Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

I like many of the songs on Michael.

Can't say i'm really excited for this, it's cool i guess. But i always say...don't touch a classic, keep it like it is. Who knows, maybe i'll end up liking it.

Omg i can't wait for the release defo getting,might pre-order deluxe edition on fri from the site. I also can not wait for the tour too hit the UK worth the wait.

The new album with old songs? Mmmm... sounds a little bit odd... of course i want to hear it, but i was waiting for something new

I love it!!!! :wild:
kermit.gif

I couldn't care less for a remix album. I'm surprised some people seem to be excited about this CD, when the remixes on BOTDF are usually the most disliked part of MJ's discography.

Actually the Thriller 25 remixes are the most disliked!

I'll be passing on this one.

I love Michael's music as it is, untouched. Never been a big fan of remixes, and this release just seems like yet another way to get fans to buy Billie Jean for the zillionth time.

If the album had the exact track-list but called "The Best Of - Greatest Hits - Collection - Again" then everybody would be fuming........

......But remix it and everything is ok.........weird????

A DVD of the immortal tour would of made sense...........this doesn't....especially when most people are either unable to see the show or haven't seen it yet!!!!

I like how with the Beatles one there was a version that came with a DVD with a 5.1 mix on it - that would be nice if they did that with this. No complaints here though...I'm quite satisfied with what they are offering!

i would of thought this was just another stupid remix but then i watched the immortal trailer and from what i've heard the music sounds excellent so i'm def in for this! its nice having something that generally all of us are excited about again!
when the reviews came back from the likes of gaz and other community leaders, they all spoke of how mj's voice was highlighted and it confused me but i completely get now from what i've heard
my only prob now is deciding whether to get it now or wait till the tour comes to Australia...which could b a very long time

i'll buy this, but i'll have to catch up on buying all mj's discography first, i haven't bought bad yet, cuz of the bad25 thing (even though it's not confirmed, i'll wait a lil longer), off the wall and history. i bought destiny and triumph tough. i'll buy this, but i prefer an unreleased album (just as michael left it). but hopefully they'll release one the next year or in 2.

Any info about Japan release of "Immortal" album? I wan't Japan isue :):)

I'd rather have this than the disaster that was the Michael album any day.

"Michael" was great : I still listen to it every week.

Based on the music heard so far in the show, it looks like the mash-ups will be much more conservative on the MJ CD than they were on "Love", the Beatles release. "Love" was crazy : people are still figuring out where every bit of each song comes from, and it became a completely different work than the original songs. This Immortal CD is, based on the songs heard in the show, much more of a usual remix album. Some differences here and there, but nothing drastic like on "Love".

"Michael" was great : I still listen to it every week.

Based on the music heard so far in the show, it looks like the mash-ups will be much more conservative on the MJ CD than they were on "Love", the Beatles release. "Love" was crazy : people are still figuring out where every bit of each song comes from, and it became a completely different work than the original songs. This Immortal CD is, based on the songs heard in the show, much more of a usual remix album. Some differences here and there, but nothing drastic like on "Love".

I still listen to it but only 7 tracks.

I like all 10 songs on Michael. - Some more than others of course. But the conspiracy that it is not MJ singing makes no sense to me.

If the next all new MJ album could be as good as Michael - and for the sake of peace, love and harmony no Cascio songs included - I will be very very thrilled.

Hope for APWNN, BG, DYKWYCA, STTM, Escape - and WHE would be great to have out on an official MJ album, not many knows the song. - If sony plans to give 10 new songs again, they could add WHE as a bonus 11th song!

i'll buy this, but i'll have to catch up on buying all mj's discography first, i haven't bought bad yet, cuz of the bad25 thing (even though it's not confirmed, i'll wait a lil longer), off the wall and history. i bought destiny and triumph tough. i'll buy this, but i prefer an unreleased album (just as michael left it). but hopefully they'll release one the next year or in 2.
You can join the Invincible campaign and buy Invincible album in October 2011

I like all 10 songs on Michael. - Some more than others of course. But the conspiracy that it is not MJ singing makes no sense to me.

If the next all new MJ album could be as good as Michael - and for the sake of peace, love and harmony no Cascio songs included - I will be very very thrilled.

Hope for APWNN, BG, DYKWYCA, STTM, Escape - and WHE would be great to have out on an official MJ album, not many knows the song. - If sony plans to give 10 new songs again, they could add WHE as a bonus 11th song!

You obviously haven't heard the original Cascio demos, nor the extensive research which has been done into those tracks. There is not one single piece of evidence to prove that Michael even knew of these songs, let alone recorded them. No one has been able to provide one single comparison to any song from Michael's 40 years of recording tht sounds like how he does on the Cascio tracks. However, the vocalist on the Cascio tracks has the exact same vibrato, accent and pronounciation as Jason Cupeta. He also makes snorts when he is taking a breath - the same snorts that can be found in Jason's own recordings. And it has nothing to do with the infamous processing excuse. The original unprocessed demos contain those same vocal nuances. So we are supposed to believe that just for these 12 recordings, Michael suddenly developed the exact same vibrato as Jason Cupeta. Michael supposedly wrote these 12 songs but there are no notes, no outtakes, nothing. They were all "destroyed" at Michael's request allegedly. Not to mention that these songs were not registered as invidual titles with BMI (copyright) until over a year after Michael's death. The first time that their existence was even known about was 11 months after Michael's death. The songs are comprised of backing vocals by James Porte, lead vocals by Jason Cupeta and copy pasted adlibs from previous records. For example - the first "whoo" in Breaking News is taken from YRMW. In fact, you can even hear the YRMW music in the background of the BN acapella at that point. Monster uses various samples including entire words pasted from the line "why ain't you feelin me" from Invincible to make "why you hauntin me". This is a clever way of fooling fans in to thinking they are hearing MJ all the way through. When you look at all this evidence, it makes a lot of sense. Eddie Cascio and James Porte saw an opportunity to make a lot of money and get themselves on full MJ songs. Unfortunately, Sony fell for it. The Estate tried hard to get the songs removed. John McClain desperately wanted them off the album but they weren't able to in time.

