me like any other album I listen to. The expression, the breathing everything. Everything! Nobody can imitate that for me. It is all him.

How did you measure these %'s without valid technical equipment and methods?

I still think that they just overproduced /the songs/his voice. Because its illegal and senseless to release an album with fake songs, isnt it?!

I still think that they just overproduced /the songs/his voice. Because its illegal and senseless to release an album with fake songs, isnt it?!

yes..it's illegal and senseless, but that never stops a coporation, from doing whatever they want. people just tend to wish to think that coporations never do any wrong. they don't think that corporations are ever willing to operate above the law, because of investors. but there are many historical cases where coporations do just that. they operate above the law, and have investors invest in it, because there are many investors that simply invest in their own ego. they think they are smarter than the average citizen, so it's easy for them to make the big investment in that. if you notice, even on this board, many who truly believe what they believe, will stick to it, and are willing to bet their lives on it, because they just simply believe it. so, it's not really a question of whether or not something is a good investment. it's just a matter of people wanting to be right. and many will invest in that, alone, even if they are wrong. ego is a truly commanding thing in a person's life, and not too many are willing to admit to that. it's not just a matter of gaining knowledge, it's a matter of having a belief and being offended by having someone else try to change it. that, in itself, is very attractive for a person to invest big money in. it happens all the time.

that's the key to the probes in america, where many big corporations like 'Enron', and white collar crminals like Madoff, were caught, and brought down, only after they swindled many citizens of their own country, out of great amounts of money. Enron and Madoff had a lot of people invest BIG money in them.

when a person truly believes they are impervious to getting caught, they think they are like a god, and nobody can touch them. it's seductive to invest money in that belief. and many corporations have invested money in that belief, over and over again.

and let's face it..as we can plainly see here..many citizens feed the god sized ego of those corporations. so, the corporations believe the hype.

the phrase 'those who don't observe history are doomed to repeat it', doesn't apply to those corporations, and their execs with the god complex.

Last edited:

You say that like Sony's never done it before! Has everyone forgotten Milli Vanilli???

yes..it's illegal and senseless, but that never stops a coporation, from doing whatever they want. people just tend to wish to think that coporations never do any wrong. they don't think that corporations are ever willing to operate above the law, because of investors. but there are many historical cases where coporations do just that. they operate above the law, and have investors invest in it, because there are many investors that simply invest in their own ego. they think they are smarter than the average citizen, so it's easy for them to make the big investment in that. if you notice, even on this board, many who truly believe what they believe, will stick to it, and are willing to bet their lives on it, because they just simply believe it. so, it's not really a question of whether or not something is a good investment. it's just a matter of people wanting to be right. and many will invest in that, alone, even if they are wrong. ego is a truly commanding thing in a person's life, and not too many are willing to admit to that. it's not just a matter of gaining knowledge, it's a matter of having a belief and being offended by having someone else try to change it. that, in itself, is very attractive for a person to invest big money in. it happens all the time.

that's the key to the probes in america, where many big corporations like 'Enron', and white collar crminals like Madoff, were caught, and brought down, only after they swindled many citizens of their own country, out of great amounts of money. Enron and Madoff had a lot of people invest BIG money in them.

when a person truly believes they are impervious to getting caught, they think they are like a god, and nobody can touch them. it's seductive to invest money in that belief. and many corporations have invested money in that belief, over and over again.

and let's face it..as we can plainly see here..many citizens feed the god sized ego of those corporations. so, the corporations believe the hype.

the phrase 'those who don't observe history are doomed to repeat it', doesn't apply to those corporations, and their execs with the god complex.

Beautifully written.

Sony Music... breaking the law...

"Under the agreement, SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, one of the world's leading record companies and owner of a number of major record labels, has agreed to stop making payments and providing expensive gifts to radio stations and their employees in return for "airplay" for the company's songs. Such payoffs violate state and federal law."

http://www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=653

I hear MJ on all tracks, including back up singers, if they are proved to be fake as you say, I can live with it. Just looking forward to that lawsuit then. Bring it on.

I hear MJ on all tracks, including back up singers, if they are proved to be fake as you say, I can live with it. Just looking forward to that lawsuit then. Bring it on.

I'm with you.
And as things go on and on I get to this point : sometimes I'ld want the 3 tracks to be fake! It would proove many people right and they would be satisfied with the result of their campaigns and they would be more certain than ever that they're doing good job with this fight.
Would'nt it be "heroic" in the end?
And I would change side...
The other side is more comfortable anyway, it is more comfortable to criticize to pieces and accuse of fraud...

But for my consciousness, my intention to be true, it is better for me to not wanting the vocals to be fake... so I'll stay with this integrity...

I am looking forward to a lawsuit too, mariemarie.

I'm with you.
And as things go on and on I get to this point : sometimes I'ld want the 3 tracks to be fake! It would proove many people right and they would be satisfied with the result of their campaigns and they would be more certain than ever that they're doing good job with this fight.
Would'nt it be "heroic" in the end?
And I would change side...
The other side is more comfortable anyway, it is more comfortable to criticize to pieces and accuse of fraud...

But for my consciousness, my intention to be true, it is better for me to not wanting the vocals to be fake... so I'll stay with this integrity...

I am looking forward to a lawsuit too, mariemarie.

I'm with you on this, 100%!!!:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back