Teddy Talk Only

Re: Great interview with Teddy Riley by ThatGrapeJuice.net (for the non-believers)

^ :clapping: I guess the consumer fraud case that is about to be filed by this army of naysayers, led by voice of reason Taryll Jackson, will reveal all this.

Is this really going to happen?? Because I've said all along T. Jackson should go do it and shut his mouth.

I cringed too when i read that lyric 'eat your soul like a vegetable', who wrote that? A four year old?

Do you remember the song Wanna Be Startin' Something????

"You're a vegetable, you're a vegetable.
They eat off of you, they eat off of you.
You're a vegetable."

What was MJ walking about with that line? Being picked upon and grabbed out by a thousand hands, etc. Same concept with Monster.

Once again someone lobs a criticism at Monster in which they actually criticize Michael.

That is exactly what I was going to post about "vegetable" you beat me to it! LOL. Thanks you really summarized better than I could have ever done.

For those that was around during the Vince era, fans also talked shit about some of the songs there, so that is nothing new, it's a personal taste.

Monster is a cool song, makes me want to slap somebody and dance at the same time LOL!! It's strong!

Agree. I just love that track- It is slamming, killer whatever you call it! Amazing!

Re: Teddy Riley explains why MJ sounds different on some of the tracks

MJ fans keep complaining about "MJ haters"............

But some MJ fans have become "MJ associate haters"..........which means they hate anyone who is associated with Michael.........

I am with Teddy Riley. I have to say he really tried.

Re: Feud erupt between Teddy Riley and Will.I.Am

Teddy is a funny guy :cheeky: I think we are facing more controversy here with Teddy's behavior :)

MJ fans keep complaining about "MJ haters"............

But some MJ fans have become "MJ associate haters"..........which means they hate anyone who is associated with Michael.........

I have always not hated the haters but just let them live their life. And people who have worked with him I have always tried to understand.

I don't hate Teddy Riley, I never said that. I said that in my opinion it's silly to think MJ is still alive, and that's what Riley believes. Naturally if he believes something that I think is silly I'm not very likely to trust his overall judgement at this point in time. I do not hate him!

'''edit'

Last edited:
Re: Great interview with Teddy Riley by ThatGrapeJuice.net (for the non-believers)

Fentman,
Of course i remember it, i love it! I'm well aware of the whole vegetable, buffet, people eatin off of you part of it. It's a brilliant song with brilliant lyrics.
It was not my intention to criticise MJ. As i don't believe he wrote or sang 'monster' i don't think i did.
As far as i am concerned the people that concocted the Cascio tracks tried to be clever using phrases and themes from previous work by MJ to make the tracks sound authentic. They failed and the 'eat your soul like a vegetable' lyric is just another ridiculous example of it. Breaking news is a pathetic attempt at a tabloid junkie type song etc etc In my opinion of course......

How is "eat your soul like a vegetable" any different from "You're a vegetable, they eat off you"? It's no difference, it's something Michael would write, and use. But because there is doubt regarding these songs, it's okay to have double standards. Wow.

It depends. I really don't pay much attention to it, I can see both sides: if you think the tracks are fake, then yes, it would seem like a cheap ripoff of something he's already done. If you think the tracks are legit, then it sounds like something he's done before and could conceivably do again.

It means little one way or the other.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

kasume;3139718 said:
A MASSIVE feud has broken out in Michael Jackson’s camp over the beyond-the-grave album that is hurtling towards Christmas Number One.

Will.i.am, one of the last people to make music with *****, has criticised producer Teddy Riley for putting out a posthumous disc, saying he is “disgusted”. Now Teddy has hit back in a bonkers phone rant.

I thought I’d share it in full...

He said: “I think he should have kept it to himself, I’m sorry. You know, if you got something to say that’s against my friend, you know, and upholding his legacy, what happens when you die? Should we just stop your music? Let me say this. This album is greater than his best album. Michael’s worst day is better than people’s best day.

“Because he’s such a perfectionist, so when you’ve got a person who’s such a perfectionist, when you got people like, um, Will.I.Am just throws his… you know, puts two things together, samples together and drop something and copy from so many different artists.

“You know what I’m saying?”

Over to you, Will.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...l-i-am-over-posthumous-album-115875-22786747/

Did Teddy just say that this 'Michael' album is better than 'Thriller'???

That must have been a joke! If not, then I think I needer stronger eye prescriptions, because I'm sure that's not what I read.

Should they stop his music? We never stopped Michael's music. Michael's music that he gave us when he was alive lives on. Michael made his music to live on for an eternity.

And that is what the 'Michael' album is. Or very similar to that. And I've even noticed so many copying and pasting on those songs of the album.

No, Teddy was saying that MICHAEL is better than Will's best album. And it didn't sound crazy at all, and he's right. What he said is all true, and Will just needs to STFU already because it's none of his business!

