Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

You have to be careful online. half these people are trolls and haters who loves to see Michael fall. i never watched it. and i'm still not gone too. i'm one of the lucky people.:D i already knew they were lying. we been though this before.

Yes that's true, my daughter always says that the reviews on IMD are just false ones or sados that have nothing better to do, I had to watch LN, not to reasure myself that Michael was innocent because I already knew that, I had to watch because I hadn't then I wouldn't have been able to defend him with proof, I hope that makes sense

Thank u for posting this, it really worries me when I read the thing I read as I think the majority of people believe them then I read yours and it makes me feel loads better

It's okay. When you feel bad, just remember, no one will remember LN in a few years, even if it wins some awards. Just like all the other trash "documentaries" people have made about Michael. They all fade away and Michael's legacy remains. Also, the loudest voice online is always the haters and the trolls. Not because they are the majority, they aren't. It's just because they are the ones who like to tell everyone their opinion because it makes them feel righteous. It's just obnoxious virtue signalling, basically. Try not to let it bother you.

Thank u for posting this, it really worries me when I read the thing I read as I think the majority of people believe them then I read yours and it makes me feel loads better
I think it is the opposite but the media want you think everyone is against MJ. Yes, Mj have some haters (all celebs and even all of us have haters). Look at what Dave Chappell said at his comedy show, how many media people reported his comment? NONE.

It's okay. When you feel bad, just remember, no one will remember LN in a few years, even if it wins some awards. Just like all the other trash "documentaries" people have made about Michael. They all fade away and Michael's legacy remains. Also, the loudest voice online is always the haters and the trolls. Not because they are the majority, they aren't. It's just because they are the ones who like to tell everyone their opinion because it makes them feel righteous. It's just obnoxious virtue signalling, basically. Try not to let it bother you.
Exactly. even when I talk to a few haters online, I still know they are full of it and mess with their minds.

i'm trying to find out should i tell my mother about the emmys or not or let her know once it gets close. should i tell her?

That's a really good point actually, them 2 will just disappear and never be heard of again, well hopefully, whenever I feel hurt and miss MJ I just look at my shoulder, like MJ the tattoo I now have will be there forever

i'm trying to find out should i tell my mother about the emmys or not or let her know once it gets close. should i tell her?

That depends on how u think she might react, I would like my daughter to tell me but I would also explain the full story how much support Michael has and maybe show her this site if she doesn't know about it already, to me this site is absolutely amazing it's helped me a lot because before I found it I thought I was the only one who missed MJ, it's hard to talk to family members sometimes about how much he is missed, especially if they are not that much of a fan, this site has shown me that I hava a place to come and talk about MJ and say how much he meant to me

I'm sure they would have already pulled it from UK Amazon if they were going to. Seems that it's only banned in the US. That's interesting... Maybe they don't have the power to pull the episode in other countries.

Also, I can't believe how high the ratings for LN are on the US Amazon. That's wild. You should have seen how low it was rated on the UK site before they pulled it. It was hilarious.

Yes that's true, my daughter always says that the reviews on IMD are just false ones or sados that have nothing better to do, I had to watch LN, not to reasure myself that Michael was innocent because I already knew that, I had to watch because I hadn't then I wouldn't have been able to defend him with proof, I hope that makes sense

There is a good chance there's fake reviews on both sites, or reviews where the person was paid to leave a positive review. Amazon is particularly bad about these. You can tell when the reviews are fake/paid too because they'll use similar phrases and just sound... off.

There is a good chance there's fake reviews on both sites, or reviews where the person was paid to leave a positive review. Amazon is particularly bad about these. You can tell when the reviews are fake/paid too because they'll use similar phrases and just sound... off.

Good god it just goes to show what people will do for a little bit of money, makes me sick

It's best to ignore them. that's what they want anyway. i tend to just block them and move on. it isn't wroth the time.

I don't use social media so I don't have to read that stuff thank god, if I see stuff in the news I can tell if it's going to be good for Michael or just another load of crap, the good stuff I read, the other stuff I stick a finger up to

Good god it just goes to show what people will do for a little bit of money, makes me sick

this is the world we live in. sadly. like mike said money is all roots of evil. he's not kidding when he said that. i respect him more than i already did.

I don't use social media so I don't have to read that stuff thank god, if I see stuff in the news I can tell if it's going to be good for Michael or just another load of crap, the good stuff I read, the other stuff I stick a finger up to

Social Media always talk bad about Michael. it depends on what part of the web you go on. but one thing i can say this social media really helped us with these fake lies about him. we didn't have this in 1993 so this actually an blessing even if some people still believes this crap.

