This Is It 10th Anniversary Boxset

I AGREE! Come on, Off the Wall deserves something much better than the 2016 reissue.

I still don't get why they chose to do a re-release for that album in that year. That year was the 25th anniversary of Dangerous, and they chose to cover OTW instead. Just... why? Why that year and not, say, this year (the 40th anniversary)?

But we got an amazing piece of chalk

LOL

that Chalk is the only reason I bought that lmao

As a teacher, I valued the chalk. Lol. It's hard to come by, these days, as most classrooms use white boards and technological devices.

Wow, untouched chalk. I should have bought that re release when it came out, I bet the chalk will be worth a lot of money in the future.

My curiosity was piqued, so I googled and watched an unboxing video of said piece of chalk. What an inspiring way to start the day. :laughing:

Wow, untouched chalk. I should have bought that re release when it came out, I bet the chalk will be worth a lot of money in the future.

Isnt a sad thing that the chalk is more popular than the cd lol

I still don't get why they chose to do a re-release for that album in that year. That year was the 25th anniversary of Dangerous, and they chose to cover OTW instead. Just... why? Why that year and not, say, this year (the 40th anniversary)?

LOL

It was released to coincide with the Spike Lee documentary. Also, before the This Is It deal was signed by MJ, there were plans to release OTW. I remember even Michaels official website was changed to an OTW theme. SO i guess they released it to follow up on what MJ was planning before he died.

Michael would be very proud of the chalk. lmbo. i mean he was an guy who liked the simple things in life. i wouldn't be surprise if he actually liked that idea if he haven't thought about it before he passed.

The chalk was better...at least it hadn't been already released lmao! Probably wouldve been a better marketing strategy if they had said that they have limited chalk for cd sets from the same pack mj used to write the title track with

I have no idea either. they should of just waited until this year to do an off the wall anniversary. History turning 25 next year. they probably won't do anything for that. but who knows.

Eric;4272330 said:
It was released to coincide with the Spike Lee documentary. Also, before the This Is It deal was signed by MJ, there were plans to release OTW. I remember even Michaels official website was changed to an OTW theme. SO i guess they released it to follow up on what MJ was planning before he died.

I didn't have internet at the time but wow. i didn't know he was planning to re-release it. i wonder what else he had plan for it.

….

probably the chalk.... either that or a box full of it sealed with the CD and doc etc....

lol. just guessing but who knows.

NatureCriminal7896;4272397 said:
I didn't have internet at the time but wow. i didn't know he was planning to re-release it. i wonder what else he had plan for it.

….

probably the chalk.... either that or a box full of it sealed with the CD and doc etc....

lol. just guessing but who knows.

The chalk was always part of MJ's plan :rollin:

alexmega30;4272409 said:
The chalk was always part of MJ's plan :rollin:

………...

<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/1OEx" width=480 height=320.000 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com"></a></p>

Yeah I know Spike Lee did a documentary on it but... it's still odd timing. Then again if he waited a few more years to do it he may not have had the chance to do it how he wanted. Ah well.

I will not be purchasing this. What needs to be released is a box set of shows from the Bad Tour.

I know we are all fans and we want to see everything MJ has ever done, but releasing multiple shows from the same tour is probably going to be something that won't be done.

they did it for bad25. bad will be turning 35 next year or has it already passed? hopefully we'll get something new for it. i hope so. bad is one my favorite eras.

I know we are all fans and we want to see everything MJ has ever done, but releasing multiple shows from the same tour is probably going to be something that won't be done.

i don't think they can do that either. i know each bad tour had something different in it but releasing the same tour over and over again probably won't work but what do i know fans probably would buy all the bad tours if they did release them all. i think i probably would. especially if it's for limited of time.

i do want see more BAD stuff and tours. i hope we get some in the future and before we all leave this earth.

Last edited:
Back