MJ Estate Probate Notes

The judge will just throw it out. There should be some kind of law stating they can't file at all after so many frivolous filings. I'm not sure how that works .. Plus if she has an attorney backing that crap filing for her, he should be reprimanded. But By the wording of most her idiotic claims, I think she is just filing these herself.

I'm curious who the restraining order is for ? Possible her trying to contact harass the estate

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here ~ Jack Nicholson :giggle:

The judge will just throw it out. There should be some kind of law stating they can't file at all after so many frivolous filings. I'm not sure how that works .. Plus if she has an attorney backing that crap filing for her, he should be reprimanded. But By the wording of most her idiotic claims, I think she is just filing these herself.

I'm curious who the restraining order is for ? Possible her trying to contact harass the estate

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here ~ Jack Nicholson :giggle:

That quote suits perfectly for the estate to use for certain cases :D

Oh Lordy, gotta hand it to us Brits, when we do crazy we go all the way - and we are persistent :hysterical:

Didn't she also have a 'thing' for Taryll and Jermaine a some point?

ALLOWANCE OF FEES

FACTS: Petnrs have retained numerous attys to represent them in connection with the numerous complexities of the MJJ Business, its structure and the worldwide litigation, as well as the probate administration. Each law firm serves a distinct purpose and petnrs and their counsel have endeavored to avoid the duplication of efforts. Petnrs' legal team consists of the Ziffren Firm as general entertainment counsel, Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, APC and Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP as probate counsel (the Weitzman Firm is also general litigation counsel). Greenberg Traurig, LLP deals with issues relating to trademark. copyright and publicity rights worldwide (incl, without limitation, filing trademark applications, investigating registrations and bringing claims or overseeing litigation overseas), entertainment and corporate related matters, and various litigation matters. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP also represents the Estate in litigation matters. Venable L LP handles corporate and financing matters. In addition, petnrs have engaged other attys with particular
expertise and who are authorized to practice in the jurisdictions where issues have arisen, to address certain specific matters, such as trademark issues in England, Germany, Japan, France, Canada, South Korea, Australia, Colombia, Spain, and Benelux, corporate matters, and copyright infringement issues. Counsel for petnrs have rendered extraordinary svcs fbo estate, which svcs are described in the decls that will be filed or lodged with the court.

RELIEF:
1) JTD atty fees to Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, APC of $313,636.66 in addition to the $731,818.84 paid on account pursuant to this
Court's 2010 Orders, for a total of $1,045,455.50 for legal services rendered for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, and reimbursement in the amount of $11,733.68 for costs advanced
2) JTD atty fees to Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP of $696,340.27 in addition to the $2,114,993.69 paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of $2,811,333.96 for legal services rendered for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of $68,119.21 for costs advanced
3) JTD atty fees to Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP of $503.864.40 in addition to the $1,251,742.43 paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of $1,755,606.83 for legal services rendered for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of $79,174.33 for costs advanced
4) JTD atty fees to Venable LLP of $73,314.35 in addition to the $173,955.79 paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of $247,270.14 for legal services rendered for the10-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of $2,214.14 for costs advanced.
5) JTD atty fees to Greenberg Traurig LLP of $185,835.44 in addition to the $839,780.38 paid on acct pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of $1,025,615.82 for legal services rendered for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of $225,232.32 for costs advanced, including amounts paid on account for reasonable fees advanced
6) JTD atty fees to Arnold & Porter (UK) of 47,091.45 pounds in addition to the 121,640 pounds paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of 168,731.45 pounds for legal services rendered in the UK for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement of 11,759.95 pounds for costs advanced
7) JTD atty fees to TMI Firm of 1,567,933 yen for legal services rendered in Japan for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of 1,705 yen for costs advanced
8) JTD atty fees to Mori Hamada & Matsumoto of 4,017,150.02 yen in addition to the 11,144.359.98 paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of 15,161,510 for legal svcs rendered in Japan for 4-mo period from 10/31/12, up to and incl 2/28/13, which includes
reimbursement in the amount of 271,010 yen for costs advanced
9) JTD atty fees to Noerr LLP in amount of 39,500.93 euros addition to the 102,413.98 euros paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of 141,914.91 euros for legal services rendered in Germany for the 13-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, which includes reimbursement in the amount of 10,245.10 euros for costs advanced. Also to the Noerr Firm, for services rendered in Spain, 14,624.25 euros in addition to the 36,845.76 euros paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders, for a total of 51,470.001 for legal svcs rendered for the same period, including reimbursement in the amount of 2,722.51 euros for costs advanced
10) JTD atty fees to Franklin Weinrib Rudell & Vassallo of $21,378 for legal services rendered for the 16-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 3/31/12, all of which was paid on account pursuant this Court's 2010 Orders
11) JTD atty fees to Jones Day of $47,427.50 for legal services for the 13-mo period form 12/1/11, up to and incl 12/31/12, and
reimbursement in the amount of $975.55 for costs advanced, for a total billed of $48,403.05, all of which was paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders.
12) JTD atty fees to Lavely & Singer of $2,940 for legal svcs for 12-mo period from 12/1/11, up to and incl 11/30/12, all of which was paid on account pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders
13) JTD atty fees to Hochman, Salkin, Rettig, Toscher & Perez, P.C. of $26,244 in addition to the $61,726.50 paid on ccount pursuant to this Court's 2010 Orders for a total of $88,006.50 for legal services rendered through 12/31/12
15) JTD atty fees to Albright Stoddard of $690 for legal services relating to property and proceedings in Nevada, all of which was paid
on account pisuant to this Court' 2010 Orders