PoP;4263788 said:
Well I’ve defended “The Simpsons” long enough now since I don’t care anymore, like my brother keeps saying “lost it’s edge” and I shot back at him saying “Family Guy” is way too stale, unfunny and more repetitive. If those 3 were in my town I shout at them “Episode Killer!” and “MJ haters!” to show my hatred towards em” now. They’re gonna lose ratings and meeting their own demise anyways.

Both shows are not good anymore. both of them lost their touch and family guy is just the simpsons with cruel jokes etc. both shows are loosing ratings as we speak.

Mind telling us what are you referring to, specifically?.

No, Michael wasn't God.
But I don't think there are many bad things to be said about him. Specially not that aren't shallow or superficial.

Yes, he made himself the #1 target of every possible idea tabloids could make up out of him.
He put himself in the most vulnerable position time and time again. And we were always left in the middle having to fight for him and explain almost the explainable to everybody else on Earth. How many times did you have to start explaining what happened in 93? Like, actually going through the whole story behind the Chandlers, little by little. Until at some point you were even confusing yourself as you were explaining it. Like... "no, wait... actually BEFORE this thing I was telling you, what happened was THIS.... OH! AND ALSO, I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT........." etc, etc, etc.
Me? Dozens of times. And the people you're telling the story to (maybe a friend, maybe a family member, etc) look at you like "Yeah right....". Because, literally... when you hear yourself telling the actual real story, fact by fact, you start thinking "Damn... it sure does like one hell of a conspiracy theory. The whole world was against MJ".

But we, as fans, who have watched Michael grow, since he was 5 years old, he never ever ever in his life had one altercation, he was never caught down-talking to anybody, or screaming at somebody, or insulting anyone. He had ALWAYS maintained the same tone. The same humbleness. The same kindness. No matter how bad the situation got. We're talking about a man that literally grow up in front of thousands of cameras. He grow up in front of us all. Yet, he has never been caught "off guard", so to speak. Why? Because he was special. He was special in every single way. I truly believe we, as human beings, were not prepared for someone like Michael. So good. So evil-less. So innocent. So child-like.

So we tend to look at everything through our own lenses. Judge people the second we meet them. Make assumptions. Jump into conclusions. Even if you just met somebody at a party, you'll be subconsciously judging him or her.

So Michael was an easy target for the whole world.

And no. He was not God. But what else is there to say about him?.

Well Said.

61ce5a938e713803495f545c8cf37972.jpg

I believe this was Michael's most powerful speech ever.

Had he said this, in this exact way, with the same energy and conviction, in an exclusive interview or in a big awards ceremony or through an official statement, trying to reach more public, I think it would have done him a lot of good and if would have helped him to shift the perception of public opinion about him.

I don't know why, whenever he got the chance to do a big interview or speak to millions of people watching him on TV, he always chose to speak about different things in a different way. Less powerful. With less impact. Weaker.

The interview with Oprah. The interview with Barbara Walters. The interview at Prime Time Live. The interview with Martin Bashir.
ETC.

He never used those big opportunities to speak to the world and say "HEY, THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING. THIS IS WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING FOR THE PAST 10/15 YEARS. THIS IS THE REAL STORY".

But the things he said in that Speech (had he not been recorded by someone at random, we probably never hear those words) are compelling and convincing.

When he talks about a conspiracy.
When he says that after becoming the biggest artist, with the biggest selling-album of all times, and overnight all of a sudden he became a child molester, he skin-bleacher, a monster.... just like that. And all because he was a black man. A successful black man. The MOST successful black man in history. IT'S SO GOD-DAMN POWERFUL. You hear him talk like that and you instantly understand everything else. Everything falls into place.

WHY DID HE NEVER SPOKE LIKE THAT ON BIGGER SCALES? AT CERTAIN EVENTS WHERE HE'D HAVE GOTTEN A LOT MORE ATTENTION.
I just cannot understand that.

We've always heard rumblings about a conspiracy against MJ. But hearing it from his own mouth. With such power. Man... it's something else.

I saw this video before. everything he said in this video is true. i even said it myself. Michael was an black man so of course he was too powerful they had to destroy him. i'm not sure why he didn't talk like this in other interviews. Michael was also a shy man so sometimes he didn't speak up when it came to somethings. but he did speak out when he wanted to. also there the media too. you know how the media are they like twist stuff up. gotta be careful with that stuff.

I think I read somewhere that the episode was still on Amazon Prime UK, but dunno about the accuracy. I doubt it'll be pulled forever though; it'll probably come back in the next year or so. And if not, well... there's always the DVD releases (if you can find them) or in extreme cases, piracy...