Last edited:

Sony should just not release any new music and just celebrate what HE gave us. That's it. Good sales, no bickering.

In my opinion, when I think of Michael's legacy, I stop at Invincible.

great P.R for the album (NOT) why is it that everyone who spent anytime around mj has totally lost the plot since 09.mj was the only sane one. see how the mirror say the albums going ot num1 presume its a recent article? thats so when it does poorly they can make a big headline out of it

kasume;3139718 said:
Teddy Riley
“Because he’s such a perfectionist, so when you’ve got a person who’s such a perfectionist, when you got people like, um, Will.I.Am just throws his… you know, puts two things together, samples together and drop something and copy from so many different artists.

“You know what I’m saying?”

Yeah Teddy exactly, sink in your own dirt
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DSue36BpH8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DSue36BpH8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Re: Teddy Riley confirms that the "new songs" are FAKE!

Omg......He Is Lying? He Maybe Changed His Voice A Little To Make It More Fitting For The Song? But Nothin' Else!!! This Is Michael Joseph Jackson People?

Re: Teddy Riley goves interview to Polish Radio Station concerning 'Michael'

Am I missing something as I do not hear him saying its not him, I hear him talking about playing with his voice but not saying its not him,

Stop with the fabrications will you. Damn
lol...

Thanks=)

that interview - so sad - teddy talking about 'I have the technology to change the leys' & 'we can take two songs and make it into one big hook' Teddy's gonna be asking for co-writing credits next.

LMFAO at teddy relating the story of him having to tell mike where he was singing flat - what utter rubbish, Mike had outstanding pitch - The number one reason a singer is singing flat in the studio is because the singer's voice is too soft in the headphone mix, this is basic recording 101 - And... if any singer is singing flat because he or she is tired, common sense basic production skills would suggest going home and coming back to it fresh the next day - I guess teddy is just trying to reinvent himself as the man who ressurected Mike's career whilst not even realising that he is well on the way to becoming the man who damaged Mike's legacy.

Teddy, time to wake up from the dream - you aren't trevor horn

Semih;3142337 said:
Yeah Teddy exactly, sink in your own dirt
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DSue36BpH8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Here is the fact:

The album&#8217;s major single and YMO&#8217;s biggest international hit, &#8220;Behind the Mask&#8221;, with lyrics penned by Chris Mosdell, was later revised by Michael Jackson, who added new lyrics.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1">[2]</sup> While Jackson's own recording of the song was never released, his version was covered by Ryuichi Sakamoto himself on his 1986 solo release "Media Bahn Live" (it was also covered by Greg Phillinganes and Eric Clapton).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Magic_Orchestra

Michael REVISED This song in the early 80's! Semih, I dont really know what you're trying to say... sorry if I'm forward but please explain cuz I dont understand what your comment means...

Eric Clapton: Michael's BTM version
[youtube]4N8GbyF4OcM[/youtube]

Greg Philliganes: Michael's BTM Version
[youtube]tE5lhnv0QD4[/youtube]

Ryuichi Sakamoto: Michael's BTM Version
[youtube]hZpB2rBe7uQ[/youtube]

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:

I don't hate Teddy Riley, I never said that. I said that in my opinion it's silly to think MJ is still alive, and that's what Riley believes. Naturally if he believes something that I think is silly I'm not very likely to trust his overall judgement at this point in time. I do not hate him!

Does Ted Riley still thinks MJ is alive? And he doesn't mean this in a spiritual or metaphorical way, but literal? Wow...

Sony should just not release any new music and just celebrate what HE gave us. That's it. Good sales, no bickering.

And I think that this is the bottomline of this debate; should Sony or shouldn't Sony release polished up demo's and/or off-takes? And that is what these songs are at its best. (Meaning we don't hear the final result as maybe MJ would have wanted it; with different vocal styles, or diff. melodies within the song etc. These songs are a aproximation at best.)

For me personal I don't mind these songs to be released. They will eventually, somehow. Either leaked throughout the years as demo's or as b-sides etc. Or even as a project from some music student. Now they at least get linked with the Estate. I think in the least these songs give us an insight in the creative processes that moved MJ. (And besides, I think he knew that he had some gems in his vault - you can consider it an artist retirement plan. Every artists doest this btw.)

I did it in another post, but will repeat it again: history is filled with material that has been published post mortum. Think of Mozart, Kafka, Dickens, or more modern Tupac etc. There is really nothing new here.

how does someone build an altar to someone and then, publicly make it look like he was the rescuer and salvager of the subject of that altar, at the same time? and then, 'apologize'? i guess it was never ok to believe anything coming out of Michael's mouth, but i guess i should believe everything that comes out of Riley's mouth. ok.

i used to respect Teddy Riley.

wow.

Thread cleaned.

Gaz has set up threads to discuss the authenticity of songs. This is not the thread for it to be discussed it. Do not do it. Please. Go to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

Back