PA COMMENTS: GAL fee petn on cal at 10:00 a.m.; this matter to be trailed to 10:00 to meet? o/w JTDs 5, 10 & 11 were deferred to this date; unclear whether JTD 7 was ruled upon - see note in < > at JTD 7 from prior m.o. - T/T

Wow. I know the attorneys have to be paid for their services but it's impressive the amount of money the estate has to paid.

Wow. I know the attorneys have to be paid for their services but it's impressive the amount of money the estate has to paid.

Yes it is. John Branca is entertainment lawyer so he doesn't have expertise to handle these cases so executors have to hire relevant people to take care of those cases.
I must say that some of those payments should be sent to Katherine and Joe as some of the cases are their doinging. Dieter W and Joe has been wheeling and dealing in japan and the estate sent hired lawyers to sort them out. There was the case about Howard Mann, which was Katherine fault. Heal the world (Melissa Johnson) also Katherine's fault. Without Jermaine introducing Tohme to MJ, the estate would have saved a fortune by attorneys fees. There were more cases caused by family actions, but those bills should be sent to directly to the ones who caused them.

Wait until there is going to be billing for KJ lawyers for AEG case, then we'll have a heart attack when we see the amounts they are asking:bugeyed

Yes it is. John Branca is entertainment lawyer so he doesn't have expertise to handle these cases so executors have to hire relevant people to take care of those cases.
I must say that some of those payments should be sent to Katherine and Joe as some of the cases are their doinging. Dieter W and Joe has been wheeling and dealing in japan and the estate sent hired lawyers to sort them out. There was the case about Howard Mann, which was Katherine fault. Heal the world (Melissa Johnson) also Katherine's fault. Without Jermaine introducing Tohme to MJ, the estate would have saved a fortune by attorneys fees. There were more cases caused by family actions, but those bills should be sent to directly to the ones who caused them.

Wait until there is going to be billing for KJ lawyers for AEG case, then we'll have a heart attack when we see the amounts they are asking:bugeyed

This is really sad. There is a famous classic by Charles Dickens about a case called Jarndyce and Jarndyce which goes on for decades between the heirs to a wealthy estate until there is only one heir left, an old lady who is poverty-stricken waiting for the resolution of the case. The case only ends when the lawyers have spent ALL the money in the estate, leaving nothing for the one remaining heir. It is very sad and looks like this is what is going on here as well--Jackson vs. Jackson (in a way). The only ones who ended up benefiting in the Dickens' book were the lawyers. Hope the Estate can manage to prevent that happening here but there are too many hands in the pot for sure.

Branca is a lawyer , I bet if the money was HIS he would have never been so willing to give it away . He is buying his peace of mind using the kids money . If he really cared about the future of those kids he would have made it clear long time ago to the Jacksons including Katherine that they were the ones to pay not the estate.

^^Harsh but I somewhat agree with you. He/they(executors) are too soft with KJ and family, and seemingly give in to KJ rather than have a public spat with her. Their hands are tied because if the go against KJ, Randy and Co have their fingers on speed dial to nearest tabloid with exclusive how big bad executors not giving enough money to poor KJ or make her to pay her outragous spending on attorneys etc.
------------------------------------

I'm very curious about this bit of kids GAL's billing:
"71.6 hrs re:family allowance including 4 hearings and many meetings. 29.9 re: review of other fiduciary/professionals' fee petitions; 2.6 hrs re: misc administration incl review of accounts, I & As, etc. .20 hrs re: discussion re: tax audit w/ estate attys; 2.2 hrs re: discussion w/administrators re: consulting fees paid to Katherine Jackson."

She spent 71.6 hours o family allowance issues and then she spent 2.2 hours talking to executors about consulting fee that the estate paid to KJ?
I find it exremely tacky if the estate needs KJ's help or consultation with some issues, she asks to be paid!