I hope your right. and sadly they taking it off future DVD releases. :( I saw season 3 boxsets on ebay. :(

Jermaine Jackson denies doubting Michael Jackson innocence
by July 20, 2019 12:40 PM EST

Michael Jackson’s brother Jermaine Jackson complained about a UK Sun article about allegations of child molestation against Michael Jackson.

The Sun’s February article, “MJ Paedo Worry Michael Jackson’s bother Jermaine expressed secret fears over superstar’s sex abuse claims in 1993 interview,” reported that despite Jermaine Jackson’s defense of his brother, Jermaine Jackson gave an interview in 1993 saying he had doubts about his brother’s innocence.

Jackson denied the interview, saying he consistently had defended his brother against the allegations. The Sun, however, defended its story as reporting accurately on an article in the public domain, and provided the 1993 article as evidence. Regardless, Jackson denied he made the comments and called the 1993 article “dubious.”

Despite Jackson’s denials, IPSO ruled that the article accurately reported on the 1993 interview and contextualized that it was an old interview, and not his current position.

“By reporting these comments, the article did not contain the suggestion that this was a position which the complainant currently held; the article made clear that the complainant had expressed strong support of his brother in 1993, and more recently,” IPSO reported. “The newspaper had taken care to report the historic comments contained in the interview accurately, and no misleading impression was given of the content of the article published in 1993, such as would require correction.”

iMediaEthics has written to the Sun. We’ve also written to Jackson’s representatives to ask if he is satisfied with the process and has complained about any other news outlets’ reporting on this matter.

https://www.imediaethics.org/jermaine-jackson-denies-doubting-michael-jackson-innocence/

True.

I hope your right. and sadly they taking it off future DVD releases. :( I saw season 3 boxsets on ebay. :(

Damn, you're not kidding... some listings even put the episode title in them to draw people into buying it. Seems it's not just R&S looking to make a profit from this whole deal!

The original releases are no doubt going to go up in price due to now being a collector's item with a "lost episode". Can't find anything definite about it being pulled from future physical releases aside from this Wiki page, but the source they cite doesn't mention that in the actual article. I know the showrunners have the right to do what they want with their show but this is just plain wrong.

Damn, you're not kidding... some listings even put the episode title in them to draw people into buying it. Seems it's not just R&S looking to make a profit from this whole deal!

lol. i'm glad they letting people know that the episode has been banned and putting the title there. even if their making money or not. this is probably the only how far it's gonna get for MJ fans with this episode who doesn't have the episode already.

The original releases are no doubt going to go up in price due to now being a collector's item with a "lost episode". Can't find anything definite about it being pulled from future physical releases aside from this Wiki page, but the source they cite doesn't mention that in the actual article. I know the showrunners have the right to do what they want with their show but this is just plain wrong.

I know. i can't believe this episode is now an collector's item. i mean it was kind of was before this but it's still kind of sad and weird. :( i know this is stupid. if the creators think Michael did that stuff wasn't with him in the first place. this make me look at the simpsons creators differently now. :(

Hopefully they will bring it back one day. but right now it's looking like they won't. and if they don't then, real fans of both or one of the other will know Michael was on the simpsons and it was his favorite show and that he also did songs with the show. :( it's still sad they did this to him though. :(

Whenever i get a chance i'm gonna try to see can i download this episode somewhere and save it to my computer and some of the songs. i bet i can. i'm gonna have look at this episode again. it's been awhile since i watched this episode etc.:laughing: i remember it being sweet yet funny episode. :laughing: :D

Looking back. i don't understand why Michael disguise himself as an overweight bald guy who claimed to be nuts. :laughing: i know he always disguised himself etc. but why an overweight bald guy who claimed to be nuts? :laughing: this is around the dangerous era so, i don't know. maybe he was actually upset people judged him for things he did in the 80's meanwhile all the fake news during this time before the false allegations and wanted to put it an in episode of his favorite show. it make sense. or he just did it because he knew it would be funny. laughing at his ownself maybe? :laughing: i don't know.

one thing i like about this episode is the ending credits. John Jay Smith. :laughing: Michael was such an funny and sweet man. i miss him. there will never be another.

7fe9ca8b94751d69e5b1fc1c163db59b.jpg

Whenever i get a chance i'm gonna try to see can i download this episode somewhere and save it to my computer and some of the songs. i bet i can. i'm gonna have look at this episode again. it's been awhile since i watched this episode etc.:laughing: i remember it being sweet yet funny episode. :laughing: :D
Well, it is still on YouTube and with INFINITY cable, use the blue microphone on your remote, say YouTube, (sign in) click in the espisole or type it in and it will be on your tv. I AM WATCHING IT NOW.

Last edited:
Back