Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

This Is It I saw more than once, Michael in good health, knowing what he wanted, just a little thin

Off topic, but your signature is absolutely heartbreaking. ='( what they put him through...

Here is it

Michael is a healthy person, he loves performing, he was kinda skinny, but for a 50 shows! and 1-2 days between each show, i would say that would have really got him really very exhausted, and we all know Michael doesn't eat well just few sandwiches even though we heard that he brought salads at the rehearsals and he doesn't sleep enough because he wants to do the best job, and that would also made him worry alot and getting worried how show the world the greatest show on earth, he might ended up that fine, that's kinda hard, even to anyone, and i believe in him, that's all

So .. Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with ( alot of breaks here and there and
enough sleep with more healthy food) "KFC" JK :D

No fights =) with love L.O.V.E

Yes, I do think he was healthy and could have performed all 50 shows. The good thing is that the shows were all in one location and he didn't have the stress and lag time of traveling. I do think that given the power behind his performances and his age, the shows should have been delayed a couple of more months. I agree with Lou Ferrigno who was training Michael, he did need some more time to get his strength and flexibility back to 100%. According to the LA coroners report and prior medical evaluations, Michael was a very healthy 50 year old. The problem comes in when the doctor enters the picture in May. I think had it not been for this need or dependency of a sleep aid, Michael would still be here. He had become way too thin though. We really don't know if he wasn't eating properly or if something he was given by the doctor was affecting him. I do believe this would have been a spectacular show. I enjoyed the movie, but I really wanted to see him on stage one more time.

Yes i think he would have been able to do them all! Michael is a perfectionist there is no way he would have gone on that stage opening night unprepared for what lay ahead, Like someone else said in the thread its not like he had one show after another, he didnt have to travel. It would have been perfect for him! :( God why did i even think about this! :(

Genuine curiosity. Since New Years for some reason, I went into HEAVY, HEAVY depression mode. I had felt nothing like this in the past 6 months, it's as if a storm just came and hit me in the face real hard. I felt this emptiness and just couldn't stop crying. I think the video of the fans taking the Christmas tree to forest lawn helped trigger this out pour of grief, as well as other things I read and heard. I have no idea why this is happened to me (still in depression mode), and I came back on here to try and make myself feel better. But now all these questions are popping up in my head and I'm trying to find the answers/opinions to them. I thought there was already a thread covering this topic, but I couldn't find it =/.

O I am sorry you are so down....you are correct it is not easy...I have days were I am so damn angry I dont know what to do..then I get days when I feel depressed and cry some....so I think what you are feeling is probably normal...I hope you fee; better..:hug:

O I am sorry you are so down....you are correct it is not easy...I have days were I am so damn angry I dont know what to do..then I get days when I feel depressed and cry some....so I think what you are feeling is probably normal...I hope you fee; better..:hug:

Thank you :)

I don't think we are the ones to judge and say yes or no.
The only person that would know is Michael. Not us, Not a Dr, Not his family, Not AEG
Only Michael would have known what he was and wasn't capable of doing.

I completely agree with this.

The only person that would know is Michael. Not us, Not a Dr, Not his family, Not AEG

It doesn't hurt to wonder though...

answer : yes.

Based on the info we have now and seeing all the energy in TII i believe he could have.

Had he not died from an overdose I think we would have seen some spectacular shows.

I voted no.
To be real honest I always believed he would get through July and August, then break down and cancel September, and come back in January. Not because I didn't believe in Michael, but simply because I was being realistic. Nothing ever happened the way Michael planned it to happen so I was kinda skeptic. However I NEVER expected the summer to turn out the way it has.

Seeing This Is It in the theatre did make me realize that Michael was stronger than we thought, though. Determined, and working hard for US.

I read that Kenny Ortega ,or if it was Travis Payne ,said that the last week he really thought Michael could do it .He also said that Michael said he could do it.
I guess they meant that he could do 50 shows.
I think that the last week they began to feel that the show was getting ready too and then they got more excited.

I also read that Michael wanted a special opus book just for this is it.

I think he could do it.
There were going to be more time in London to rest than during the rehearsals and I think he could put up some weight than.I think he used a lot of energy for the rehearsals and couldn´t eat enough to keep it up.
He had kids now and he used to eat lunch with them.

