Three Jacksons' albums will be re-released with bonus songs and the Live will be re-issued

The remaining three albums will be release in Expanded Version on This April 30: Triumph, Victory and 2300 Jackson Street
Add tracks
Triumph - Can You Feel It [Remixes]: MLK Remix, Island Remix and Kirk Franklin Remix
2300 Jackson Street - Art of Madness (Percapella)
Cr.: https://twitter.com/RobLives4Love/status/1372767419370856452

Last edited:
The remaining three albums will be release in Expanded Version on This April 8: Triumph, Victory and 2300 Jackson Street
Add tracks
Triumph - Can You Feel It [Remixes]: MLK Remix, Island Remix and Kirk Franklin Remix
2300 Jackson Street - Art of Madness (Percapella)
Cr.: https://twitter.com/RobLives4Love/status/1372767419370856452

You can already see them in the iTunes Store:

Triumph (Expanded Version)
Victory (Expanded Version)
2300 Jackson Street (Expanded Version)

Is there a good place to purchase these in lossless format? I'm sold especially on the victory reissue.

I received the Live album today from Amazon!

Does someone know how to get the US Version for "The Jackson - Live" in Europe. Buying from Amazon USA is now totally expensive. 35 Euro incl. taxes.

Maxym;4320163 said:
Qobuz: https://www.qobuz.com/be-fr/interpreter/the-jacksons/download-streaming-albums?s=rdc#results

(Now I'm a bit disappointed when I see that the Hi - Res versions of the re-editions are only 44.1 kHz/24bit .. for Hi Res I would expect at least 96 kHz... Also, I bought Thriller in Hi Res, and only the album tracks were actual Hi Res, non of the bonus.)

Just noticed each Qobuz store in Euro-zone charges different prices for the reissues.

Qobuz FR: 18,99€
Qobuz BE: 21,99€
Qobuz DE: 16,99€
Qobuz AT: 21,99€
Qobuz LU: 21,99€
Qobuz ES: 21,99€
Qobuz IT: 21,99€
Qobuz NL: 21,99€

Are you talking of the Hi-Res quality ?
Because from Belgium for Triumph and Victory I see CD quality at 18,99 and 21,99.
16,99 would match the "Hi Res" for the first three albums.
2300 is the more expensive (more tracks I guess).

I've got them all except Goin' Places. My biggest question is, will they sound like overcompressed garbage like nearly all remasters?

will they sound like overcompressed garbage like nearly all remasters?

Probably, because it needs to sound louder for deaf people ;-)

I'm usually allergic to overcompressed and bass/drums enriched reissues.
But, I'm not disturbed by the Jacksons 2008 remasters and such. Also I thought that Thriller's remasters are OK (though I can hear the difference if I listen to various released to compare them. (Other than these, I keep away from remasters as much as possible.)
So I still have hope that they didn't screw up these one yet.

Anyone who got the first three albums 2021 release has compared ?

I'm considering buy some of them ... those with the most appealing extras ... but in case can someone give me a description of how bad the mastering is?

I'm considering buy some of them ... those with the most appealing extras ... but in case can someone give me a description of how bad the mastering is?
The remastered may be the equivalent of 2009.

Epic/Legacy Recordings Releases Two New Remixes of The Jacksons’ “Can You Feel It” Out Today

Epic Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, today will release the second wave of expanded digital editions of essential titles in The Jacksons catalog: Triumph (1980), Victory (1984), and 2300 Jackson Street (1989). In addition to The Jacksons X MLK remix released on March 19, the Triumph re-release includes two additional new remixes of The Jacksons’ “Can You Feel It”: The Kirk Franklin Remix and The Island Remix featuring David Sanborn.

“These albums were released at a defining time in our career, and we thank Sony Music for recognizing the legacy of this music and our historic relationship with the label,” said Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson.

The third single from the Triumph album, “Can You Feel It” hit #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Charts (and #77 on the Hot 100) following its release in March 1981. Written and arranged by Michael Jackson and Jackie Jackson, the track was produced by The Jacksons and features lead vocals by Michael and Randy Jackson accompanied by gospel choirs.

On Kirk Franklin’s remix of the classic Jacksons recording, the Grammy Award-winning contemporary gospel artist reminds everyone that “the winds of change are blowing your way” while channeling a Sunday church service with gospel musicians and choir, the soulful vocals of the legendary Tamela Mann and Franklin’s own call-and-response with Michael Jackson. This remix also serves as the electrifying soundtrack to a new music video set in a church and celebrating the inspirational soul-gospel vibe and message of the song.

https://www.legacyrecordings.com/20...es-of-the-jacksons-can-you-feel-it-out-today/

[video=youtube;zFwiwLO0zhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFwiwLO0zhg[/video]

Produced by Greg Curtis, “Can You Feel It” (The Island Remix) showcases six-time Grammy-winning saxophonist/jazz legend David Sanborn lending his signature sound to the laidback groove propelling this new mix.

