Monster - The Great Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Monster - The Great Debate (Cascio Controversy Thread)

Well at least the artwork looks really nice. Like the "Dangerous" cover art, you could look at it for hours and try to dissect it. But I agree, the whole "Dangerous" booklet is so well put together, the "Michael" booklet is pretty plain by comparison, with no illustrations and colour.

I was in the first raw on DANGEROUS tour ;-)

SNAP! When the only people between you and Michael Jackson are the men in green security jackets, you know you're close! :)

n732517316_1003729_3535.jpg

SNAP! When the only people between you and Michael Jackson are the men in green security jackets, you know you're close! :)

I coulda taken them :cheeky:

omg omg omg :wild::wild::wild:

you saw both bad and dangerous???

I'm green like Shrek now!

And HIStory. I took my nephew to this show so we didn't push to get to the front. Had no idea that would be the last time I'd see him perform live. Saw him again at the O2 Press Conference - have you seen my YouTube channel?

n732517316_1003744_183.jpg

I coulda taken them :cheeky:

Imagine looking away from the stage when the greatest entertainer is singing Man In The Mirror right behind you? I would NEVER have done that job! NEVER!

double post

Well at least the artwork looks really nice. Like the "Dangerous" cover art, you could look at it for hours and try to dissect it. But I agree, the whole "Dangerous" booklet is so well put together, the "Michael" booklet is pretty plain by comparison, with no illustrations and colour.

hmm... i hear you. the whole michael cover is interesting. but, i also meant the overall booklet design... i don't know how to explain it better. when you flip through the booklets of dangerous and history, you feel they are special and thoughtfully done. the details, the extras, the designs are all superb.

Imagine looking away from the stage when the greatest entertainer is singing Man In The Mirror right behind you? I would NEVER have done that job! NEVER!

Oh, I know! Everytime I see the security people, I feel bad for them lol...It's all business, no pleasure :(

i still remember the first time i saw the dangerous album booklet. i was a teen. i was impressed, truly impressed. the cover, the artwork, the layout of lyrics... i had never seen something that exquisitely done.

compare to dangerous and history, the booklet of michael, the album, seems pale in comparision and amaterish.

God you guys make me feel so OLD! I remember the Dangerous era as if it was yesterday. I was a CRAZY fan back then... used to write to anyone and everyone in an effort to get any information I could about him. I wish I could show you some of my rarities. Try these - Dangerous album press release:

n732517316_2922652_4500171.jpg

n732517316_2922653_1218725.jpg

n732517316_2922643_6222576.jpg

And HIStory. I took my nephew to this show so we didn't push to get to the front. Had no idea that would be the last time I'd see him perform live. Saw him again at the O2 Press Conference - have you seen my YouTube channel?

n732517316_1003744_183.jpg

no, i haven't seen your youtube chanel...

omg.. that's history teaser right there...

Sam, you are a lucky lucky lucky man.

Well, obviously being 'old' has its advantages!

hmm... i hear you. the whole michael cover is interesting. but, i also meant the overall booklet design... i don't know how to explain it better. when you flip through the booklets of dangerous and history, you feel they are special and thoughtfully done. the details, the extras, the designs are all superb.

I definitely agree. When I buy video games, the first thing I spot is that only the really special ones have colour booklets, and they're so fantastic to go through. The same thing goes with "Dangerous" and "HIStory". Heck, most of MJ's albums had such colourful artwork and photography in them! It's a shame they couldn't do that for "Michael", it would've made the booklet so much more stimulating to see.

God you guys make me feel so OLD! I remember the Dangerous era as if it was yesterday. I was a CRAZY fan back then... used to write to anyone and everyone in an effort to get any information I could about him. I wish I could show you some of my rarities. Try these - Dangerous album press release:

n732517316_2922652_4500171.jpg

n732517316_2922653_1218725.jpg

n732517316_2922643_6222576.jpg

Look at the design of the letterhead... Isn't it exquisite? It wow you...

This is exactly how I felt when I open the booklet of Dangerous. WOW...

What other album gives you goosebump the moment you open the case?

Actually I was disappointed and frustrated!

It was my first time! And I needed to be in the first raw! I did everything to go there! At that time, as it was my first time I thopught that it was going to be just like on BAD-PEPSI video, you know to be so close to the stage that you could be able to put your elbows on the very stage! But when I got there and saw this huge gap with all the security and being unable to see Michael's feet, I was disgusted lol.