You obviously haven't heard the original Cascio demos, nor the extensive research which has been done into those tracks. There is not one single piece of evidence to prove that Michael even knew of these songs, let alone recorded them. No one has been able to provide one single comparison to any song from Michael's 40 years of recording tht sounds like how he does on the Cascio tracks. However, the vocalist on the Cascio tracks has the exact same vibrato, accent and pronounciation as Jason Cupeta. He also makes snorts when he is taking a breath - the same snorts that can be found in Jason's own recordings. And it has nothing to do with the infamous processing excuse. The original unprocessed demos contain those same vocal nuances. So we are supposed to believe that just for these 12 recordings, Michael suddenly developed the exact same vibrato as Jason Cupeta. Michael supposedly wrote these 12 songs but there are no notes, no outtakes, nothing. They were all "destroyed" at Michael's request allegedly. Not to mention that these songs were not registered as invidual titles with BMI (copyright) until over a year after Michael's death. The first time that their existence was even known about was 11 months after Michael's death. The songs are comprised of backing vocals by James Porte, lead vocals by Jason Cupeta and copy pasted adlibs from previous records. For example - the first "whoo" in Breaking News is taken from YRMW. In fact, you can even hear the YRMW music in the background of the BN acapella at that point. Monster uses various samples including entire words pasted from the line "why ain't you feelin me" from Invincible to make "why you hauntin me". This is a clever way of fooling fans in to thinking they are hearing MJ all the way through. When you look at all this evidence, it makes a lot of sense. Eddie Cascio and James Porte saw an opportunity to make a lot of money and get themselves on full MJ songs. Unfortunately, Sony fell for it. The Estate tried hard to get the songs removed. John McClain desperately wanted them off the album but they weren't able to in time.

I realize this isn't the place for this discussion, but this version of events you just provided is full of holes and inaccuracies, while the official version of events makes a lot more sense. I'll go through your whole post later, in the appropriate thread in the other section. This is important so people who enjoy the "Michael" album don't have their fun ruined by a very far-fetched conspiracy theory.

I realize this isn't the place for this discussion, but this version of events you just provided is full of holes and inaccuracies, while the official version of events makes a lot more sense. I'll go through your whole post later, in the appropriate thread in the other section. This is important so people who enjoy the "Michael" album don't have their fun ruined by a very far-fetched conspiracy theory.

I only wish it were a far fetched conspiracy theory.

What people don't understand is why would Sony risk being sued by every single person who bought "Michael" for fraud, Sony would never risk that and also people don't understand that MJ was cool with Sony after the Invincible thing since he himself signed back with them before and he wasn't mad at Sony he was mad at Motolla who ran Sony but now it's not him

Lets leave these CAscio tracks from this thread.
Although I want the say; There are people who like the songs and people that don't. I have to say i like Monster and KYHU. But for fans to be united again and make MJ's future albums #1 they should not use these tracks again.
I hope people like Gaz for example or other forum leaders have put this to the attention of teh Estate/Sony.

I like how the Estate listened to the fans and remove the Cascio songs from the immortal tour. That is a good sign I think. I really don;t think the Estate/Sony will mess up the next album.

Back to the topic.
I think this is a fantastic album. Can;t wait to hear the I'll be There version of this tour I heard it is just amazing. I can say that this album OF COURSE will sell more that 'Michael".

The interview of the Estate yesterday on CNN was a good promotion. There is no doubt, we can see sales in the range of "This is it" I think.

I'm sorry but do you know more than Musicologists ? All their tests prove this to be MJ and think for a second why would Sony, The Estate of Michael Jackson and every single person who worked on these songs risk being sure for fraud ?

So, according to the newest article about the album, it's full of unreleased outtakes and alternate versions. Has anyone that has seen the show know this to be true aside from ABC and They Don't Care About Us?

What people don't understand is why would Sony risk being sued by every single person who bought "Michael" for fraud, Sony would never risk that and also people don't understand that MJ was cool with Sony after the Invincible thing since he himself signed back with them before and he wasn't mad at Sony he was mad at Motolla who ran Sony but now it's not him

Because Sony got duped.

I'm sorry but do you know more than Musicologists ? All their tests prove this to be MJ and think for a second why would Sony, The Estate of Michael Jackson and every single person who worked on these songs risk being sure for fraud ?

Could you show me the results of those tests please? What did they test? What was the margin of error? Did they compare to Cupeta's vocals? Without the info at hand, those tests are worthless.

Back