The new “Can You Feel It” music video and remixes are the latest installments in this year’s celebration of the groundbreaking series of albums The Jacksons recorded for Epic Records from 1976-1989.

The remastered may be the equivalent of 2009.

I have not bought anything yet and I don't feel any rush to do so but

Somebody sent those( the song is Things I Do For You from Destiny).

I think that it's only an hint, not as a real listening test. But also listen to the tracks on YouTube, they sound somewhat worse for 2021.

2008 remaster:
TIDFY-30th-Anniv-Snip.jpg

2021:
TIDFY-Expanded-snip.jpg

John McClain has been given producing credits for all three CYFI remixes.

In case you guys didn't know. three of the songs on the extended edition of 2300 Jackson Street are non-album tracks/B-sides that, until now, were incredibly rare and seldom heard by the public.

Keep Her:

When I Look At You:

Please Come Back To Me:

Also, I feel like they missed a perfect opportunity to include the live recording of "If You'd Only Believe" from the 1994 Jacksons Family Honors, which has completely different lyrics from the album version and also features Michael singing (and also Celine Dion for some reason)

Also, I feel like they missed a perfect opportunity to include ...

They also forgot "Time out for the burglar".

(Regarding If You'd Only Believe, if I remember well there are guests involved, that can make things harder regarding rights.)

I know, but since it isn't related to any album, I think it would fit better with 2300 than with Victory.

Don't forget also that MJ released a Dangerous song on Thriller reissues...

For All Time was previously unreleased when it was issued on T25. With Burglar this wouldn't be the case.

Burglar

I know, but since it isn't related to any album, I think it would fit better with 2300 than with Victory.
Burglar is on a soundtrack on a different label (MCA). So Sony would have to license it from MCA (or whoever owns their catalog now) to use it. The Wiz soundtrack & E.T. Storybook were also originally released on MCA.

Not related to any *Jacksons* album. And then, Someone In The Dark was also on Thriller 2001 and on TUC.

I mean, I think things would have been more complete if they hadn't left this track out, and the best place for it would have been with 2300.

Universal

Not related to any *Jacksons* album. And then, Someone In The Dark was also on Thriller 2001 and on TUC.

I mean, I think things would have been more complete if they hadn't left this track out, and the best place for it would have been with 2300.
I just found out that Universal owns MCA Records today. So it might be possible that the original master recordings for the Burglar soundtrack do not exist anymore. A lot of Universal's music master recordings and original film reels were burned up in a warehouse fire in 2008, which was just reported 2 or 3 years ago in a magazine article. Many artists were not aware their masters were gone until the article. I don't know when Universal bought MCA though, it could have been after the fire.

Same for E.T. Storybook then?

If it was in the fire, then yes. But I don't know if it was there or not. I remember it was said that some of Janet Jackson's masters were in the fire. Janet was on A&M and later Virgin, she was never on MCA. Here's a thread about the fire if you're interested:
The Day The Music Burned.

I just checked, Time Out For Burglar is not on any streaming sites like Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, or iTunes. It's on Youtube, but not any official uploads, only a few people posting their record/tape copies. Apparently the entire soundtrack is out of print. I don't think the movie was a big hit either, so I don't see the soundtrack being re-released.

DuranDuran;4321805 said:

If it was in the fire, then yes. But I don't know if it was there or not. I remember it was said that some of Janet Jackson's masters were in the fire. Janet was on A&M and later Virgin, she was never on MCA. Here's a thread about the fire if you're interested:
The Day The Music Burned.

I just checked, Time Out For Burglar is not on any streaming sites like Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, or iTunes. It's on Youtube, but not any official uploads, only a few people posting their record/tape copies. Apparently the entire soundtrack is out of print. I don't think the movie was a big hit either, so I don't see the soundtrack being re-released.

Janet Jackson's masters are apparently still safe and exist because they were not destroyed by the 2008 fire.

Universal Music stated that this New York Times article (‘The Day The Music Burned, The Story Of The 2008 Universal Fire’) is misleading.

According to Universal Music, this New York Times article contains “numerous inaccuracies, misleading statements, contradictions and fundamental misunderstandings of the scope of the incident and affected assets”, and as a result this article gives a false, exaggerated presentation of the actual damage by the fire in 2008.

Universal Music stated also in July (2019) that only 22 masters were destroyed by the fire.

These 22 masters are associated with five specific artists (Janet Jackson is not among these five artists).

Universal Music even revealed that they located safety copies and duplicate masters for each one of these destroyed by the fire 22 masters.

Back