Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

Michael, Michael, Michael!!! Oh whadda Man. Does not matter who puts an album up against him or what the BillBoard says or where he places... Michael Jackson is and will ALWAYS be the One And Only King Of Pop!!!

What we all need to do is make sure Immortal becomes the Global #1 album just like "Michael" did in 2010 and make sure it hits #1 on Billboard 200 so let's all pre-order that album now and get MJ what he deserves another #1 !

Billie Jean from Immortal is brilliant! I can't wait for this CD and I'm probably going to put some of the mixes in my next MJ assembly :D:wub:

`well i would love to see this go to number 1, but Rihanna is releasing her new album (another one) the same week...so she will probably be on tv naked everywhere the week before and grab herself another heavilypromoted number 1!

`well i would love to see this go to number 1, but Rihanna is releasing her new album (another one) the same week...so she will probably be on tv naked everywhere the week before and grab herself another heavilypromoted number 1!

If all MJ fans come together, we can beat everyone.. including Rihanna. And she doesn't have number one album on Billboard Hot 200 yet. Her best charting album was "Good Girl Gone Bad" in 2007. Her last album "Loud" peaked at #3 last year.

We didn't do it last year because of boycotting fans and Cascio controvery, but this time we must succeed for MJ. He deserves to have #1 album in the new decade! Also promotion will be big for this one (Immortal World Tour).

I would be happy if the Immortal album went to #1 but to be honest I can't see it happening. As somebody else said, Rhianna will be all over the place promoting hers on radio, on TV, in magazines to millions of people.
I can't see the Immortal album getting anyway near the amount of coverage hers will get and IMO it'll appeal to a far smaller market anyway

Lets hope for better than "Michael" cos lets face it, it wasnt a huge success financially, and definitely critically!

It's not just her, it's a really competitive week being right before black Friday. MJ, Rihanna, Daughtry, Nickelback, Adam Lambert etc. all releasing albums on Nov. 21st. Plus, Susan Boyle's album comes out at the beginning of November so she'll be in the charts for a while too most likely.

It's not just her, it's a really competitive week being right before black Friday. MJ, Rihanna, Daughtry, Nickelback, Adam Lambert etc. all releasing albums on Nov. 21st. Plus, Susan Boyle's album comes out at the beginning of November so she'll be in the charts for a while too most likely.

Imagine the headlines when MJ beats all these folks to number one. The estate wants to be respectful...but once the trial is over and MJ's killer is in jail, I think they will drum up publicity for Immortal shows. And that will help drive record sale.

We need some happy news after this horrendous week.

Let's GO!!!!

^Just like they promoted Michael? I would love it if you were right but last year's "Michael" does not leave me looking forward to a lot of promotion.

I will wait until I go to the fan convention in December to buy my copy. This is so exciting!!!!

Ps: on second thoughts, I will buy one in November and the other at the convention. I want to contribute to possible #1 listings. I assume that Cirque will promote this as well???????

I think it depends on the promotion. Rihanna doesn't debut with big numbers (usually around 180K), so if Sony promotes well there's a good chance MJ may be #1.

The main reason I DO support this album, is because it brings to light several pieces of Michael's work that most people overlooked. My guess is that the majority of those going to the Immortal Show (the general public) are Thriller/Bad era fans, and hearing things from the HIStory album that showed Michael as a PERSON rather than a performer. i.e. Earth Song, Childhood... And stuff like "Planet Earth", those kind of things that are really only heard by us fans for the most part, and now it's being promoted through a new album! I may be looking too much into this, but anything that promotes the humanitarian and kind soul Michael was, is something worth supporting in my book.

The main reason I DO support this album, is because it brings to light several pieces of Michael's work that most people overlooked. My guess is that the majority of those going to the Immortal Show (the general public) are Thriller/Bad era fans, and hearing things from the HIStory album that showed Michael as a PERSON rather than a performer. i.e. Earth Song, Childhood... And stuff like "Planet Earth", those kind of things that are really only heard by us fans for the most part, and now it's being promoted through a new album! I may be looking too much into this, but anything that promotes the humanitarian and kind soul Michael was, is something worth supporting in my book.
Agreed!

i think its up to us to help promote this album to get it out there and tell people about it. I find that THIS album CAN be number 1 if its promoted through the fans on Social Media. we are all members of twitter,facebook and Myspace so why not do a little promoting on our own. YES Michael was a BAD album but i think Immortal could be DANGEROUSly good if we help. We are Michael's voice lets raise it and help get the word out on this album because from what i hear on youtube... This is something not to be messed with.

I think this album is going to do well, because now every wants to support it, and there's no controversy over the vocals... I hope it does well. And I also hope the next album with unreleased songs does wen better, I hope the state knows what the fans want ( mj songs as he left it), I'm sure it'll do good as well

Forgive me if I'm wrong, maybe it was brought up in a post I missed, but wasn't there originally supposed to be more new material in these shows and on the album?

Agreed 100%.

I hope as many people buy it as possible and discover songs they never knew about before. But I won't be buying it until after I see the show in the UK in at least two years time. Reason being I don't want to ruin the experience for myself. That's the same reason I'm not watching video clips.

If they do release it sure they will also release it on Blu-Ray!

At this point completely irrelevant but it's interesting...
On US Amazon, Best Sellers Rank in Music:

Immortal (Deluxe Version): #334
new album by Rihanna Talk That Talk: #419

Both will be released on November 21, 2011

Back