But anyway, the proximity was such a,d the show was such that I do not regret a single second of that show and me being in front.

Look at the design of the letterhead... Isn't it exquisite? It wow you...

This is exactly how I felt when I open the booklet of Dangerous. WOW...

What other album gives you goosebump the moment you open the case?

And, his watermarked eyes! Just beautiful! Dangerous is definitely his best album cover...I love the Bad cover too, because I used to stare at his beautiful face for hours...I remember saying when I was little 'He's SOOOOO cute!' :wub:

Thats true both albums have amazing booklets. I also like reading those special shoutouts to friends of Michaels. Then on th eInvincible one Michael included a dedication to his children whihc I though was lovely.

Actually I was disappointed and frustrated!

It was my first time! And I needed to be in the first raw! I did everything to go there! At that time, as it was my first time I thopught that it was going to be just like on BAD-PEPSI video, you know to be so close to the stage that you could be able to put your elbows on the very stage! But when I got there and saw this huge gap with all the security and being unable to see Michael's feet, I was disgusted lol.

But anyway, the proximity was such a,d the show was such that I do not regret a single second of that show and me being in front.

so so so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant row, not raw lol

Can we please stop talking about this? It's only making want to rip my hair out! :lol:

Can we please stop talking about this? It's only making want to rip my hair out! :lol:

i know... i know... we are all in hideous shade of green now.

but, i want to hear it...

bumper and sam, shamone, tell us more....

Yeah, you're right...sucker for punishment...lol

*cough* old fart *cough*

Thats true both albums have amazing booklets. I also like reading those special shoutouts to friends of Michaels. Then on th eInvincible one Michael included a dedication to his children whihc I though was lovely.

the way he thanked people is like no other. you can feel his warmth and sincerity..

ahh... the good old days... that was the time when owning a phycical album is so much fun...

I was really tragic - then and now. I had a sense that I was documenting history so I'd collect EVERYTHING and photograph EVERYTHING. I spent one reel of film just taking pictures of the queues at Wembley Stadium! I did the same years later at the O2, just took random films of the crowd scenes before Michael took to the stage. This is 1992, Wembley Stadium, Dangerous Tour:

n732517316_1003697_7029.jpg

n732517316_1003698_7523.jpg

n732517316_1003699_7910.jpg

n732517316_1003700_8332.jpg

n732517316_1003701_9220.jpg

Wembley Stadium looks nothing like that now, though.

^^ You never showed me those! Amazing!

Having experienced BAD era as the most magical moment in my life, including going to the cinema to see MOONWALKER when it came out and discovering LEAVE ME ALONE and COME TOGETHER for the first time, I wanted -even more- so badly to see Michael at the concert tour.

When FINALLY, after months of spending days and nights in front of MTV (MTV NEWS) hoping to hear when the new album was going to come out, they announced the premiere of the video BLACK OR WHITE! I recorded that very first premiere. On that video there are no NAZI or KKK tags. They were added afterwards after the controversy of so called violent behavior.

I finally managed to get a ticket to see Michael on concert.

I came in front of the barriers at 8.00am and was waiting in the crowd till 5.00. (Luckily I had some sandwiches and water, otherwise you starve and dehydrate).

We forced the barriers before the H-Hour. The security threatened us and had to close the gates.

When they opened the gates, finally, we had to run as fast as our legs could bear the pain and our lungs breathe. We were exhausted after waiting a whole day under the hot July's sun.

When we finally took our place, still standing of course (very hurtful for the back, hips and legs), the security watered us and shared some pepsi drinks. People were litterally fainting. When I saw that on video before, I always thought they fainted because they saw Michael. But the cocnert still hadn't started yet some people were fainting. I understood that it was because of lack of air and too much heat.

Anyway we waited for some time, then all of sudden Kriss Korss jumped on the stage (for about one hour). After them Rosalla sang for over un hour (she was woed). And finally we got the chance to see Michael!!!!

Here is the best part,
I wanted to see him enter the stage, so I was looking left, right, left, right, i wanted to know where is he going to come from! Suddenly I heard the public screm so loud that my ears were hurting. I still couldn't see Michael! Yet there h was, in front of the stage!

Ithought to myself! WTF! How did he come there? That was magical! So, yes, shame on me, I missed the toast part of the concert :D even though I was in the first row!!!!!! Arrrgh loool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back