Are we expecting anything in 2019?

Well, it sounds like the estate might not do anything... is anyone OUTSIDE of the estate gonna do anything?

I was debating going to LA during the week of the 25th but... I don't know if I would be ready.

Pay back is a bitch and I hope the IRS take proper steps here.

So you're hoping for the IRS to take money away from the kids' trust fund? I'm not hoping for that at all. The IRS has already revised its estimates down, down, down and I want to see that continue, for the sake of Prince, Paris and Bigi.

As we all know, 2019 marks 10 years since Michael's passing and presents an obvious opportunity for the Estate to mark this somehow.

I believe it's been said the Estate do not intent to mark death anniversaries but they didn't really mark his 60th birthday with anything significant either so I feel like maybe there's more pressure on them to do something now.

We're only 6 months out from the 10 year mark, with this in mind do you expect anything from them this year?

I feel as though the question of "Are we expecting anything new and what do we want to see?" is asked in threads, over and over again in so many different forms, every couple of months or so. Personally, I agree that death anniversaries are not necessarily appropriate for the Estate to mark and/or remember, year after year, as it surely must hurt and sadden Michael's children, who are still young.

That being said, ten years is significant and I'd like to see something amazing done for MJ....not necessarily audio-visual, or musical....but perhaps something physical and long-lasting...something structural (like a museum, a school of excellence, an art/sculpture gallery, a fountain, an animal sanctuary or zoo).

In recent years Sony Music have developed an unwritten policy not to exploit death and deceased artists' day of death with new releases. The exception are legacy artists that have been dead for decades.

If this might help.

In recent years Sony Music have developed an unwritten policy not to exploit death and deceased artists' day of death with new releases. The exception are legacy artists that have been dead for decades.

If this might help.

Do they also have an unwritten policy not to celebrate milestone birthdays of their artists? :D

No :D , but 61 in 2019 isn't quite a milestone, compared to 60 in 2018. And there was nothing. ;)

wasn't there something with mark ronson happening? did i miss it?

wasn't there something with mark ronson happening? did i miss it?

Nothing has happened with that. There was also some debate about the wording of his post as to whether or not anything was actually happening.

There was also some debate about the wording of his post as to whether or not anything was actually happening.

I never understood this. His post outright said "unreleased MJ," which people interpreted as meaning "unheard vocals on an extended version of my mashup." Plus, it coincided with the report of John McClain being holed up in a Los Angeles studio with an unnamed "super producer" working on stuff. I don't know where the confusion stems from.

Although we've heard nothing yet something is definitely coming. It's just a matter of when.
I never understood this. His post outright said "unreleased MJ," which people interpreted as meaning "unheard vocals on an extended version of my mashup." Plus, it coincided with the report of John McClain being holed up in a Los Angeles studio with an unnamed "super producer" working on stuff. I don't know where the confusion stems from.

This year I'd be willing to bet we will finally get something.. it's been 10 years since...

I explained it to you at the time. From a literal point of view it is not clear. You merely chose to interpret it one way over another. I'd say you were probably right, though.

Well, it sounds like the estate might not do anything... is anyone OUTSIDE of the estate gonna do anything?
It's likely that Universal/Motown will celebrate the J5s 50th Anniversary. The unreleased Bobby Taylor songs from the groups first 1969 Motown recording sessions are expected to be on such a release.

So you're hoping for the IRS to take money away from the kids' trust fund? I'm not hoping for that at all. The IRS has already revised its estimates down, down, down and I want to see that continue, for the sake of Prince, Paris and Bigi.

I agree it is the kids inheretance we are talking bout

Back