Last edited:

Yes, After watching TII and now knowing what we know, I believe he could have completed the shows. I do not believe he was "too skinny", and according to reports he was a healthy man before leaving this realm. Keep in mind people, weight didn't kill Michael, Michael was killed at the hands of another. So with that said, Yes, Yes he could have.

Yes, I do believe he could. I also think that he was up for something with his brothers. God knows what. Skinny? So what, I'm skinny. Some of my friends are skinny. Doesn't really matter that much.

Hell......YEAH! 50 SHOWS AND MORE!

When I bought my ticket and during the months between then and June did I think to myself 'can he do all 50?' I'm not going to lie, yes I did think that. But after seeing TII was I in any doubt that he could have done all 50, oh hell no.

I'm i the only one who thinks that Michael looked way better during This Is It than what he did during the 30th Anniversary concerts back in 2001?

Any performer that is in good shape could do 50 shows, but obviously they need breaks. MJ wasn't going to be doing one show a night, there would be a period of a day or two between shows to rest up and review any mistakes that may have possibly been made.

Of course, there was also the "first leg/second leg" setup where there were going to be shows performed in '09 and '10.

Dutchie said:
Nothing ever happened the way Michael planned it to happen so I was kinda skeptic.
What exactly went wrong on the Bad Tour and HIStory Tour? We all know why the Dangerous Tour was cancelled.

Yes I do believe in Michael :)

I do believe that Michael was capable of doing the 50 shows because
A) He was having at least a one day break between each one
B) He was going to have a 3 month break halfway through
C) He wasn't having to travel and deal with jetlag etc
D) 50 is not that old...I am nearly 50 and have loads of energy
E) Michael had been there, done that before and new how to prepare for a long series of shows
F) He was fired up and ready to Rock & Roll, so to speak!!
G) He wanted to do this for his Kids, to show them what he was all about
H) Sure he was skinny but that is nothing new, he has always had a slim build, but then so do a lot of athletes, for instance marathon runners who run for miles on a daily basis.
I think im done now
So, yes I believe he could have done it and had total faith in him performing all shows unless he surcombed to the flu or larygitis (Opps how do u spell that!!) etc

YES!!!!! He would have done it for his kids and for us. No doubt about it!:clapping:

Any performer that is in good shape could do 50 shows, but obviously they need breaks. MJ wasn't going to be doing one show a night, there would be a period of a day or two between shows to rest up and review any mistakes that may have possibly been made.

Of course, there was also the "first leg/second leg" setup where there were going to be shows performed in '09 and '10.

What exactly went wrong on the Bad Tour and HIStory Tour? We all know why the Dangerous Tour was cancelled.

I wasn't talking about the tours, but yes the Dangerous tour is an example in a way. In the past years, there's been many examples of things Michael had planned that didn't happen or didn't happen the way they were planned. For example, Michael was supposed to attend an afterparty organized for the fans after the World Music Awards in 2006. It never happened, and organizers (fans) were left with debt and dissapointment.

Michael has cancelled shows and performances before because he'd end up in hospital due to working too hard and breaking down :(

Anyway......my point was that the whole "This is It" thing seemed too perfect. I just expected something (but not as bad as what happened now) to happen.

This thread makes me so sad :cry:

I don't know.. I mean yes he looked thin we all know that but he looked also very energetic in the rehearsals. I don't know could he have finished all the shows, I just don't know.

My response was Yeah, with (more or plenty of) breaks in between. I say this because of his arthritis which is a hindrance and also he needed to put on a bit more weight since everytime he has performances to prepare for, he tends to dehydrate easily from the intense practicing and he forgets to eat.

Of course he could...
he done almost like 100 concert at the bad tour and 69 at dangerous tour so yes :)

Okay my head says "Yeah he could of done 50 shows" mainly because I was going to be attending some.
but my heart really says "No"
:( It's such a hard question.. who knows?
I don't think ALL 50 could of gone smoothly in my opinion.
50 is a lot for anybody.
sigh.. :( we didn't even get to see one :cry:

With the gaps in between, all in one place (London) and with no shady and phony people around him only looking out for money, and with no intent from anyone to kill him, YES!!, absolutely.

I'm amazed this thread is still open :bugeyed

I dont believe michael wanted to do 50 shows, I believe he wanted to do 10 shows I think he was pressured to do 50 shows, my answer is no. 50 shows was way to many and to close together.

Back