Come on now she asked to be paid $ 200,000 to do an interview to defend MJ " it's need, not greed" :smilerolleyes:

I do agree they are catering to Katherine a little too much for my liking, but to a point I do get it that they don't want to be made to look bad in the media by "stressing out the poor old grieving mother". I do think after she passes they will stop bending over backwards for any Jackson.

I'm sure they don't want to have to deal with a sobbing KJ on national TV with the kids sitting next to her holding her hand while she talks about how mean the Estate is being to her. After all she is a saint and a very fragile, poor, little old lady in many peoples minds.

I'm sure they don't want to have to deal with a sobbing KJ on national TV with the kids sitting next to her holding her hand while she talks about how mean the Estate is being to her. After all she is a saint and a very fragile, poor, little old lady in many peoples minds.
true.. given her age I dougt they will have to tolerate her for very long time though.

When this happen and did MJ paid that $200,000?

No she asked for money during the trial for an interview to defend MJ. She asked for money to defend her own son! A son who was facing LIFE IN PRISON! For $#$%%#$sake what kind of a low life greedy person does this?!

I'm lost. Where does it say Katherine ask for money to defend Michael?

after MJ was charged in 2003 , she was approached by a British tabloid to make an interview with Joe to defend MJ, she asked for $ 200000 .

No she asked for money during the trial for an interview to defend MJ. She asked for money to defend her own son! A son who was facing LIFE IN PRISON! For $#$%%#$sake what kind of a low life greedy person does this?!

Great, Joe and Katherine are some parents. Joe asks Michael to go on tour with brother when they drove to court to hear whether Michael would be sentenced to prison for rest of his life, and mother won't open her mouth until she gets paid.

In the car to the verdict? I thought it was in the hospital. I didn't know Katherine asked for money like that. We are fans and we defend Michael for free. I would never ask for money.

Now I got it. I was reading the list of payments the estate has to make and I didn't see anything about Katherine asking the estate for money to defend Michael.

I don't trust Katherine but I don't believe she asked for money to defend Michael. I don't think she would do those kind of things when Michael was alive. I'm inclined to believe it was Joe & not Katherine. I don't think she would do anything to annoy Michael after all, he was the one giving her everything she wanted, right? She said so in court.

She did and it's well documented. Maybe fans who were around that time can fill you in. This is not something that's being made up by any of us or anyone else. EVERYONE who was around from 03-05 knows this. It was huge issue back then as well.

She did and it's well documented. Maybe fans who were around that time can fill you in. This is not something that's being made up by any of us or anyone else. EVERYONE who was around from 03-05 knows this. It was huge issue back then as well.

Please don't think I don't believe what most people say here. There's only a handful of people I don't believe much because they prefer see things from the Jackson's point of view.

My doubt is because I really don't think a mother will do that. Granted, she made a deal with the Moonies, which was wrong, but it's completely different to make money out of your own son when he's going through his lowest time. And I say it again, I don't think positively about Katherine, but it's hard to believe she will do something like that. She had to think what would do to Michael emotions if he found out. So, since Joe was also involved in the possible interview, I leaned to believe it was Joe going after the money.

I guess my problem is that I want to believe there's something good in Katherine.

Even if Joe asked, she was right there with him not exactly disapproving of his actions. And if you asked her, she'll probably try to defend him like she usually does.

Even if Joe asked, she was right there with him not exactly disapproving of his actions. And if you asked her, she'll probably try to defend him like she usually does.

Your right. Joe is capable of many bad things and Katherine seems to go along with it. Sometimes I forget that she's kind of a passive abuser.

Ivy, do you know when we get to see final accounting?
The estate have date set for it
12/06/2013 at 08:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE - PROBATE(RE FNL ACCTG OR 12200 STATUS RPTTO BE FILED AND SET FOR HRG.)

I'm not curious at all:cheeky:

Ivy, do you know when we get to see final accounting?
The estate have date set for it
12/06/2013 at 08:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE - PROBATE(RE FNL ACCTG OR 12200 STATUS RPTTO BE FILED AND SET FOR HRG.)

I'm not curious at all:cheeky:

I'm hoping soon if there's not an extension request. I keep checking "documents filed" section when we see the accounting document there we will try to get it although it would take us a few weeks to do so

Ok thanks.
Is this third and final accounting in a matter of over 4 years?

does that mean it will be out of probate after the final accounting?

^^^ I think it is, but we have to wait until Ivy wakes up to confirm:)

If I remember right, last year the estate applied extension as they weren't ready to close the probate?

I know when they close probate, then we won't be seeing any accounting or legal stuff anymore.

court always call it the final accounting in the hopes that the probate will be able to close. If it's not ready to be closed Executors ask for an extension. Given the IRS tax dispute I would imagine that they would get an extension.

Back